Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like minded biker friends. Join the #16YearsOfxBhpCelebrations click here.

WE DESIGN ON

Lenovo ThinkPad
Magazine
Castrol Power 1

Careful with that leaking water tanker ahead.

Our Partners

User Tag List

Page 2 of 970 FirstFirst 1234561252102502 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 9691
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Apache RTR/FI

  1. #11
    Rusted bprags's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    1,383
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pundrick View Post
    Mobil 1 0W-40

    I am not sure if it is JASO MA.
    Buddy, that looks like car oil. I would say get rid of it ASAP. The bike might feel smooth, but it wont revv freely.

  2. #12
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    187
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bprags View Post
    Buddy, that looks like car oil. I would say get rid of it ASAP. The bike might feel smooth, but it wont revv freely.
    Yep, did it last night, back to Power1.

  3. #13
    Rusted
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Raipur (C.G.)
    Posts
    591
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I had a fall on my bike while doing a wheelie. After that fall something happened and cannot be found out. When the bike gets warm and i speed it over 7000 rpm there is a very harsh vibration no one is able to figure it out and it feels very irritating. The vibrations were like slowly getting lesser day by day but after the free service it is vibrating even more and bike has lost its low end performance.

  4. #14
    Rusted onlinesatish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    3,338
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Guys,


    Is anyone owning a 07 RTR having trouble with the forks??

    Of late the forks get loosened up frequently and could hear the thak tahk sound whenever i go over a pothole or under hard braking.

    It stays good only for abt 10-20kms after i get it fixed. SVC guys say this problem is common in all 07 RTR's!

    Is anyone facing the same problem?

  5. #15
    CommuTOURer satyenpoojary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    On road
    Posts
    6,784
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onlinesatish View Post
    Guys,


    Is anyone owning a 07 RTR having trouble with the forks??

    Of late the forks get loosened up frequently and could hear the thak tahk sound whenever i go over a pothole or under hard braking.

    It stays good only for abt 10-20kms after i get it fixed. SVC guys say this problem is common in all 07 RTR's!

    Is anyone facing the same problem?
    I have a 07 RTR but didnt face any such issues..... check for the forks and the headlight fairing.... usually the sound comes from the headlight which is loosely mounted.... + RTR has a liking to lose out screws and bolts.....

    Quote Originally Posted by jasmeetsinghchawla View Post
    I had a fall on my bike while doing a wheelie. After that fall something happened and cannot be found out. When the bike gets warm and i speed it over 7000 rpm there is a very harsh vibration no one is able to figure it out and it feels very irritating. The vibrations were like slowly getting lesser day by day but after the free service it is vibrating even more and bike has lost its low end performance.
    check if you lost tooth in your sprocket.... or if the chain has got a bit loosened up...
    where do you feel the vibes now, on your handle bar or footrest... just check the above to points and tighten up the foot rest they will help reduce the vibes..
    Super CommuTOURer - Talk less, Ride more

    .: FB :.|.: TW :.|*Do Not Click!*|I
    follow POWERDRIFT:.

    #Give thy opinion, write em, dont throw em
    #Everyone errs, accept it, defending/cribbing about it only makes it worse
    #Dont defend a manufacturer as if you work for them
    #Write. Think. If relevant hit submit. If not hit yourself
    #Be kind in your choice of words, you never know who would make you gulp em
    Satyen Poojary

  6. #16
    Rusted onlinesatish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    3,338
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by satyenpoojary View Post
    I have a 07 RTR but didnt face any such issues..... check for the forks and the headlight fairing.... usually the sound comes from the headlight which is loosely mounted.... + RTR has a liking to lose out screws and bolts.....

    Mine was all ok......this issue had just started. My bike has done 17k kms. Faring and all is perfect. I can feel the ply in the forks! I'll get it checked today too......let see wat could be the problem

  7. #17
    Rusted HydBiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    3,173
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Pundrick
    The Mobil1 oil u've got is a Car Oil... It is JASO MB certified. It is really slippery and hence the smoothness but the clutch slips too...

    @Satish
    Check of the forks too would be changed for you

  8. #18
    Rusted onlinesatish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    3,338
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HydBiker View Post
    @Pundrick
    The Mobil1 oil u've got is a Car Oil... It is JASO MB certified. It is really slippery and hence the smoothness but the clutch slips too...

    @Satish
    Check of the forks too would be changed for you
    Ohhh.....i'd love that

    Got the fork tighten again today! i reported this to the head mech. He himself tighten it now and asked me to observe it for a couple of days. If it gets loosened up again then there might be some problem with the balls(for some filthy minds - i meant the iron balls) might have got damaged. If its so then he'll repair it during the service!

    P.s - Kiran commercials SVC is starting night shift(till 11pm) to service bikes


    And KP list of things that were changed in last service!

    1. Speedo assembly....Odo reads 0 kms again
    2. Side stand
    3. Disc pads
    4. Rear shocker(have no idea why the changed it)
    5. New rear tyre(which was changed again 2 weeks back)
    6. Drum rubbers
    7. Rear brake shoes
    8. Engine oil and filter.

    and lots more things in the engine which they did'nt reavel.

    Out of the list i was only charged for the Brake shoes and disc pads

    I had a real bad experience with Motul 3000 4T in my RTR!

  9. #19
    Addicted
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Delhi|Noida
    Posts
    190
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Satish, have been following your bike's issues and parts replacement since quite sometime(since you started the issue in orkut long time ago) in both xbhp and orkut. I dont understand why are you still sticking with this bike, either file a case agianst TVS or sell this lemon off.

    It seems you like going to svc center everytime and gets parts replaced as if it doesnt matter, remember the warranty is just for 2 years.

  10. #20
    Rusted onlinesatish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    3,338
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by setuniket View Post
    Satish, have been following your bike's issues and parts replacement since quite sometime(since you started the issue in orkut long time ago) in both xbhp and orkut. I dont understand why are you still sticking with this bike, either file a case agianst TVS or sell this lemon off.

    It seems you like going to svc center everytime and gets parts replaced as if it doesnt matter, remember the warranty is just for 2 years.
    @setu

    As far as am concern, None of the problems i see are not major. It might seem like a big issue when i post them. But they are actually not. Its just coz i want everything to be perfect! But the svc guys just dont find enough time and keep postponding the work on my bikes.

    For instance Speedo was changed coz of the RPM meter problem......i have seen this problem i lot of RTR personally but non bother to take to the SVC. And this is my 3rd memter and i have seen the same problem crop up even today. This well might be a design flaw!

    I have no idea why they changed the rear shockers....when asked they just told me they hear some noise from it!

    Disc pad coz it was worn out! and side stands coz it was getting in the way of the gear rods. Oil was changed freely coz i did'nt carry enough money while taking the delivery....it was out of curtosey!

    I can ride my bike forgetting all this and am sure each one of us have these problems in our bikes but we just dont notice them!....but i wanted it to be perfect thats why!

    And rear tyre was changed coz of wobbling but the tyre which they fitted was a metro tyre which sucked they again changed to the TVS but it was damaged which we both failed to notice. So i got it changed last week.


    but anyways am getting rid of my bike by feb and getting a new one!

Similar Threads

  1. First Impression:TVS Apache RTR FI 160
    By MG in forum Bike Reviews
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 10-14-2011, 02:12 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •