Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Always use both brakes to reduce speed.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bajaj Avenger - All versions

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

    I brought new avenger street 2 months ago and want to replace my tyre with tubeless, is there any exchange offer going on?

    Comment


    • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

      Originally posted by Richardson's View Post
      What was the OTR earlier?
      Here in Delhi, the OTR was 99.5k 20 days back.
      Originally posted by arjunb25 View Post
      Yes BSIV only has tubeless tyres. Even you can check on the tyre a very small tubeless would be written on it both front and back that is the original trade mark of showing a tyre if it is tubeless or not. See if your previous otr was low and now the price have gone up that means the current alloys have been changed to those alloys which can support tubeless tyres. This is am saying as I have placed an order from my SVC for the tyre but the manager was saying that it will not fit on these alloys for which he has placed another order for a new set of alloys too but I have told him that I will first try to get the tyres fitted on the current stock alloys which I got with the bike. Let's see shall update all of you here about the correct answer.
      Finally my prayers have been answered! Avenger now has no flaw in it which people can complain about
      Well the price here has not increased and is the same as it was before which surprised me as the first media reports mentioned a small price hike.

      ----consecutive posts auto-merged-----

      Originally posted by Neerajvayu View Post
      I brought new avenger street 2 months ago and want to replace my tyre with tubeless, is there any exchange offer going on?
      not that I am aware of,no I don't think so.

      Comment


      • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

        What about the BSIV norms? Are all Tubeless variants equipped with BSIV compliant engine?
        Bajaj Avenger Street 220 - (Delhi)
        Flickr Profile : http://www.flickr.com/photos/hrishi_sharma

        Comment


        • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

          Manual de Servicio for Avenger 220 (non BS-IV engine?) - for interested people. Use an online doc translator, its in Spanish.

          https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%...212001&o=OneUp

          Comment


          • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

            Originally posted by Richardson's View Post
            What about the BSIV norms? Are all Tubeless variants equipped with BSIV compliant engine?
            Yes all the latest version of BSIV have tubeless also the engine is also tweek with there norms hence just go out there and now buy this seed.

            Originally posted by Arijit Dutta View Post
            Finally my prayers have been answered! Avenger now has no flaw in it which people can complain about
            Well the price here has not increased and is the same as it was before which surprised me as the first media reports mentioned a small price hike.

            ----consecutive posts auto-merged-----



            not that I am aware of,no I don't think so.
            Yes @arjeet your prayer and other have been finally considered by bajaj of providing the rear tubeless tyre. As I have tried to contact not one but all the suppliers in India for tubeless and to my surprise manufacturer makes it. But finally our beloved bajaj has finally given us the opportunity to enjoy the roads out there with fill confidence of reaching our destinations without the headache or the thought of puncture.

            But I really wonder one thing in my heart that this tyre will be only available with bajaj and not in the open market. As there is still no buzz from the tyre companies regarding the rear 130/90 15'. Tubeless. As I am keeping a real cool watch on this tyre.
            I have already placed the order with my asc and hopping they will provide me with the tyre soon. As soon as I get it and hopefully it fits on the current alloys otherwise I have to wait for another week for the alloys which support the tubeless tyre as regarding them I mean the asc that these new tubeless don't fit on the current alloys where as I don't agree to them. It is like making some money. But they told me this also that the pulsar 150 also had alloys but with tube but when bajaj came in with the tubeless then they to had a part number of the alloys as well as the tubeless to make some more money. All the update from my end shall be posted here as soon as I get the part or with any new info regarding the tyre. Untill then peace out.
            click me
            FACEBOOK

            Comment


            • Re: Need Help !! Related to New Bajaj Avenger cruise Mileage .

              Originally posted by onilvai View Post
              Hello Friends and thank you admin and others for approving me to the group.

              I m an new rider and a learner. Recently purchased Bajaj avenger cruise 220 cc (around 40 days back).
              Its still run in period and service is due in next 2-3 days.
              Currently I am getting mileage very low around 24-25 km/l (tested via reserve to reserve method).
              I am driving on average speed of 30-40 km/hr and rode around 460 km till now.


              Where I am going wrong, will the mileage increase after servicing, and how much increase should I expect.
              If u are driving as per wht the manual says(recommended Gear and Speed)then u should easily get a milage around 30-40 km/liter. U should not ride the bike with the clutch pressed half way riding on low speed on higher gears. Also check the engine oil level, if ur engine oil is less, then it can also affect the milage and performance. I have done about 2000km in my odometer and its been 3 months now and i have been getting a milage about 35 - 40kmpl.

              Comment


              • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

                Clocked 534 kms today , and going for my first service tomo .(had bought bike on 27th oct 2016).

                Things i gonna ask them to do.

                1)change or re align fuel guage (due to fluactuating and wrong fuel indication)
                2)change oil (as per manual)
                2)clean chain and lubricate again (as there was brown mushy stuff , dont know what ,looks like rust colour but i easily removed some cloth )

                few problems i am facing, bike doesnt start in first 2 to 3 eletric start , happens in morning and evening , even after 10 to 15 kms ride in morning , once it starts , it never gives problem when its stopped for that period.is it due to cold ? , i stay in Mumbai , its not much cold like north though.is it due to new bike ? or battery issue .
                ( gonna mention this too to service guys tomo )

                I used 13.8 ltrs of fuel , full tank to reserve , bike had clocked 478 kms , giving average of 34.63kms , out of that only 50 kms of highway and most city rides maintaining variable speed of 40 to 60 and with gears on appropriate speed i.e 30 to 40 kmph in 3 rd gear , 40 to 50 in 4th gear and , 50 to 60 in 5th gear


                Anything else i have to check in first service ?

                Thanks

                Comment


                • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

                  Guys I'm having a problem...my 220 Street is about 5 months old and i keep getting moisture condensation on my odo and fuel meters. It normally happens when I turn on the lights...any one else having this issue?

                  Comment


                  • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

                    Originally posted by arjunb25 View Post
                    Yes @arjeet your prayer and other have been finally considered by bajaj of providing the rear tubeless tyre. As I have tried to contact not one but all the suppliers in India for tubeless and to my surprise manufacturer makes it. But finally our beloved bajaj has finally given us the opportunity to enjoy the roads out there with fill confidence of reaching our destinations without the headache or the thought of puncture.

                    But I really wonder one thing in my heart that this tyre will be only available with bajaj and not in the open market. As there is still no buzz from the tyre companies regarding the rear 130/90 15'. Tubeless. As I am keeping a real cool watch on this tyre.
                    I have already placed the order with my asc and hopping they will provide me with the tyre soon. As soon as I get it and hopefully it fits on the current alloys otherwise I have to wait for another week for the alloys which support the tubeless tyre as regarding them I mean the asc that these new tubeless don't fit on the current alloys where as I don't agree to them. It is like making some money. But they told me this also that the pulsar 150 also had alloys but with tube but when bajaj came in with the tubeless then they to had a part number of the alloys as well as the tubeless to make some more money. All the update from my end shall be posted here as soon as I get the part or with any new info regarding the tyre. Untill then peace out.
                    Well as I had told you before about my brother using the avenger with stock tyre in tubeless format which worked too, I believe just buying a tubeless tyre variant will be all that you need to convert it to tubeless.

                    And, even if the tyre is not available anywhere in the market it should be available soon if MRF or any other tyre brand is making it, but it might take some time, and even if it doesn't, people can still buy it directly from Bajaj, I hope!
                    Last edited by Arijit Dutta; 11-24-2016, 11:39 PM.

                    Comment


                    • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

                      Originally posted by wingrider007 View Post
                      Clocked 534 kms today , and going for my first service tomo .(had bought bike on 27th oct 2016).

                      Things i gonna ask them to do.

                      1)change or re align fuel guage (due to fluactuating and wrong fuel indication)
                      2)change oil (as per manual)
                      2)clean chain and lubricate again (as there was brown mushy stuff , dont know what ,looks like rust colour but i easily removed some cloth )

                      few problems i am facing, bike doesnt start in first 2 to 3 eletric start , happens in morning and evening , even after 10 to 15 kms ride in morning , once it starts , it never gives problem when its stopped for that period.is it due to cold ? , i stay in Mumbai , its not much cold like north though.is it due to new bike ? or battery issue .
                      ( gonna mention this too to service guys tomo )

                      I used 13.8 ltrs of fuel , full tank to reserve , bike had clocked 478 kms , giving average of 34.63kms , out of that only 50 kms of highway and most city rides maintaining variable speed of 40 to 60 and with gears on appropriate speed i.e 30 to 40 kmph in 3 rd gear , 40 to 50 in 4th gear and , 50 to 60 in 5th gear


                      Anything else i have to check in first service ?

                      Thanks
                      Fluctuating fuel indicator is something I notice quite often when the bike is parked on side stand.
                      I am also taking my Avenger 220 Street for a service today, first service actually.
                      My riding pattern during break-in so far :
                      1. Bike gives strange jerks in initial gears, when it's cold. I usually let the bike idle for a minute before taking on a ride.
                      2. I use choke before starting the bike.
                      3. My speed to gear ratio have been :
                      1st Gear for Taking off and till 15kmph, 2nd gear - sometimes to get the bike in motion from Zero, otherwise (10-20kmph) , 3rd gear - 20kmph to 30-35kmph and city traffic, 4th gear - 25-40kmph with sometimes clutch pressed gently in traffic, and 5th gear - 38-60/65kmph with gentle clutch press if switching from 4th t 5th.

                      I usually don't ride the bike at a constant speed and gear during break for more than a minute, I read that this causes some issues with Pistons.
                      Most of my speed limit during this break-in period has been 30-40kmph on 3rd/4th gear (40% of the total km on Odo) and around 45/50-60kmph for the rest of the miles munched so far out of 510kms.
                      Only once in a while I gently rev the engine a bit, taking the bike at 60-70kmph just to test the Oooomph!
                      I hope my break-in has not been so bad.

                      What concerns me :
                      1. Bike vibrates like hell after kicking 60kmph in 5th gear.
                      2. The strange kicks/jitters in second/third gear.
                      3. Sometimes the gear shifts like a butter and sometimes it takes effort to push the lever and it's rough.
                      4. Noise, Vibration and Roughness is not on the good side . However, I think that comes free of cost with Bajaj engines unfortunately. Some like it, some hate it.
                      5. Rear Brakes : Horrible!!!!!!! Though, I never came close to a crash or anything like that, as I ride gently but the rear brakes have been terrible forcing me to rely on front brakes like always. If I don't use the front brakes at all, it will take 5x more time and distance to bring the bike to stop using rear drums. Once out of warranty, I am going to get the bike modded to fit a rear brakes regardless of what it costs. It's a PITA to manage with these drums.

                      ----consecutive posts auto-merged-----

                      And a suggestion to those of you swapping from tube to tubeless, a serious piece of advice :

                      Please don't buy the Stock Tubeless Tires of New Avenger Street. These are MRF Nylogrip, and from what I have experienced and heard so far - MRF Nylogrips are just as horrible as it can get. Considering the fact that this bike skids a lot during hard breaks, therefore buying a better pair of Tube tires with much better grip is far more recommended than a pair of horrible and el-cheapo grip tires.

                      ----consecutive posts auto-merged-----

                      Originally posted by iBerry View Post
                      Guys I'm having a problem...my 220 Street is about 5 months old and i keep getting moisture condensation on my odo and fuel meters. It normally happens when I turn on the lights...any one else having this issue?
                      This usually happens when there's fog and cold climate - when you switch on the bike - the lights heat up and cause the surrounding air to condense and form minute vapour droplets.
                      Bajaj Avenger Street 220 - (Delhi)
                      Flickr Profile : http://www.flickr.com/photos/hrishi_sharma

                      Comment


                      • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

                        Originally posted by Richardson's View Post
                        Fluctuating fuel indicator is something I notice quite often when the bike is parked on side stand.
                        I am also taking my Avenger 220 Street for a service today, first service actually.
                        My riding pattern during break-in so far :
                        1. Bike gives strange jerks in initial gears, when it's cold. I usually let the bike idle for a minute before taking on a ride.
                        2. I use choke before starting the bike.
                        3. My speed to gear ratio have been :
                        1st Gear for Taking off and till 15kmph, 2nd gear - sometimes to get the bike in motion from Zero, otherwise (10-20kmph) , 3rd gear - 20kmph to 30-35kmph and city traffic, 4th gear - 25-40kmph with sometimes clutch pressed gently in traffic, and 5th gear - 38-60/65kmph with gentle clutch press if switching from 4th t 5th.

                        I usually don't ride the bike at a constant speed and gear during break for more than a minute, I read that this causes some issues with Pistons.
                        Most of my speed limit during this break-in period has been 30-40kmph on 3rd/4th gear (40% of the total km on Odo) and around 45/50-60kmph for the rest of the miles munched so far out of 510kms.
                        Only once in a while I gently rev the engine a bit, taking the bike at 60-70kmph just to test the Oooomph!
                        I hope my break-in has not been so bad.

                        What concerns me :
                        1. Bike vibrates like hell after kicking 60kmph in 5th gear.
                        2. The strange kicks/jitters in second/third gear.
                        3. Sometimes the gear shifts like a butter and sometimes it takes effort to push the lever and it's rough.
                        4. Noise, Vibration and Roughness is not on the good side . However, I think that comes free of cost with Bajaj engines unfortunately. Some like it, some hate it.
                        5. Rear Brakes : Horrible!!!!!!! Though, I never came close to a crash or anything like that, as I ride gently but the rear brakes have been terrible forcing me to rely on front brakes like always. If I don't use the front brakes at all, it will take 5x more time and distance to bring the bike to stop using rear drums. Once out of warranty, I am going to get the bike modded to fit a rear brakes regardless of what it costs. It's a PITA to manage with these drums.
                        Ya i too ride with variable speed as mentioned i on manual,ya most of time the gears shifting is butter smooth but once or twice i find rough maybe because i rode unicorn earlier which had 1 to 2nd gear rough shift.ya when parked on sdie stand or tilt the bike on left thei ndicator goes up and when it come in straight position it goes down,problem with me was when i had 5 to 6 liters petrol it showed empty like before.

                        Comment


                        • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

                          Be careful on the front brakes...I just had a crash on my 220 Street. It was a cold morning and I went down on a corner. I just remember applying front brakes and the bike just gave way, I wasn't leaned over much. I'm used to using the front brakes most of the time.

                          About the vibes...on my bike it gets a lil vibey around 65ish and then smoothens out again at 75ish. I remember when in my running in period the bike used to jerk at slow speeds and it didn't feel smooth. I really didn't stick to the manufacturer recommended procedure for running in the bike. I just rode it how I normally would and took it on a one day long ride and basically set the engine out on the highway. I service my bikes myself so I went straight synthetic with Motul 7100 10W40...

                          Bikes done about 4500kms and works like a gem. The motul oil eliminates all those vibes and harshness. It's smooth in all speeds except around 65 to 75ish. Only problem I face is the moisture condensation inside the odo and fuel gauges.

                          Comment


                          • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

                            Originally posted by iBerry View Post
                            Be careful on the front brakes...I just had a crash on my 220 Street. It was a cold morning and I went down on a corner. I just remember applying front brakes and the bike just gave way, I wasn't leaned over much. I'm used to using the front brakes most of the time.

                            About the vibes...on my bike it gets a lil vibey around 65ish and then smoothens out again at 75ish. I remember when in my running in period the bike used to jerk at slow speeds and it didn't feel smooth. I really didn't stick to the manufacturer recommended procedure for running in the bike. I just rode it how I normally would and took it on a one day long ride and basically set the engine out on the highway. I service my bikes myself so I went straight synthetic with Motul 7100 10W40...

                            Bikes done about 4500kms and works like a gem. The motul oil eliminates all those vibes and harshness. It's smooth in all speeds except around 65 to 75ish. Only problem I face is the moisture condensation inside the odo and fuel gauges.
                            Hey brother, I'm sorry to hear about your accident, I hope you are fit and fine. Yes, the Avenger's slanted front rake angle makes it slide easily if you "Front brake" into corners and if there is a little bit of gravel you will go down even at 15kph. Cruisers have this rake angle where most of the weight is on the rear wheel therefore most of the traction too is on the rear, which is why you should always-always brake using your rear and add a hint of front brake to the mix while in a straight line and when cornering if you have to slow down only use the back.

                            Comment


                            • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

                              Very sorry to hear about the accident. Yes the bike locks the front breaks even I have gone through the same thing many times but the vehicle was in a straight line hence nothing of that has ever happened with me as a friend of mine who had avanger has already worned be about certain things that happened with him during his tenure with his bike. Hence I do keep in my mind of every word he shared with me. Shall some day right in down here for you all.
                              Saw the new video of the 400 cc new bike to be launched I know this is not the place but wanted to.
                              Ok tell me should I or should I not remove the back rest. I feel the bike will look more funky without it. What do you all say.
                              click me
                              FACEBOOK

                              Comment


                              • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

                                Originally posted by iBerry View Post
                                Be careful on the front brakes...I just had a crash on my 220 Street. It was a cold morning and I went down on a corner. I just remember applying front brakes and the bike just gave way, I wasn't leaned over much. I'm used to using the front brakes most of the time.

                                About the vibes...on my bike it gets a lil vibey around 65ish and then smoothens out again at 75ish. I remember when in my running in period the bike used to jerk at slow speeds and it didn't feel smooth. I really didn't stick to the manufacturer recommended procedure for running in the bike. I just rode it how I normally would and took it on a one day long ride and basically set the engine out on the highway. I service my bikes myself so I went straight synthetic with Motul 7100 10W40...

                                Bikes done about 4500kms and works like a gem. The motul oil eliminates all those vibes and harshness. It's smooth in all speeds except around 65 to 75ish. Only problem I face is the moisture condensation inside the odo and fuel gauges.
                                I hope you're doing okay, were wearing your safety gears and didn't hurt yourself!
                                I am very well aware of the poor and un-balanced braking this bike has. The handling is as bad as it can get for high speed rides. This is one of the reasons, I spent heavily(~15,000) on a decent pair of safety riding gear (Jacket,Helmet,Knee/Shin/Elbow Protector,Gloves - saving up for boots/better gloves for next purchase) and wear them all the time, regardless of how funny and awkward it may look while riding a low displacement bike, haha!

                                Anyways, let me sail back to the topic I wanted to bring forward.
                                So, this may not sound very pleasing to the ones who are in love with this bike.
                                It has been a month precisely since the date I brought my Avenger 220 Street home from the Bajaj Dealership. The initial impression was good, due to the riding comfort and posture - though it took a while to adjust.
                                Tons of issues were faced during first 500kms, which I was promised that will go away after servicing.

                                So had my bike serviced after clocking 508kms/25 days on the Odometer.
                                -> The Rear Brakes are as horrible as they can be. The worst brakes I ever used in my life on any bike. It simply lacks the stopping power by huge margins! A rear-disc is so much of a necessity, because those rear drums are as impotent as they can get. The only way you can feel the rear brakes a bit is to put them on the tighter side - this reducing the free-play of the rear wheel and you will get the feeling all the time that something is dragging the rear wheel - because the brakes will always be in contact with rear wheel even when not being applied.

                                -> Bike has such a effed up NVH levels. The engine feels strained even after touching 1/3 of the throttle/rpm. If you twist the throttle even a bit more than what you can gentle twist, the bike will roar and will feel as if the engine will blow-up.
                                The harshness/roughness is way too much in the engine. RIP engine Refinement.

                                -> I used to hear about the vibration stories of RE and how it can make your girl-friend feel funny while riding it ( pun intended ). I didn't buy an RE, particularly because of their high maintenance and vibes. However, I seem to regret the decision of buying avenger too after how the vibes are coming up.
                                The bike barely touches 55-60kmph in 5th gear, and if you try to push the throttle a bit - the entire bike, top to bottom starts vibrating horribly!! When I say vibration, I mean it. It vibrates no less than a massage machine.
                                Since I am still in break-in period, so I only ride under 60kmph most of the time in fifth gear (40-60kmph). However, once in a while I gently twist the throttle to speeds beyond 60kmph and for few seconds to test how it performs above 60. The worst I have done to the engine during break-in was 70-75kmph for a couple of seconds, then back to below 55-60kmph mark.

                                -> Gearbox feels like a girl on her period. Sometimes, it behaves so smoothly and sometimes it changes the mood so much that I literally have to apply heavy pressure on the gear to change them ( and FYI I wear very heavy Woodland Boots! ).

                                ->Cold start is a mess. It's winter here in Delhi and to start off the engine, even with using Choke for long and strong the bike dies off. I have to rev the throttle to keep the engine in idle for few minutes.

                                I am honestly not anywhere close to being called happy with my bike in current performance outputs. The vibrations and roughness along with poor performance feeling after specific engine RPM or 60 kmph is what makes me regret my decision to buy this bike!

                                I will wait till 1000km mark, after which I will go for Engine Oil change to Motul Hybrid 15W50 and Motul Chain lube. If things still feel rough and full of vibes, I am sure as hell going to sell this and get a Honda FZ or Suzuki!

                                A Very Disappointed Buyer!
                                Bajaj Avenger Street 220 - (Delhi)
                                Flickr Profile : http://www.flickr.com/photos/hrishi_sharma

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X