Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

The slower the vehicle, the quicker it can turn.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What's the price of the front fairing?
    Had a fall and the front fairing is slightly broken
    My Stable.....
    Yamaha Libero G5 (2008-present)
    Yamaha YZF-R15 (2009-Present)
    Kawasaki Ninja 250R (2011-Present)

    Comment


    • Originally posted by n_aditya View Post
      Thanks for the update Vishwas. Me thinks the problem is with the tires. I experienced this headshake even when the bike was spanking new.... so i doubt if it has to do with the rims.... since new rims wont be bent, it might be due to the tires.

      I shall check with Asim (killer instinct) on this as he has changed both the front and rear tires on his bike to Pirelli Sport Demon.
      I had checked with stock tires and Pirelli Sports Demon both. The bike displays headshake.
      Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and then beat you with experience.

      Check out my Ladakh travelogue - Ladakh Ride 2010

      If you are getting bored with nothing to do in office check out my Rajasthan travelogue - Rajasthan Ride 2012

      Bank loans for used superbikes is possible - Bank loans for used superbikes

      Comment


      • hi guys, this is my first post on xbhp.
        I got my 250R on October 28, 2011. Finished the 1st service on November 22.
        I have been having problems with the gear shift from 5th to 6th. Its really hard and sometimes its stuck somewhere in between and makes a loud noise.
        I have gone through most of the 700 odd pages and have seen that the Bajaj oil is no good. Now my odo reads 2200 kms and i need some inputs on which oil to use. I used shell HX-3 20W-50 mineral oil for my Electra for many years and have faced no issues. Can i get the same oil and ask the pro biking guys to use that?
        What is the best mineral oil available in the market?
        Thanks.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by prime_yogi View Post
          hi guys, this is my first post on xbhp.
          I got my 250R on October 28, 2011. Finished the 1st service on November 22.
          I have been having problems with the gear shift from 5th to 6th. Its really hard and sometimes its stuck somewhere in between and makes a loud noise.
          I have gone through most of the 700 odd pages and have seen that the Bajaj oil is no good. Now my odo reads 2200 kms and i need some inputs on which oil to use. I used shell HX-3 20W-50 mineral oil for my Electra for many years and have faced no issues. Can i get the same oil and ask the pro biking guys to use that?
          What is the best mineral oil available in the market?
          Thanks.
          I would not say it is the best, but many of us were using the Motul 3000 15W50 Mineral oil initially. No Idea about Shell Oils, but if it is 20W50 there would be no harm in using it.

          Yes you can get the Oil from outside and ask the PBK guys to change it for you. It would also be a good idea to change the oil filter especially while changing the oil brand/type.


          Oh And welcome to the Club
          Last edited by firen; 12-14-2011, 01:41 PM.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by prime_yogi View Post
            hi guys, this is my first post on xbhp.
            I got my 250R on October 28, 2011. Finished the 1st service on November 22.
            I have been having problems with the gear shift from 5th to 6th. Its really hard and sometimes its stuck somewhere in between and makes a loud noise.
            I have gone through most of the 700 odd pages and have seen that the Bajaj oil is no good. Now my odo reads 2200 kms and i need some inputs on which oil to use. I used shell HX-3 20W-50 mineral oil for my Electra for many years and have faced no issues. Can i get the same oil and ask the pro biking guys to use that?
            What is the best mineral oil available in the market?
            Thanks.
            Motul Motul 3000 15W50 is a better option, my bike has done 13000kms and I haven't found any problems with the gear shift. Bajaj guys put Castrol here in Delhi (Semi Synth one), try changing the oil and see if that makes any difference, else reach out the service guys and ask them to inspect the clutch plates. How was the bikes intial run? Was it ripped hard?
            sigpic

            Trip To Binsar
            http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...5&l=ecf7a42b54

            Trip To Shimla
            http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...5&l=fb64d58efa

            Comment


            • Originally posted by firen View Post
              I would not say it is the best, but many of us were using the Motul 3000 15W50 Mineral oil initially. No Idea about Shell Oils, but if it is 20W50 there would be no harm in using it.

              Yes you can get the Oil from outside and ask the PBK guys to change it for you. It would also be a good idea to change the oil filter especially while changing the oil brand/type.


              Oh And welcome to the Club
              Thanks
              Shell Helix HX3 exceeds these specifications: 20W50 Viscosity Grade, API SG/CD.
              This is what i found on the shell site. So i am not sure whether i should just go ahead and try it out.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Midnight View Post
                Motul Motul 3000 15W50 is a better option, my bike has done 13000kms and I haven't found any problems with the gear shift. Bajaj guys put Castrol here in Delhi (Semi Synth one), try changing the oil and see if that makes any difference, else reach out the service guys and ask them to inspect the clutch plates. How was the bikes intial run? Was it ripped hard?
                The gear shifting problem has been from the day i got the bike. It is just that i find the shift from 5th to 6th is not as smooth as the shifts from 1-2-3-4-5.
                I followed the run in religiously.
                0 - 800 kms - 4000-4500 rpm max
                801 - 1600kms - 6000 - 7000 rpm max
                1601 - 1700kms - 8000 rpm
                1701 - 1900kms - 9000 rpm
                1901 - 2100kms - have maximum taken it up to 10500rpm
                Now i have done 2200 kms wouldn't it be too soon to switch to semi-synthetic.
                The bike was never ripped hard. Even these higher rpms were always done in top gear and not at lower gears.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by prime_yogi View Post
                  I have been having problems with the gear shift from 5th to 6th. Its really hard and sometimes its stuck somewhere in between and makes a loud noise.

                  I used shell HX-3 20W-50 mineral oil for my Electra for many years and have faced no issues. Can i get the same oil and ask the pro biking guys to use that? What is the best mineral oil available in the market?
                  I would advise you to take the bike to PBK and get it checked without delay. Seems like a clutch adjustment issue to me but i can't be really sure.

                  Regarding engine oil, i would recommend Motul mineral 20w50 or 15w50. 15w50 is slightly thinner and will circulate faster in cold starts and also have little less strain on the oil pump (plus lesser engine wear). Both grades are good. If you can find 15w50 then go for it. Switch to Motul 5100 15w50 semi synth after 5-6k kms if you want to.

                  Regarding oil, ensure it is confirming to JASO MA (API SG, SJ, SL) specs and is designed for use on bikes with a wet clutch. Refer to the manual for more info.

                  Originally posted by firen View Post
                  Yes you can get the Oil from outside and ask the PBK guys to change it for you. It would also be a good idea to change the oil filter especially while changing the oil brand/type.
                  +1. Change the oil filter if you are switching the engine oil from one brand and grade to another.

                  Originally posted by prime_yogi View Post
                  Shell Helix HX3 exceeds these specifications: 20W50 Viscosity Grade, API SG/CD. This is what i found on the shell site. So i am not sure whether i should just go ahead and try it out.
                  Check the owners manual and confirm if the oil meets the required specs like i have mentioned earlier. Must be designed for wet clutch and confirm to API specs as specified in the manual.
                  ATGATT - Because hospital ceilings are boring !!!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by hellbreaker46 View Post
                    What's the price of the front fairing?
                    Had a fall and the front fairing is slightly broken
                    If you are referring to the headlight cowl, IIRC it costs around 8k something plus taxes and labor. Since its plastic you will only get 50% of the claim amount if you're going to claim insurance.

                    Originally posted by trustvishwas View Post
                    I had checked with stock tires and Pirelli Sports Demon both. The bike displays headshake.
                    Oh ! Would a steering damper help in eliminating this issue completely? I let go of the bars last week and it was like a tankslapper. Very scary. Just to be safe i ensured that my hands were right above the bars so i could grab onto them if it got worse.
                    ATGATT - Because hospital ceilings are boring !!!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by n_aditya View Post
                      Oh ! Would a steering damper help in eliminating this issue completely?
                      My technical knowledge hovers between Nil & Slim so can't answer that.

                      Originally posted by n_aditya View Post
                      I let go of the bars last week and it was like a tankslapper. Very scary. Just to be safe i ensured that my hands were right above the bars so i could grab onto them if it got worse.
                      It is downright scary but the bike continues to go in straight line so don't worry. You would get used to it.
                      Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and then beat you with experience.

                      Check out my Ladakh travelogue - Ladakh Ride 2010

                      If you are getting bored with nothing to do in office check out my Rajasthan travelogue - Rajasthan Ride 2012

                      Bank loans for used superbikes is possible - Bank loans for used superbikes

                      Comment


                      • Hi Guys!
                        I have been following this thread pretty silently, Great thead!
                        thought i'd give my thoughts on the head shake issue that aditya is facing.
                        Adi: I fart around with my RD myself and had a similar issue with the head shake. I'd suggest you have a look at your steering bearing if possible. It could be either busted OR just simply loose. Hope you get to the bottom of it.
                        Cheers,
                        Kapil

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by wolfy View Post
                          I'd suggest you have a look at your steering bearing if possible. It could be either busted OR just simply loose. Hope you get to the bottom of it.
                          Cheers,
                          Kapil
                          They have already been checked twice by PBK service guys under supervision of Bajaj Service Head for Maharashtra. Still headshake continues.
                          Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and then beat you with experience.

                          Check out my Ladakh travelogue - Ladakh Ride 2010

                          If you are getting bored with nothing to do in office check out my Rajasthan travelogue - Rajasthan Ride 2012

                          Bank loans for used superbikes is possible - Bank loans for used superbikes

                          Comment


                          • Hi,


                            My bike has done 800 Kms and just finished the first service. In the first service i changed to semi-synthetic oil (Shell 20W50) and the oil filter.
                            I am facing issues of gear slips in my ninja. It is not consistent as in, from a particular gear to the next or in certain speeds. Not sure if there is an issue with the bike's gear or clutch or if the issue is with my way of riding. If any of you have faced similar issue please share. The issue has been there for some time and not just after the first service.

                            Comment


                            • hi bala

                              Originally posted by Balaboy View Post
                              Hi,


                              My bike has done 800 Kms and just finished the first service. In the first service i changed to semi-synthetic oil (Shell 20W50) and the oil filter.
                              I am facing issues of gear slips in my ninja. It is not consistent as in, from a particular gear to the next or in certain speeds. Not sure if there is an issue with the bike's gear or clutch or if the issue is with my way of riding. If any of you have faced similar issue please share. The issue has been there for some time and not just after the first service.
                              brother what is the specification of the shell oil. Is it ment for the wet clutch. plz provide some more inputs. Since u have shifted to semi synthetic oil at 800. i would nt have done that so early. however semi synthetic oil is also 70% mineral. Brothers correct me..
                              U should have waited for atleast 5k to shift to ss oil.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by koolscorp View Post
                                brother what is the specification of the shell oil. Is it ment for the wet clutch. plz provide some more inputs. Since u have shifted to semi synthetic oil at 800. i would nt have done that so early. however semi synthetic oil is also 70% mineral. Brothers correct me..
                                U should have waited for atleast 5k to shift to ss oil.
                                Its Shell Helix HX3 (20W-50) multigrade. Its says on the bottle that is suitable for vehicles requiring specification API SG/CD. But this gear slip is not just started now, it has been there for sometime and if i remember correctly, its beenthere from from 200 kms.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X