Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Tubeless tyres are better than tubed ones.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by bluevolt View Post
    Thanks! The black tail did bother me too - this is how the bike will look like after the change. I have not got my bike yet, so I simply photoshopped a picture from the net:

    you could have left the rear panels sa it is and painted the mid fairings black just like 2010 zx6r which looks great.
    sigpic

    finding god is easier than finding hidden spy cameras - Swami Nithyananda

    Comment


    • Originally posted by killers_instinct View Post
      I agree the black tail is a bit out of place and it also makes the green look a bit smaller than the black Ninja...

      For now I am thinking of putting some green stickers like the American 2010 Ninja 250R.

      Opinions????

      IMO green and black is a better combo than the green and white there...
      I love these Monster decals on the green 250R. So cool!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by farfromnormal View Post
        Dude i would recommend you to order the B2 industries no cut fender eliminater,its the best imo and then comes the jardine.

        I had orderd the shogun crash kit with all the other stuff,so dont know the exact duty i paid for the frame sliders.And yes ,the link mentioning the stuf is perfect.,Bit of hassle but would definately install them next week,would upload the pics of installation .
        Orderd the Cf akrapovic slipon for my cousins ninja.expected this monday.Cant wait to hear how it sounds.
        @farfromnormal : thanks for all the info dude. I want to order a slipon along with the shogun crash kit & B2 fender eliminator, but want to hear the sound of your slipon before i order it. Would it be possible? Thanks.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by farfromnormal View Post
          Orderd the Cf akrapovic slipon for my cousins ninja.expected this monday.Cant wait to hear how it sounds.
          WTF.. I am coming to Mumbai next week, want to hear both of them.. Some respite!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by invincible2110 View Post
            @farfromnormal : thanks for all the info dude. I want to order a slipon along with the shogun crash kit & B2 fender eliminator, but want to hear the sound of your slipon before i order it. Would it be possible? Thanks.
            Originally posted by crazy_rahul View Post
            WTF.. I am coming to Mumbai next week, want to hear both of them.. Some respite!
            Anytime buddy ... check the inbox .

            Comment


            • Guys dont blow me to pieces for asking this !
              but...you guys are buying aftermarket stuff by the tons even before the bike gets delivered/soon after the delivery. Shouldnt one exploit the stock bike to a considerable extent ( mind you not to its full extent for thats not possible for many of us ) before one ventures into these aftermarket accessories.

              Secondly..whats the point of buying aftermarket cookies to the tune of 50 K for a bike which costs only 3 lakhs !!! Some have even spent over 80K in the process of pimping up the ride. Thats like one fourth of the original price tag.

              I mean...spending 50K on a good gear is fine. I myself had a budget of 50K for a gear and got myself a good one. But spending 50K on the bike again is something that I aint able to fathom.


              I aint opining here. I am wanting to understand the thinking that goes behind these measures ! Educate me, someone ! I wanna understand the school of thought behind this.
              sigpic
              when i ride bullet before my bullet was solid condition but i once race with a Ceilo car and my engine size. mechancic say bullet is good bike but no racing. it is good for three people and very powerful.
              one day when i become rich i but ducati and then I race with cars. not now.
              kamlesh kanda
              NO PACE TOO SLOW
              IF you're at all going to be a respectable rider one day, leave your pride at the "door."

              Comment


              • Originally posted by TenHut View Post
                Educate me, someone ! I wanna understand the school of thought behind this.
                Expression of individuality, and improvement over what is stock, either through aesthetic or performance enhancements. Anyway, many of the things we buy these days cannot be exploited to its full potential, stock or otherwise. Think stock Hayabusa - do you think anyone can ride that thing at 300km/hr? But still people put in Leo Vince slip-ons so that it sounds and looks better.

                Same reason behind why people plonk in a multi-lakh blaupunkt in a Suzuki Swift which costs 5 lakhs, not to mention leather seats, cooler looking alloy wheels and HID lights.

                Same reason why one buys a flat for 40 lakhs and spends another 20 doing it up though there was nothing wrong with the stock version!

                Spending on riding gear is different from spending on the bike - the gear is for your protection and has nothing to do with your motorcycle.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by TenHut View Post
                  Guys dont blow me to pieces for asking this !
                  but...you guys are buying aftermarket stuff by the tons even before the bike gets delivered/soon after the delivery. Shouldnt one exploit the stock bike to a considerable extent ( mind you not to its full extent for thats not possible for many of us ) before one ventures into these aftermarket accessories.

                  Secondly..whats the point of buying aftermarket cookies to the tune of 50 K for a bike which costs only 3 lakhs !!! Some have even spent over 80K in the process of pimping up the ride. Thats like one fourth of the original price tag.

                  I mean...spending 50K on a good gear is fine. I myself had a budget of 50K for a gear and got myself a good one. But spending 50K on the bike again is something that I aint able to fathom.


                  I aint opining here. I am wanting to understand the thinking that goes behind these measures ! Educate me, someone ! I wanna understand the school of thought behind this.
                  Originally posted by bluevolt View Post
                  Expression of individuality, and improvement over what is stock, either through aesthetic or performance enhancements. Anyway, many of the things we buy these days cannot be exploited to its full potential, stock or otherwise. Think stock Hayabusa - do you think anyone can ride that thing at 300km/hr? But still people put in Leo Vince slip-ons so that it sounds and looks better.

                  Same reason behind why people plonk in a multi-lakh blaupunkt in a Suzuki Swift which costs 5 lakhs, not to mention leather seats, cooler looking alloy wheels and HID lights.

                  Same reason why one buys a flat for 40 lakhs and spends another 20 doing it up though there was nothing wrong with the stock version!

                  Spending on riding gear is different from spending on the bike - the gear is for your protection and has nothing to do with your motorcycle.
                  @ bluevolt i was typing the reply in the same direction.thanks.
                  @tenhut i totally respect your opinion , i used to feel the same , when people i know used to spend 2-3 lacs on a brand new sbk ,but then what the hell ,its their money ,their bike , their individuality.As i mentioned earlier i pimped my bike purely for the looks and sound,was not at all looking for any performance gain. ...Everyone likes to stand out of the crowd,and who wouldnt like it if someone appreciates your love/your ride.? Cheers

                  Ps : the 75-80 K spent on the bike also includes a decent helmet ,a jacket and a pair of gloves.And i make sure i wear all of these whenever im riding any bike,so dont put me under the showoff list .

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by bluevolt View Post
                    Same reason behind why people plonk in a multi-lakh blaupunkt in a Suzuki Swift which costs 5 lakhs, not to mention leather seats, cooler looking alloy wheels and HID lights.
                    Same reason why one buys a flat for 40 lakhs and spends another 20 doing it up though there was nothing wrong with the stock version!
                    Bluevold
                    +1. Couldnt have been explained any better with best examples possible. Theres no harm in spending your money if its done in the right direction, going for performance upgrades can be delayed a bit though but visual upgrades can be applied from the moment you get delivery so that your Ninja stands apart than those in newspapers or on websites Pardon me for ma ignorance but have you bought any performace upgrade parts too apart from carbon fibre parts?(like a new exhaust or something)

                    Regarding cars, some guys spend almost 2-3L on a 5L Swift and they get car computers, audio systems, carbon fibre partss and flashy alloys. Same can be applied to cars too.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by bluevolt View Post
                      Expression of individuality, and improvement over what is stock, either through aesthetic or performance enhancements. Anyway, many of the things we buy these days cannot be exploited to its full potential, stock or otherwise. Think stock Hayabusa - do you think anyone can ride that thing at 300km/hr? But still people put in Leo Vince slip-ons so that it sounds and looks better.
                      Yeah but they dont cost one fourth the original price tag of the Bewza. Dont get me wrong on pimping the rides. I have a heavily pimped car myself but pimping up 250R doesnt make economic sense to me, is what I wanted to put accross.

                      Same reason behind why people plonk in a multi-lakh blaupunkt in a Suzuki Swift which costs 5 lakhs, not to mention leather seats, cooler looking alloy wheels and HID lights.
                      and I would have failed to understand the logic behind that too. I am not convinced tht this example is justifying why ppl pimp 250R even before delivery cause the Swift owner at hand and the 250R owners at hand are essentially doing the same thing which I am questioning/trying to understand.

                      Same reason why one buys a flat for 40 lakhs and spends another 20 doing it up though there was nothing wrong with the stock version!
                      cmon now ...While you can happily ride away on a stock bike for your entire lifetime...you cant live in a stock flat. I dont think real estate can make for a fine comparision when we are talking of machines.

                      Spending on riding gear is different from spending on the bike - the gear is for your protection and has nothing to do with your motorcycle.
                      Exaclty its for safety and hence spending 50 K on a gear is cool cause its got nothing to do with the fact that your bike costed only 3lakhs.
                      I mean..yeah..its your money and all...but i aint even contesting that...so you got the money...so you blow 50k - 80 K on a bike which is excellent in its stock form and costs only 3 Lakhs ? It really doesnt make any economic sense to me as of now.

                      And then again....yeah adding individuality to the bike is cool. But doing that 1 day into the delivery ? Seriously the bike excels in its stock form too. Why not wait till one gets bored of how it looks and performs and then change the shit out of it.The bewza rider doesnt go in for aftermarket exhausts the first day (unless if he has had a bewza before). What doctor(xBHP member) did with his Bewza is understandable. He got bored of the sound, looks and changed everything after he has had the stock for long. I wont question whether he exploited the stock to its full extent. Clearly no one can !

                      I dont think I am gonna get the logic behind it and this is OT too, so I am gonna abdicate my stand. But i cant tag along this school of thought yet.

                      EDIT : ok imagine this
                      Gear Rs 50K + Xena disc Lock AUD $45 + All weather Motorcycle cover AUD $74 ( this is the basic that every rider should have )
                      Now Aftermarket accesories = Rs 80K
                      Ninja 250R OTR = 3,00,000
                      Total = Rs 4,33,570
                      Thats 45 % of the Bike cost that you end up paying for Aftermarket+Gear. Unless you load the Busa with a turbocharger you would not come so close to the OTR price through aftermarket modifications. That was my point.
                      Last edited by TenHut; 12-26-2009, 05:09 PM.
                      sigpic
                      when i ride bullet before my bullet was solid condition but i once race with a Ceilo car and my engine size. mechancic say bullet is good bike but no racing. it is good for three people and very powerful.
                      one day when i become rich i but ducati and then I race with cars. not now.
                      kamlesh kanda
                      NO PACE TOO SLOW
                      IF you're at all going to be a respectable rider one day, leave your pride at the "door."

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by TenHut View Post

                        I dont think I am gonna get the logic behind it and this is OT too, so I am gonna abdicate my stand. But i cant tag along this school of thought yet.
                        The discussion can go on forever, so let's leave this where it is. Different strokes for different folks, I'd say.

                        Cheers!

                        Edit: When it comes to things like these, economic sense is not something one puts into the equation. If you ask me, the 250R itself does not make economic sense in a country where most people do not even earn 3 lakhs annually, leave along spending that much to buy a motorcycle.
                        Last edited by bluevolt; 12-26-2009, 05:25 PM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by anirudh fz1
                          guys look at this chick smithaa ,doing stunts in a racekit fitted fz16 inside a marriage hall before she gets married.(who the hell gave her a race kit)
                          i am sure she will kick all our as*** in biking.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbnxPCnHM9g&feature=related
                          kick our a** in biking ? how ? . even a 14 yr old can do burnouts on the smooth polished surface where breaking traction is very very easy . and why did you post it here on ninja thread

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by bluevolt View Post
                            The discussion can go on forever, so let's leave this where it is. Different strokes for different folks, I'd say.

                            Cheers!

                            Edit: When it comes to things like these, economic sense is not something one puts into the equation. If you ask me, the 250R itself does not make economic sense in a country where most people do not even earn 3 lakhs annually, leave along spending that much to buy a motorcycle.
                            economic sense to the owner is what I meant..not economic (to the country)

                            Bluevolt I have been watching your ways and replies for a while now and I really like the moderation with which you put your expressions to paper.No extremes.

                            Different strokes for different ppl is the best answer i can get for my curious mind right now.

                            Btw...The ninja 250 R is a ***** when it comes to speedo drive lubrication. I lubbed mine for the 5th time now. If you live in a humid/damp area then u r gonna end up lubbing it often.

                            Secondly...over 3k+ Kms my bike had started to vibrate a lot. The scheduled oil change was at 6K. But I changed the oil at 3200kms ( Motul 300V 15W50 factory line ) and the thing rides better than when it was new.
                            If you are gonna be riding the bike @8K rpm and above in every gear and if thats your style of riding it is suggested by experts to not wait till 6K scheduled oil change.

                            I hope I did the right thing by listening to them !

                            Ciao
                            sigpic
                            when i ride bullet before my bullet was solid condition but i once race with a Ceilo car and my engine size. mechancic say bullet is good bike but no racing. it is good for three people and very powerful.
                            one day when i become rich i but ducati and then I race with cars. not now.
                            kamlesh kanda
                            NO PACE TOO SLOW
                            IF you're at all going to be a respectable rider one day, leave your pride at the "door."

                            Comment


                            • <farfromnormal> dude we're still waiting for the video of the bike with the two bros end can. Could you please do that. Please please pretty please

                              <bluevolt> While you were in australia did you happen to come across any USD frks that were a direct fit for the baby ninja?? I've seen a couple on Kawiforums but couldn't get the link for them. IMO they completely metamorphose the look of the bike.
                              Last edited by anhil8tr; 12-27-2009, 07:11 PM.
                              respect ma authoritae!!

                              sigpic
                              • 2006 Pulsar 180 dtsi
                              • 2011 r15 V 2.0

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by anhil8tr View Post
                                <bluevolt> While you were in australia did you happen to come across any USD frks that were a direct fit for the baby ninja?? I've seen a couple on Kawiforums but couldn't get the link for them. IMO they completely metamorphose the look of the bike.
                                No, because I simply wasn't looking out for those! So I might have missed them even if they were lying in front of my eyes I will check on them the next time I am overseas.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X