Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

WE DESIGN ON

Lenovo ThinkPad
Magazine
Castrol Power 1

Accelerate quick but brake easy.

Our Partners

User Tag List

View Poll Results: How would you rate the overall build and quality of the motorcycle?

Voters
49. This poll is closed
  • Good/Okay

    8 16.33%
  • Bad

    4 8.16%
  • Excellent

    9 18.37%
  • Could Have Been Better

    13 26.53%
  • I am damn happy with my motorcycle

    10 20.41%
  • For the price it's okay

    5 10.20%
Page 422 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 322372412418419420421422423424425426432472522922 ... LastLast
Results 4,211 to 4,220 of 10864
Like Tree6513Likes

Thread: KTM Duke 390 - Ownership Reviews and Experiences

  1. #4211
    A[k]
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Jalandhar/Delhi
    Posts
    142
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: KTM Duke 390 - Owners Reviews and Experiences

    Quote Originally Posted by karthik_k View Post
    Try using Three bond paste. apply thin line of paste to the cap & let it dry for a minute. then tighten it & it should fix it. :-)
    Thanks...will try it..it has been bothering me since morning.

  2. #4212
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    chennai
    Posts
    34
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: KTM Duke 390 - Owners Reviews and Experiences

    Hello guys,
    I have been using speed petrol from day one for my duke 390.But here in chennai very few petrol bunks have high octane petrol.Is it ok to use normal petrol mixed with high octane petrol incase of emergency? Or can I use normal petrol as standard? What will be the difference between high octane petrol and ordinary petrol? Thanks.

  3. #4213
    Addicted junaid12345678's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Trivandrum
    Posts
    109
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: KTM Duke 390 - Owners Reviews and Experiences

    Quote Originally Posted by Saba View Post
    Hello guys,
    I have been using speed petrol from day one for my duke 390.But here in chennai very few petrol bunks have high octane petrol.Is it ok to use normal petrol mixed with high octane petrol incase of emergency? Or can I use normal petrol as standard? What will be the difference between high octane petrol and ordinary petrol? Thanks.
    Almost all of us have been using normal petrol and never had any problems or found any difference between premium and normal fuel. However according to Bajaj/Ktm the bike is supposed to run fine with normal fuel and it did so during the initial testing phase but I do still wonder how its possible for an engine with such a high compression ratio that is similar to the big multi cylinder liter class mahines to run without pinging or detonation. There are ECU's that can avoid this to a great extent by adjusting the ratio according to the quality of the fuel used but such ecu's are frigging expensive and are found only in high end sbk's.
    Its not good to mix fuels of different octane ratings but can be done under emergency and afterwards fill with any one type of fuel and just stick to it.



    Sent from my GT-I9100 using xBhp Connect mobile app
    If you worried about falling off the bike, you'd never get on.

  4. #4214
    Rusted
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Coimbatore
    Posts
    587
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: KTM Duke 390 - Owners Reviews and Experiences

    Quote Originally Posted by Saba View Post
    Hello guys,
    I have been using speed petrol from day one for my duke 390.But here in chennai very few petrol bunks have high octane petrol.Is it ok to use normal petrol mixed with high octane petrol incase of emergency? Or can I use normal petrol as standard? What will be the difference between high octane petrol and ordinary petrol? Thanks.
    Speed does not have a higher octane rating unless you mean Speed 97. Normal Speed and normal petrol have the same octane rating (91), the difference being the additives that come added in Speed. So don't worry, get a reliable bunk and fill it with normal petrol. Although I have found that Speed 97 does increase the performance of bike.

    ----consecutive posts auto-merged-----

    Quote Originally Posted by karthik_k View Post
    Try using Three bond paste. apply thin line of paste to the cap & let it dry for a minute. then tighten it & it should fix it. :-)
    How are you going to remove it when you next want to change the oil?

  5. #4215
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    CHENNAI
    Posts
    49
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: KTM Duke 390 - Owners Reviews and Experiences

    How are you going to remove it when you next want to change the oil?[/QUOTE]

    Just remove the cap as usual. Its a rubber based synth paste. I've used it for 5yrs now. no problems whatsoever. Its a gasket/o-ring sealant.
    blackkitty likes this.

  6. #4216
    Rookie maverim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    bangalore
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: KTM Duke 390 - Owners Reviews and Experiences

    Quote Originally Posted by junaid12345678 View Post
    It sounds like a faulty ignition timing. A couple of xbhpians here had the issue where the engine refuses to start despite of several cranking cycles. A fuel injected motorcyle should come to life without any throttle input and that's certainly what FI is meant for. My bike never had any starting issue, whatever be the temperature outside.
    Thanks for the info Junaid. so the ignition timing can be adjusted/Fine tuned ..?? should i ask for replacement of any part that may be faulty?

    Also , what do you suggest about the sound of air blast that comes from silencer when the started is thumbed?

  7. #4217
    Addicted junaid12345678's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Trivandrum
    Posts
    109
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: KTM Duke 390 - Owners Reviews and Experiences

    Quote Originally Posted by maverim View Post
    Thanks for the info Junaid. so the ignition timing can be adjusted/Fine tuned ..?? should i ask for replacement of any part that may be faulty?

    Also , what do you suggest about the sound of air blast that comes from silencer when the started is thumbed?
    Yes, the timing can be adjusted and it won't require any parts replacement. In case if any part is faulty you can ask for replacement under warranty. Probiking svcs are quite supportive.

    Air blast from exhaust???


    Sent from my GT-I9100 using xBhp Connect mobile app
    If you worried about falling off the bike, you'd never get on.

  8. #4218
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    chennai
    Posts
    34
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: KTM Duke 390 - Owners Reviews and Experiences

    Quote Originally Posted by junaid12345678 View Post
    Almost all of us have been using normal petrol and never had any problems or found any difference between premium and normal fuel. However according to Bajaj/Ktm the bike is supposed to run fine with normal fuel and it did so during the initial testing phase but I do still wonder how its possible for an engine with such a high compression ratio that is similar to the big multi cylinder liter class mahines to run without pinging or detonation. There are ECU's that can avoid this to a great extent by adjusting the ratio according to the quality of the fuel used but such ecu's are frigging expensive and are found only in high end sbk's.
    Its not good to mix fuels of different octane ratings but can be done under emergency and afterwards fill with any one type of fuel and just stick to it.



    Sent from my GT-I9100 using xBhp Connect mobile app
    Thanks a lot.Good to know that I can use normal petrol because I can avoid searching for premium fuel during emergencies. Going to stick to normal petrol from tomorrow.

    ----consecutive posts auto-merged-----

    Quote Originally Posted by AmitRavi07 View Post
    Speed does not have a higher octane rating unless you mean Speed 97. Normal Speed and normal petrol have the same octane rating (91), the difference being the additives that come added in Speed. So don't worry, get a reliable bunk and fill it with normal petrol. Although I have found that Speed 97 does increase the performance of bike.

    ----consecutive posts auto-merged-----



    How are you going to remove it when you next want to change the oil?
    Yes I mean speed 97.I think there is only two or three bunks in chennai which has speed 97.At present I have half tank of speed 97.can I fill it with normal petrol now or should I wait until the bike goes into reserve and then fill it up with normal petrol.My first service is due in another 150 kms.Should I ask the svc to clean the tank during service or can I continue without cleaning? Thanks.

  9. #4219
    Addicted junaid12345678's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Trivandrum
    Posts
    109
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: KTM Duke 390 - Owners Reviews and Experiences

    Quote Originally Posted by Saba View Post
    Thanks a lot.Good to know that I can use normal petrol because I can avoid searching for premium fuel during emergencies. Going to stick to normal petrol from tomorrow.

    ----consecutive posts auto-merged-----



    Yes I mean speed 97.I think there is only two or three bunks in chennai which has speed 97.At present I have half tank of speed 97.can I fill it with normal petrol now or should I wait until the bike goes into reserve and then fill it up with normal petrol.My first service is due in another 150 kms.Should I ask the svc to clean the tank during service or can I continue without cleaning? Thanks.
    Its better to ride till reserve with speed 97 and fill with normal petrol afterwards. But remember, speed 97 yeilds maximum performance from the machine. There is absolutely no need of cleaning as both are clean fuels.



    Sent from my GT-I9100 using xBhp Connect mobile app
    If you worried about falling off the bike, you'd never get on.

  10. #4220
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    chennai
    Posts
    34
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: KTM Duke 390 - Owners Reviews and Experiences

    Quote Originally Posted by junaid12345678 View Post
    Its better to ride till reserve with speed 97 and fill with normal petrol afterwards. But remember, speed 97 yeilds maximum performance from the machine. There is absolutely no need of cleaning as both are clean fuels.



    Sent from my GT-I9100 using xBhp Connect mobile app
    Yes I know that speed 97 extracts maximum performance but the nearest bunk which has speed 97 is almost 15kms from my house.Its difficult to go and fill petrol there everytime.so I want to stick with normal petrol. I travel often and drive 70 to 80kms daily.So finding premium fuel is a headache.thanks for your advice.

Similar Threads

  1. [Ownership Thread]: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences
    By ankit mishra in forum Motorcycle Ownership Experiences
    Replies: 3929
    Last Post: 20 Hours Ago, 05:30 PM
  2. Benelli TNT 600i - Owners' Reviews & Experiences
    By deepak82 in forum Motorcycle Ownership Experiences
    Replies: 1870
    Last Post: 10-31-2019, 12:12 AM
  3. [Ownership Thread]: Yamaha Fascino: Owner's Reviews and Experiences
    By Bibhu in forum Motorcycle Ownership Experiences
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: 10-20-2019, 12:09 AM
  4. Benelli TNT 600i - Owners' Reviews & Experiences
    By deepak82 in forum Motorcycle Ownership Experiences
    Replies: 191
    Last Post: 06-11-2015, 09:48 AM
  5. [Ownership Thread]: Benelli TNT 600i - Owners' Reviews & Experiences
    By deepak82 in forum Motorcycle Ownership Experiences
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 05-21-2015, 10:07 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •