Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

#xBhpAxorHelmet #2

Axor
Castrol Power 1

Check the helmet from inside.

Our Partners

User Tag List

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 145

Thread: Yamaha FZ1 bookings open, 8.7 Lacs ex-showroom in Delhi

  1. #41
    CommuTOURer satyenpoojary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    On road
    Posts
    6,784
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ken cool View Post
    The R15 was created from an existing model right? A 150CC that existed. Do you know of ANY 250/400 Yamaha (or ANY manufacturer) that is currently doing the streets or showrooms ANYWHERE in the world?
    Correct.. based on the T135 platform, and ofcourse the now famous vixion.
    However they did ramp up a lot of things on that platform.. pushed the bore ahead, plonked LC and FI unit and so on.

    I dont know of a multicylindered <400CC bike in the 'current' offering from anywhere in the world.

    Even their recent 'upgraded' 250CC bikes have been a single cylinder... I guess those can\might come to India in a new form.....All I hope is that SOMEONE in India wakes up and makes a GOD DAMN! touring platform bike..!


    PS: FZ1 - A touring bike...? Yes!
    FZ1 - A touring bike in India NO

    Well unless you have a healthy supply of octane boosters or tour with a fuel laded tanker serving you 95+ octane fuel to feed the 11.x:1 engine wherever you tour!
    Super CommuTOURer� - Talk less, Ride more

    .: FB :.|.: TW :.|*IG*| Ex
    PowerDrift:.

    #Give thy opinion, write em, dont throw em
    #Everyone errs, accept it, defending/cribbing about it only makes it worse
    #Dont defend a manufacturer as if you work for them
    #Write. Think. If relevant hit submit. If not hit yourself
    #Be kind in your choice of words, you never know who would make you gulp em
    � Satyen Poojary

  2. #42
    Rusted payeng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,231
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ken cool View Post
    The R15 was created from an existing model right? A 150CC that existed. Do you know of ANY 250/400 Yamaha (or ANY manufacturer) that is currently doing the streets or showrooms ANYWHERE in the world?
    Yamaha does have their "WR" Series of Dual Purpose/Supermoto bikes with 250 cc, Single Cylinder, liquid cooled engines.

    Even Suzuki, Kawasaki has similar 250 cc engines on their Dual Purpose/Supermoto bikes.


    Quote Originally Posted by satyenpoojary View Post
    I dont know of a multicylindered <400CC bike in the 'current' offering from anywhere in the world.
    Honda has a 400 cc, In line 4 cylinder engine in its CB Super Four model, which is on sale in Japan.



    Last edited by payeng; 11-01-2010 at 05:54 PM.

  3. #43
    Rusted niks_devil666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Local Area Network
    Posts
    2,152
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by satyenpoojary View Post

    Well unless you have a healthy supply of octane boosters or tour with a fuel laded tanker serving you 95+ octane fuel to feed the 11.x:1 engine wherever you tour!
    how do ppl with R1's and Mt01's and Busa's are touring then ?
    arent they bothered abt high octane fuels?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]The Moto Cafe - India's first bike theme cafe @ Chandni Chowk

    The Moto Cafe video -
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XztkK4ej2U

    My Youtube channel

    http://www.youtube.com/user/niksdevil666

  4. #44
    Rusted Hyperion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pune
    Posts
    958
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
    how do ppl with R1's and Mt01's and Busa's are touring then ?
    arent they bothered abt high octane fuels?
    A lot of the FZ1 owners say they always use 87 Octane and any higher is not needed.

    Octane - Yamaha FZ1 Forums - International FZ1 Motorcycle Community Forum

  5. #45
    Rusted ken cool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New Delhi
    Posts
    4,718
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by satyenpoojary View Post
    FZ1 - A touring bike...? Yes!
    FZ1 - A touring bike in India NO

    Well unless you have a healthy supply of octane boosters or tour with a fuel laded tanker serving you 95+ octane fuel to feed the 11.x:1 engine wherever you tour!
    Your PS took my attention! The FZ1 should not face any fuel issues in India with our 91 Octane available in all bunks.

    Quote Originally Posted by payeng View Post
    Yamaha does have their "WR" Series of Dual Purpose/Supermoto bikes with 250 cc, Single Cylinder, liquid cooled engines.

    Even Suzuki, Kawasaki has similar 250 cc engines on their Dual Purpose/Supermoto bikes.
    Of course, I did think of the WR series and similar offerings from other manufacturers. Which is why I said, "doing the streets", because I knew someone like you would bring up the WR series into contention! And you seriously believe that the WR kinda stuff can be used, detuned, cams lowered, chassis developped, twin spar frame too, for the 10K odd customers?

    Oh! And yes, these are not multicylinders! But then I am sure you know that.

    Quote Originally Posted by payeng View Post
    Honda has a 400 cc, In line 4 cylinder engine in its CB Super Four model, which is on sale in Japan.


    Are you sure that it is still on sale in Japan? Coz I could not find it on sale since 2006.
    The Wheel was a great invention; Two Wheels with a Motor in between was even better!


    BMW Motorrad Days 2011

    Xbhp's Indo-French Kashmir-Ladakh Tour

  6. #46
    MG
    MG is offline
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Pune, Maharashtra, India
    Posts
    6,894
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ken cool View Post
    Are you sure that it is still on sale in Japan? Coz I could not find it on sale since 2006.
    Yes its still there for sale.
    Join xBhp On



    My photography page: Gourab Das Photography

  7. #47
    Rusted ken cool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New Delhi
    Posts
    4,718
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MG_Biker1806 View Post
    Yes its still there for sale.
    Ok, I will take you guys' word for it!
    The Wheel was a great invention; Two Wheels with a Motor in between was even better!


    BMW Motorrad Days 2011

    Xbhp's Indo-French Kashmir-Ladakh Tour

  8. #48
    Rusted sheelpriye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Purnia [Bihar]
    Posts
    1,967
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Rants & Blah! Perhaps not...

    The good 400cc bikes are dead, they are not coming back. The market for 400cc bikes is quite limited, that's why the old 400ccs were kept around for so long, R&D is too expensive for the limited sales, so the old designs stuck around until they could no longer comply with the emissions regulations. Those bikes were also not suitable for markets that didn't limit the size of the engines... They were not cheap, remember for example the FZR 400 and the Bandit 400, they weren't that much cheaper than their 600cc brothers, so they flopped big time wherever they were sold along with the bigger bikes.

    That's why the newer crop of 400cc bikes are nothing more than 650cc bikes with downsized engines. Spend the money on R&D for the 650, spend a bit more to turn it into a 400, and that's it.

    Something like a Ninja 500, even the Ninja 650 or the SV650, will allow you to develop good skills, but they won't let you develop bad habits like a 250 or smaller will. They are the kind of bikes that will let you know when you're screwing up, but will give you a chance to correct, unlike SS bikes.

    Sorry, but I'm not a believer of 250cc 4 stroke street bikes.(Though I might be forced to buy one )

  9. #49
    CommuTOURer satyenpoojary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    On road
    Posts
    6,784
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by payeng View Post
    Honda has a 400 cc, In line 4 cylinder engine in its CB Super Four model, which is on sale in Japan.
    We were talking about Yamaha.. Yes! Yamaha


    Quote Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
    how do ppl with R1's and Mt01's and Busa's are touring then ?
    arent they bothered abt high octane fuels?
    Beats me too... but I guess I am a bot overtly paranoid after reading Hyperions link! *Cough* time to save money and wait for someone to buy it and ride it long to let us know.

    Ken-da: whats your take on it? You rode the R1 for a LOOOONG time?
    Does it make a big deal as some people claim internationally.. there was a brilliant OF post on this..!

    Quote Originally Posted by sheelpriye View Post
    The good 400cc bikes are dead, they are not coming back. The market for 400cc bikes is quite limited, that's why the old 400ccs were kept around for so long, R&D is too expensive for the limited sales, so the old designs stuck around until they could no longer comply with the emissions regulations. Those bikes were also not suitable for markets that didn't limit the size of the engines... They were not cheap, remember for example the FZR 400 and the Bandit 400, they weren't that much cheaper than their 600cc brothers, so they flopped big time wherever they were sold along with the bigger bikes.

    That's why the newer crop of 400cc bikes are nothing more than 650cc bikes with downsized engines. Spend the money on R&D for the 650, spend a bit more to turn it into a 400, and that's it.

    Something like a Ninja 500, even the Ninja 650 or the SV650, will allow you to develop good skills, but they won't let you develop bad habits like a 250 or smaller will. They are the kind of bikes that will let you know when you're screwing up, but will give you a chance to correct, unlike SS bikes.

    Sorry, but I'm not a believer of 250cc 4 stroke street bikes.(Though I might be forced to buy one )
    Not exactly dead, what goes around comes around...
    The 400s are a rage in Japan and would\should soon spread to other countries where you are taxed heavily basis the CC bike you ride...

    So the 600s ate a bit of 1000's pie... now 400's will eat the 600's pie! The performance isnt a huge gap either!
    Super CommuTOURer� - Talk less, Ride more

    .: FB :.|.: TW :.|*IG*| Ex
    PowerDrift:.

    #Give thy opinion, write em, dont throw em
    #Everyone errs, accept it, defending/cribbing about it only makes it worse
    #Dont defend a manufacturer as if you work for them
    #Write. Think. If relevant hit submit. If not hit yourself
    #Be kind in your choice of words, you never know who would make you gulp em
    � Satyen Poojary

  10. #50
    Rusted madhav krishna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Bangalore, hyderabad
    Posts
    1,503
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Just asking out of curiousity. What happens if we use normal petrol in the SBKs?? AFAIK only engine power loss will result. Right?? Or would it make any damage to the engine??
    NOT BEEN THERE NOT DONE THAT

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Photo Feature]: A quick tour of the Harley Davidson Showroom in Delhi
    By Sunny in forum Superbike And Imports
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 11-21-2012, 08:46 PM
  2. Replies: 46
    Last Post: 08-07-2010, 12:52 PM
  3. Replies: 95
    Last Post: 02-05-2010, 11:26 PM
  4. Replies: 844
    Last Post: 09-12-2009, 05:33 PM
  5. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 11-25-2008, 05:17 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •