Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Look further to stay alive.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by prajwalkashyap View Post
    Have booking and deliveries in Bangalore started? An acquaintance of mine seems interested and he was asking me this too.

    Prajwal

    This is Out of the Topic question.

    You can check the below link

    http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/news/897...nally-199.html

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by whizzkid_ram View Post
      @ tenhut

      1st of all congos on getting your ride...,,Btw, your riding gear & the lid totally unmatches the color of your green devil
      Thats true mate ! Fishing for a kawi green safety gear is a big task in my city. I have already ordered one from abroad so have to do with red till then.
      I hope the harsh colour mismatches lead to all possible four wheelers and multiple axel behemonths seeing me pellucidly in all their mirrors

      I rode 160 kms again today. Infact all I am doing is waking up early in the morning and slipping into my safety gear. Then I bring the baby Ninja off the stand,a slight touch to the starter and my garage reverberates with a sound that I personally love more than any other aftermarket cans ( I had just made an enquiry with DreamBikes Showroom if they had any aftermarket cans and they had said that some Two Brothers costing approx. 17k were already on the sea. I am not so keen on getting them now.

      The bike rode well today. During yesterdays 140 Kms the Ninja seemed to have studied/scaned the roads I travelled yesterday in microscopic details. Yes, that certainly must have been the case for the way the bike handled on the same stretch of road ( Mumbai Pune old highway ) today was crazy. Its braking ability is simpy breathtaking for me. Its like, pressing on the brakes is always bringing in the stopping power with surgical precision. Just the right amount ! Not too much not too less. Perfect !

      The suspension however is too hard on me. Every bloody uneven surface is felt at the surface of the seat. Although I prefer stiff suspensions on cars having a stiff suspension on the bike was a whole different experience which i quite didnt like. I dont know if it has anything to do with personal tastes though !

      Having ridden 140 kms yesterday and 160 kms today i do not see my body complaining at all. There is no sore back or any pain in my palms or anything. But I do find myself changing my riding postures while on the bike quite often. Dont know if thats a negative.

      On monday at 350 Kms I am gonna get the oil changed to check for any metal fillings. Will doing it myself violate the warranty ?

      I wonder how good the bike will handle the more I start being ONE with it.
      sigpic
      when i ride bullet before my bullet was solid condition but i once race with a Ceilo car and my engine size. mechancic say bullet is good bike but no racing. it is good for three people and very powerful.
      one day when i become rich i but ducati and then I race with cars. not now.
      kamlesh kanda
      NO PACE TOO SLOW
      IF you're at all going to be a respectable rider one day, leave your pride at the "door."

      Comment


      • #63
        yipeeeeee!!! I finally got my black Ninja on Friday evening. Sorry for posting this late. But here goes......

        Fire up the engine and it seems that there are 2 heavy bass drums playing behind your ears. The gear shift is pretty slick. As you put the bike in motion, the sound becomes more heavy and throaty.

        I haven't run the bike beyond 4K RPM due to the run-in period of 800 kms. But in 6th gear at 4K rpm, the bike sounds just like any normal bike. I still have to wait till the run-in period to experience the thrill.

        As I was riding in peak traffic hours, the engine temperature went above the mid level mark which got me worried. I called up the pro-biking manager there and then but he assured me that there was nothing to worry about on that front. The engine is very responsive and you really have to curb yourself down to keep it in that 4K limit.

        You can only use petrol with power boosters in it, the normal one won't do!! Seating position is a bit low just like many super bikes but it's really comfortable, I rode about 50-55 kms. on the first day and it wasn't tiring at all. The front disc is really cushion like and spot on. The rear view mirrors offer good enough view of who's behind you and trying to get a peek of your bike.

        Well that's it which I can write now. Will post some pics in a short while. And by the way, congrats to all Ninja brothers who have been blessed with this superb piece of machinery.

        Kudos to Bajaj for letting us get our hands on this one.

        Comment


        • #64
          Hey good going Dushyant! I was actually wondering when would you be posting your experience with the bike! Now you have... looking forward to some pictures pronto!

          Comment


          • #65
            @Dushyant: Congrats for getting your black beast! Good to see another Delhi xBhpian getting his 250R!
            :)

            Comment


            • #66
              tx aryan and bluevolt!

              Comment


              • #67
                How about posting some pics of the "new" black ninja too?
                " I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not" - Kurt Cobain

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by dushyant View Post
                  yipeeeeee!!! I finally got my black Ninja on Friday evening.
                  I haven't run the bike beyond 4K RPM due to the run-in period of 800 kms. But in 6th gear at 4K rpm, the bike sounds just like any normal bike. I still have to wait till the run-in period to experience the thrill.
                  Congrats mate ! I can correspond with how you must have felt when the needle in the temperature dial was gunning for the red area. It happened to me too. But that happens only in the city. On the highway its only 1/4th in the lower half of the dial.

                  about the run in period. Well...like they say...anyone who is not a member of the clergy wont be able to keep this bike under 4 k. Its just plain impossible !
                  sigpic
                  when i ride bullet before my bullet was solid condition but i once race with a Ceilo car and my engine size. mechancic say bullet is good bike but no racing. it is good for three people and very powerful.
                  one day when i become rich i but ducati and then I race with cars. not now.
                  kamlesh kanda
                  NO PACE TOO SLOW
                  IF you're at all going to be a respectable rider one day, leave your pride at the "door."

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by TenHut View Post
                    Thats true mate ! Fishing for a kawi green safety gear is a big task in my city. I have already ordered one from abroad so have to do with red till then.
                    I hope the harsh colour mismatches lead to all possible four wheelers and multiple axel behemonths seeing me pellucidly in all their mirrors

                    I rode 160 kms again today. Infact all I am doing is waking up early in the morning and slipping into my safety gear. Then I bring the baby Ninja off the stand,a slight touch to the starter and my garage reverberates with a sound that I personally love more than any other aftermarket cans ( I had just made an enquiry with DreamBikes Showroom if they had any aftermarket cans and they had said that some Two Brothers costing approx. 17k were already on the sea. I am not so keen on getting them now.

                    The bike rode well today. During yesterdays 140 Kms the Ninja seemed to have studied/scaned the roads I travelled yesterday in microscopic details. Yes, that certainly must have been the case for the way the bike handled on the same stretch of road ( Mumbai Pune old highway ) today was crazy. Its braking ability is simpy breathtaking for me. Its like, pressing on the brakes is always bringing in the stopping power with surgical precision. Just the right amount ! Not too much not too less. Perfect !

                    The suspension however is too hard on me. Every bloody uneven surface is felt at the surface of the seat. Although I prefer stiff suspensions on cars having a stiff suspension on the bike was a whole different experience which i quite didnt like. I dont know if it has anything to do with personal tastes though !

                    Having ridden 140 kms yesterday and 160 kms today i do not see my body complaining at all. There is no sore back or any pain in my palms or anything. But I do find myself changing my riding postures while on the bike quite often. Dont know if thats a negative.

                    On monday at 350 Kms I am gonna get the oil changed to check for any metal fillings. Will doing it myself violate the warranty ?

                    I wonder how good the bike will handle the more I start being ONE with it.
                    stick to the grading of the oil.... first get it checked if some special tol set is needed or not.. if not then i think u can do it safely..but dnt tell probiking guys wen is the first service brother? which oil is to be used?

                    upload some pics too..
                    Last edited by worrisomebear; 10-25-2009, 06:22 PM.
                    M3:15

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      @ dushyant

                      Congos on getting your ride...Its hard to complete the run in on any performance bike.....btw, good review from your side
                      B o D a C i O u S

                      Wander logue

                      Grand Southern Raid | Munnar | Yercaud | Ootacamund

                      The increase in performance is directly proportional to the size of the hole in your pocket :D

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        @Tenhut: Congrats for Ninja. There must be a adjustment screw to play around with Spring Compression, recoil etc or at least something on your front forks. Pls check manual. However its recommended that suspension should run in atleast 3k kms before tampering with it. This is so that suspension comes to its natural characteristics.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          First black ninja in Pune

                          Yippie. Got delivery of first Black Ninja in Pune.

                          xBhp.com : The Global Indian Biking Community - trustvishwas's Album: Ninja Photographs
                          Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and then beat you with experience.

                          Check out my Ladakh travelogue - Ladakh Ride 2010

                          If you are getting bored with nothing to do in office check out my Rajasthan travelogue - Rajasthan Ride 2012

                          Bank loans for used superbikes is possible - Bank loans for used superbikes

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Count me in for Mahabaleshwar . Finally there will be a Indian bike who will be able to cruise with My One.... Kidding!!

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              wanted to know what is the headlamp wattage of the ninja and how is the illumination atnight
                              Ajinkya

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by ajinkya View Post
                                wanted to know what is the headlamp wattage of the ninja and how is the illumination atnight
                                High Beam = 12 V 55 W x 2
                                Low Beam = 12 V 55 W

                                Illumination at night is superflous !
                                sigpic
                                when i ride bullet before my bullet was solid condition but i once race with a Ceilo car and my engine size. mechancic say bullet is good bike but no racing. it is good for three people and very powerful.
                                one day when i become rich i but ducati and then I race with cars. not now.
                                kamlesh kanda
                                NO PACE TOO SLOW
                                IF you're at all going to be a respectable rider one day, leave your pride at the "door."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X