Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like minded biker friends. Join the #16YearsOfxBhpCelebrations click here.

WE DESIGN ON

Lenovo ThinkPad
Magazine
Castrol Power 1

Stop braking before you start turning.

Our Partners

User Tag List

Page 101 of 166 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1653
Like Tree1342Likes

Thread: Royal Enfield Himalayan

  1. #1001
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Bengaluru
    Posts
    20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan

    Hi Guys,

    New to XBHP. Proud owner of a RE Himalayan BS IV.

    Has any REH BS IV owners in Bengaluru managed to buy a crash guard?

    Enquired in quite a few places. unable to find one.

    Thanks in advance for your help.

    Kind Regards

  2. #1002
    i22
    i22 is offline
    Dreamer i22's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    The saddle
    Posts
    121
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan

    Quote Originally Posted by Katu_REH View Post
    Hi Guys,

    New to XBHP. Proud owner of a RE Himalayan BS IV.

    Has any REH BS IV owners in Bengaluru managed to buy a crash guard?

    Enquired in quite a few places. unable to find one.

    Thanks in advance for your help.

    Kind Regards
    Checked in and around JC road?

  3. #1003
    Rookie jithukh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    bangalore
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan

    Quote Originally Posted by Mandar_C500 View Post
    Any updates from RE on the Clutch issue?? This seems to be one -off problem as I didn't much issues on BS4 bikes (except Key set).
    Hey, yes I got the clutch plate assembly replaced from a service center in Kerala. Rode almost 1000kms after that and bike seems to be fine.

  4. #1004
    Rookie jithukh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    bangalore
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan

    Quote Originally Posted by i22 View Post
    Checked in and around JC road?
    Fixwell motors in JC road. It's next to Sandhya automobiles.

  5. #1005
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Bengaluru
    Posts
    20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan

    Quote Originally Posted by jithukh View Post
    Fixwell motors in JC road. It's next to Sandhya automobiles.
    Was not available both at Sandhya and Fixwell until last week. Will check again next week.
    Thanks

  6. #1006
    Rookie jithukh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    bangalore
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan

    Quote Originally Posted by Katu_REH View Post
    Was not available both at Sandhya and Fixwell until last week. Will check again next week.
    Thanks
    I see. I got it installed from fixwell on December 22nd.

  7. #1007
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Bengaluru
    Posts
    20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan

    Quote Originally Posted by jithukh View Post
    I see. I got it installed from fixwell on December 22nd.
    That's great. i was told its unavailable.

    Do u mind posting a picture of the Crash Guard please.

    Thanks

  8. #1008
    Moderator B7ACKTHORN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    TN/TS Ooty/Telangana
    Posts
    7,884
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Post Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan

    Quote Originally Posted by Katu_REH View Post
    Hi Guys,

    New to XBHP. Proud owner of a RE Himalayan BS IV.

    Has any REH BS IV owners in Bengaluru managed to buy a crash guard?

    Enquired in quite a few places. unable to find one.

    Thanks in advance for your help.

    Kind Regards
    Congratulations. Do post some pictures of your motorcycle. The Himalayan is one motorcycle where more of the reviews and hands-on experience is never enough. Do keep your observations, jotted down.

    Cheers!
    VJ
    Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?'
    The girl said, 'NO!'


    And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and watched sport on a big screen TV, went fishing and surfing, and played golf a lot, and drank beer and scotch and had tons of money in the bank and left the toilet seat up and farted whenever he wanted.


    THE END

  9. #1009
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Bengaluru
    Posts
    20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan

    Quote Originally Posted by B7ACKTHORN View Post
    Congratulations. Do post some pictures of your motorcycle. The Himalayan is one motorcycle where more of the reviews and hands-on experience is never enough. Do keep your observations, jotted down.

    Cheers!
    VJ

    Pictures coming soon...

    My baby, a Snow White, had almost a baptism by fire and i took her on a ride to Yercaud from Bengaluru when she had only done about 250 kms. Brilliant is what I can say. Had to rush to the first service immediately after the ride.

    First Impressions:
    * After having ridden a RE Classic 350 for 5 years, Man, the Himalayan is an ocean of difference - smooth and highly comfortable. Power delivery is linear and accelerates very well.
    * Almost vibration free, the riding stance is highly comfortable and you'll hardly feel tired even after riding all day. Handles very well on good roads, bad roads and winding ghat sections.
    * Effortless cruising at speeds of 100-110 kmph (~5000 rpm), pretty apt for my riding style, you can push it further if you want to, however top speed should max out at about 125-130 kmph on the stock bike - would be hard to sustain this speed for long though.
    * I use the bike for daily commute in Bengaluru Traffic, the engine heats up quite a bit in bumper to bumper traffic. Riding in shorts might be an issue.
    * Braking could have been better although still does the job. Man, dual channel ABS would have been brilliant. RE should have at least offered this as an option.
    * Clutch is pretty hard and will be strain on your leftie, especially in peak traffic. Gear shift especially from 1 to 2 and 2 to 3 is hard. Definitely has gotten better after the first service. Still not ideal though.
    * The Fuel Guage is hardly useful - maybe a calibration issue, would be very hard to establish the mileage, Though can use the Trip F option to measure.
    * Saree guard is an utter waste of metal. Bike looks cooler without it.
    * AHO may have an impact on batter life and maybe a potential issue.

    Overall, a good decision to buy the Himalayan even though one is not a RE Fan. I'm one though.

    What I miss...? Mostly the thump of the Classic and of course the vibrations (pun intended... )

    Would be riding soon to Valparai. Will share feedback/updates by early Feb'18.
    i22 and JourneyGuy like this.

  10. #1010
    Moderator B7ACKTHORN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    TN/TS Ooty/Telangana
    Posts
    7,884
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Post Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan

    Quote Originally Posted by Katu_REH View Post
    Pictures coming soon...

    My baby, a Snow White, had almost a baptism by fire and i took her on a ride to Yercaud from Bengaluru when she had only done about 250 kms. Brilliant is what I can say. Had to rush to the first service immediately after the ride.

    First Impressions:
    * After having ridden a RE Classic 350 for 5 years, Man, the Himalayan is an ocean of difference - smooth and highly comfortable. Power delivery is linear and accelerates very well.
    * Almost vibration free, the riding stance is highly comfortable and you'll hardly feel tired even after riding all day. Handles very well on good roads, bad roads and winding ghat sections.
    * Effortless cruising at speeds of 100-110 kmph (~5000 rpm), pretty apt for my riding style, you can push it further if you want to, however top speed should max out at about 125-130 kmph on the stock bike - would be hard to sustain this speed for long though.
    * I use the bike for daily commute in Bengaluru Traffic, the engine heats up quite a bit in bumper to bumper traffic. Riding in shorts might be an issue.
    * Braking could have been better although still does the job. Man, dual channel ABS would have been brilliant. RE should have at least offered this as an option.
    * Clutch is pretty hard and will be strain on your leftie, especially in peak traffic. Gear shift especially from 1 to 2 and 2 to 3 is hard. Definitely has gotten better after the first service. Still not ideal though.
    * The Fuel Guage is hardly useful - maybe a calibration issue, would be very hard to establish the mileage, Though can use the Trip F option to measure.
    * Saree guard is an utter waste of metal. Bike looks cooler without it.
    * AHO may have an impact on batter life and maybe a potential issue.

    Overall, a good decision to buy the Himalayan even though one is not a RE Fan. I'm one though.

    What I miss...? Mostly the thump of the Classic and of course the vibrations (pun intended... )

    Would be riding soon to Valparai. Will share feedback/updates by early Feb'18.
    The Himalayan is one motorcycle that has a charm of its own, but the reliability aspect of it is one which many consider to be a potential downfall. Do keep your observations, your insights jotted down, and appreciate the honest feedback.

    Cheers!
    VJ
    Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?'
    The girl said, 'NO!'


    And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and watched sport on a big screen TV, went fishing and surfing, and played golf a lot, and drank beer and scotch and had tons of money in the bank and left the toilet seat up and farted whenever he wanted.


    THE END

Similar Threads

  1. Royal Enfield Himalayan Odyssey 2011
    By sunilg in forum News
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-03-2019, 01:09 PM
  2. Royal Enfield Himalayan Unveiled!
    By Naveen1985 in forum News
    Replies: 184
    Last Post: 03-16-2016, 02:40 PM
  3. Royal Enfield Himalayan Odyssey 2010 registrations Open
    By praveen_sathaye in forum Thumpers,2-Stroke And Exotics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-05-2010, 04:51 PM
  4. 2009 Royal Enfield Himalayan Odyssey
    By groupbhp in forum General Biking Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-26-2009, 01:34 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •