Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Be smooth with your gear shifts.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bajaj Avenger - All versions

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

    Originally posted by AbhiAvvy13 View Post
    This is horrendous. Treating customers like this is big offence. If you are not satisfied on monday also then please lodge complain against them in consumer court. These guys must learn a lesson.
    There are already many cases pending in the court they don't have time. Anyways even the company won't take any action on this. See if you are smart yourself and with xbhp help I think one can take a wise decision. If I was in his place I would never take that particular bike. I would go and take the delivery from another dealer.
    click me
    FACEBOOK

    Comment


    • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

      No one is purchasing this product any more I would love to hear a detail information on street model. I am seeing no body is buying cruiser anymore.
      click me
      FACEBOOK

      Comment


      • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

        Originally posted by arjunb25 View Post
        There are already many cases pending in the court they don't have time. Anyways even the company won't take any action on this. See if you are smart yourself and with xbhp help I think one can take a wise decision. If I was in his place I would never take that particular bike. I would go and take the delivery from another dealer.
        Although Easy said than done.

        I have to except the bike considering the rto registration is already submitted.
        The only thing that has helped me into thinking the bike isnt test driven or used is the petrol tank was nearly dry. And when i had gone to this showroom for a test drive with cash to book the bike in hand they rejected my offer. I offered them to book the bike only on test drive to which they refused. anyway thats just a theory.
        Bike wasnt delivered on monday also, scheduled for today. i will post a detailed owner ship report in a few days once i get my hands on the bike hopefully.

        Comment


        • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

          Originally posted by gaurav241 View Post
          Although Easy said than done.

          I have to except the bike considering the rto registration is already submitted.
          The only thing that has helped me into thinking the bike isnt test driven or used is the petrol tank was nearly dry. And when i had gone to this showroom for a test drive with cash to book the bike in hand they rejected my offer. I offered them to book the bike only on test drive to which they refused. anyway thats just a theory.
          Bike wasnt delivered on monday also, scheduled for today. i will post a detailed owner ship report in a few days once i get my hands on the bike hopefully.
          I wish you best of luck for your bike and hope you enjoy all the best once again. Oh by the way I have taken test driven couple of times to be precise like 8 times before making my booking with 1000 Rs. And this is not the end the day I will go for selecting my bike I will test ride once again. We are giving them a lac.

          Sent from my IdeaTab S6000-H using xBhp Connect mobile app
          Last edited by arjunb25; 12-02-2015, 04:44 PM.
          click me
          FACEBOOK

          Comment


          • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

            Hi,
            Is the avenger 180 still serviced by the official service stations?

            Comment


            • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

              Originally posted by Manan View Post
              Hi,
              Is the avenger 180 still serviced by the official service stations?
              Yes all the parts are available. You can go to the asc. Good luck.

              And update friends.
              I am going for avanger 150cc drop the idea of 220cc shall be putting up my review soon ones I get the hands on the bike.
              click me
              FACEBOOK

              Comment


              • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versionshttp://www.xbhp.com/talkies/motorcycle-ownership-experiences/4942-ba

                So I finally received the bike on 2nd December 2015.

                Filled up the tank to the brim and Started riding.


                Immediately you feel the difference in the smoothness of the bike over the previous generation. The bike just wants to go and is happy to be revved.
                Keeping it under 60 is real challenge on open roads. And as my previous bike was a 110 cc Honda Twister its a substantial power upgrade.
                The bikes a looker on the streets. Everyone notices it and i have received a lot of positive feed back.

                The ride quality has improved a bit but i don't feel any difference in the cushioning or softness of the seat. The street handle bar does make it easier to maneuver around the tight corners and gaps compared to the previous model.
                Although it takes time to get used to the mammoth turning radius. Tires have good grip on the tarmac and are satisfactory. Coming to the brakes the rear brakes lack bite but the front disc is too powerful, hit the disc hard and it can make things bad almost immediately, it takes time to master the correct braking formula by combination of rear and front braking.

                Suspension is improved and the rear pillion complains lesser than the previous version but due to the slim seat at the back its mostly a touring bike for single riders from my point of view.

                The new speedometer looks good at night with and the headlight has satisfactory throw.
                From a full tank of gas to reserve that is around 10.5 liters the bike did 420kms on the clock. A mileage or 40kmpl much better than expected before first service.


                Coming to the first service as usual suryoday bajaj goregoan west was a disaster.
                First impression It was a very small service center like a private garage able to handle only 4 bikes at one time .(4 Ramps or working space).

                The Following things were to be done on the bike.

                1)Engine Oil Change.
                2)Engine Oil Flush (though i Know its a gimmick to loose money i thought about just doing it this once.)
                3)Chain Lubrication

                Total cost 880.00

                Problems reported by me
                1)Sometimes the fuel gauge fluctuates with speed happened once or twice and then rectified once tank was filled again
                2)Check for vibrations from rear end.

                The bike has clocked 613 kms when i handed over the keys to them.

                They promised the bike within four hours from 12 pm to 4 pm

                Reached at 4:10 asked to sit for sometime. The service adviser which attended me earlier is no where to be seen. Greeted by a new fellow.
                Told me that they checked the fuel gauge and it will be replaced under warranty once the part arrived in second service. ( At this point i am assuming the fuel gauge is at least working how much it was before).
                I make the payment and move on to the washing area and see the bike washed and kept there. Switch on the ignition and the fuel gauge doesnt move much I assume the tank is empty.

                On further checking the odometer it says 623 kms as opposed to 613.
                I asked for an explanation of 10 km of running. The Service adviser says they had to take the trial of the bike to which i say this is not done, Hes very causal about it.I let it go and make sure i never visit this center ever again cause i know its been used for joy riding.

                I tank up from the petrol pump near the service center and the fuel meter doesn't move.

                I go back to the service center to report its not working at all now to which they say when they checked it , it wasn't working at all and it will be replaced under warranty i just have to wait till second service.
                I tell the manager its their fault and i will take the complain about my experience higher. To which he promises to source the fuel gauge within a month.Not satisfied with this answer i take my bike to my trusted mechanic.

                He opens the seat and the tank re aligns the gauge which goes under the tank and voila it works perfectly.
                This is the kind of service and level of expertise suryoday bajaj workers have, they surely messed up the tank gauge but didn't even try to fix it.

                Finally I have decided to forgo the remaining two free services of my bike or get it done somewhere else.

                I would request everyone to stay away from suryoday bajaj Service and showrooms.


                The bike has clocked 100 more kms after the service it runs fine, and the fuel gauge is working flawlessly.

                Will keep updating more on this.

                Comment


                • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

                  Good just saw your good experience with the bike. I am also waiting for my bike to come in the near future. Good luck and keep the bike in the slow speed for few km.
                  click me
                  FACEBOOK

                  Comment


                  • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

                    Originally posted by arjunb25 View Post
                    And update friends.
                    I am going for avanger 150cc drop the idea of 220cc shall be putting up my review soon ones I get the hands on the bike.
                    why the move to a 150 from the p180 ?
                    the avenger 220 would be a better option if budget permits.
                    Considering the engines would be similar to the pulsars and having ridden the avenger 220 and the various flavors of the pulsars, I'd say the 220 would be good buy.
                    If you are only going to use it around the city then the 150 should do too.. but get the 220 if possible, would be a decent upgrade in power

                    Comment


                    • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

                      Originally posted by s1d View Post
                      why the move to a 150 from the p180 ?
                      the avenger 220 would be a better option if budget permits.
                      Considering the engines would be similar to the pulsars and having ridden the avenger 220 and the various flavors of the pulsars, I'd say the 220 would be good buy.
                      If you are only going to use it around the city then the 150 should do too.. but get the 220 if possible, would be a decent upgrade in power
                      Rightly said the 220 would be a good option here but the thing is that the color is black and this color is really bad for me. There are 2 colors which I am scared of black and red and with both these color I have met with an accident in one I broke my femer bone of leg and the other I broke my hand. So blue is the color which has given me a trouble free of life. Well more over its my family which is happy that I am going for a 150cc. Also I don't ride fast anymore after this wrist accident the plate is still inside. So I think that the 150 is the best choice out there I always wanted to buy a cruiser and yes I guess bajaj has full filled this small dream.
                      My review will come up soon as I get the bike.
                      click me
                      FACEBOOK

                      Comment


                      • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

                        I am user of 2012 Avenger 220.
                        I loved the handlebars of Avenger Cruise,
                        Is it possible to install Cruise's handlebars to old Avengers???
                        Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast !!!

                        My Ladakh Journey

                        Comment


                        • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

                          Originally posted by Aniruddha Shinde View Post
                          I am user of 2012 Avenger 220.
                          I loved the handlebars of Avenger Cruise,
                          Is it possible to install Cruise's handlebars to old Avengers???
                          Yes it is possible as my mechanic has done it on my friends old 200.
                          So I guess it is possible
                          click me
                          FACEBOOK

                          Comment


                          • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

                            Originally posted by arjunb25 View Post
                            Yes it is possible as my mechanic has done it on my friends old 200.
                            So I guess it is possible
                            Thanks, But one question, does handling gets affected with change in handlebars?
                            Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast !!!

                            My Ladakh Journey

                            Comment


                            • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

                              Today i test rode street 150.It was very smooth,awesome,and the exhaust note was good.I loved the ride.But i had a doubt,my height is 168cm(5'5") and weight is 65(leaner). Will it suit me?? .My friends are discouraging me that bike looks larger for me.

                              Comment


                              • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versionshttp://www.xbhp.com/talkies/motorcycle-ownership-experiences/4942-ba

                                Originally posted by gaurav241 View Post
                                So I finally received the bike on 2nd December 2015.

                                Filled up the tank to the brim and Started riding.


                                Immediately you feel the difference in the smoothness of the bike over the previous generation. The bike just wants to go and is happy to be revved.
                                Keeping it under 60 is real challenge on open roads. And as my previous bike was a 110 cc Honda Twister its a substantial power upgrade.
                                The bikes a looker on the streets. Everyone notices it and i have received a lot of positive feed back.

                                The ride quality has improved a bit but i don't feel any difference in the cushioning or softness of the seat. The street handle bar does make it easier to maneuver around the tight corners and gaps compared to the previous model.
                                Although it takes time to get used to the mammoth turning radius. Tires have good grip on the tarmac and are satisfactory. Coming to the brakes the rear brakes lack bite but the front disc is too powerful, hit the disc hard and it can make things bad almost immediately, it takes time to master the correct braking formula by combination of rear and front braking.

                                Suspension is improved and the rear pillion complains lesser than the previous version but due to the slim seat at the back its mostly a touring bike for single riders from my point of view.

                                The new speedometer looks good at night with and the headlight has satisfactory throw.
                                From a full tank of gas to reserve that is around 10.5 liters the bike did 420kms on the clock. A mileage or 40kmpl much better than expected before first service.


                                Coming to the first service as usual suryoday bajaj goregoan west was a disaster.
                                First impression It was a very small service center like a private garage able to handle only 4 bikes at one time .(4 Ramps or working space).

                                The Following things were to be done on the bike.

                                1)Engine Oil Change.
                                2)Engine Oil Flush (though i Know its a gimmick to loose money i thought about just doing it this once.)
                                3)Chain Lubrication

                                Total cost 880.00

                                Problems reported by me
                                1)Sometimes the fuel gauge fluctuates with speed happened once or twice and then rectified once tank was filled again
                                2)Check for vibrations from rear end.

                                The bike has clocked 613 kms when i handed over the keys to them.

                                They promised the bike within four hours from 12 pm to 4 pm

                                Reached at 4:10 asked to sit for sometime. The service adviser which attended me earlier is no where to be seen. Greeted by a new fellow.
                                Told me that they checked the fuel gauge and it will be replaced under warranty once the part arrived in second service. ( At this point i am assuming the fuel gauge is at least working how much it was before).
                                I make the payment and move on to the washing area and see the bike washed and kept there. Switch on the ignition and the fuel gauge doesnt move much I assume the tank is empty.

                                On further checking the odometer it says 623 kms as opposed to 613.
                                I asked for an explanation of 10 km of running. The Service adviser says they had to take the trial of the bike to which i say this is not done, Hes very causal about it.I let it go and make sure i never visit this center ever again cause i know its been used for joy riding.

                                I tank up from the petrol pump near the service center and the fuel meter doesn't move.

                                I go back to the service center to report its not working at all now to which they say when they checked it , it wasn't working at all and it will be replaced under warranty i just have to wait till second service.
                                I tell the manager its their fault and i will take the complain about my experience higher. To which he promises to source the fuel gauge within a month.Not satisfied with this answer i take my bike to my trusted mechanic.

                                He opens the seat and the tank re aligns the gauge which goes under the tank and voila it works perfectly.
                                This is the kind of service and level of expertise suryoday bajaj workers have, they surely messed up the tank gauge but didn't even try to fix it.

                                Finally I have decided to forgo the remaining two free services of my bike or get it done somewhere else.

                                I would request everyone to stay away from suryoday bajaj Service and showrooms.


                                The bike has clocked 100 more kms after the service it runs fine, and the fuel gauge is working flawlessly.

                                Will keep updating more on this.
                                Hi Gaurav..this review is for Street 150 or 200 .as planning to buy in first week of feb...can u please tell..what is the mileage u are getting after first servicing..m really confused between 150 and 220...need power and good milegae..expecting atleast 45..

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X