Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

WE DESIGN ON

Lenovo ThinkPad
Magazine
Castrol Power 1

Careful with that leaking water tanker ahead.

Our Partners

User Tag List

Page 6 of 521 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106506 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 5201
Like Tree4061Likes

Thread: Hero Moto Splendor/Joy/CD-Dawn/Passion

  1. #51
    Rusted
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Bhubaneshwar, Orissa, India, India
    Posts
    1,453
    Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onlinesatish View Post
    @sibun

    thats insane kms on the odo....!

    how many bore's have u changed till now?

    @rsk11584

    30k kms bore life way to short. may be the piston rings are fried. Find a good local mech. take help of other chennai xbhp members. Mine lasted for abt 80k kms. it could have lasted more, but i was responsible for its shortened life, i twice did not change the oil even after it had done 10k kms.

    And if you are lucky, battries do last that long if maintained properly!
    till now i have changed 2 bores only.
    the original was changed at 1.1 lacs km and the second one was changed after 95k km s i.e at 2.05 lacs km. usually i go for complete engine overhauling as my mechanic recommends it to increase new bore life.
    Wait for a detail log as presently i am out of town.

    @rsk11584
    the bore doesn't need replacing at 30k kms. usually the standard rings are loosing their sealing characteristics. what u do is that go for next oversize ring(0.25) and take the old bore and piston to lathe. then grind the ring gaps to required gap so that the ends do not touch each other and light slightly passes through the gaps. do not go for standard ring as it not be of any use.
    a good mechanic can do it for you and maximum cost will be Rs. 500. now the the new cylinder kits coming have more than required gaps and consume oil. so my mechanic installs new 0.25 size rings by grinding even on new bore. it gives much better compression.
    however run in has to b about 1500km s as it will be very tight clearance and will cause very high heating during run-in.
    Photo of my joy- http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/854067-post963.html-3.88 lac km cont....Ownership review of my joy- http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/832255-post608.html- slowly updating as and when getting time. HERO HONDA CBZ EXTREME(2011) - 47K KM AND COUNTINGhttp://www.xbhp.com/talkies/motorcyc...tml#post904152-carb tuning guide

  2. #52
    Addicted rsk11584's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    129
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sibun View Post
    till now i have changed 2 bores only.
    the original was changed at 1.1 lacs km and the second one was changed after 95k km s i.e at 2.05 lacs km. usually i go for complete engine overhauling as my mechanic recommends it to increase new bore life.
    Wait for a detail log as presently i am out of town.

    @rsk11584
    the bore doesn't need replacing at 30k kms. usually the standard rings are loosing their sealing characteristics. what u do is that go for next oversize ring(0.25) and take the old bore and piston to lathe. then grind the ring gaps to required gap so that the ends do not touch each other and light slightly passes through the gaps. do not go for standard ring as it not be of any use.
    a good mechanic can do it for you and maximum cost will be Rs. 500. now the the new cylinder kits coming have more than required gaps and consume oil. so my mechanic installs new 0.25 size rings by grinding even on new bore. it gives much better compression.
    however run in has to b about 1500km s as it will be very tight clearance and will cause very high heating during run-in.


    Standard rings means what?? I did not understand the next oversize ring, and what to do with lathe? is there any good mechanic in chennai who will know these things?? Because a mechanic unknowing taking the bore to lathe and grinding it might make things more worse . Technically I did nt understand the bore, and piston ring wearing ;( I am not that much techie
    K.Ravi

    Do check out my custom painted tail light in my DIY thread ;) ...

  3. #53
    Rusted Pinaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Calcutta
    Posts
    2,077
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Clear lens turn indicators available for splendor .

    My splendor+ has orange colour turn-indicator lens and clear bulbs insides . Newer bikes have orange bulbs and clear lens turn indicators which are like 100% more visible in daytime use .
    I have always wanted the new clear-lens type turn-indicators on my bike but none would fit . Now the new splendor pro has these new clear indicators which seems would fit the old splendor plus too , from looking at the pics , they seem to be same size and shape .
    Can someone please confirm if it is a direct fit ? ( I'm only 80% sure ) . What would be the method to change this lens only (if possible) on my bike ?

    ps - what's the max speed safely do-able on this bike ? .. i've had it for just 2500kms now .
    Last edited by Pinaki; 01-19-2011 at 12:09 AM.

  4. #54
    nin
    nin is offline
    Rusted nin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    2,129
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    110kmph..(on speedo) and nothing at high speeds is safe....

    i still would say enjoy this ride at 50-60
    A very good and safe biker not only because he can pop up either of the wheels,scrape his knees on a corner or go fast and make it look stylish but because he very well knows his limits and capabilities and has the patience to learn about others and ride safe ! :)

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    My Saddlesore Log : The 1st Saddlesore in India on a 135cc

  5. #55
    Addicted rsk11584's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    129
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinaki View Post
    My splendor+ has orange colour turn-indicator lens and clear bulbs insides . Newer bikes have orange bulbs and clear lens turn indicators which are like 100% more visible in daytime use .
    I have always wanted the new clear-lens type turn-indicators on my bike but none would fit . Now the new splendor pro has these new clear indicators which seems would fit the old splendor plus too , from looking at the pics , they seem to be same size and shape .
    Can someone please confirm if it is a direct fit ? ( I'm only 80% sure ) . What would be the method to change this lens only (if possible) on my bike ?
    Whether it is clear lens with orange cover or orange lens bulb with clear cover output is the same orange color, One + point of clear lens cover is that you can color the bulb to whatever color u wish, I colored my HH Super Splendor Bike indicator bulb to blue color, but as the cover is orange it doesnt make much difference. ;(
    K.Ravi

    Do check out my custom painted tail light in my DIY thread ;) ...

  6. #56
    Rusted Pinaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Calcutta
    Posts
    2,077
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rsk11584 View Post
    Whether it is clear lens with orange cover or orange lens bulb with clear cover output is the same orange color, One + point of clear lens cover is that you can color the bulb to whatever color u wish, I colored my HH Super Splendor Bike indicator bulb to blue color, but as the cover is orange it doesnt make much difference. ;(
    Yes the output is same colour , but that was not what I meant , I am not interested in new colours .
    If you observe , it will become obvious that clear lens indicator with orange bulbs is twice as "contrasty" and hence much much more visible in daylight . This is because whereas earlier the contrast was between an unlit-orange and lighted-orange , now it is between an White and lighted-orange indicator . I want my turn indicators to be useful and visible to all at daytime too .Am I clear ?

    Current super-splendor comes with clear lens indicators and orange bulbs , so you can "upgrade" easily , if you so wish . I would advice you however , not to change the colour to blue etc . It is orange / reds for backlights / brakelights / indicators for a specific reason . These frequency (colour) of light has minimum scatter loss in travel and hence maximum fog penetration . I also think orange is mandatory by RTO rules . Incidentally blue , being at the other end of the spectrum , will have max scatter loss , and poor visibility .
    Alas the super-splendor indicators are totally different from splendor/splendor-plus/pro so won't fit .
    Last edited by Pinaki; 01-20-2011 at 04:24 AM.

  7. #57
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Exclamation Why my splendor plus mileage is less than 45km/lit?

    Hello everyone

    I own two splendor bikes.
    One is 2003 model which is in very good condition and gives descent mileage more than 65km/lit in Bangalore city and I am very proud of my splendor and HEROHONDA.

    Seeing this wonderful bike I thought of purchasing another Splendor(Now splendor became Splendor +),and brought a new splendor on 7/7/2010 in " NIKKI MOTORS", SADASHIVANAGAR.
    Initially my new splendor+ was giving mileage around 54Km/Lit and pickup was not that much good(but ok).
    When bike completed 630km I did my first service in NIKKI MOTORS ,at that it was giving around 55Km/lit only, then I did 2nd service in NIKKI MOTORS when bike completed 2030km, while giving service I complained about mileage problem and they took the complaint. After service I felt pick up is very low since they did some idling to raise mileage, Now bike has completed 3300 km unfortunate thing is bike is giving 45-47 Km/Lit. So somebody advised me to put one small devise which will increase mileage by 30%.I put that devise also but things didnt change.
    Now I am very disappointed with my new Splendor+ mileage is very low pickup is worst. if I slow bike in 2nd gear engine will stop.
    I conducted many mileage tests and always check the amount while putting petrol.
    One more experiment I want to share with you people is, with my old bike I can ride 1200 meters without turning petrol cock on(Turn off petrol cock),if I do the same thing in my new Splendor bike will go maximum up to 700 meters. I think amount of petrol stored in the petrol pipe of the both bike are the same.
    Recently I did ride my friend's new Splendor Pro,I enjoyed that riding and my friend told me that he is getting mileage up to 70 Km/Lit.
    I am really disappointed with HeroHonda.I always believe HEROHOND is for Indian people.And it is still in the top because ofHEROHONDA mileage,relibility and it is like bike for the people(DESH KI DHADKAN). I am not understanding why my new splendor plus is giving very worst performance.
    I dont know what to do,so I am raising this isue and I request you to please help on this regard.

    Regards,
    Chetan
    "No Candle loses its light while lighting another Candle"

  8. #58
    Rusted Pinaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Calcutta
    Posts
    2,077
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CHETZ View Post
    Hello everyone

    I own two splendor bikes .........and I request you to please help on this regard.

    Regards,
    Chetan
    Chetan'jee
    My splendor plus was delivered on 01 july 2010 ( six days before yours ), and gives mileage of around 62 kmpl under my bad riding habits . Do not despair .

    a) keep in mind that the new BS-III compliant splendor plus will give mileage around 55-65 only . Yours is just a bit low . This can happen due to one of several things including an improper run-in .

    b) your closed fuel-cock test shows that you are running a too-rich mixture . This excessive rich mixture is affecting your pick-up also .You can confirm this easily by opening the spark-plug and inspecting it closely . It would be black, sooty and also a bit oily ( shining ) . A good setting will give you dry dark chocolate brown to whitish plug .

    c) Do these things step by step . As far as possible DO NOT entrust anyone else to do them when you are away .

    i) open the air filter , take out the two ( yellow inside and black outer ) foam elements gently . Dip clean in clean kerosene . Then dunk in a bucket of warm detergent water and clean . Do not wring or pull it , you can squeeze . Take it out and let drip dry , squeeze ,and thoroughly dry it for a day in clean warm dry airy place . Oil it wet with SAE90/EP90 gear oil , and squeeze excess out gently . Refit it as it was , with some lithium grease around the mating collars .

    ii) open chain cover upper part , clean chain well with kerosene and toothbrush , wipe dry with cloth . Oil chain sparingly with SAE90 / EP90 gear oil (from nearby petrol pump) . refit chain cover . take a ride around the colony .

    iii) Go to herohonda authorised service centre and buy a bottle of 10w30 HH engine oil . Come back home and drain your engine oil while it is hot . Tilt bike towards side stand , or even run engine for 10 seconds to get more old oil out . Close the drain bolt , and refill with the fresh oil upto dipstick upper mark . shut it .

    iv ) again visit the service centre and have them grease your accelerator cable , spindle (inside handle) , clutch cable . clean both brake pads and spark plug . adjust them all correctly . Fill proper air pressure in both tyres . Then from expert mechanic ( maybe the service centre one or outside one you know well ) have the carburettor dismounted , cleaned very well with carb-cleaner or acetone or thinner . replace ANY carburettor parts if found defective or suspect immediately . Refit carb , set idle speed to 1300 +/- 50 by a RPM meter ,your service centre will have it , and Air screw adjusted to leaner mixture . Have them check the valve clearance with feeler gauge and adjust if needed .

    Fill petrol from known good pump and run and tell me the result . And Ohh , Have your little petrol-saving device removed immediately . During the 3rd free service , be present in person full-time during the work and ensure that they do all the 25 things mandatory listed behind your free service slip in the owners booklet , one by one ,before you sign anything with them .
    Cheers .
    Last edited by Pinaki; 01-21-2011 at 12:36 AM.

  9. #59
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinaki View Post
    Chetan'jee
    My splendor plus was delivered on 01 july 2010 ( six days before yours ), and gives mileage of around 62 kmpl under my bad riding habits . Do not despair .

    a) keep in mind that the new BS-III compliant splendor plus will give mileage around 55-65 only . Yours is just a bit low . This can happen due to one of several things including an improper run-in .

    b) your closed fuel-cock test shows that you are running a too-rich mixture . This excessive rich mixture is affecting your pick-up also .You can confirm this easily by opening the spark-plug and inspecting it closely . It would be black, sooty and also a bit oily ( shining ) . A good setting will give you dry dark chocolate brown to whitish plug .

    c) Do these things step by step . As far as possible DO NOT entrust anyone else to do them when you are away .

    i) open the air filter , take out the two ( yellow inside and black outer ) foam elements gently . Dip clean in clean kerosene . Then dunk in a bucket of warm detergent water and clean . Do not wring or pull it , you can squeeze . Take it out and let drip dry , squeeze ,and thoroughly dry it for a day in clean warm dry airy place . Oil it wet with SAE90/EP90 gear oil , and squeeze excess out gently . Refit it as it was , with some lithium grease around the mating collars .

    ii) open chain cover upper part , clean chain well with kerosene and toothbrush , wipe dry with cloth . Oil chain sparingly with SAE90 / EP90 gear oil (from nearby petrol pump) . refit chain cover . take a ride around the colony .

    iii) Go to herohonda authorised service centre and buy a bottle of 10w30 HH engine oil . Come back home and drain your engine oil while it is hot . Tilt bike towards side stand , or even run engine for 10 seconds to get more old oil out . Close the drain bolt , and refill with the fresh oil upto dipstick upper mark . shut it .

    iv ) again visit the service centre and have them grease your accelerator cable , spindle (inside handle) , clutch cable . clean both brake pads and spark plug . adjust them all correctly . Fill proper air pressure in both tyres . Then from expert mechanic ( maybe the service centre one or outside one you know well ) have the carburettor dismounted , cleaned very well with carb-cleaner or acetone or thinner . replace ANY carburettor parts if found defective or suspect immediately . Refit carb , set idle speed to 1300 +/- 50 by a RPM meter ,your service centre will have it , and Air screw adjusted to leaner mixture . Have them check the valve clearance with feeler gauge and adjust if needed .

    Fill petrol from known good pump and run and tell me the result . And Ohh , Have your little petrol-saving device removed immediately . During the 3rd free service , be present in person full-time during the work and ensure that they do all the 25 things mandatory listed behind your free service slip in the owners booklet , one by one ,before you sign anything with them .
    Cheers .



    Thank you very much Pinaki,hope for the better result..
    Defiantly I will do the needful and tell you the result
    "No Candle loses its light while lighting another Candle"

  10. #60
    Rusted yuv_biKING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Franklin,TN
    Posts
    711
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Used a HH Splendor+ from 2003 till 2008... It had performed more than i wished for.. It was my first bike.. feels like a first love.. remains always in heart...
    _________________________________________________
    Yuv


Similar Threads

  1. First Indian In Moto Gp
    By anirudh in forum Motorsports
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 01-29-2012, 03:38 PM
  2. HH splendor queries
    By Nikhil Pereira in forum Help Me!
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-29-2011, 04:28 PM
  3. Crimson Moto Gear : Chest Guard
    By Sunny in forum General Biking Discussion
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 11-13-2009, 08:16 PM
  4. Replies: 89
    Last Post: 01-07-2009, 01:36 AM
  5. HERO HONDA LAUNCHES PASSION PLUS
    By rEdDeViL in forum News
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-21-2003, 11:55 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •