Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

WE DESIGN ON

Lenovo ThinkPad
Castrol Power 1

The slower the vehicle, the quicker it can turn.

Our Partners

User Tag List

Page 46 of 184 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 1838
Like Tree1463Likes

Thread: Royal Enfield Himalayan

  1. #451
    Addicted tripster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Nagpur
    Posts
    148
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan

    Quote Originally Posted by Hemanz View Post
    Hey no worries at all, needn't be sorry. I will ask the SC to tilt the headlight a bit so that I don't count stars when on High Beam. If still doesn't work out, let me try the Philips one. Thanks for the tip on cleaning lens regularly. Will keep in mind going ahead
    Treat us with some pics of your ride.
    One life to ride....

  2. #452
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere
    Posts
    161
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Icon2 Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan

    Dear people, I am writing my opinion on upcoming BS4 motorcycles from RE.

    Here are tech specs of new Euro4/ABS RE launched at GBP 4000/- equals roughly 4 lakh INR. https://royalenfield.com/uk/motorcycles/bullet-500-efi

    1) By April 1 2017, RE will & must make their entire product range BS4 compliant. It is mandatory. This will surely happen. In BS4 RE engine, a Cat-con is bolted to the engine head near the exhaust side. By theory, cat-con should slightly reduced fuel efficiency & power, but practically few internal components will be tweaked to prevent such things from happening. Infact, BS4 engines will provide more linear torque spread, be less noisy & perhaps more fuel efficient.

    2) It is not necessary to bring EFi tech to make UCE engine BS4 compliant. The same norm can be achieved simply by fine tuning the parts of carburetor & exhaust mechanism. I am sure RE will retain carb in applicable models to avoid all hassles & increased costs of EFi. Remember, Indian motorcycle market is highly price sensitive.

    3) In Europe, this change has already been bought, but EU laws have already made ABS mandatory, so RE has also added twin channel ABS, Bosch 9.1 system. ABS laws in India come in effect only from April, 2018. So RE still has a year to work out ABS details & costs. I am pretty sure RE will take it step-by-step and release ABS only few months later of BS4 engine launch. But I also hope RE will respect Indians by providing dual disks & ABS (though at increased price about 20K) as early as possible. As of now, RE motorcycles have least/none safety features & are risky to drive in terms of safety.


    Hence I recommend to all of you get BS4 engine itself. It will certainly better than a BS3 one! and please dont worry, BS4 wont have 'additional problems' or such. Infact, few of the existing small niggles will be solved by RE R&D team. If possible, wait out for the ABS update. Though more expensive, it can be potentially life saving (especially in humongous RE's) The ABS update will include a better, modern swing-arm. Increase in handling & stability & reduction in some of vibrations.


    -From a Mech Engineer (and a devout Bulleteer)
    AshishTamhane, leech and Arya08 like this.

  3. #453
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Bengaluru/Chennai
    Posts
    78
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan

    Quote Originally Posted by tripster View Post
    Treat us with some pics of your ride.
    Ahhh Tripster, my bad. I am not much of a photo person. Starting next ride, I will surely click a few pics and share here.

    By the way, I have changed the position of the windshield. Let's see how it feels when I take it out for a ride this weekend.

    And yes, something I missed out on telling yesterday, I noticed some backfiring in exhaust happens when I decelerate or don't open the throttle.
    Udne de in Parindo ko Aazad Fiza Mei... Jo Tere Apne Honge Wo Laut Aayenge Kisi Roz...

  4. #454
    Addicted tripster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Nagpur
    Posts
    148
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan

    Quote Originally Posted by Hemanz View Post
    Ahhh Tripster, my bad. I am not much of a photo person. Starting next ride, I will surely click a few pics and share here.

    By the way, I have changed the position of the windshield. Let's see how it feels when I take it out for a ride this weekend.

    And yes, something I missed out on telling yesterday, I noticed some backfiring in exhaust happens when I decelerate or don't open the throttle.
    Backfiring is there in all Himalayans. Someone rejetted to smaller sizes and reduced it an extent. Unable to find the link. Its somewhere in the forum and perhaps this thread. Also the elusive offroad exhaust helps too. Elusive because its too hard to find in the RE showrooms. It looks the same but is all black.
    One life to ride....

  5. #455
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Bengaluru/Chennai
    Posts
    78
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan

    Quote Originally Posted by tripster View Post
    Backfiring is there in all Himalayans. Someone rejetted to smaller sizes and reduced it an extent. Unable to find the link. Its somewhere in the forum and perhaps this thread. Also the elusive offroad exhaust helps too. Elusive because its too hard to find in the RE showrooms. It looks the same but is all black.
    Heard it from other riders too about the backfiring. Yesterday was going through the Mojo Tourer thread (as it was one of the options before I decided to buy Himalayan) a few riders felt the backfiring in Mojo too. I guess it's kinda normal for the backfiring to happen. But is there any particular reason why backfiring happens in bikes? I read it's because of misfiring or mistiming of combustion. What I want to understand is it because of wrong driving or carb issue or some other reason?

    By the by, I love the backfiring sound. It's almost the same sound as when popcorns are made.
    tripster likes this.
    Udne de in Parindo ko Aazad Fiza Mei... Jo Tere Apne Honge Wo Laut Aayenge Kisi Roz...

  6. #456
    Addicted Pique242's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Thane, Maharashtra
    Posts
    197
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan

    Quote Originally Posted by marmiteminer View Post
    Dear people, I am writing my opinion on upcoming BS4 motorcycles from RE.

    Here are tech specs of new Euro4/ABS RE launched at GBP 4000/- equals roughly 4 lakh INR. https://royalenfield.com/uk/motorcycles/bullet-500-efi

    1) By April 1 2017, RE will & must make their entire product range BS4 compliant. It is mandatory. This will surely happen. In BS4 RE engine, a Cat-con is bolted to the engine head near the exhaust side. By theory, cat-con should slightly reduced fuel efficiency & power, but practically few internal components will be tweaked to prevent such things from happening. Infact, BS4 engines will provide more linear torque spread, be less noisy & perhaps more fuel efficient.

    2) It is not necessary to bring EFi tech to make UCE engine BS4 compliant. The same norm can be achieved simply by fine tuning the parts of carburetor & exhaust mechanism. I am sure RE will retain carb in applicable models to avoid all hassles & increased costs of EFi. Remember, Indian motorcycle market is highly price sensitive.

    3) In Europe, this change has already been bought, but EU laws have already made ABS mandatory, so RE has also added twin channel ABS, Bosch 9.1 system. ABS laws in India come in effect only from April, 2018. So RE still has a year to work out ABS details & costs. I am pretty sure RE will take it step-by-step and release ABS only few months later of BS4 engine launch. But I also hope RE will respect Indians by providing dual disks & ABS (though at increased price about 20K) as early as possible. As of now, RE motorcycles have least/none safety features & are risky to drive in terms of safety.


    Hence I recommend to all of you get BS4 engine itself. It will certainly better than a BS3 one! and please dont worry, BS4 wont have 'additional problems' or such. Infact, few of the existing small niggles will be solved by RE R&D team. If possible, wait out for the ABS update. Though more expensive, it can be potentially life saving (especially in humongous RE's) The ABS update will include a better, modern swing-arm. Increase in handling & stability & reduction in some of vibrations.


    -From a Mech Engineer (and a devout Bulleteer)

    Thanks for the information sir. Do keep us posting if you find out something shareable!

  7. #457
    Addicted Suresh Upadya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    78
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan

    Guys, today I visited RE showroom near my home.RE has started delivering 2017 models already.This model comes with a tuned BS-IV delivering better mileage as per information from sales person. New clutch cable, clutch plate are some of improvements. I was told in near future there are plans of a 6 gear version so 2017 model is ready for this upgrade and will be called back whenever upgrade is ready.Also this will ABS ready bike so one can fit ABS when released.I happily accepted and booked the vehicle expecting deliver by 1st or 2nd week of March.
    One question here has anyone tried fitting the Thunderbird projector lamp to Himalayan? Will it be able to sustain? I think dome size is same so should not be an issue.

    Ride Safe
    GauravD likes this.

    Ride safe
    Ride Hard

    http://flic.kr/ps/2A1U7A

    Baja Pulsar 2004 - till date
    Duke 200 -2013

  8. #458
    Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    South West Delhi
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan

    Does it come with auto led feature? And in which state has it started ? I have booked mine but waiting for the updated BS-4 spec variant to launch in Jaipur, Rajasthan.

  9. #459
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Bengaluru/Chennai
    Posts
    78
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan

    So I was reading in another group that if we change the jets (main and pilot) of the Himalayan, it will help in reducing the misfiring/popping sound and also will help in A/F ratio which means better throttle response, both combined in turn will lead to a better mileage.

    Theoretically, at least, will it work?

    Cheers!
    Last edited by Hemanz; 02-05-2017 at 12:25 AM.
    Udne de in Parindo ko Aazad Fiza Mei... Jo Tere Apne Honge Wo Laut Aayenge Kisi Roz...

  10. #460
    Addicted Pique242's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Thane, Maharashtra
    Posts
    197
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan

    Quote Originally Posted by Suresh Upadya View Post
    Guys, today I visited RE showroom near my home.RE has started delivering 2017 models already.This model comes with a tuned BS-IV delivering better mileage as per information from sales person. New clutch cable, clutch plate are some of improvements. I was told in near future there are plans of a 6 gear version so 2017 model is ready for this upgrade and will be called back whenever upgrade is ready.Also this will ABS ready bike so one can fit ABS when released.I happily accepted and booked the vehicle expecting deliver by 1st or 2nd week of March.
    One question here has anyone tried fitting the Thunderbird projector lamp to Himalayan? Will it be able to sustain? I think dome size is same so should not be an issue.

    Ride Safe
    That's a lot of positive information. Which showroom did you visit? The 6 gear version you say will come in near future, how long will it be approx.? Did he explain what changes did they make in the engine to make it BS-IV compliant?
    Arya08 likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. Royal Enfield Himalayan Odyssey 2011
    By sunilg in forum News
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-03-2019, 01:09 PM
  2. Royal Enfield Himalayan Unveiled!
    By Naveen1985 in forum News
    Replies: 184
    Last Post: 03-16-2016, 02:40 PM
  3. Royal Enfield Himalayan Odyssey 2010 registrations Open
    By praveen_sathaye in forum Thumpers,2-Stroke And Exotics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-05-2010, 04:51 PM
  4. 2009 Royal Enfield Himalayan Odyssey
    By groupbhp in forum General Biking Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-26-2009, 01:34 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •