Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like minded biker friends. We have one common religion - Bikeism.

T-shirt
Magazine
Castrol Power 1

Squeeze that brake, don’t grat a handful.

Our Partners



User Tag List

Page 529 of 534 FirstFirst ... 29429479519525526527528529530531532533 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,290 of 5339
Like Tree1828Likes

Thread: Honda CB Hornet 160R Owners Experiences

  1. #5281
    Rusted ashwanth.r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    556
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Honda CB Hornet 160R Owners Experiences

    Quote Originally Posted by #bpk View Post
    The previous generation pulsar will not be phased out, recently bajaj has launched 150,180 and 220 with minor upgrades. Bajaj has divided its motorcycle range in 2 segments. One for enthusiasts eg: ns , rs dominar etc and regular 150,180 and 220 for average performance seeking customers and mark my word they'll even continue the same trend in upcoming years
    Not the brand itself, I meant the old family of engines (the ones with scissor gear, rotor filter and a starter clutch that's not properly lubed) will be phased out.

  2. #5282
    Addicted #bpk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Tezpur , Assam
    Posts
    104
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Honda CB Hornet 160R Owners Experiences

    Quote Originally Posted by ashwanth.r View Post
    Not the brand itself, I meant the old family of engines (the ones with scissor gear, rotor filter and a starter clutch that's not properly lubed) will be phased out.
    May be lets see what bajaj decided and Bajaj's business is Bajaj's business none of our business .(Race 3 inspired)
    ashwanth.r likes this.

  3. #5283
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    hyderabad
    Posts
    55
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Honda CB Hornet 160R Owners Experiences

    Quote Originally Posted by #bpk View Post
    recent honda bikes such as unicorn 160 and hornet have quality issues, better you get it fixed by svc and sell your bike and get yourself fzs fi or any other bikes having compression ratio less than 10, such as fz= 9.5, rtr 200=9.7:1 ,pulsar 150/180/220/avenger etc. Due to high compression ratio and due to insufficient cooling hornets reliability is bad, even cbr 250r having compression ratio of 10.7 with liquid cooling but hornet have 10:01 compression ratio without liquid cooling so buy a lower compression ratio bike
    guys talk something relavent here , selling vehical is hot option here , because hornet is best except few issue,
    i will stick to it because of it looks, milage, highend performacne ,comfort, i will never go for that UGLY old fz, half baked kiddo gixer , please don't talk about shitty bajaj
    Last edited by raaz321; 1 Week Ago at 05:21 PM.
    adityagaur51 and #bpk like this.

  4. #5284
    Addicted #bpk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Tezpur , Assam
    Posts
    104
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Honda CB Hornet 160R Owners Experiences

    Quote Originally Posted by raaz321 View Post
    guys talk something relavent here , selling vehical is hot option here , because hornet is best except few issue,
    i will stick to it because of it looks, milage, highend performacne ,comfort, i will never go for that UGLY old fz, half baked kiddo gixer , please don't talk about shitty bajaj
    Sorry raj bhai . Take your bike to a good svc and also consult other good mechanics . I wish that your bike gets ok soon. I can understand your pain

  5. #5285
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    hyderabad
    Posts
    55
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Honda CB Hornet 160R Owners Experiences

    Quote Originally Posted by #bpk View Post
    Sorry raj bhai . Take your bike to a good svc and also consult other good mechanics . I wish that your bike gets ok soon. I can understand your pain
    Thanks, we buy bikes with much intereset and passion, this bike is my 2 years saving and first bike for me, i am not that much rich to sell and buy new bike. I took it to service center and told them to check compressior they said compression leaking and changed both valves and told me valves are week. covered under warrenty.

    now i feel the torque , bike easily going now pickup is also good , but some kind of gur gur sound is coming and feeling vehical bit heavy , thought may be new parts will take time to settle. mechanic told me they are getting more complaints with valves these days , lost trust in honda
    Last edited by raaz321; 1 Week Ago at 01:49 PM.

  6. #5286
    Addicted #bpk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Tezpur , Assam
    Posts
    104
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Honda CB Hornet 160R Owners Experiences

    Quote Originally Posted by raaz321 View Post
    Thanks, we buy bikes with much intereset and passion, this bike is my 2 years saving and first bike for me, i am not that much rich to sell and buy new bike. I took it to service center and told them to check compressior they said compression leaking and changed both valves and told me valves are week. covered under warrenty.

    now i feel the torque , bike easily going now pickup is also good , but some kind of gur gur sound is coming and feeling vehical bit heavy , thought may be new parts will take time to settle. mechanic told me they are getting more complaints with valves these days , lost trust in honda
    Iam happy that your problems got resolved. Did you ask the cause of the problem to the head technician.

  7. #5287
    Addicted #bpk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Tezpur , Assam
    Posts
    104
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Honda CB Hornet 160R Owners Experiences

    Quote Originally Posted by raaz321 View Post
    Thanks, we buy bikes with much intereset and passion, this bike is my 2 years saving and first bike for me, i am not that much rich to sell and buy new bike. I took it to service center and told them to check compressior they said compression leaking and changed both valves and told me valves are week. covered under warrenty.

    now i feel the torque , bike easily going now pickup is also good , but some kind of gur gur sound is coming and feeling vehical bit heavy , thought may be new parts will take time to settle. mechanic told me they are getting more complaints with valves these days , lost trust in honda
    please ask the svc about the cause of this problem
    Last edited by #bpk; 1 Week Ago at 03:55 PM.

  8. #5288
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    hyderabad
    Posts
    55
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Honda CB Hornet 160R Owners Experiences

    Quote Originally Posted by #bpk View Post
    please ask the svc about the cause of this problem
    I asked for the cause he said carbon formed on the valves and they looking weak, he said bad petrol is the cause,
    but i insisted because till date i went to same petrol bunk only and that bunk has good reputation
    then he showed me one unicorn engine with carbon formed on valves that just done 2k and told me the truth that now a days more honda bikes getting valves problems
    #bpk likes this.

  9. #5289
    Addicted #bpk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Tezpur , Assam
    Posts
    104
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Honda CB Hornet 160R Owners Experiences

    Quote Originally Posted by baymax View Post
    I think that's an issue with almost all hornets.
    Even mine behaves the same as you have described.
    Engine sounds like its damaged and yes, the rpm falls slowly when we let off the throttle.
    Mine is 600 kms.
    I am thinking of test riding some other hornets just to make sure, and for that I have to go to the showroom again as no one I know own one.
    I too have the same problem. When engine is cold it's very smooth but after heating the engine becomes rough and doesn't wants to rev freely also rpm falls very slowly after releasing the throttle have you found any solution for it. ODO reading 604km

  10. #5290
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    hyderabad
    Posts
    55
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Honda CB Hornet 160R Owners Experiences

    Quote Originally Posted by #bpk View Post
    I too have the same problem. When engine is cold it's very smooth but after heating the engine becomes rough and doesn't wants to rev freely also rpm falls very slowly after releasing the throttle have you found any solution for it. ODO reading 604km
    Yes i too have this before ,when engine is cold it's good but when engine heated like 30 min continuous drive same problem,now after valves change i think that issue resolved but it's just one day after valves changed i will let you know if this fixed the issue or not after a week testing like that .

Similar Threads

  1. [Ownership Thread]: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences
    By ankit mishra in forum Motorcycle Ownership Experiences
    Replies: 3324
    Last Post: 5 Days Ago, 03:05 PM
  2. Apache RTR 200 or Honda CB Hornet 160r
    By kumars in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04-28-2017, 05:01 PM
  3. Honda CB Hornet 160R First Impressions
    By sunilg in forum Bike Reviews
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 08-17-2016, 02:27 PM
  4. Replies: 69
    Last Post: 02-11-2016, 03:44 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-21-2015, 06:52 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •