Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like minded biker friends. Join the #16YearsOfxBhpCelebrations click here.

WE DESIGN ON

Lenovo ThinkPad
Magazine
Castrol Power 1

All the gear all the time (ATGATT).

Our Partners

User Tag List

Page 456 of 471 FirstFirst ... 356406446452453454455456457458459460466 ... LastLast
Results 4,551 to 4,560 of 4703
Like Tree1897Likes

Thread: Suzuki Gixxer SF : Ownership thread

  1. #4551
    Addicted kuulbhaskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Kolkata
    Posts
    102
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Suzuki Gixxer SF : Ownership thread

    Has anyone of you cleaned the throttle body and fuel injectors of the FI variant sf ?

  2. #4552
    Rusted kiran2508's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Bengaluru
    Posts
    420
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Suzuki Gixxer SF : Ownership thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kuulbhaskar View Post
    Has anyone of you cleaned the throttle body and fuel injectors of the FI variant sf ?
    For what reason do you want to do it and the exact problem? Injector, throttle body cleaning and de carbonizing for is not needed until 25,000+ kms on normal running conditions.

    If you are facing issue like shutting off during throttle closing, jerky on-off odd acceleration or harsh running engine etc etc. Then only it is recommended at early kms, not done at usual service intervals.

    Full system overhaul cleaning the Injectors is little bit difficult, you need to remove the injector and use a injector cleaner agent and a bleeding machine, do a reverse flow of the cleaning agent through the injectors (from opposite end through the small spray hole to other side where fuel would flow in).
    Throttle body cleaning is straight forward using few drops of throttle body cleaner or normal petrol would also do to clean any basic carbon accumulation.

    For basic cleaning purpose you can just use 50-100ml of Injector cleaning additive with regular fuel once every 5000kms-10000kms or so
    Last edited by kiran2508; 01-10-2019 at 11:46 AM.
    kuulbhaskar likes this.
    Bajaj SuperFE 150 - Forever in my heart
    Bajaj Discover 135 DTSi Sports - 2009 to Current
    KTM RC390 - 2015 to Curr​ent
    TVS Jupiter - 2016 to Current

  3. #4553
    Addicted kuulbhaskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Kolkata
    Posts
    102
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Suzuki Gixxer SF : Ownership thread

    Thanks for this info, didnt knew this in depth. Can you suggest any injector cleaner additives that can be used ?
    Quote Originally Posted by kiran2508 View Post
    For what reason do you want to do it and the exact problem? Injector, throttle body cleaning and de carbonizing for is not needed until 25,000+ kms on normal running conditions.

    If you are facing issue like shutting off during throttle closing, jerky on-off odd acceleration or harsh running engine etc etc. Then only it is recommended at early kms, not done at usual service intervals.

    Full system overhaul cleaning the Injectors is little bit difficult, you need to remove the injector and use a injector cleaner agent and a bleeding machine, do a reverse flow of the cleaning agent through the injectors (from opposite end through the small spray hole to other side where fuel would flow in).
    Throttle body cleaning is straight forward using few drops of throttle body cleaner or normal petrol would also do to clean any basic carbon accumulation.

    For basic cleaning purpose you can just use 50-100ml of Injector cleaning additive with regular fuel once every 5000kms-10000kms or so

  4. #4554
    Addicted Purnakalik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Bombay
    Posts
    51
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Suzuki Gixxer SF : Ownership thread

    Guys I've noticed a crack in my rear tyre. It's been a month yesterday since I got the bike. Photo attached.
    It might not be very clear due to compression but I'll try and get a picture tomorrow morning. Is there something I can do about it? Or would this be a problem?Name:  IMG_20190111_180600.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  36.5 KB

  5. #4555
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Bhubameswae
    Posts
    99
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Suzuki Gixxer SF : Ownership thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Purnakalik View Post
    Guys I've noticed a crack in my rear tyre. It's been a month yesterday since I got the bike. Photo attached.
    It might not be very clear due to compression but I'll try and get a picture tomorrow morning. Is there something I can do about it? Or would this be a problem?Name:  IMG_20190111_180600.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  36.5 KB
    Take it to mrf head office of your region. They will replace it after assessing the damage if required.

  6. #4556
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    77
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Suzuki Gixxer SF : Ownership thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MotoBlizzard View Post
    Long awaited video. Get to work Gentlemen.

    How did you remove the fender and still install the indicators? Also, will it be a problem for the pillion rider if the mudgaurd is removed?

  7. #4557
    ER Doctor MotoBlizzard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    1,106
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Suzuki Gixxer SF : Ownership thread

    Quote Originally Posted by tremonade View Post
    How did you remove the fender and still install the indicators? Also, will it be a problem for the pillion rider if the mudgaurd is removed?
    Custom Plate holder

    Yes it will be a problem not only for the pillion but for the rider as well if you ride too fast over wet/muddy surfaces.
    For My Gixxer Related videos: Click HERE

    Join My Facebook Suzuki Gixxer Group
    : Click Here

    [My Motorcycles]
    2013 - 2016: Honda Activa
    2016 - Current:
    Suzuki GSX150F

  8. #4558
    Moderator B7ACKTHORN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    TN/TS Ooty/Telangana
    Posts
    7,946
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Post Re: Suzuki Gixxer SF : Ownership thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Purnakalik View Post
    Guys I've noticed a crack in my rear tyre. It's been a month yesterday since I got the bike. Photo attached.
    It might not be very clear due to compression but I'll try and get a picture tomorrow morning. Is there something I can do about it? Or would this be a problem?
    First off, take it to your SVC, they will advice on the next course of action. Usually new tires that are faulty are replaced for a meagre amount, which has to be paid by us to either the showroom or MRF dealer and they'll replace the tire. The reason they charge a few bucks depends on the wear of the tire, the more the wear, they more we have to pay. Some get lucky and get them replaced for free, but for some they are chargeable. Eitherway, you can get them replaced under warranty.

    Cheers!
    VJ
    Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?'
    The girl said, 'NO!'


    And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and watched sport on a big screen TV, went fishing and surfing, and played golf a lot, and drank beer and scotch and had tons of money in the bank and left the toilet seat up and farted whenever he wanted.


    THE END

  9. #4559
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    31
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Suzuki Gixxer SF : Ownership thread

    Has anyone changed the switchgears? Can it be replaced under warranty?

  10. #4560
    Moderator B7ACKTHORN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    TN/TS Ooty/Telangana
    Posts
    7,946
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Post Re: Suzuki Gixxer SF : Ownership thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ananth9481 View Post
    Has anyone changed the switchgears? Can it be replaced under warranty?
    If you're under warranty, the entire motorcycle can be replaced for the most part, given the severity. If you're under warranty, yes they will replace a faulty component.

    Cheers!
    VJ
    Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?'
    The girl said, 'NO!'


    And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and watched sport on a big screen TV, went fishing and surfing, and played golf a lot, and drank beer and scotch and had tons of money in the bank and left the toilet seat up and farted whenever he wanted.


    THE END

Similar Threads

  1. [Ownership Thread]: Suzuki Access125 / Swish125 ownership thread
    By MR ACE in forum Motorcycle Ownership Experiences
    Replies: 458
    Last Post: 2 Weeks Ago, 01:54 AM
  2. Fz1 Ownership Thread
    By niks_devil666 in forum Superbike And Imports
    Replies: 683
    Last Post: 07-02-2018, 09:21 PM
  3. [Ownership Thread]: TVS Phoenix 125 Ownership Thread
    By adnansanni in forum Motorcycle Ownership Experiences
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-10-2017, 08:51 AM
  4. Replies: 112
    Last Post: 09-09-2014, 02:07 PM
  5. Comet GT250 OwnerShip Thread.
    By prabhubravo in forum Superbike And Imports
    Replies: 240
    Last Post: 11-29-2013, 04:54 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •