Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Hot days = molten tar = slip/slide.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by ashutosh_x View Post
    Gentlemen,

    Very often I hear a high frequency noise from the front wheel (like the noise an iron nail would make when scrached against a smooth surface).

    The pune service station guys were claiming that it happens sometimes due to lack fo lubrication in the disc brake or when some dust particles get between the disc brake.

    I will appreciate any feedback on this before I send the bike to the service center for fixing this issue. The issue is not consistent and I dont hear this noise all the time. Hence it is very tough for me to explain it to the service engineers.

    -Ashutosh

    Its speedo wire where the fault lies. The same problem was faced by me on my P150, a couple of times i tightened the front wheel spokes. But, later found it to be speedo wire, the real culprit.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by ashutosh_x View Post
      Bluevolt brother...you are a pro!!
      First of all thanks for the suggestion. I shall implement it. Also, congratulations on your super ride the brief coverage of which was recently seen in Pune Mirror.

      To answer your question, there is no fixed steps that I have been able to gather to be able to hear this noise.

      Many a time, this noise starts once I revv the bike at about 80-100 kmph and then slow it down. After it is slowed down/while it is slowing down, the noise is heard (as I would not hear it due to the engine noise at high speeds plus the fact that the wheel is moving fast). Then if I keep riding the bike, I hear the noise which sounds something like (teent teent teent...like some nail rubbed against some surface. This noise is real high frequency noise). This noise is heard for some time and then stops without doing anything. Mostly it stops only after I stop the bike once and then start it again.

      Having said the above, it is true that the noise is heard loud and clear while slowing down and each 'beep' or whistle is heard for a longer time (which confirms that the sound is coming from the front wheel)

      One point : This noise has started only after the first service was done before which all was good
      -Ashutosh
      Hey, I had the same issue and bluevolt's suggestion should solve it...as always ... I had it fixed during the first service...

      Comment


      • @satyen -
        waiting period is 90 days still. ... as of 6th March in bangalore.

        i had booked it on saturday around 12 p.m. hence quoted 88 days and some hours as i posted my message on sunday evening ... priority is 39 in Green ... long wait ...

        but i'm not in town for almost a month in between so the wait will be lesser felt

        Comment


        • Originally posted by amitredefined View Post
          1. Why we have to keep bike started 2 mins before riding? I have to do it every morning and when I take couple of hours break. Its very irritating. Do we have a solution for this?
          The engine takes time to reach its optimum temperature, hence the lag is recommended
          something like--if you are asked to run while someone jolting you awake, you won't like it, but after a cuppa you shall be game

          2. Horn. Its very low
          You may upgrade, but at the cost of warranty, not recommended

          3. No center stand
          No sports bike have centre stand, for the fear of scraping while leaning like crazy in corners,
          get a paddock/racing stand

          4. How to pull the bike back when we have nothing to hold on at the back?
          By grabbing both the ends of handle bar, it isn't as easy but once you get the hang of it, won't be that difficult

          5. The light. People kill you by showing hand gestures
          learn to live with it,
          some jugaad can be done to make it de-active, but again wiring issues and the lamps are on for your own safety so that people can spot you

          Comment


          • 4. How to pull the bike back when we have nothing to hold on at the back?

            Sit on it, and push with your feet.

            3. Main stand - why?? why would u wanna use that?? its already been answered, but to add, a bike is more stable on a 3 point anchor ( front wheel, side stand, rear wheel ), than a 2 point anchor ( rear wheel and main stand ). Much easier for the bike to topple sideways if on the main than on the side stand ( unless youve parked on a broken road, or the bike is weighed down with a lot of luggage ).


            My offerings to the gods of speed -

            - KTM Duke 200
            - Yamaha RXZ 5 speed


            Comment


            • Originally posted by satyenpoojary View Post
              You are like my evil twin (or may be I am the evil one).. I work in Pune and ride back to mumbai (thane) on weekends!

              Anybody has an idea about how much waiting exists for the Ninja now (I saw a post saying 88days but no clue when he had booked it)

              and how would you rate Bajaj with respect to 1) Sales and 2)Service on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being best)
              Hey Satyen...Pune is 90 days...booked mine on 3rd March...they keep sayin its the worst case scenario...but gettin a feelin that it stretches a lill over 100...just hope it does not rain real bad wen I get mine...

              Comment


              • Originally posted by amitredefined View Post

                4. How to pull the bike back when we have nothing to hold on at the back?
                You can also hook your fingers in the bungee cord hook located on bottom of rear seat. Just check that your fingers are strong enough.
                Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and then beat you with experience.

                Check out my Ladakh travelogue - Ladakh Ride 2010

                If you are getting bored with nothing to do in office check out my Rajasthan travelogue - Rajasthan Ride 2012

                Bank loans for used superbikes is possible - Bank loans for used superbikes

                Comment


                • Originally posted by abhichotu.abhi View Post
                  Its speedo wire where the fault lies. The same problem was faced by me on my P150, a couple of times i tightened the front wheel spokes. But, later found it to be speedo wire, the real culprit.
                  Thanks dude!

                  Originally posted by gouravkatyal View Post
                  Hey, I had the same issue and bluevolt's suggestion should solve it...as always ... I had it fixed during the first service...
                  Good that you got it fixed. It can be very nagging and annoying.
                  As I said, Bluevolt is a pro!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Itzli View Post
                    Posting a few pics taken by Niranjan and Sumanth at a Bangalorebikers meet in Bangalore. Just want to say thanx a lot guys.


                    Nicely done pics!

                    Comment


                    • Got a call that My bike is ready for delivery. It was a surprise as I was expecting sometime like end of march.
                      So need to gather the cash..In processof talking to the banks for the loan..
                      Please any body tell me what are the checks and preparations I should do before taking the delivery..
                      I would be highly thankful if any existing ninja owner from Indiranagar could come along with me.. I know that Rahul (Bluevolt sir) lives somewhr nearby.

                      Comment


                      • [QUOTE=sheelpriye;390540]The engine takes time to reach its optimum temperature, hence the lag is recommended
                        something like--if you are asked to run while someone jolting you awake, you won't like it, but after a cuppa you shall be game

                        Hey guys: i thought you just need to ride at lower rpms when your engine is cold so that oil can flow through the engine. In about 5-7 minutes of riding the engine temperature is good & you can rip it! correct?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by ashutosh_x View Post
                          Nicely done pics!
                          really good pics

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Wolfpack View Post
                            Got a call that My bike is ready for delivery. It was a surprise as I was expecting sometime like end of march.
                            So need to gather the cash..In processof talking to the banks for the loan..
                            Please any body tell me what are the checks and preparations I should do before taking the delivery..
                            I would be highly thankful if any existing ninja owner from Indiranagar could come along with me.. I know that Rahul (Bluevolt sir) lives somewhr nearby.
                            I would have LOVED to come my friend, but I am in Delhi these days and then off to the US for ten days. Back in Bangalore around March 24th...

                            Prasanna will do the PDI, but from your part, just make sure that there is no external damage/scratches, tyre cuts, chain is lubricated and also that all electricals work at the time of delivery. And they will fill a few litres of petrol (four? I forgot)so that you can ride for 80-100 kms before the fuel runs out. And all documentation should be there except the RC smart card, which will arrive after a month or so.

                            99.9% of the time, there will be no issues though.

                            And... fold out the RVM mirrors when you start riding! I realised that only after a few minutes into riding that my mirrors were still folded

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Wolfpack View Post
                              Got a call that My bike is ready for delivery. It was a surprise as I was expecting sometime like end of march.
                              So need to gather the cash..In processof talking to the banks for the loan..
                              Please any body tell me what are the checks and preparations I should do before taking the delivery..
                              I would be highly thankful if any existing ninja owner from Indiranagar could come along with me.. I know that Rahul (Bluevolt sir) lives somewhr nearby.
                              I stay 50m from Khivraj . Give me a ring when you are going for delivery. PMing you my phone no.
                              sigpicI feel like Clark Kent on the streets riding the Pulsar, On the track.. with my Ninja.. I feel like Superman.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by bluevolt View Post
                                I would have LOVED to come my friend, but I am in Delhi these days and then off to the US for ten days. Back in Bangalore around March 24th...

                                Prasanna will do the PDI, but from your part, just make sure that there is no external damage/scratches, tyre cuts, chain is lubricated and also that all electricals work at the time of delivery. And they will fill a few litres of petrol (four? I forgot)so that you can ride for 80-100 kms before the fuel runs out. And all documentation should be there except the RC smart card, which will arrive after a month or so.

                                99.9% of the time, there will be no issues though.

                                And... fold out the RVM mirrors when you start riding! I realised that only after a few minutes into riding that my mirrors were still folded
                                Thanks a lot for such a quick response! Really appreciate it

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X