Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Check the helmet from inside.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

    Originally posted by eliksir View Post
    How useful is the slipper clutch for everyday non-track rides?
    This question brings me back to "how useful is a 300cc imported bike for our everyday rides?

    Well practicality apart, these are technical upgradations which shall become a standard feature few years later just like digital screens, alloy wheels etc. I end up locking my rear wheel many times while encountering an unmarked speedbreaker.

    Comment


    • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

      Originally posted by Mayankisme View Post
      This question brings me back to "how useful is a 300cc imported bike for our everyday rides?

      Well practicality apart, these are technical upgradations which shall become a standard feature few years later just like digital screens, alloy wheels etc. I end up locking my rear wheel many times while encountering an unmarked speedbreaker.
      I use my bike daily, I didn't feel the need of slipper clutch. Locking wheel can be avoided by rev matching while make down shifts. R3 low service costs makes it a good every day bike. If you are going for paid service with general service like engine oil change and oil filter change, bill would be around ₹2500/-(using motul 7100).

      Comment


      • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

        Originally posted by Chandan92 View Post
        I use my bike daily, I didn't feel the need of slipper clutch. Locking wheel can be avoided by rev matching while make down shifts. R3 low service costs makes it a good every day bike. If you are going for paid service with general service like engine oil change and oil filter change, bill would be around ₹2500/-(using motul 7100).
        Really? Engine cooling system is good? I suppose its much better than the 390s , wat about the n300? But yes Yamaha are twats for not offering abs n slipper clutch as a option, maybe even a quick shifter , both of these can be sourced. But do change the front brake lines to steel braided ones, makes a hell lot of difference, I'm talking from experience, of owning a non abs CBR 250 , got mine from Thailand, offer very superior bite, and the brake lines are pretty thick .

        Comment


        • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

          Originally posted by Deathwing View Post
          Really? Engine cooling system is good? I suppose its much better than the 390s , wat about the n300? But yes Yamaha are twats for not offering abs n slipper clutch as a ]
          Yes cooling system is too good and after coming from 390s (still 390s are VFM product) i feel more comfortable riding R3 in city, N300 also doesn't heat up its cooling is phenomenal. Stock brake lines are good but yes aftermarket one make it phenomenal.

          Comment


          • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

            Originally posted by Chandan92 View Post
            Yes cooling system is too good and after coming from 390s (still 390s are VFM product) i feel more comfortable riding R3 in city, N300 also doesn't heat up its cooling is phenomenal. Stock brake lines are good but yes aftermarket one make it phenomenal.
            Probably cause of the twin pot, I would have got the r3 if it released in 2014, but my options were the d200 n the CBR 250, went for Honda because the engines are bulletproof almost, I was really hoping they'd get down the r25 back then, didn't happen. I feel my brake bite is better than the bikes with abs funny enough just because of this brake line heh.

            Comment


            • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

              Originally posted by eliksir View Post
              How useful is the slipper clutch for everyday non-track rides?
              Can live without it. But it helps when you really dont have to carefully match revs with gear. It helps you to get used to dynamics of bigger bikes and helps you to enjoy the ride bit more. New riders may find the feature even more useful. Its not a must have like ABS. But KTM is offering at a competitive price. So why not?

              Another part of story is slipper cluth is a tech assist and without it you probably would learn to enjoy biking in its true spirit. With minimum interference between man and machine. But its debetable.
              Ride swift, ride safe...
              -SiD

              Comment


              • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

                Hello Everyone!

                Just wanted to know where exactly the VIN number is located on the R3? I want to be sure that I am taking delivery of a 2017 manufactured model. I have understood that the 10th character of the VIN number indicates that.

                Question specifically for Delhi NCR owners:

                Which is the best service center for the R3 in Delhi? This would be in terms of service quality, promptness in response and availability of spares.
                Regards,

                Adhip Varma

                Blog: https://theroamingdelhite.com/

                YouTube Channel: The Roaming Delhite

                Instagram: @theroamingdelhite

                Bajaj Pulsar 150 (2007-2014) - 42,000 kms

                Bajaj Pulsar 200 NS (2014 - 2017) - 50,000 kms

                Mahindra Mojo (2017 - Present) - 45,000 kms and counting

                Comment


                • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

                  R3OG: R3 Owners Group Bangalore ride to DD Hills 18 Feb 2017
                  Hero Honda Splendor (June 2001- Present)
                  Yamaha YZF R3 (Jan 2016 - Present)
                  TVS Scooty Zest 110 (Oct 2017 - Apr 2018)
                  TVS Ntorq 125 (May 2018 - Apr 2019)
                  KTM Duke 125 (Apr 2019 - Dec 2019)

                  Comment


                  • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

                    Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                    Just wanted to know where exactly the VIN number is located on the R3? .
                    You can find VIN number by taking of rear seat.

                    Comment


                    • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

                      Friends! This bike's performance and feel just blew me away but one thing i did notice is the braking. I felt the bike wobbling little while braking. Should i get the tyres changed?. Other than that i'm loving it. Somebody can help me in this. Thanks in advance.
                      Last edited by Chennai Karthick; 02-27-2017, 02:04 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

                        Originally posted by Chennai Karthick View Post
                        Friends! This bike's performance and feel just blew me away but one thing i did notice is the braking. I felt the bike wobbling little while braking. Should i get the tyres changed?. Other than that i'm loving it. Somebody can help me in this. Thanks in advance.
                        Yes, I also have the same issue under hard braking. I had been thinking of changing to Michelin Pilot Street, but would like to know if it will make a difference.

                        Comment


                        • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

                          Originally posted by Chennai Karthick View Post
                          Friends! This bike's performance and feel just blew me away but one thing i did notice is the braking. I felt the bike wobbling little while braking. Should i get the tyres changed?. Other than that i'm loving it. Somebody can help me in this. Thanks in advance.
                          Change the brake lines buddy, makes a huge difference, especially the front to fat steel braided ones.

                          Comment


                          • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

                            Originally posted by Deathwing View Post
                            Change the brake lines buddy, makes a huge difference, especially the front to fat steel braided ones.
                            He mentioned about wobbling, i think that could be due to the tyres in most cases.


                            <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< START WIDE AND FINISH TIGHT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

                            TVS Apache RR 310 : 2018
                            Hero Honda HUNK : 2011-2018

                            Comment


                            • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

                              Originally posted by dineshaugustin View Post
                              He mentioned about wobbling, i think that could be due to the tyres in most cases.
                              I see , is it jerky while braking? Tyre wobble also maybe due to misalignment , Yamaha should stop with this cost cutting and provide Michelin or pirelli tyres , but I know many complain about the mrf tyres they are budget tyres at 5000rs for a set and best vfm in my opinion but doesn't justify the r3's price tag and what they offer tbh. Have you checked the master cylinder too?
                              Last edited by Deathwing; 02-28-2017, 10:26 AM.

                              Comment


                              • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

                                Originally posted by Deathwing View Post
                                I see , is it jerky while braking? Tyre wobble also maybe due to mis.
                                Stock tyres on R3 are shit. Doesn't do justice with the bike's potential. Suggest every owner to change it as early as possible. Things gets worst on wet surfaces.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X