Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like minded biker friends. Join the #16YearsOfxBhpCelebrations click here.

T-shirt
Magazine
Castrol Power 1

Check engine oil level before every ride.

Our Partners

User Tag List

Page 103 of 159 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1590
Like Tree1290Likes

Thread: Royal Enfield Himalayan

  1. #1021
    Rusted
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Guwahati, Bangalore
    Posts
    418
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan

    Quote Originally Posted by jithukh View Post
    Sure. Will post some pics.

    After the clutch plate got replaced bike ran well for almost 1000kms. Again clutch became hard and acceleration is low. I can still live with hard clutch and hard gear shift but lost the smoothness in riding. Imagine 191kg bike denies to move ahead as you accelerate, I somehow want to get rid of this bike. Curse the moment I decided to go for Himalayan.

    Raised a complaint via email 3 days back and no body got back to me so far. I don't know why only my bike does this. Now thinking about moving legally against RE. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. RE should probably change their brand name to Non Reliable Enfield.
    Say that you would be considering going to the consumer courts and if they te do not respond hit them with a legal notice. Is the himalyan that bad?

    ----consecutive posts auto-merged-----

    further has Re even released the accessories package? the panniers and the front jerry cans next to the tank?

  2. #1022
    Rookie jithukh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    bangalore
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan

    Quote Originally Posted by Manan View Post
    Say that you would be considering going to the consumer courts and if they te do not respond hit them with a legal notice. Is the himalyan that bad?

    ----consecutive posts auto-merged-----

    further has Re even released the accessories package? the panniers and the front jerry cans next to the tank?
    The bike is awesome if no issues. But imagine 200kg bike refuses to accelerate. Only the rpm increases but doesn't throttle.

    By the way I got regional sales manager in Bangalore's contact and he asked me to get the bike to their brand service center tomorrow. Will drop the bike there and see what they have got.

    Not sure how feasible it is if I go to consumer court. Really don't have time and money to run behind this. I'm sure this is my first and last RE bike.

  3. #1023
    Rusted
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Guwahati, Bangalore
    Posts
    418
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan

    Quote Originally Posted by jithukh View Post
    The bike is awesome if no issues. But imagine 200kg bike refuses to accelerate. Only the rpm increases but doesn't throttle.

    By the way I got regional sales manager in Bangalore's contact and he asked me to get the bike to their brand service center tomorrow. Will drop the bike there and see what they have got.

    Not sure how feasible it is if I go to consumer court. Really don't have time and money to run behind this. I'm sure this is my first and last RE bike.

    Hmm true, but you have had spent money on this bike right? keep the legal notice / consumer court as a back up, I know some people who are engaged in such and may pitch in. Sigh I was so looking forward for the twins I guess even those would be a massive fail then.

  4. #1024
    Rookie jithukh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    bangalore
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan

    Quote Originally Posted by Manan View Post
    Hmm true, but you have had spent money on this bike right? keep the legal notice / consumer court as a back up, I know some people who are engaged in such and may pitch in. Sigh I was so looking forward for the twins I guess even those would be a massive fail then.
    Spoke to the service manager at RE brand service center, BTM layout and dropped the bike there on Thursday. Same day evening they told service is done. I collected the bike today and service did nothing good. They did clutch cable routing it seems. Felt so funny hearing their response. I doubt they even checked the service history. I got very angry and yelled at them on the road. Only the store manager talk. The person seems to be expert in REH was not even coming out.

    Finally they said since an upgraded clutch plate is installed, it takes time to get ride better. I have no idea how it run well for first 1000 kms. Anyway now I left with no choice and no one is bothered about this.

    Not sure how much it helps if I move legally. Also thinking about approaching any local experts. Any suggestions would be very helpful. Thanks..

  5. #1025
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Tamilnadu
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan

    Did a test ride today. Highly impressed with the bike. Literally no vibrations compared with Classic 350. Thought would be perfect for my touring purpose. But after reading the forum I'm skeptical of booking it. Doesn't the 2018 version is problem free? Pls advice guys ... Or should I wait more?

  6. #1026
    Rusted PrinceCruise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Pune
    Posts
    352
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan

    Quote Originally Posted by deepakvinu View Post
    Did a test ride today. Highly impressed with the bike. Literally no vibrations compared with Classic 350. Thought would be perfect for my touring purpose. But after reading the forum I'm skeptical of booking it. Doesn't the 2018 version is problem free? Pls advice guys ... Or should I wait more?
    From a touring perspective, this bike should be in the bottom of your preference, not the top.
    Wait some more.

    Regards.

  7. #1027
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Chandigarh
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan

    Quote Originally Posted by MeanGreeNinjaGuy View Post
    https://roadthrillcommunity.com/blog...alayan-review/

    http://socialmaharaj.com/2018/01/08/...himalayan-bs4/

    BS4 REH getting decent reviews. I would say that RE has finally gotten control on quality to make sure that the Himalayan is niggle-free, for most of the part of one’s ownership.

    after going through the links and the experience of Himalayan riders, I'm inclining towards buying a Himalayan.


  8. #1028
    Rusted
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Guwahati, Bangalore
    Posts
    418
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan

    Quote Originally Posted by jithukh View Post
    Spoke to the service manager at RE brand service center, BTM layout and dropped the bike there on Thursday. Same day evening they told service is done. I collected the bike today and service did nothing good. They did clutch cable routing it seems. Felt so funny hearing their response. I doubt they even checked the service history. I got very angry and yelled at them on the road. Only the store manager talk. The person seems to be expert in REH was not even coming out.

    Finally they said since an upgraded clutch plate is installed, it takes time to get ride better. I have no idea how it run well for first 1000 kms. Anyway now I left with no choice and no one is bothered about this.

    Not sure how much it helps if I move legally. Also thinking about approaching any local experts. Any suggestions would be very helpful. Thanks..
    hm, regarding the clutch plate taking time to wear down well is utter nonsense, the clutch is a fit and finish job ( picture tightening the cap of a bottle requires no wearing in, unlike the piston and cylinder which depend on the seating rather than fitting), for the time being replace the himalayan clutch cable with the classic 350 cable, for loss of power and the like look at the rocker arm.

    Moving legally means that you are taking it seriously, further you create a paper trail which you can use if the issue is not resolved, if you require help, I would look it up and send you a private message.

    ----consecutive posts auto-merged-----

    Quote Originally Posted by helloworld View Post
    after going through the links and the experience of Himalayan riders, I'm inclining towards buying a Himalayan.

    well you would be doing yourself a disservice and getting a piece of junk, if you are so impressed with RE the thunderbird 350 is a better option.

  9. #1029
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    104
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan

    Quote Originally Posted by Manan View Post
    well you would be doing yourself a disservice and getting a piece of junk, if you are so impressed with RE the thunderbird 350 is a better option.
    this is a very bold statement, I know many of the people who own a BS4 and even BS3 himalayan and they are very happy with it. Also they have done many big rides on it (including NE, LEH and Spiti).

    Only people unhappy with REH are then one who have shifted from 500. and the only reason is the torque.

    Regards
    Mandar

  10. #1030
    Rusted
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Guwahati, Bangalore
    Posts
    418
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan

    Quote Originally Posted by Mandar_C500 View Post
    this is a very bold statement, I know many of the people who own a BS4 and even BS3 himalayan and they are very happy with it. Also they have done many big rides on it (including NE, LEH and Spiti).

    Only people unhappy with REH are then one who have shifted from 500. and the only reason is the torque.

    Regards
    Mandar
    There are numerous issues with the RE as a brand few posts upwards you have an unhappy customer.
    PrinceCruise likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. Royal Enfield Himalayan Unveiled!
    By Naveen1985 in forum News
    Replies: 184
    Last Post: 03-16-2016, 02:40 PM
  2. Royal Enfield Himalayan Odyssey 2011
    By sunilg in forum News
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-15-2011, 06:19 PM
  3. Royal Enfield Himalayan Odyssey 2010 registrations Open
    By praveen_sathaye in forum Thumpers,2-Stroke And Exotics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-05-2010, 04:51 PM
  4. 2009 Royal Enfield Himalayan Odyssey
    By groupbhp in forum General Biking Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-26-2009, 01:34 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •