Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

WE DESIGN ON

Lenovo ThinkPad
Magazine
Castrol Power 1

Hot days = molten tar = slip/slide.

Our Partners

User Tag List

Page 11 of 884 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111511 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 8833
Like Tree6170Likes

Thread: Bajaj Dominar 400 Ownership Experience Thread

  1. #101
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    30
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Bajaj Dominar 400 Ownership Experience Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by old_novice View Post
    Got the bike today evening from executive bajaj malad. Had booked it on 15th Dec. Will post my impressions shortly.
    Congrats buddy, I had phoned them yesterday and they told me my bike will be delivered soon.Kindly share your PDI experience.They have not allowed me to inspect the bike after payment and invoice.

  2. #102
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    31
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Bajaj Dominar 400 Ownership Experience Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by old_novice View Post
    Got the bike today evening from executive bajaj malad. Had booked it on 15th Dec. Will post my impressions shortly.
    Congratulations. Good to know someone from same city. I am going to make the payments today at Sai Bajaj Andheri.

  3. #103
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    39
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Bajaj Dominar 400 Ownership Experience Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by old_novice View Post
    Got the bike today evening from executive bajaj malad. Had booked it on 15th Dec. Will post my impressions shortly.
    I booked on 31st for same dealer still no updates

  4. #104
    Ijs
    Ijs is offline
    Rusted Ijs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Delhi
    Posts
    1,387
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Bajaj Dominar 400 Ownership Experience Thread

    @old_novice congratulations brother.

  5. #105
    Addicted Unforgiv3n biker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Salem
    Posts
    210
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Bajaj Dominar 400 Ownership Experience Thread

    Hey guys, @Ijs @old_novice @~wolverine~
    The petrol tank is 13 ltrs and the last bar is for 3-3.5 ltrs.
    The manual says to fill in petrol when the last bar is blinking, only because the bike is FI and it needs minimum fuel for the engine to run smooth, this doesn't mean it needs 3-4 litres for proper running. It is only said as a precautionary measure to avoid running out of fuel later.

  6. #106
    Ijs
    Ijs is offline
    Rusted Ijs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Delhi
    Posts
    1,387
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Bajaj Dominar 400 Ownership Experience Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Unforgiv3n biker View Post
    Hey guys, @Ijs @old_novice @~wolverine~
    The petrol tank is 13 ltrs and the last bar is for 3-3.5 ltrs.
    The manual says to fill in petrol when the last bar is blinking, only because the bike is FI and it needs minimum fuel for the engine to run smooth, this doesn't mean it needs 3-4 litres for proper running. It is only said as a precautionary measure to avoid running out of fuel later.
    Yes it is important to keep the fuel pump submerged in fuel to keep it cool and running as it has no other cooling mechanism. Running the fuel pump dry is not good.
    Unforgiv3n biker likes this.

  7. #107
    Addicted Hunterkol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Kolkata
    Posts
    172
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Bajaj Dominar 400 Ownership Experience Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DrBeatsB View Post
    Hello,
    Booked the bike right away on the very first day still I haven't got the delivery of my bike. I was the first one to book at that particular dealership (Rolta Bajaj,in Baguihati,Kolkata) which I confirmed from their booking list .The bike is in their warehouse from last week.After receiving dispatch message from BAL on 5th Jan,When I called them to enquire whether it had reached the warehouse or not on 14th,then only they told me that already it has. I made the full payment 4 days back on last Monday on 16th Jan,the cheques I gave them have been cleared too by the bank. Still when i called the dealership today, they are still asking me to wait till tomorrow when they will check about my payment update and then they will call me to come and do the necessary pdi,paperworks,invoicing etc after which they will send the bike for premenant reg and hand it over to me after about 4 to 10days!!
    Another disturbing fact is that, their warehouse is about 40km away from the showroom and they are bringing the bikes from there by riding them one by one by some of their office personnels. It irked me a lot and I offered them to bring my particular one riding myself from their warehouse to showroom which was also turned down by them strongly.
    It's getting so frustrating to deal with this particular bajaj dealership and to wait to get the bike after so many days after booking when every other city already have recieved their lot and enjoying their ride. Patiently awaiting for tomorrow and hoping for the best only till now.

    Live safe.
    Ride safer.
    Hello DrBeatsB,
    I read your post and could not refrain from replying since, the dealer you booked your bike from is one of the worst Bajaj Dealers in town. I can say this because I have bought my ride from them in March last year. If I am not wrong, someone by the last name Nandi must be talking to you, he is good guy but, he is bound by the owner who is an unprofessional and insensitive person. They bring the bikes with center stands by trucks and bikes with side stand by driving them from their warehouse at barasat. Their service centre and technicians are good for nothing and have no idea about the technicality of these modern rides. I am saying so because I have AS200 taken from them and have personal experience in their incompetence. Don't buy anything from their accessories shop in-house, don't sign the registration documents till you inspect the bike yourself (they tend to give the customer bikes for test rides), check every mm of the the ride thoroughly including tyres. Take the delivery day time. Rolta os worst in terms of customer service.

    Please do not misunderstand, the feedback is for the dealer and not for the bike. I have been following this thread to know more about D400 from fellow riders for me to convince myself to buy another bajaj. I am sure you will enjoy your machine and I wish the very best for your ride.

    Ride Safe !

  8. #108
    Rusted saudjawed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    chennai
    Posts
    252
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Bajaj Dominar 400 Ownership Experience Thread

    Just received SMS from Bajaj
    Sir, Your Disc Brake Midnight Blue Dominar 400 is dispatched to KHIVRAJ BAJAJ. Please contact dealership.

  9. #109
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    52
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Bajaj Dominar 400 Ownership Experience Thread

    Got call from dealer today that Bike has arrived and after payment in 5days you can take it. Also he said I can even choose the colour. Strange ?

    Didn't received any SMS from Bajaj about shipment or anything.

  10. #110
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Kolkata
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Bajaj Dominar 400 Ownership Experience Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hunterkol View Post
    Hello DrBeatsB,
    I read your post and could not refrain from replying since, the dealer you booked your bike from is one of the worst Bajaj Dealers in town. I can say this because I have bought my ride from them in March last year. If I am not wrong, someone by the last name Nandi must be talking to you, he is good guy but, he is bound by the owner who is an unprofessional and insensitive person. They bring the bikes with center stands by trucks and bikes with side stand by driving them from their warehouse at barasat. Their service centre and technicians are good for nothing and have no idea about the technicality of these modern rides. I am saying so because I have AS200 taken from them and have personal experience in their incompetence. Don't buy anything from their accessories shop in-house, don't sign the registration documents till you inspect the bike yourself (they tend to give the customer bikes for test rides), check every mm of the the ride thoroughly including tyres. Take the delivery day time. Rolta os worst in terms of customer service.

    Please do not misunderstand, the feedback is for the dealer and not for the bike. I have been following this thread to know more about D400 from fellow riders for me to convince myself to buy another bajaj. I am sure you will enjoy your machine and I wish the very best for your ride.

    Ride Safe !
    Hello HunterKol,
    Thanks a lot for your feedback. Today I have done the PDI of my bike and completed all the paperworks including invoice, registration application form etc. I've throughly examine the bike and took numbers of close up photographs for future reference. I've also strictly warned them about odo reading repeatedly. It was 39km already due to their transport practice.
    Strangely,no dominar has been delivered yet from Rolta Bajaj dealership even after full payment and invoicing. They are refusing delivery with TC Number and without premenant reg no. They are claiming minimum 18 to 20 days for registration after full payment. Till then all the dominars are being kept under cover at their showroom premises.
    They even asked me to sign under a challan certificates stating I've taken delivery of my bike to which I protested strongly, then only they backed off saying I can sign that during the actual delivery.
    The process of purchasing this bike is now getting real frustrating after all these. If attitude of the dealership is like this, don't know how their after sales service would be.

    Live safe.
    Ride safer.

    ----consecutive posts auto-merged-----

    Quote Originally Posted by n1tesh View Post
    Got call from dealer today that Bike has arrived and after payment in 5days you can take it. Also he said I can even choose the colour. Strange ?

    Didn't received any SMS from Bajaj about shipment or anything.
    Be very cautious about the dealership and its offers. BAL is specifically dispatching each bike against the order id and even sending the message informing the buyer about dispatch date.They (the dealership) may be trying to sell you the bike that has been refused by its specific buyer due to some fault or something we dont know. Keep your eyes wide open while dealing with this offer. Best of luck.

    Live Safe.
    Ride Safer.
    Murtaza, Hunterkol and pankajg09 like this.

Similar Threads

  1. [Ownership Thread]: KTM RC 390 Ownership Experience
    By ksameer in forum Motorcycle Ownership Experiences
    Replies: 5851
    Last Post: 4 Days Ago, 10:12 PM
  2. [Ownership Thread]: Benelli TNT 300 Ownership Experience
    By experimentalhead in forum Motorcycle Ownership Experiences
    Replies: 3786
    Last Post: 1 Week Ago, 03:26 AM
  3. Bajaj Dominar 400 Review
    By Old Fox in forum Bike Reviews
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12-12-2017, 10:02 AM
  4. [Ownership Thread]: Bajaj Discover Ownership Thread
    By Thunder in forum Motorcycle Ownership Experiences
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 02-28-2017, 02:58 PM
  5. Replies: 527
    Last Post: 01-15-2017, 10:32 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •