Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

#xBhpAxorHelmet #2

Axor
Castrol Power 1

Work on your panic braking skills.

Our Partners

User Tag List

Page 176 of 188 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 1880
Like Tree1473Likes

Thread: Royal Enfield Himalayan

  1. #1751
    Rookie varunaFRANCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    France
    Posts
    45
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan

    Hello guys .
    Hoping all of you are in good conditions
    I am also a volunteer paramedic and helping at retired' home for checking .
    Maybe back to some riding the 11th of may here .
    I have a new T7 YAMAHA to test
    namaste
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ashwinprakas and #bpk like this.
    riding : 70
    martial arts : 73
    loving to tour around : always

  2. #1752
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Delhi
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan

    Can someone who has owned and toured on the Himalayan help me out? I am planning to get a bike and between dominar and himalayan i wanted to know a few things.

    1) has anybody toured with a pillion and luggage of 20-25Kg ? If yes will the bike be comfortable? I also plan to do leh ladakh trip sometime in the future. will the bike be able to handle the the weight and terrain? Also isthe engine comfortable in cruising with a pillion and luggage around 80-100km/h on highways?
    2) how reliable is the bike on an average ? I know the BS6 should be really refined but that's one of my main points of concern,if the bike takes a fall how rugged would it be? can someone please tell me how much an average service comes up to ?

    I would be really grateful if someone helped me out. Here im talking in context of the Himalayan. I rarely find any information online regarding these points.

  3. #1753
    Moderator B7ACKTHORN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    TN/TS Ooty/Telangana
    Posts
    8,439
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Post Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan

    Quote Originally Posted by quackquackquack View Post
    Can someone who has owned and toured on the Himalayan help me out? I am planning to get a bike and between dominar and himalayan i wanted to know a few things.

    1) has anybody toured with a pillion and luggage of 20-25Kg ? If yes will the bike be comfortable? I also plan to do leh ladakh trip sometime in the future. will the bike be able to handle the the weight and terrain? Also isthe engine comfortable in cruising with a pillion and luggage around 80-100km/h on highways?
    2) how reliable is the bike on an average ? I know the BS6 should be really refined but that's one of my main points of concern,if the bike takes a fall how rugged would it be? can someone please tell me how much an average service comes up to ?

    I would be really grateful if someone helped me out. Here im talking in context of the Himalayan. I rarely find any information online regarding these points.
    In the order of chronology.

    1. Yes, I have toured with the bike, and almost fully loaded with saddlebags, and tail bags and what not, the bike can handle almost all loads with ease.
    2. I remember answering your query of the same a while back; the bike for the most part is a reliable one. The bike is all metal, almost entirely, and in case of a fall the bike will not go to pieces like those fiber bodied ones. In most cases, you will have bent brake levers and pedal and scratched exhaust guards for the most part, depending on the fall/slide. But, on any bike, the intensity of the damage depends on a lot of factors.

    Average servicing cost of the Himalayan won't exceed Rs. 1500 for the most part, if only engine oil is changed from the SVC. Rest of the parts are all "replace it as and when necessary" so it's pretty much easy on the pocket. The bike is decent when it comes to mileage, and one can easily extract 35 KMPL depending on the riding pattern.

    Hopefully, it gives you some insight.

    Cheers!
    VJ
    Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?'
    The girl said, 'NO!'


    And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and watched sport on a big screen TV, went fishing and surfing, and played golf a lot, and drank beer and scotch and had tons of money in the bank and left the toilet seat up and farted whenever he wanted.


    THE END

  4. #1754
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Delhi
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan

    Quote Originally Posted by B7ACKTHORN View Post
    In the order of chronology.

    1. Yes, I have toured with the bike, and almost fully loaded with saddlebags, and tail bags and what not, the bike can handle almost all loads with ease.
    2. I remember answering your query of the same a while back; the bike for the most part is a reliable one. The bike is all metal, almost entirely, and in case of a fall the bike will not go to pieces like those fiber bodied ones. In most cases, you will have bent brake levers and pedal and scratched exhaust guards for the most part, depending on the fall/slide. But, on any bike, the intensity of the damage depends on a lot of factors.

    Average servicing cost of the Himalayan won't exceed Rs. 1500 for the most part, if only engine oil is changed from the SVC. Rest of the parts are all "replace it as and when necessary" so it's pretty much easy on the pocket. The bike is decent when it comes to mileage, and one can easily extract 35 KMPL depending on the riding pattern.

    Hopefully, it gives you some insight.

    Cheers!
    VJ

    Thank You so much, as it's a big purchase i just want to be sure i'm going for the right vehicle. As both the Dominar and Himalayan suit my riding style it makes it harder.

  5. #1755
    Rusted zestbiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ludhiana-Punjab
    Posts
    357
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan

    Today , shortened the sidestand of my BS4 Himalayan "Safeena"-cut out a 4mm piece of the sidestand with a hand hacksaw and welded the ground tab back-all the work carried out in my own factory,so the workmanship not exquisite but gets the job done.The bike now rests at about 80degree angle from
    the horizontal rather than the near 90 degrees vertical position earlier.

    Last edited by zestbiker; 05-09-2020 at 05:49 PM.
    kp. 1751 likes this.
    Dad's Bajaj Super-1983-1989
    Hero Honda Sleek-1989-1992
    Rajdoot Yamaha RD350-1990-2017
    Royal Enfield Bullet Std 1970 model-1991-1997
    Bajaj Pulsar P220EFI-2008-2011
    Bajaj Avenger220-2011--------
    Harley Davidson XG750 Street ABS 2017---
    KTM Duke390 BS3 2016-2020
    RE Himalayan BS4 2020-

  6. #1756
    Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Icon8 Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan

    Quote Originally Posted by MONKEYREV View Post
    mine is also coarse sound like when riding, svc telling its timing chain sound. very irritating..
    I got the same reply from svc, don't know what to do next

  7. #1757
    Rusted
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Guwahati, Bangalore
    Posts
    522
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennish View Post
    I got the same reply from svc, don't know what to do next
    As stated in the subsequent post, try using another brand of oil?

  8. #1758
    Moderator B7ACKTHORN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    TN/TS Ooty/Telangana
    Posts
    8,439
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Post Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennish View Post
    I got the same reply from svc, don't know what to do next
    The Himalayan's engine will sound coarse after riding a while or whence the engine has warmed up fully. The oil whichever grade one uses, or brand one uses, has subdued effect or minimal effect whatsoever on the smoothness of the engine. The oil nor the engine isn't to be blamed, it's inherent design warrants it to be that way.

    Cheers!
    VJ
    Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?'
    The girl said, 'NO!'


    And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and watched sport on a big screen TV, went fishing and surfing, and played golf a lot, and drank beer and scotch and had tons of money in the bank and left the toilet seat up and farted whenever he wanted.


    THE END

  9. #1759
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Madurai,Tamilnadu
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan

    [QUOTE=B7ACKTHORN;1390724]The Himalayan's engine will sound coarse after riding a while or whence the engine has warmed up fully. The oil whichever grade one uses, or brand one uses, has subdued effect or minimal effect whatsoever on the smoothness of the engine. The oil nor the engine isn't to be blamed, it's inherent design warrants it to be that way.

    C

    ----consecutive posts auto-merged-----

    Very Very Sorry to bombard this thread
    But i do have a dire problem
    I own a Cl350 Bs 4 which has run over to 19400 Kms.The bike had the traditional tick tick sound problem and hence went to a local RE guy who ended up changing the tappets as they were not loading properly.There would be horrible sounds when i suddenly drop throttle.
    I was happy that the issue was sorted out
    However today Just 800 kms after the new tappets,I am starting to getting the tic tic noise again.Goes off for sometime on its own,But is predominantly present.
    Should i change oil or Should i get it back to the mechanic?
    Should i wait for a couple more Hundred Kms to see if it improves?
    Please Help

    p.s I am using this thread in order to more views,Sorry again Mods

  10. #1760
    Rusted zestbiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ludhiana-Punjab
    Posts
    357
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan

    @B7ACKTHORN and other experienced Himalayan owners-
    which is the best engine oil for the Himalayan -should i stick to the Liquid Gun 15w50(don't know if it's mineral or semi synthetic) and change every 2000kms or shift to a fully synthetic oil and change after 4.5-5k kms-also i have huge trust on the semi synthetic Valvoline 4T 20W50 which i have been using in my 2011 model Avenger220 since 2015-it is an SN rated oil-can i use this oil in my Himalayan "Safeena" without any problem or should i stick to 15w50 only.Just came to know of Valvoline Champ Xtra BT 15W50 Synthetic blend-does anyone have a user review of this oil?
    TIA.
    Regards.
    Last edited by zestbiker; 05-13-2020 at 02:50 PM.
    Dad's Bajaj Super-1983-1989
    Hero Honda Sleek-1989-1992
    Rajdoot Yamaha RD350-1990-2017
    Royal Enfield Bullet Std 1970 model-1991-1997
    Bajaj Pulsar P220EFI-2008-2011
    Bajaj Avenger220-2011--------
    Harley Davidson XG750 Street ABS 2017---
    KTM Duke390 BS3 2016-2020
    RE Himalayan BS4 2020-

Similar Threads

  1. Royal Enfield Himalayan Odyssey 2011
    By sunilg in forum News
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-03-2019, 01:09 PM
  2. Royal Enfield Himalayan Unveiled!
    By Naveen1985 in forum News
    Replies: 184
    Last Post: 03-16-2016, 02:40 PM
  3. Royal Enfield Himalayan Odyssey 2010 registrations Open
    By praveen_sathaye in forum Thumpers,2-Stroke And Exotics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-05-2010, 04:51 PM
  4. 2009 Royal Enfield Himalayan Odyssey
    By groupbhp in forum General Biking Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-26-2009, 01:34 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •