Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like minded biker friends. Join the #16YearsOfxBhpCelebrations click here.

WE DESIGN ON

Lenovo ThinkPad
Magazine
Castrol Power 1

Clean visor equals clear vision.

Our Partners

User Tag List

Page 3 of 762 FirstFirst 12345671353103503 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 7615
Like Tree3122Likes

Thread: Honda CB Hornet 160R Owners Experiences

  1. #21
    Rusted Motomonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    283
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default re: Honda CB Hornet 160R Owners Experiences

    Quote Originally Posted by Harideep View Post
    Any updates?
    As of now bike is running fine and has done 290 kms.average is about 50 kmpl .I filled 7 litres of fuel and it came in reserve at 260 kms, subtracting reserve of 1.7 litres it 260 km in 5.3 litres.bike is not as responsive at low rpms keeping power figures in view.

  2. #22
    Rusted Nithesh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Mangalore, Karnataka
    Posts
    1,291
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default re: Honda CB Hornet 160R Owners Experiences

    What did they say about the rusting? was it actual rust? surface rust? Did they do something about it?
    Got a $5 head? Get a $5 helmet.

  3. #23
    Rusted Motomonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    283
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default re: Honda CB Hornet 160R Owners Experiences

    Quote Originally Posted by Nithesh View Post
    What did they say about the rusting? was it actual rust? surface rust? Did they do something about it?
    I did not approach Honda till now will do during first service.it is most probably surface rust and not visible clearly but just as a narrow rust coloured line along sides of weld which I think is common because I also saw a brand new gixxer in showroom with similar marks 2 months ago. Will try to post clear photos of marks after sometime because I don't have a camera.

  4. #24
    Addicted rapperswil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    138
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default re: Honda CB Hornet 160R Owners Experiences

    Quote Originally Posted by Motomonster View Post
    bike is not as responsive at low rpms keeping power figures in view.
    Hello all
    1. Do we have just 4 owners of the Hornet?
    2. How many echo the above observation about the bike not being responsive?
    3. I test rode the Unicorn 160 sometime ago and was impressed with the CBS brakes - depressing the rear brake would cause pulsating signals on the front brake lever.
    I test rode the Hornet with CBS and did not experience this. Any inputs?
    4. The downsides of Gixxer are the lack of service centres. Plus it felt like a toy.

    I am finding it hard to choose between the two.
    mit freundlichen Gren

  5. #25
    Rusted kany1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    499
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default re: Honda CB Hornet 160R Owners Experiences

    Congrats for ur bike ride safe bro
    Can u please give me specification of tyres name size

  6. #26
    Rusted Motomonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    283
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default re: Honda CB Hornet 160R Owners Experiences

    Quote Originally Posted by rapperswil View Post
    Hello all
    1. Do we have just 4 owners of the Hornet?
    2. How many echo the above observation about the bike not being responsive?
    3. I test rode the Unicorn 160 sometime ago and was impressed with the CBS brakes - depressing the rear brake would cause pulsating signals on the front brake lever.
    I test rode the Hornet with CBS and did not experience this. Any inputs?
    4. The downsides of Gixxer are the lack of service centres. Plus it felt like a toy.

    I am finding it hard to choose between the two.
    1.I don't know any owner except myself.
    2.bike is responsive but the urgent feeling of gixxer is not there.it might be due to run-in period and in many reviews it is observed that it has a very strong mid and top range.till now I haven't crossed 4.5krpm and mostly I rode with a pillion and me being heavy at quintal that's why I felt so.
    3.no idea bro I bought the standard version.it may be due to rear disk brakes on hornet which are absent on unicorn.
    4.every product has downside s and according to me gixxer's downside are 1.ground clearance is very bad and it bottom's out at most of unscientific speed breakers present in our country. 2.it looks good but still it is very small in size and was dwarfed by me which was not the case with hornet.
    There are downsides of hornet too like 1.pricier than gixxer by 3k for standard version.
    2. Ultra cheap switchgear.
    You decide which bike suits you most you won't go wrong with these bikes.if you want exclusivity then buy hornet and it is a serious headturner with a lot of people enquiring and praising the bike.

  7. #27
    Addicted Harideep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Mysore
    Posts
    240
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default re: Honda CB Hornet 160R Owners Experiences

    Can you post photos of you riding pls. I'm same height I need to know how it looks

  8. #28
    Addicted rapperswil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    138
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default re: Honda CB Hornet 160R Owners Experiences

    Quote Originally Posted by Motomonster View Post
    There are downsides of hornet too like 1.pricier than gixxer by 3k for standard version.
    2. Ultra cheap switchgear.
    You decide which bike suits you most you won't go wrong with these bikes.if you want exclusivity then buy hornet and it is a serious headturner with a lot of people enquiring and praising the bike.
    Thanks for the answer. How do you find the drum brakes, when the bike is stopped by rear brakes alone?

    + Honda has produced a couple of limited edition models to guarantee exclusivity : Dazzler, Trigger, Twister, Stunner. Any name that ends with -er seems to be a curse, apparently. I hope Hornet doesn't join this club, its name not withstanding.

    + I found the Gixxer downright ordinary. Gixxer SF looks good.

    + I am not sure if I should wait for established auto channels such as AutoCar to review the Hornet vis-a-vis the Gixxer. Faisal Khan from Motorbeam felt Hornet to be better than Gixxer as did Dino. ZigWheels doesn't think so.

    Here's Zigwheel's vid : .
    Faisal's vid :
    And Dino's vid :

    But all such reviews are going to focus on handling, speed and pickup. Nothing more.

    + My peeves with the Hornet
    ++ Lamps that run off the magneto.
    ++ Cheap switches. Why does Honda absolutely have to ruin an otherwise good looking bike?

    + I agree that the Hornet looks the bigger (and more expensive) bike when one is astride.

    I think I will end up buying the Blue Hornet as that is what I think I like better.
    Best
    Last edited by rapperswil; 01-06-2016 at 10:32 PM.
    mit freundlichen Gren

  9. #29
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Manipal
    Posts
    85
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default re: Honda CB Hornet 160R Owners Experiences

    Congratulations Motomonster on your bike. Looking forward to buy Hornet myself when it arrives with dealers in my locality.

  10. #30
    Rusted Nithesh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Mangalore, Karnataka
    Posts
    1,291
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default re: Honda CB Hornet 160R Owners Experiences

    Quote Originally Posted by Motomonster View Post
    I did not approach Honda till now will do during first service.it is most probably surface rust and not visible clearly but just as a narrow rust coloured line along sides of weld which I think is common because I also saw a brand new gixxer in showroom with similar marks 2 months ago. Will try to post clear photos of marks after sometime because I don't have a camera.
    Given that it is a brand new motorcycle, I would still suggest taking it to the dealership at the very earliest instead of waiting for the first service. Otherwise they will blame you after a certain period of time citing negligence. Manufacturers are always looking to lessen their burden when it comes to replacements.

    ----consecutive posts auto-merged-----

    Quote Originally Posted by rapperswil View Post
    ++ Cheap switches. Why does Honda absolutely have to ruin an otherwise good looking bike?
    Have you seen the $180k RC213V-S's switchgear?
    Got a $5 head? Get a $5 helmet.

Similar Threads

  1. [Ownership Thread]: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences
    By ankit mishra in forum Motorcycle Ownership Experiences
    Replies: 3844
    Last Post: 19 Hours Ago, 12:35 PM
  2. Apache RTR 200 or Honda CB Hornet 160r
    By kumars in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04-28-2017, 05:01 PM
  3. Honda CB Hornet 160R First Impressions
    By sunilg in forum Bike Reviews
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 08-17-2016, 02:27 PM
  4. Replies: 69
    Last Post: 02-11-2016, 03:44 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-21-2015, 06:52 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •