Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like minded biker friends. Join the #16YearsOfxBhpCelebrations click here.

T-shirt
Magazine
Castrol Power 1

Hot days = molten tar = slip/slide.

Our Partners

User Tag List

Poll: How much mileage does your Yamaha FZ25 give?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 629 of 638 FirstFirst ... 129529579619625626627628629630631632633 ... LastLast
Results 6,281 to 6,290 of 6371
Like Tree2917Likes

Thread: Yamaha FZ 25 Owners Reviews and Experiences

  1. #6281
    Rusted JyotishmanS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Guwahati
    Posts
    298
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Yamaha FZ 25 Owners Reviews and Experiences

    Quote Originally Posted by jass007 View Post
    I'm already using Michelin PSR 140 at the rear, want to try out if 150 section at the rear. But is it worth it?
    No, until you put a Diablo Rosso or something, which has far superior grip and much better profile for cornering.

  2. #6282
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    46
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Yamaha FZ 25 Owners Reviews and Experiences

    Quote Originally Posted by JyotishmanS View Post
    No, until you put a Diablo Rosso or something, which has far superior grip and much better profile for cornering.
    Is it worth to upgrade to Alpha H1, cause that's what I'm planning to put, or stick to Michelin PSRs itself? Currently running PSR at 25th K kms

  3. #6283
    Rusted JyotishmanS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Guwahati
    Posts
    298
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Yamaha FZ 25 Owners Reviews and Experiences

    Quote Originally Posted by jass007 View Post
    Is it worth to upgrade to Alpha H1, cause that's what I'm planning to put, or stick to Michelin PSRs itself? Currently running PSR at 25th K kms
    People who have put an Alpha has said that it doesn't inspire great confidence in the wet. MPSR is just brilliant in all conditions you know. If you upsize the rear, my best bet would be the Diablo Rosso II, and of course the Metz M5 Sportec. Downside is they won't last long as they soft compound.

  4. #6284
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    46
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Yamaha FZ 25 Owners Reviews and Experiences

    Quote Originally Posted by JyotishmanS View Post
    People who have put an Alpha has said that it doesn't inspire great confidence in the wet. MPSR is just brilliant in all conditions you know. If you upsize the rear, my best bet would be the Diablo Rosso II, and of course the Metz M5 Sportec. Downside is they won't last long as they soft compound.
    Are there any alternatives to Michelin PSR? Any affordable ones?

  5. #6285
    Addicted slopegatri's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    cg
    Posts
    136
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Yamaha FZ 25 Owners Reviews and Experiences

    Quote Originally Posted by jass007 View Post
    Are there any alternatives to Michelin PSR? Any affordable ones?
    There's Pirelli Angle CT. costs around 4000rs for rear, but grip isn't as much as PSR.

  6. #6286
    Addicted Kirankj1724's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    171
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Yamaha FZ 25 Owners Reviews and Experiences

    Its been a week since I got my FZ25. Enjoying the city commute a lot more compared to my Dominar. Sticking to 4-4.5K rpm for the run-in period. The ODO is 185 as of today. Planning for a solo ride of 150-200 kms this weekend to get over the run-in period as early.

    Some annoying observations,
    1. The headlight doesn't turn off in signals on press of engine kill switch. I have to turn off the ignition key and turn on again.
    2. The entire headlight and LCD display console has some movement, and this gets annoying on uneven roads.
    3. Coming from Dominar, the only thing I badly miss is the amazing breaking it had when compared to FZ25.


    Overall the experience is great. I will keep posting my further opinions/observations here.
    MadEyeFoodie likes this.

  7. #6287
    Rusted paul.1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Delhi
    Posts
    771
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Yamaha FZ 25 Owners Reviews and Experiences

    Please watch this anyone who complain about coin rattling noise, tappet noise or grinding noise on FZ25.
    This has become one of the trending topic on the internet and answer is covered in this video.



    Basic tools you need for DIY


    Fork Repair video


    How to adjust tappets
Last edited by paul.1911; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:43 PM.
burnoutdee likes this.
| SOL 68s | Rynox Tornado Pro | Rynox Advento | Cramster TRG2 | Scoyco MC20 | Hero 5 and SJ6 |

Check out my YouTube for DIY/Reviews/Motoblogs www.youtube.com/c/LifeofPal

DIY - Foam Air filter Cleaning & Oiling / Horn Repair Guide / Replacing Motorcycle Fork Oil

Read This Before You Buy Any Halogen Bulb
Engine Overhaul
Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  • #6288
    Addicted slopegatri's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    cg
    Posts
    136
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Yamaha FZ 25 Owners Reviews and Experiences

    ^ Watched the video, good explanation regarding tappet noise but you forgot about the rattle noise which comes around 5-6krpm, it doesn't come from head and no matter what valve clearance you set it still produces that rattle noise. and according to Yamaha it comes from the balancer. it's the same case with xt250/ybr250 also as they share this engine. unfortunately there's no fix for that either. and to be honest i like that sound so don't really care if they fix this or not.

  • #6289
    Rusted paul.1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Delhi
    Posts
    771
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Yamaha FZ 25 Owners Reviews and Experiences

    Quote Originally Posted by slopegatri View Post
    ^ Watched the video, good explanation regarding tappet noise but you forgot about the rattle noise which comes around 5-6krpm, it doesn't come from head and no matter what valve clearance you set it still produces that rattle noise. and according to Yamaha it comes from the balancer. it's the same case with xt250/ybr250 also as they share this engine. unfortunately there's no fix for that either. and to be honest i like that sound so don't really care if they fix this or not.
    Found this on FB. SVC itself told its rocker arm and camshaft. Vibration is related to balancer.

    Name:  fef.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  21.2 KB

    And I was told about the same and here is my response. Sound is from head.

    Name:  1.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  19.9 KB
    Name:  2.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  20.1 KB
    | SOL 68s | Rynox Tornado Pro | Rynox Advento | Cramster TRG2 | Scoyco MC20 | Hero 5 and SJ6 |

    Check out my YouTube for DIY/Reviews/Motoblogs www.youtube.com/c/LifeofPal

    DIY - Foam Air filter Cleaning & Oiling / Horn Repair Guide / Replacing Motorcycle Fork Oil

    Read This Before You Buy Any Halogen Bulb
    Engine Overhaul

  • #6290
    Addicted slopegatri's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    cg
    Posts
    136
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Yamaha FZ 25 Owners Reviews and Experiences

    Quote Originally Posted by paul.1911 View Post
    Found this on FB. SVC itself told its rocker arm and camshaft. Vibration is related to balancer.

    Name:  fef.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  21.2 KB

    And I was told about the same and here is my response. Sound is from head.

    Name:  1.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  19.9 KB
    Name:  2.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  20.1 KB
    Nope, i believe that guy is not talking about rattling sound which comes around 5-6krpm, both are different and i bet his problems won't be solved even after those parts are changed. the rattling sound comes from crankcase and the reason is balancer (not just gear but whole mechanism) thats what Yamaha engineer told us in last year's Monsoon checkup camp ( almost 22-24 owners asked same question), i believe those guys over whatever svc tells. another reason to believe those engineers are that the noise goes away after 6krpm, but tappet noise doesn't. and it's same thing i have seen on xt250 forums as well. so 2 sources are saying it's balancer not the valve-train. anyway we can't really do anything about it and it doesn't really affect performance just that most people aren't comfortable with this as other bikes don't have this type of noise.

    *maybe on that guy's bike there's another issue which we don't really know yet as his bike isn't fixed yet i think.
    burnoutdee likes this.

  • Page 629 of 638 FirstFirst ... 129529579619625626627628629630631632633 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Ownership Thread]: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences
      By ankit mishra in forum Motorcycle Ownership Experiences
      Replies: 3769
      Last Post: 47 Minutes Ago, 09:36 PM
    2. [Ownership Thread]: Aprilia SR 150 Owners Reviews and Experiences
      By Journeykanth in forum Motorcycle Ownership Experiences
      Replies: 899
      Last Post: 1 Week Ago, 11:08 AM
    3. Yamaha YZF- R15 S Owners Reviews and Experiences
      By Anunay in forum Motorcycle Ownership Experiences
      Replies: 904
      Last Post: 2 Weeks Ago, 07:59 PM
    4. [Ownership Thread]: Bajaj V15: Owners Reviews and Experiences
      By shadcool786 in forum Motorcycle Ownership Experiences
      Replies: 67
      Last Post: 11-18-2018, 05:14 PM
    5. [Ownership Thread]: Kawasaki Z250 Owners Reviews and Experiences
      By yeshwanthleo in forum Motorcycle Ownership Experiences
      Replies: 47
      Last Post: 12-30-2017, 09:54 PM

    Tags for this Thread

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •