Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Avoid staying around those big vehicles.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • this is not a fighting ground

    As i was told by one of the xbhp cum CBR owner that "reviews" and "VS" fight are different..so i think we should close this topic here...

    I pasted my views in wrong place, reviews are for reviews and fight's are at thier

    lets make this forums more interesting with sharing thoughts and experience..

    every one has rights to speak, anybodies one wrong or right statement won't wipe off the other statements made by other people.

    People will see and get what they want..so

    Be HAPPY and ride safe and buy what ever you all want..

    BUT I AM SURE I AM ON NINJA Side..


    OF THE TOPIC:

    I have booked Ninja Black with down payment of Rs 50,000, waiting period of 2-3 months...Sad very Sad...due to some quakes there...

    Thanks Nijitsu's for making me right to buy.

    i ws thinking to buy CBR for 1.6 lakhs for 250cc but when you all amde me clear with Ninja's in and out which made me buy..

    NINJA ROCKS!!!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by trustvishwas View Post
      You read wrong. I am over 7 Ft.

      My humble opinion is that for riders above 6 ft, both N250 & C250 are small. Your knees would be sticking out of fairing on both bikes. For your height, you would be better off with a bigger bike (provided your wallet/family confirms)



      I feel that your instructions are not correct. If you sit as far back as possible, you end up leaning more and putting more pressure on wrists. It does not serve any purpose and in fact restricts your ability to control your bike in tight situations.

      Buttocks have more fat than your wrists so there is no question of stress on buttocks.

      Try this position couple of times and let me know(I am talking about position on a bike & not somewhere else) : Keep max.2-3 inch between tank and croch. Place complete weight on your backside without any of it being transferred to your wrists. Hold accelerator only in thumb and index finger. Keep only toes on footrest. Your sitting posture should be placing all body weight on backside and none on wrists.

      Elbows need to be bent and not straight. All the riding jackets / suits are stitched in this way so actually straightening your elbow in a riding jacket is more difficult than keeping it bent.

      I am not responsible for any mishaps if you try this - Easiest way to check whether you are sitting correctly is to take both hands off handlebars and see whether your sitting position changes automatically. If it does, you need to rectify.



      Smaller parts are readily available but costlier parts need waiting.



      It is one of the most tame bikes I have ever seen. There is absolutely no question of taming it. It is sold as beginner's bike or ladies bike abroad. However, we have grown up on a staple of 4 stroke 100 cc bikes so it is a major leap for us.

      You have a run in period of 800+800 km where you should not exceed 4k & 6k rpm. Below 8k rpm, this bike is as docile as a house cat. Above 8k is something different but you would cross 8k only after riding 1600 km on it. So you would be used to riding it.

      Hey Thanks...this will surely help to maintain my Ninjs when it is comes,

      Comment


      • Originally posted by somen1984 View Post
        As i was told by one of the xbhp cum CBR owner that "reviews" and "VS" fight are different..so i think we should close this topic here...

        I pasted my views in wrong place, reviews are for reviews and fight's are at thier

        lets make this forums more interesting with sharing thoughts and experience..

        every one has rights to speak, anybodies one wrong or right statement won't wipe off the other statements made by other people.

        People will see and get what they want..so

        Be HAPPY and ride safe and buy what ever you all want..

        BUT I AM SURE I AM ON NINJA Side..


        OF THE TOPIC:

        I have booked Ninja Black with down payment of Rs 50,000, waiting period of 2-3 months...Sad very Sad...due to some quakes there...

        Thanks Nijitsu's for making me right to buy.

        i ws thinking to buy CBR for 1.6 lakhs for 250cc but when you all amde me clear with Ninja's in and out which made me buy..

        NINJA ROCKS!!!
        every one cannot afford ninja in 3 lac and its a dream to buy ninja of many bikers.
        and we cannot compare single cylinder bike wid twin cylinder.

        like 220 in 80 k and r15 in 1.20 lac but u spending 40 k more for 150cc then there must be something in that bike .

        only cbr has one gud thing in 1.80 lac is abs but personal opeinion i dont like it .i am feed up wid abs in my cars.
        Hero Honda Karizma: 2008 - SOLD
        Yamaha R15 : 2010 - SOLD
        Honda CBR 250R : 2011

        Comment


        • i'll probably getting my ebony ninja in the next 10 days

          1. where can i order a good tankpad online ?
          2. what is the best engine oil for the ninja ?
          3. can i start using xtra premium or just unleaded ?
          4. is it a good idea to switch to irridium spark plugs whenever i can ?
          5. whats the best tire pressure for the ninja ? will be using nitrogen

          Comment


          • Originally posted by bikemanic View Post
            i'll probably getting my ebony ninja in the next 10 days

            1. where can i order a good tankpad online ?
            2. what is the best engine oil for the ninja ?
            3. can i start using xtra premium or just unleaded ?
            4. is it a good idea to switch to irridium spark plugs whenever i can ?
            5. whats the best tire pressure for the ninja ? will be using nitrogen
            1: You can order progrip/keiti tank pad at planet dsg website, will cost rs900.
            2: Company recommends 20W50, you can use Motul, use mineral oil for 1st 5000kms.
            3: use Unadulterated fuel, plain unleaded is good, I don't think xtra premium is good for long run.
            4: You can switch to NGK CR8EIX after 1st svc.(why would you want to open the fairings of your new bike?)
            5: 28psi- front
            32psi-rear
            don't know about filling nitrogen though.
            My Stable.....
            Yamaha Libero G5 (2008-present)
            Yamaha YZF-R15 (2009-Present)
            Kawasaki Ninja 250R (2011-Present)

            Comment


            • Hey Guys!
              Last week I fitted the FZ-16 hugger to my Ninja with the help of BV's detailed log

              Total amount spent:
              FZ-16 Hugger: Rs. 95/-
              Hugger Cutting with Carpenters Help: Rs. 10/-
              Cable Ties: 2 for fitting and 3 for spare: Rs 10/-
              ------------------------------------------------------
              Total: Rs. 115/-

              I am not as much DIY person as BV...
              So did the marking on one side of the hugger and got it cut with a carpenter near our home
              Yet to cover the cable tie's with black insulation tape

              Below are some pics clicked with my phone






              The Cable Tie's



              Comment


              • ^^^

                Friend will this be OK when you ride at high speed...

                Becuase i feel like it is with plastic so i doubt..but it's looking nice...

                Comment


                • Originally posted by kiran_borra View Post
                  Hey Guys!
                  Last week I fitted the FZ-16 hugger to my Ninja with the help of BV's detailed log

                  Total amount spent:
                  FZ-16 Hugger: Rs. 95/-
                  Hugger Cutting with Carpenters Help: Rs. 10/-
                  Cable Ties: 2 for fitting and 3 for spare: Rs 10/-
                  ------------------------------------------------------
                  Total: Rs. 115/-

                  I am not as much DIY person as BV...
                  So did the marking on one side of the hugger and got it cut with a carpenter near our home
                  Yet to cover the cable tie's with black insulation tape
                  Nice work!

                  Originally posted by somen1984 View Post
                  Friend will this be OK when you ride at high speed...

                  Becuase i feel like it is with plastic so i doubt..but it's looking nice...
                  I now own bluevolt's ride and I haven't noticed anything unusual. Tested at upto 140kmph today... thought I admit I wasn't listening for hugger vibes at the time

                  Finally got a chance to stretch my Ninja legs today morning. Decided to do the usual Blr-Maddur CCD thing (though I stopped at Channapatna instead). Had just one slightly close shave when an ultra-long trailer entered the highway a 100m ahead, without waiting for a clear road, and blocked both lanes. Just put his hand out and barged in while I kept thinking he'll slow down and let me pass. 100m is not a whole lot when you're doing over a hundred, but safe enough on this bike. Feels good to cruise at a hundred, knowing you have plenty on tap for any overtaking manoeuvres. Terrible traffic/roads a bit before the Rajarajeshwari temple with all the construction in progress though. Not what you want to see on a Sunday morning. The highways make up for any in-city aggravation so no complaints!
                  When the body wanders, the mind rests.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by kiran_borra View Post
                    Hey Guys!
                    Last week I fitted the FZ-16 hugger to my Ninja with the help of BV's detailed log

                    Total amount spent:
                    FZ-16 Hugger: Rs. 95/-
                    Hugger Cutting with Carpenters Help: Rs. 10/-
                    Cable Ties: 2 for fitting and 3 for spare: Rs 10/-
                    ------------------------------------------------------
                    Total: Rs. 115/-

                    I am not as much DIY person as BV...
                    So did the marking on one side of the hugger and got it cut with a carpenter near our home
                    Yet to cover the cable tie's with black insulation tape
                    Neatly done! Next could be me posting the same if I can't find a rear hugger within my budget...
                    Last edited by The Celebrity; 10-03-2011, 12:59 AM.
                    To be The Best, You got to beat The Celebrity...
                    xBHP Trivandrum ICE sheet
                    - RX 100 ('87)
                    - Ninja 250 ('10)
                    - Impulse ('11)
                    - Tiger 800 ('20)

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by kiran_borra View Post
                      Hey Guys!
                      Last week I fitted the FZ-16 hugger to my Ninja with the help of BV's detailed log

                      Total amount spent:
                      FZ-16 Hugger: Rs. 95/-
                      Hugger Cutting with Carpenters Help: Rs. 10/-
                      Cable Ties: 2 for fitting and 3 for spare: Rs 10/-
                      ------------------------------------------------------
                      Total: Rs. 115/-

                      I am not as much DIY person as BV...
                      So did the marking on one side of the hugger and got it cut with a carpenter near our home
                      Yet to cover the cable tie's with black insulation tape

                      [/IMG]
                      You did well! Great job, and for that price, it is really worth it.

                      Originally posted by somen1984 View Post
                      Friend will this be OK when you ride at high speed...

                      Becuase i feel like it is with plastic so i doubt..but it's looking nice...
                      The plastic hugger has been tested for more than 20,000 kms without any issues. Ty raps last incredibly long - as long as you don't cut it too close to the grips.

                      Originally posted by EverShine View Post
                      Nice work!

                      I now own bluevolt's ride and I haven't noticed anything unusual. Tested at upto 140kmph today... thought I admit I wasn't listening for hugger vibes at the time

                      Finally got a chance to stretch my Ninja legs today morning. Decided to do the usual Blr-Maddur CCD thing (though I stopped at Channapatna instead). Had just one slightly close shave when an ultra-long trailer entered the highway a 100m ahead, without waiting for a clear road, and blocked both lanes. Just put his hand out and barged in while I kept thinking he'll slow down and let me pass. 100m is not a whole lot when you're doing over a hundred, but safe enough on this bike. Feels good to cruise at a hundred, knowing you have plenty on tap for any overtaking manoeuvres. Terrible traffic/roads a bit before the Rajarajeshwari temple with all the construction in progress though. Not what you want to see on a Sunday morning. The highways make up for any in-city aggravation so no complaints!
                      Ah - the last the highways for you! Fun, isn't it? I do find the weekends un-fun now - hope I get a replacement worthy of the Ninja 250R soon!

                      That said, ride safe, gear up and stay away from crazy loons on the road even if you have to swallow your ego a bit.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by somen1984 View Post
                        Friend will this be OK when you ride at high speed...

                        Becuase i feel like it is with plastic so i doubt..but it's looking nice...
                        Tested it for around 300kms and no problems as of now and as BV said its tested for more than 20k kms which is a benchmark in itself

                        Originally posted by EverShine View Post
                        Nice work!

                        I now own bluevolt's ride and I haven't noticed anything unusual. Tested at upto 140kmph today... thought I admit I wasn't listening for hugger vibes at the time

                        Finally got a chance to stretch my Ninja legs today morning. Decided to do the usual Blr-Maddur CCD thing (though I stopped at Channapatna instead). Had just one slightly close shave when an ultra-long trailer entered the highway a 100m ahead, without waiting for a clear road, and blocked both lanes. Just put his hand out and barged in while I kept thinking he'll slow down and let me pass. 100m is not a whole lot when you're doing over a hundred, but safe enough on this bike. Feels good to cruise at a hundred, knowing you have plenty on tap for any overtaking manoeuvres. Terrible traffic/roads a bit before the Rajarajeshwari temple with all the construction in progress though. Not what you want to see on a Sunday morning. The highways make up for any in-city aggravation so no complaints!
                        Nice!
                        Take good care of our Legend's bike

                        Originally posted by The Celebrity View Post
                        Needly done! Next could be me posting the same if I can't find a rear hugger within my budget...
                        Go for it bro...
                        Its more than worth it and a perfect fit!

                        Originally posted by bluevolt View Post
                        You did well! Great job, and for that price, it is really worth it.
                        Feels great listening from the legend himself

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by kiran_borra View Post
                          Hey Guys!
                          Last week I fitted the FZ-16 hugger to my Ninja with the help of BV's detailed log

                          Total amount spent:
                          FZ-16 Hugger: Rs. 95/-
                          Hugger Cutting with Carpenters Help: Rs. 10/-
                          Cable Ties: 2 for fitting and 3 for spare: Rs 10/-
                          ------------------------------------------------------
                          Total: Rs. 115/-

                          I am not as much DIY person as BV...
                          So did the marking on one side of the hugger and got it cut with a carpenter near our home
                          Yet to cover the cable tie's with black insulation tape
                          Nicely done Kiran

                          I too have done all the cutting with the hugger but too lazy to just get it fixed on to the bike.
                          One thing, FZ hugger cost to you just 95 INR but I got it for 155 INR a month back .

                          Comment


                          • The Ninja feels bigger than any comparable motorcycle in India, save the CBR250. The only issue I have faced so far is that while taking feet-up U turns on narrow roads, I've hit my knee with the handlebar. Other people think that the motorcycle looks small on me - until they see me riding the R15. Don't you love perspective?

                            An option to Vishwas's throttle grip is holding the throttle with thumb and all fingers except for the index finger. I find resting it on the brake lever helps me judge throttle openings better, and my middle finger finds the brake lever quickly (apparently you're supposed to brake with the first two fingers on the lever) because I already know how far away it is. Advanced riders find that this grip helps with throttle blips while downshifting - the only rider I know of at professional level who doesn't use this technique is the great Valentino Rossi.

                            Originally posted by soojy007 View Post
                            guys today i visited trivandrum-probiking to have a good look at my going-to-be ride. They have the old 2008 demo model (black analogue) for display. Console was all dusty and looked too plasticky, I guess the 2011 white analogue compliments the black background and wouldn't look so dull, or may be it was because of the dust. (please find the pic attached)

                            Moving on, I sat on it to have a feel. I am a bit over 6Ft and if I sit properly I feel like my legs are cramped and if I move back a little I feel like my arms are stretching too much, couldnt hit the right balance. May be just a matter of time in adjusting to sitting posture (the bike was clamped to the ground at the rear).

                            After that I went onto honda showroom, the cbr250 didn't feel cramped at all, I was right at home.

                            I have the money to book the ninja without a sweat and my mind is with the baby ninja. So are the "May bes" I listed above just psychogenic?.

                            PS:
                            My old ride was a 150cc pulsar dtsi, and I haven't ridden a bike in the last 2+ years and would have to mature to a sporty riding position I suppose.

                            Comment


                            • I'm no DIY Guy, but the pricing of Rs.1400 for a single indicator made me think otherwise. I met with an accident couple of weeks back and not replacing the indicator was as thought i left a scar on my face. I did look around a lot in the market and finally zeroed on TVS Jive's Indicators as a replacement for the original indicators (Thanks to PSR for the tip).

                              The price of TVS Jive's Indicator is 160 Rs. The Ninja's original indicators is touted at approx 1400 Rs (+ labour + tax). For starters, The TVS Jive's Indicators look identical to the one Ninja uses, but the mounting is different in Ninja, but all others are the same. The bulb, the housing, size, wires and the connectors!

                              This is how my bike looked after the accident. The mount point thankfully did not break, which in a way helped me replace the indicators with ease.



                              This is how the TVS Jive's Indicator looks (like an exploded View) - The visor and bulb was taken off . To do so, simple unscrew the two screws behind the bulb and open up the bulb cover and bulb.



                              Then, carefully take off the silver colour housing using the small gap provided on either side of the housing.



                              Carefully removed the outer shell (black colour housing) and fix it back on the bike.





                              Now, Connect back the silver colour housing on the black colour cover, connect the connectors with the silver colour housing. The black colour wire (Ground) would be the shorter and the green is longer.



                              Once connected, plug in the bulb, put on the cover and test if it is working fine - if it does, tighten the two screws present behind the bulb.



                              If your full indicator is broken, you can remove the screw next to the indicator like the one shown below - and directly host the TVS Jive indicator. You may need some modification like attaching a nut from inside the fairing onto the Jive's indicator.




                              I have saved about 1250 + Labour + Tax in this set up and i dont need to go back to bajaj for an indicator anymore

                              And, I set up the Rear Hugger too! Had some issue fitting it as the hugger was a little close to the right sidewall of the tyre, and the caliper wire was protruding and pushing the hugger a bit - so had to manually cut the place where the caliper wire was coming in contact with the hugger. Now fits and gels well with the bike!



                              Special thanks to PSR for all the help, and please correct me if i have gone wrong anywhere. Thanks!
                              Photo Gallery[/B]

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Ananth View Post
                                I'm no DIY Guy, but the pricing of Rs.1400 for a single indicator made me think otherwise. I met with an accident couple of weeks back and not replacing the indicator was as thought i left a scar on my face. I did look around a lot in the market and finally zeroed on TVS Jive's Indicators as a replacement for the original indicators (Thanks to PSR for the tip).

                                The price of TVS Jive's Indicator is 160 Rs. The Ninja's original indicators is touted at approx 1400 Rs (+ labour + tax). For starters, The TVS Jive's Indicators look identical to the one Ninja uses, but the mounting is different in Ninja, but all others are the same. The bulb, the housing, size, wires and the connectors!
                                Special thanks to PSR for all the help, and please correct me if i have gone wrong anywhere. Thanks!
                                Thanks to your D I Y enthusiasm I got the opportunity to learn something new ,along with you to-day..I wish to add the following from my side as my observation..
                                1. The TVS Jive and OE Indicators were physically same in all aspects,except the mounting rubber ,and it's anchor to the bike's body..this is evident from your Graphic pictures..
                                2. The rubber mount is locked to the indicator housing by the reflector's twin protrusions acting like circlip on the groove on the fixing rubber .So by fixing the reflector in place,on the housing the unit is locked to the rubber mount.


                                3. The two connecting leads are color coded ..Black with white stripe is the -ve or ground connection,and the Green is the positive from flasher unit.
                                4. There is just one screw at the back of indicator housing,to remove the front diffuser cover..The Reflector is snap fit on the black housing through small protrusions at the top and bottom...

                                Thank you once again for the opportunity to learn.
                                Last edited by psr; 10-03-2011, 09:36 PM.
                                When Was The Last Time,You Did Something For The First Time.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X