Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like minded biker friends. Join the #16YearsOfxBhpCelebrations click here.

WE DESIGN ON

Lenovo ThinkPad
Magazine
Castrol Power 1

Tubeless tyres are better than tubed ones.

Our Partners

User Tag List

Page 708 of 810 FirstFirst ... 208608658698704705706707708709710711712718758808 ... LastLast
Results 7,071 to 7,080 of 8095
Like Tree256Likes

Thread: Pulsar 220 DTS-Fi

  1. #7071
    Rusted rx100.7050's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New Delhi
    Posts
    2,602
    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    19 Sep 2008.
    The day will be etched in my memory forever just like stone carvings. It was drizzling. I couldn't sleep properly the night before for the reason that next morning I was going to realize my dream. I had woken up at 4:00 am in the morning & started painting the name of my beloved on black XBHP T-Shirt. Then the morning sunshine came piercing through & I got ready to cover the longest yard/kms/miles of my life (Well, it happened during my marriage too ). My close friend's wife had weekly off that day & she agreed to be part of the celebration & accompany me to take the delivery of my dream bike Pulsar 220 DTSF-i, black stallion. Made the payment to dealer & was asked to collect my bike from the Okhla PBK. It was drizzling all the way. As soon I reached the service station my eyes got stuck at the black beauty shining in her glory. What a sight it was. From that the story of Love on two wheels begun & continued till this date.

    Present Day..
    This beauty has made me tour many places. Some long, some short. Some easy, some through difficult conditions. Did many tours solo. Jaipur, Haridwar, Rishikesh. After marriage, I toured with my wife as my another companion. Mussourie, Chail, Kasauli. Numerous group rides with my XBHP buddies. Never a single moment I had doubt about the purchase. It may not be the perfect bike in terms of engineering or technology but it has served my purpose without a hitch. never in my life it has put in line of fire. I really cherished every single metres, seconds moments on this bike & I wish her the best. It will stay with me for years to come, hopefully. I will upgrade to another bike someday but rest assures this curvy black beauty will be with me coz it was made for me.

    Name:  2012-05-13 13.22.23.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  36.0 KBName:  Dips_IMG_8851.jpg
Views: 2420
Size:  73.3 KBName:  DSC_0060.jpg
Views: 588
Size:  61.6 KBName:  DSC_0277.JPG
Views: 457
Size:  25.7 KBName:  IMG_6373_resized.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  41.9 KBName:  IMG_6481_resized.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  101.7 KBName:  mini-DSC02945.jpg
Views: 584
Size:  82.8 KBName:  mini-DSC03218.JPG
Views: 471
Size:  57.0 KBName:  mini-IMG_0696.jpg
Views: 592
Size:  81.0 KB

  2. #7072
    Moderator B7ACKTHORN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    TN/TS Ooty/Telangana
    Posts
    8,054
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rx100.7050 View Post
    19 Sep 2008.
    The day will be etched in my memory forever just like stone carvings. It was drizzling. I couldn't sleep properly the night before for the reason that next morning I was going to realize my dream. I had woken up at 4:00 am in the morning & started painting the name of my beloved on black XBHP T-Shirt. Then the morning sunshine came piercing through & I got ready to cover the longest yard/kms/miles of my life (Well, it happened during my marriage too ). My close friend's wife had weekly off that day & she agreed to be part of the celebration & accompany me to take the delivery of my dream bike Pulsar 220 DTSF-i, black stallion. Made the payment to dealer & was asked to collect my bike from the Okhla PBK. It was drizzling all the way. As soon I reached the service station my eyes got stuck at the black beauty shining in her glory. What a sight it was. From that the story of Love on two wheels begun & continued till this date.

    Present Day..
    This beauty has made me tour many places. Some long, some short. Some easy, some through difficult conditions. Did many tours solo. Jaipur, Haridwar, Rishikesh. After marriage, I toured with my wife as my another companion. Mussourie, Chail, Kasauli. Numerous group rides with my XBHP buddies. Never a single moment I had doubt about the purchase. It may not be the perfect bike in terms of engineering or technology but it has served my purpose without a hitch. never in my life it has put in line of fire. I really cherished every single metres, seconds moments on this bike & I wish her the best. It will stay with me for years to come, hopefully. I will upgrade to another bike someday but rest assures this curvy black beauty will be with me coz it was made for me.

    Name:  2012-05-13 13.22.23.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  36.0 KBName:  Dips_IMG_8851.jpg
Views: 2420
Size:  73.3 KBName:  DSC_0060.jpg
Views: 588
Size:  61.6 KBName:  DSC_0277.JPG
Views: 457
Size:  25.7 KBName:  IMG_6373_resized.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  41.9 KBName:  IMG_6481_resized.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  101.7 KBName:  mini-DSC02945.jpg
Views: 584
Size:  82.8 KBName:  mini-DSC03218.JPG
Views: 471
Size:  57.0 KBName:  mini-IMG_0696.jpg
Views: 592
Size:  81.0 KB

    It's always kinda overwhelming when the bike itself has a story to tell. Keep it coming.


    Cheers!
    VJ
    Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?'
    The girl said, 'NO!'


    And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and watched sport on a big screen TV, went fishing and surfing, and played golf a lot, and drank beer and scotch and had tons of money in the bank and left the toilet seat up and farted whenever he wanted.


    THE END

  3. #7073
    Rusted Praful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    5,054
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Congrats Dipankar :-)

    Ride Safe! Ride Long!

    Cheers!
    _________________________
    LoneWolfRides©

  4. #7074
    Rusted rx100.7050's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New Delhi
    Posts
    2,602
    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Praful View Post
    Congrats Dipankar :-)

    Ride Safe! Ride Long!

    Cheers!
    Thanks a lot Praful. I have completed 70,000+ kms on my bike & loving every more kms on it. Thanks a lot for your advice & immense input regarding ownership.


    Quote Originally Posted by B7ACKTHORN View Post
    It's always kinda overwhelming when the bike itself has a story to tell. Keep it coming.


    Cheers!
    VJ
    Thanks a lot Vijay

  5. #7075
    Rusted Durvesh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Malad,Mumbai
    Posts
    300
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Congrats @ rx100.7050...
    Hey guys!!! Yesterday I changed the Bike battery because it was defective. after that In PBK they checked Battery charger( Rectifier) its found ok, Then after some time I switch on the all electrical loads Like ( headlight up beam, indicator light, brake light Via pressing the brake lever) then again Battery low indication was on. Is this normal Condition with load of electrical???? Or any problem with Coil plate??? Also meter back lit Led display flickering while flashing the Upper & dipper beam, is this normal? please reply soon guys...
    I know i'm slow But i'm still ahead of u!!![SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  6. #7076
    Rusted Praful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    5,054
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Durvesh View Post
    Congrats @ rx100.7050...
    Hey guys!!! Yesterday I changed the Bike battery because it was defective. after that In PBK they checked Battery charger( Rectifier) it’s found ok, Then after some time I switch on the all electrical loads Like ( headlight up beam, indicator light, brake light Via pressing the brake lever) then again Battery low indication was on. Is this normal Condition with load of electrical???? Or any problem with Coil plate??? Also meter back lit Led display flickering while flashing the Upper & dipper beam, is this normal? please reply soon guys...
    Does your service centre have a battery load testing tool?

    Run a load test to check if the is fine first. Why did you change your earlier battery? What exactly was the problem with it?
    _________________________
    LoneWolfRides©

  7. #7077
    Rusted Praful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    5,054
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Pulsar 220 DTS-Fi

    Just thought I'd post a pic since its been ages since I posted one!

    Got my bike back after an extended visit at the service station! now I need to hit the road to really see if that extended visit was any good.





    __________________________________
    Tapatalk2'd from JellyMoPhoBean
    Last edited by Praful; 09-24-2012 at 08:58 PM.
    Ivin likes this.
    _________________________
    LoneWolfRides©

  8. #7078
    Rusted Durvesh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Malad,Mumbai
    Posts
    300
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Praful View Post
    Does your service centre have a battery load testing tool?

    Run a load test to check if the is fine first. Why did you change your earlier battery? What exactly was the problem with it?
    My battery was almost dead so i changed the battery & self start was not working. no idea about the battery load test tool they are having or not??. I ll check it out there tomorrow, but praful do u have any idea about why the battery low indication on in meter after all electrical load on? they are talking about the coil plate weak??
    I know i'm slow But i'm still ahead of u!!![SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  9. #7079
    Rusted Praful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    5,054
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Durvesh View Post
    My battery was almost dead so i changed the battery & self start was not working. no idea about the battery load test tool they are having or not??. I ll check it out there tomorrow, but praful do u have any idea about why the battery low indication on in meter after all electrical load on? they are talking about the coil plate weak??
    Could be anything, even a faulty RR unit. This also means your new battery is already discharged!

    You need :-

    1. Battery Load test tool - To identify if there is a problem with the battery
    2. Fi Diagnostic Tool - To check for output voltage
    3. Multimeter - To check output at RR unit

    There is a possibility that there is a short in your wiring circuit that could be causing the battery to drain off, but if that happens the fuse should usually blow. Have you by any chance removed the fuse and made it a direct connection?
    Durvesh likes this.
    _________________________
    LoneWolfRides©

  10. #7080
    Rusted Durvesh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Malad,Mumbai
    Posts
    300
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Praful View Post
    Could be anything, even a faulty RR unit. This also means your new battery is already discharged!

    You need :-

    1. Battery Load test tool - To identify if there is a problem with the battery
    2. Fi Diagnostic Tool - To check for output voltage
    3. Multimeter - To check output at RR unit

    There is a possibility that there is a short in your wiring circuit that could be causing the battery to drain off, but if that happens the fuse should usually blow. Have you by any chance removed the fuse and made it a direct connection?

    Praful, They have already checked the RR unit with help of multimeter. The RR unit charging perfectly. output voltage 13.86 volt with load at ideal speed of engine. only other two step of diagnosis is pending (Battery Load test tool - To identify if there is a problem with the battery
    Fi Diagnostic Tool - To check for output voltage). My bike fuse is fine & i never did the direct connection. so may i have to check with some wiring loose connection or corrosion? Praful they are saying "your bike's coil plate is weak so we have to check with new one"?? do u think any other issue with charging system?
    I know i'm slow But i'm still ahead of u!!![SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •