Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

#xBhpAxorHelmet #2

Axor
Castrol Power 1

The slower the vehicle, the quicker it can turn.

Our Partners

User Tag List

Page 473 of 474 FirstFirst ... 373423463469470471472473474 LastLast
Results 4,721 to 4,730 of 4739
Like Tree1918Likes

Thread: Suzuki Gixxer SF : Ownership thread

  1. #4721
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    37
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Suzuki Gixxer SF : Ownership thread

    Has anyone installed handlebar risers on their sf? I need help in installing them.

  2. #4722
    Addicted alphamike_1612's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    56
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Suzuki Gixxer SF : Ownership thread

    I'm really sorry for the late response.
    Lockdown blues.
    In the image the left side is more worn than tbe right side of the tire. Also the contact patch is a bit wider than stock in my opinion.

    I got the tire for ₹3750. That includes a discount (which I forgot) and a rebate for the old tire.
    But they are solid tires and I would 100% recommend them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Navk View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion bro. Waiting for the photos! Also how much does it cost bro?
    Name:  IMG_20200513_131816.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  19.1 KB
    joelgreen and Navk like this.

  3. #4723
    Rusted joelgreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    344
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Suzuki Gixxer SF : Ownership thread

    Quote Originally Posted by alphamike_1612 View Post
    I got the tire for ₹3750. That includes a discount (which I forgot) and a rebate for the old tire.
    But they are solid tires and I would 100% recommend them.
    Please disclose the cost of the Actizip F5 100/80 you have at the front as well.

  4. #4724
    Addicted alphamike_1612's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    56
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Suzuki Gixxer SF : Ownership thread

    Sorry for the late reply.
    They costed ₹1500.
    (Including exchange for the old tyre and fitting costs)
    Quote Originally Posted by joelgreen View Post
    Please disclose the cost of the Actizip F5 100/80 you have at the front as well.
    joelgreen and Navk like this.

  5. #4725
    Rusted joelgreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    344
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Suzuki Gixxer SF : Ownership thread

    Quote Originally Posted by alphamike_1612 View Post
    Sorry for the late reply.
    They costed ₹1500.
    (Including exchange for the old tyre and fitting costs)
    That's really decent! I'm pretty inclined to switch to the Apollos now.
    My Gixxer's kinda due for a tyre change but since I'm not riding the bike nowadays, I have time until I start working from office again.
    I'm considering Timsun tyres (I have these on my Duke and they've been performing really well), but a pair of those will cost me nearly 8k.
    For ~5.5k, I'm pretty sure a pair of Apollos should do the job just fine.
    Still an upgrade from the stock MRF at the rear at the very least.
    Navk and alphamike_1612 like this.

  6. #4726
    Addicted Navk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    vandalur, Chennai
    Posts
    164
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Suzuki Gixxer SF : Ownership thread

    Hi guys. I'm having gixxer sf Bs3 and I have done 23k kms . Regularly serviced in suzuki service centre and using suzuki engine oils. I recently changed engine oil for my gixxer sf. I tried shell ax7 10w40 semi synthetic engine oil and changed it with a local mechanic. He drained the old oil and poured the full 1 litre. When asked about pouring the recommended quantity of 850ml of engine oil , he said nothing to worry about pouring 1 litre (That too without changing engine oil filter). After changing the engine oil, the engine became much smoother than before, but I have some queries regarding it.
    1.it is safe to pour the full 1 litre of engine oil (without engine oil filter change) ?

    2. I'm noticing a drop in mileage. Earlier I was getting around 40 kmpl. But I'm getting only around 37 kmpl. What might be the reason for low mileage figures? Is it because of the engine oil quantity (1litre) ?
    SriKi.GSpian likes this.

  7. #4727
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Suzuki Gixxer SF : Ownership thread

    Hi guys, I am looking to replace my gixxer sf 250 visor. Any suggestions for where to get a good one. I live in Bangalore so any local store suggestions or online is okay.

    Thanks.

  8. #4728
    Addicted SriKi.GSpian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
    Posts
    246
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Suzuki Gixxer SF : Ownership thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Navk View Post
    Hi guys. I'm having gixxer sf Bs3 and I have done 23k kms . Regularly serviced in suzuki service centre and using suzuki engine oils. I recently changed engine oil for my gixxer sf. I tried shell ax7 10w40 semi synthetic engine oil and changed it with a local mechanic. He drained the old oil and poured the full 1 litre. When asked about pouring the recommended quantity of 850ml of engine oil , he said nothing to worry about pouring 1 litre (That too without changing engine oil filter). After changing the engine oil, the engine became much smoother than before, but I have some queries regarding it.
    1.it is safe to pour the full 1 litre of engine oil (without engine oil filter change) ?

    2. I'm noticing a drop in mileage. Earlier I was getting around 40 kmpl. But I'm getting only around 37 kmpl. What might be the reason for low mileage figures? Is it because of the engine oil quantity (1litre) ?
    Hi,

    Shell Ax7 is a very good engine oil, makes the engine butter smooth and gear shifts softer . Pouring in 1 litre will not be a problem as per me. But, I feel that its always better to change the oil along with the filter. With regards to the mileage drop, I am sure its not because of the engine oil quantity and it may be due to other factors like air pressure, etc.
    Navk likes this.

  9. #4729
    Addicted SriKi.GSpian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
    Posts
    246
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Suzuki Gixxer SF : Ownership thread

    Hi,

    I own a Gixxer SF FI ABS BS4. Mine has AHO feature, Today, I faced a headlight bulb issue. Once the ignition is turned on, headlight is not turning on if its in low beam but it turns on if I switch to high beam. Should I be changing the headlight bulb? If yes, please suggest some good headlight bulbs along with fog lamps. Will change both together.
    I don't know what the issue is, has anyone faced the same issue?

    Another thing is with regards to the pillion seat height, can it be adjusted without making major mods?

  10. #4730
    Rusted
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    913
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Suzuki Gixxer SF : Ownership thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SriKi.GSpian View Post
    I don't know what the issue is, has anyone faced the same issue?
    Krishna, I had the same issue in my GS150R. The headlamp will glow very very dim in low and will work properly only in high beam. It happened after I took a pothole at speed. Went away after replacing the bulb. I can't say what helped - the new bulb or the act of removing/connecting the wires.
    SriKi.GSpian likes this.


Similar Threads

  1. [Ownership Thread]: Suzuki Access125 / Swish125 ownership thread
    By MR ACE in forum Motorcycle Ownership Experiences
    Replies: 460
    Last Post: 12-24-2019, 12:21 AM
  2. Fz1 Ownership Thread
    By niks_devil666 in forum Superbike And Imports
    Replies: 683
    Last Post: 07-02-2018, 09:21 PM
  3. [Ownership Thread]: TVS Phoenix 125 Ownership Thread
    By adnansanni in forum Motorcycle Ownership Experiences
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-10-2017, 08:51 AM
  4. Replies: 112
    Last Post: 09-09-2014, 02:07 PM
  5. Comet GT250 OwnerShip Thread.
    By prabhubravo in forum Superbike And Imports
    Replies: 240
    Last Post: 11-29-2013, 04:54 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •