Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

WE DESIGN ON

Lenovo ThinkPad
Magazine
Castrol Power 1

Tubeless tyres are better than tubed ones.

Our Partners

User Tag List

View Poll Results: How would you rate the overall build and quality of the motorcycle?

Voters
49. This poll is closed
  • Good/Okay

    8 16.33%
  • Bad

    4 8.16%
  • Excellent

    9 18.37%
  • Could Have Been Better

    13 26.53%
  • I am damn happy with my motorcycle

    10 20.41%
  • For the price it's okay

    5 10.20%
Page 1083 of 1089 FirstFirst ... 8358398310331073107910801081108210831084108510861087 ... LastLast
Results 10,821 to 10,830 of 10886
Like Tree6520Likes

Thread: KTM Duke 390 - Ownership Reviews and Experiences

  1. #10821
    Addicted blak bandit 350cc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    srinagar
    Posts
    157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: KTM Duke 390 - Ownership Reviews and Experiences

    hi everyone hope evrthings good.

    recently my 390 duke had abs issue like abs light is always on while riding and abs is switched off ,service centre checked everything but they couldn't anywhere.

    I got on youtube ,saw the maybe wires have issues,because i have bundled my raincoat under the pillion seat ,iw I'll try to remove that and check.

    please suggest your reviews about this situation.
    BLAKBANDIT

  2. #10822
    Moderator B7ACKTHORN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    TN/TS Ooty/Telangana
    Posts
    8,198
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Default Re: KTM Duke 390 - Ownership Reviews and Experiences

    Quote Originally Posted by blak bandit 350cc View Post
    hi everyone hope evrthings good.

    recently my 390 duke had abs issue like abs light is always on while riding and abs is switched off ,service centre checked everything but they couldn't anywhere.

    I got on youtube ,saw the maybe wires have issues,because i have bundled my raincoat under the pillion seat ,iw I'll try to remove that and check.

    please suggest your reviews about this situation.
    Does the ABS work normally when ABS is on or the ABS light throws up even after ABS is switched off?

    Cheers!
    VJ
    Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?'
    The girl said, 'NO!'


    And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and watched sport on a big screen TV, went fishing and surfing, and played golf a lot, and drank beer and scotch and had tons of money in the bank and left the toilet seat up and farted whenever he wanted.


    THE END

  3. #10823
    Addicted blak bandit 350cc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    srinagar
    Posts
    157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: KTM Duke 390 - Ownership Reviews and Experiences

    Quote Originally Posted by B7ACKTHORN View Post
    Does the ABS work normally when ABS is on or the ABS light throws up even after ABS is switched off?

    Cheers!
    VJ
    works works good when it's working,abs warning throws suddenly middle of riding .
    BLAKBANDIT

  4. #10824
    Moderator B7ACKTHORN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    TN/TS Ooty/Telangana
    Posts
    8,198
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Default Re: KTM Duke 390 - Ownership Reviews and Experiences

    Quote Originally Posted by blak bandit 350cc View Post
    works works good when it's working,abs warning throws suddenly middle of riding .
    From what I can speculate, there can be a couple of things causing this. Since, this is happening intermittently, it can be due to faulty, dirty wheel sensor or frayed wheel sensor wires front or rear, which causes it work intermittently. Secondly, a faulty ABS Unit also can mean working of the ABS every now and then. A bent or faulty ABS sensor ring in the wheels too can cause such issues.

    1. Check both the sensor wires for loose connection or if it's frayed or just plain dust accumulation. Clean it and see if it helps.

    2. Check for any fault codes registered and clear them, see if it helps.

    3. Lastly, check the ABS rings in both the wheels and your ABS Modulator itself.

    Hope it helps. Keep your observations posted.

    Cheers!
    VJ
    blak bandit 350cc likes this.
    Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?'
    The girl said, 'NO!'


    And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and watched sport on a big screen TV, went fishing and surfing, and played golf a lot, and drank beer and scotch and had tons of money in the bank and left the toilet seat up and farted whenever he wanted.


    THE END

  5. #10825
    Addicted blak bandit 350cc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    srinagar
    Posts
    157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: KTM Duke 390 - Ownership Reviews and Experiences

    thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by B7ACKTHORN View Post
    From what I can speculate, there can be a couple of things causing this. Since, this is happening intermittently, it can be due to faulty, dirty wheel sensor or frayed wheel sensor wires front or rear, which causes it work intermittently. Secondly, a faulty ABS Unit also can mean working of the ABS every now and then. A bent or faulty ABS sensor ring in the wheels too can cause such issues.

    1. Check both the sensor wires for loose connection or if it's frayed or just plain dust accumulation. Clean it and see if it helps.

    2. Check for any fault codes registered and clear them, see if it helps.

    3. Lastly, check the ABS rings in both the wheels and your ABS Modulator itself.

    Hope it helps. Keep your observations posted.

    Cheers!
    VJ
    thank you brother .I will and post latest update.
    BLAKBANDIT

  6. #10826
    Rusted NitinGirish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Bengaluru
    Posts
    1,206
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: KTM Duke 390 - Ownership Reviews and Experiences

    I've been toying with the idea of getting a mobile holder fixed to my bike. Bought one from Amazon.

    But, having thoughts about adding electrical load to the bike.

    I am told there are two options:-

    1. To connect the charger directly to the battery. Sounds like the safest bet to me as there is no splicing/cutting of wires,etc. But would this drain the battery?
    2. To connect it to brake switch/indicator light so that charger is turned on only when the ignition is on.

    Not sure, if this will cause any issues. Hows the experience been for people who have got this done?

    Or for peace of mind shall I just get the holder fitted without connecting the charger? I could always carry a separate phone and a power bank.
    A lone amateur built the ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic...

  7. #10827
    The D.I.Y Devil deville_56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India
    Posts
    2,068
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: KTM Duke 390 - Ownership Reviews and Experiences

    Quote Originally Posted by NitinGirish View Post
    I've been toying with the idea of getting a mobile holder fixed to my bike. Bought one from Amazon.

    But, having thoughts about adding electrical load to the bike.

    I am told there are two options:-

    1. To connect the charger directly to the battery. Sounds like the safest bet to me as there is no splicing/cutting of wires,etc. But would this drain the battery?
    2. To connect it to brake switch/indicator light so that charger is turned on only when the ignition is on.

    Not sure, if this will cause any issues. Hows the experience been for people who have got this done?

    Or for peace of mind shall I just get the holder fitted without connecting the charger? I could always carry a separate phone and a power bank.
    There is dedicated connector for accessories behind the head light, which has separate fuse and rated for upto 10 Amps.
    #RetiredRider
    #KeyboardWarrior

  8. #10828
    Moderator B7ACKTHORN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    TN/TS Ooty/Telangana
    Posts
    8,198
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Default Re: KTM Duke 390 - Ownership Reviews and Experiences

    Quote Originally Posted by NitinGirish View Post
    I've been toying with the idea of getting a mobile holder fixed to my bike. Bought one from Amazon.
    carry a separate phone and a power bank.
    Just as DeVille said, use the accessories port behind the headlamp unit, and it shall work perfectly. Or if you still like to use it the other way around, connect it directly to battery, considering the charger has an on off switch.

    But ACC port is the cleanest way to do it.

    Cheers!
    VJ
    NitinGirish likes this.
    Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?'
    The girl said, 'NO!'


    And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and watched sport on a big screen TV, went fishing and surfing, and played golf a lot, and drank beer and scotch and had tons of money in the bank and left the toilet seat up and farted whenever he wanted.


    THE END

  9. #10829
    Rookie Themotoexorcist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Kollam
    Posts
    25
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: KTM Duke 390 - Ownership Reviews and Experiences

    Quote Originally Posted by deville_56 View Post
    There is dedicated connector for accessories behind the head light, which has separate fuse and rated for upto 10 Amps.
    Thanks for the info bro
    deville_56 likes this.

  10. #10830
    Addicted ksuresh92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    TN32/TN07
    Posts
    92
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: KTM Duke 390 - Ownership Reviews and Experiences

    Actually if you see the smoke when the bike is hot , it is a problem. But i feel 23k kms is too early.


    But if you see the smoke immediately on a cold start that should be fine since you are running a rich mixture until engine warms up.
    Quote Originally Posted by zestbiker View Post
    Hello fellow 390 users.
    My 23400km run 390 has started emitting smoke from the exhaust -evident after closing the throttle after revving it -the bike gave no symptoms-no overheating,no power loss,no jerkiness,no misfires,no lack of smoothness-nothing to tell something is failing-the bike still goes like a bat out of hell and i am in a quandary.
    Should i continue using it till there is perceptive powerloss etc etc or it starts really belching smoke???
    #bpk and Themotoexorcist like this.

Similar Threads

  1. [Ownership Thread]: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences
    By ankit mishra in forum Motorcycle Ownership Experiences
    Replies: 3979
    Last Post: 2 Days Ago, 09:16 PM
  2. Benelli TNT 600i - Owners' Reviews & Experiences
    By deepak82 in forum Motorcycle Ownership Experiences
    Replies: 1870
    Last Post: 10-31-2019, 12:12 AM
  3. [Ownership Thread]: Yamaha Fascino: Owner's Reviews and Experiences
    By Bibhu in forum Motorcycle Ownership Experiences
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: 10-20-2019, 12:09 AM
  4. Benelli TNT 600i - Owners' Reviews & Experiences
    By deepak82 in forum Motorcycle Ownership Experiences
    Replies: 191
    Last Post: 06-11-2015, 09:48 AM
  5. [Ownership Thread]: Benelli TNT 600i - Owners' Reviews & Experiences
    By deepak82 in forum Motorcycle Ownership Experiences
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 05-21-2015, 10:07 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •