Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like minded biker friends. We have one common religion - Bikeism.

T-shirt
Magazine
Castrol Power 1

Careful with that leaking water tanker ahead.

Our Partners



User Tag List

Page 516 of 606 FirstFirst ... 16416466506512513514515516517518519520526566 ... LastLast
Results 5,151 to 5,160 of 6057
Like Tree4404Likes

Thread: Bajaj Dominar 400 Ownership Experience Thread

  1. #5151
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Sound coming from Dominar 400

    Hi Guys,

    I bought my Dominar 400 a month back and did first service couple of days back. After it's done, I am hearing an irritating shrill noise coming from gear paddle area whenever I accelerate and the sound goes away while leave the throttle. When I checked this with service center, they said its normal. But this sound was not there before the servicing.

    I am not sure if anybody came across this issue and any fix?

    Thanks,
    Sanat

  2. #5152
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    mumbai
    Posts
    96
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Bajaj Dominar 400 Ownership Experience Thread

    Hi,
    Have been using RE Electra 350 TS for 5 years and now looking for replacement. I went to bajaj showroom and took a test ride of the Dominar and have one major question which sales person is not able to answer,

    It does not have a centre stand, how do you park in tight spaces in parking lot with the side stand? Road levels all over Mumbai are not leveled parking on side stand leans the bike too low towards ground will it not fall? In situations like this centre stand is very useful, no issues in pulling a heavy bike on centre stand have been doing with royal enfield since years. Sales person gives wierd answer to this its a heavy bike so no centre stand because centre stand wont be able to take the load, does he have a clue what he is talking about?

    It is a good bike and i liked it but this is the only issues which is holding me from purchasing I request all the owernship people to answer this query?

  3. #5153
    Rusted
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    394
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Bajaj Dominar 400 Ownership Experience Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by rahul2880 View Post
    Hi,
    Have been using RE Electra 350 TS for 5 years and now looking for replacement. I went to bajaj showroom and took a test ride of the Dominar and have one major question which sales person is not able to answer,

    It does not have a centre stand, how do you park in tight spaces in parking lot with the side stand? Road levels all over Mumbai are not leveled parking on side stand leans the bike too low towards ground will it not fall? In situations like this centre stand is very useful, no issues in pulling a heavy bike on centre stand have been doing with royal enfield since years. Sales person gives wierd answer to this its a heavy bike so no centre stand because centre stand wont be able to take the load, does he have a clue what he is talking about?

    It is a good bike and i liked it but this is the only issues which is holding me from purchasing I request all the owernship people to answer this query?

    On all Modern vehicles, Side stand is more reliable and durable than central stand.
    parking on Side stand is much safer than on Central stand. Including Activas to Harley's.

    The reason is to do with Physics.
    - If you park on central stand, and if you Tilt the bike by 10 degrees on any side and leave it, the second central stand leg falls to ground and depending on the weight of the bike, it could fall to other side to ground.
    - All Side stands bend the bike over 20 degrees. so no one can tilt it accidentally and let the bike fall. Accidental tilting to around 5 degrees is tough, because all the weight of bike is falling towards left and its being held by side stand. Say if someone rams into bike while walking, he has to raise by over 20 degrees to let the bike fall to other side. which is impossible. Unless it is intentional. (for intentional incidents, even central stands cant stand).

    Side stands are more safer than central stands. Remember to pull up your side stand before you start riding.

  4. #5154
    Rookie Invincible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    49
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Bajaj Dominar 400 Ownership Experience Thread

    Side stand will put the bike on a lower centre of gravity, so chances of tipping will be lesser if parked firmly.
    Think about it, if there is a slope, the centre stand is more susceptible to a fall.

    If you are shoving your bike in a tight parking space, the chances of getting scratches or broken turn indicators are high. Better to avoid that.
    Only drawback of not having centre stand is while washing/ lubing the chain. You can get a paddock stand for the same. It is not very expensive.
    Personally I feel a bike this on centre stand will be an eye sore.

    But I do not think this should really hold you back from buying this bike
    ezy_rider, JourneyGuy and Ijs like this.

  5. #5155
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    104
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Bajaj Dominar 400 Ownership Experience Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Invincible View Post
    Side stand will put the bike on a lower centre of gravity, so chances of tipping will be lesser if parked firmly.
    Think about it, if there is a slope, the centre stand is more susceptible to a fall.

    If you are shoving your bike in a tight parking space, the chances of getting scratches or broken turn indicators are high. Better to avoid that.
    Only drawback of not having centre stand is while washing/ lubing the chain. You can get a paddock stand for the same. It is not very expensive.
    Personally I feel a bike this on centre stand will be an eye sore.

    But I do not think this should really hold you back from buying this bike
    I don't agree with the point that Side stand is better on Slops, actually its other way round.
    However I agree that center stand cannot be a deal breaker.

    one Q though,
    If I have to remove the rear wheel on the highway due to some reason, how will you do it?

    Regards
    Mandar

  6. #5156
    Rookie Invincible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    49
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Bajaj Dominar 400 Ownership Experience Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mandar_C500 View Post
    I don't agree with the point that Side stand is better on Slops, actually its other way round.
    Well, you are free to disagree but you could validate your point for the benefit of everyone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mandar_C500 View Post
    one Q though,
    If I have to remove the rear wheel on the highway due to some reason, how will you do it?
    Please care to list a couple of reasons (if there are many) why someone would have to remove the rear wheel on a highway ride?

  7. #5157
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    104
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Bajaj Dominar 400 Ownership Experience Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Invincible View Post
    Well, you are free to disagree but you could validate your point for the benefit of everyone.



    Please care to list a couple of reasons (if there are many) why someone would have to remove the rear wheel on a highway ride?
    For side stand, As you park it on the side stand on a slope bike moves forward which disengage the stand and bike falls. Personal experience on Samurai and Bullet.
    Regarding rear wheel removal. there can be several reasons, but I recollect the following 2 for you now.

    1. puncture may be small where air leaked over the time or a big one. where you need to remove the wheel and need to take it to puncture shop.
    2. May be rear wheel bearing broken.

  8. #5158
    Rookie Invincible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    49
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Bajaj Dominar 400 Ownership Experience Thread

    Bonus

    Try doing this on a centre stand
    Name:  HMRpwaH.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  30.1 KB
    You need two bottles. And still stability not guaranteed.

    ----consecutive posts auto-merged-----

    Quote Originally Posted by Mandar_C500 View Post
    For side stand, As you park it on the side stand on a slope bike moves forward which disengage the stand and bike falls. Personal experience on Samurai and Bullet.

    Regarding rear wheel removal. there can be several reasons, but I recollect the following 2 for you now.

    .

    1. Well, do you know there is a simple trick to manage this. When you park your bike on a slope on a side stand, you must engage the first gear. This applies to cars as well.

    2. If it was me, I won't lug the wheel all the way. I would simply walk to the puncture shop and bring the fellow along with necessary tools (most of them will have a two wheeler). Or if you have a friend with another bike you can as well ride to the nearest shop to bring the fellow.

    Actually, tubeless tyres wont go flat immediately. It will take a long time for it. You can comfortably ride to the nearest shop with a punctured tyre.
    Last edited by Invincible; 02-14-2018 at 05:09 PM.
    Raman Swaminathan likes this.

  9. #5159
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    104
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Bajaj Dominar 400 Ownership Experience Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Invincible View Post
    Bonus

    Try doing this on a centre stand
    You need two bottles. And still stability not guaranteed.
    he he he, I have both center and side stand, so I can do it with one bottle and stability guaranteed.

    ----consecutive posts auto-merged-----




    1. Well, do you know there is a simple trick to manage this. When you park your bike on a slope on a side stand, you must engage the first gear. This applies to cars as well.
    Once fallen I am always using main stand on slopes and no issue at all. Engaging 1st Gear is a better option.
    2. If it was me, I won't lug the wheel all the way. I would simply walk to the puncture shop and bring the fellow along with necessary tools (most of them will have a two wheeler). Or if you have a friend with another bike you can as well ride to the nearest shop to bring the fellow.
    I don't think you can do it on highway or at very remote location.
    Actually, tubeless tyres wont go flat immediately. It will take a long time for it. You can comfortably ride to the nearest shop with a punctured tyre.
    Yes, May be overnight it can deflate completely and then you have no choice. what about the broken wheel bearing.
    Pls find my response in line bold

  10. #5160
    Rookie Invincible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    49
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Bajaj Dominar 400 Ownership Experience Thread

    Try doing this on a centre stand
    You need two bottles. And still stability not guaranteed.
    he he he, I have both center and side stand, so I can do it with one bottle and stability guaranteed.
    So you agree that side stand is more stable

    what about the broken wheel bearing.
    This could be one in a million incidence?
    I personally have never read about wheel bearing breaking.
    Do you know, you can make a makeshift jack using rock or bricks.


Similar Threads

  1. [Ownership Thread]: KTM RC 390 Ownership Experience
    By ksameer in forum Motorcycle Ownership Experiences
    Replies: 5345
    Last Post: 1 Hour Ago, 05:33 PM
  2. [Ownership Thread]: Benelli TNT 300 Ownership Experience
    By experimentalhead in forum Motorcycle Ownership Experiences
    Replies: 3553
    Last Post: 2 Days Ago, 12:28 PM
  3. Bajaj Dominar 400 Review
    By Old Fox in forum Bike Reviews
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12-12-2017, 10:02 AM
  4. [Ownership Thread]: Bajaj Discover Ownership Thread
    By Thunder in forum Motorcycle Ownership Experiences
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 02-28-2017, 02:58 PM
  5. Replies: 527
    Last Post: 01-15-2017, 10:32 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •