Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like minded biker friends. We have one common religion - Bikeism.

T-shirt
Magazine
Castrol Power 1

Look further to stay alive.

Our Partners



User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 41
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Kochi-Munnar-Ooty-Coorg on Ducatis on the Shell Advance Ultimate Riding Wonder!

  1. #1
    Super Moderator sunilg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ghaziabad
    Posts
    8,007
    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Kochi-Munnar-Ooty-Coorg on Ducatis on the Shell Advance Ultimate Riding Wonder!

    On 17 February 2012, Alessandro Donadello from Italy, will be in India to experience the thrill of riding the famous Coorg to Munnar route via Ooty first hand on a Ducati Monster 796 and a Ducati Multistrada 1200.

    The winning route was announced by 2006 MotoGP World Champion and Ducati Corse rider Nicky Hayden at the 2011 Shell Advance Malaysian MotoGP race. Hayden was part of an expert motorcycle panel that included distinguished representatives from Ducati Corse, Dorna, Shell Advance and the Sepang International Circuit. Completing the panel, whose job it was to help select the Ultimate Riding Wonder, were respected motorcycle journalists from China, India and Indonesia.

    This amazing prize was presented by Shell Advance as the climax of the ‘7 Riding Wonders of the World’ campaign in Sepang last year, where guests gathered from over 8 countries to decide which of the top 7 Riding Wonders voted for by the public would be crowned the world’s Ultimate Riding Wonder.

    With the Ultimate Riding Wonder selected, Donadello emerged as the lucky Shell Advance customer to visit India: “I can’t believe that I’ve won the chance to go on my first trip to India and to ride the Ultimate Riding Wonder. It’s a dream come true,” commented Mr. Donadello. “I am really looking forward to travelling in the mountains around Munnar on a Ducati. Thank you to Shell Advance for this unbelievable opportunity.”

    Speaking on their support of the ride Mirko Bordiga, CEO Ducati Asia Pacific, said “ We are extremely happy to provide our motorcycle, a Monster 796 and a Multistrada 1200, to Mr. Alessandro Donadello and Sundeep Gajjar for this thrilling initiative of our long-time partner Shell. I am sure that both bikes will make this experience a successful and exciting one. Enjoy the ride!”

    Speaking about the global initiative, Tanmay Jaswal, Shell Advance Global Marketing Manager, said: “When Shell Advance launched the 7 Riding Wonders of the World campaign, we were asking biking enthusiasts to help us find the riding roads, tracks and routes around the world that best complement our ethos of Responsiveness.

    “We feel the winning route from Coorg to Munnar is the ultimate route that can test the responsiveness of any type of bike you ride incorporating what we feel as the most important features of a riding road and believe our winner will feel ultimate joy on this once in a lifetime experience.”

    Nitin Prasad, Country Head, Shell Lubricants India- “We are so proud that a route in India was crowned the Ultimate Riding Wonder. The route from Coorg to Munnar via Ooty offers some of the country’s most stunning landscapes. Flat pastures quickly makes way of narrow and twisting tree-lined road, rising up into the hills. It’s a marvel of senses, as you enjoy the sight – and smell – of coffee, pepper, cardamom, cinnamon, and tea plantations along the way. We are excited to welcome our guest from Italy, and hope that this will increase the interest in riding in India.’’

    p.s.: xBhp is here in Cochin right now to cover the event and also to ride Ducati's on the Ultimate Riding Wonder



    As the 'official' riders of the trip we were the workhorses yesterday. Sunil and met got up at 5.30 AM and started from Kochi at 6.45 AM since the MTS arrived in Kochi (via truck from Mumbai) at around 5 AM only!

    The roads were decent from Kochi to Munnar, with some bad patches, however the drivers (especially in buses and taxis ) were suicidal. This truly is God's own country because i dont think that people here would survive it were for god himself. I would have no hesitation in declaring this as one of the most dangerous roads I have ever ridden on.

    However, all's well that ends well. We arrived in Chinnakanal (15 kms from Munnar) by 10.30 after a breakfast break in Munnar. After a short 15 minutes break we had to get back on the bikes with the winners of Shell Riding Wonder (Donadello and Alessandro from Italy). A crew from UK (which included a man who had taken jeremy's interview 'when he was no so famous') made us run up and down the winding roads of Munnar for video and static shots.

    The day finally wrapped up for us at 4 PM from where the other journalists too turns to ride the bikes.

    Right now we are in Munnar waiting for all the journos to get their turn with the bikes, so that we can load our stuff and start the actual ride.

    Some photos taken by the Shell photographer yesterday:













    evyavan likes this.
    (Been There Done That) x 3.25

  2. #2
    Rusted L.P.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    DL-7S
    Posts
    2,261
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Awesome
    " Nothing Z Forever,Except D Change "

    Spiti ||Binsar || Lansdowne

    Click Here to Subscribe to the xBhp Delhi SMS Channel
    Click here to See my Photography Work

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  3. #3
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ahmedabad
    Posts
    74
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    All the Best and wish you have safe journey Sunny. More fun will be you experiencing Multistrada in India !!

  4. #4
    Adventurer Shivanshu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    New Delhi
    Posts
    2,795
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thats cool..... Enjoy it!!!

    Save the Earth - We are the one who are running out of time, as Earth will take it own time to heal but that time may not be enough for us.


    http://www.ridesafewith.me
    I dont just ride my bikes, I live with them.
    Yamaha RX100 (1987)
    Yamaha YZF R15 (2010)
    Hero Impulse (2016)
    Maruti Suzuki Swift VDI (2011)
    GIRed 2012

  5. #5
    Rusted pawangreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New Delhi, India, India
    Posts
    323
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Great NEWS
    Regards
    Pawan Rathore
    Ride Hard Ride Safe
    Long Live xBhp

  6. #6
    Rookie intlrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunilg View Post

    You guys look good together

  7. #7
    Addicted Vicky2211's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Mumbai/Mulund
    Posts
    57
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    love the ducati ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My Blog !
    http://freedomofspeeed.blogspot.com

  8. #8
    Rusted superbikez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Islamabad, Pakistan
    Posts
    359
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    great!


    -
    >> Speed has a Soul >>

  9. #9
    Rusted rx100.7050's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New Delhi
    Posts
    2,602
    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunilg View Post
    On 17 February 2012, Alessandro Donadello from Italy, will be in India to experience the thrill of riding the famous Coorg to Munnar route via Ooty first hand on a Ducati Monster 796 and a Ducati Multistrada 1200.

    The winning route was announced by 2006 MotoGP World Champion and Ducati Corse rider Nicky Hayden at the 2011 Shell Advance Malaysian MotoGP race. Hayden was part of an expert motorcycle panel that included distinguished representatives from Ducati Corse, Dorna, Shell Advance and the Sepang International Circuit. Completing the panel, whose job it was to help select the Ultimate Riding Wonder, were respected motorcycle journalists from China, India and Indonesia.

    This amazing prize was presented by Shell Advance as the climax of the 7 Riding Wonders of the World campaign in Sepang last year, where guests gathered from over 8 countries to decide which of the top 7 Riding Wonders voted for by the public would be crowned the worlds Ultimate Riding Wonder.

    With the Ultimate Riding Wonder selected, Donadello emerged as the lucky Shell Advance customer to visit India: I cant believe that Ive won the chance to go on my first trip to India and to ride the Ultimate Riding Wonder. Its a dream come true, commented Mr. Donadello. I am really looking forward to travelling in the mountains around Munnar on a Ducati. Thank you to Shell Advance for this unbelievable opportunity.

    Speaking on their support of the ride Mirko Bordiga, CEO Ducati Asia Pacific, said We are extremely happy to provide our motorcycle, a Monster 796 and a Multistrada 1200, to Mr. Alessandro Donadello and Sundeep Gajjar for this thrilling initiative of our long-time partner Shell. I am sure that both bikes will make this experience a successful and exciting one. Enjoy the ride!

    Speaking about the global initiative, Tanmay Jaswal, Shell Advance Global Marketing Manager, said: When Shell Advance launched the 7 Riding Wonders of the World campaign, we were asking biking enthusiasts to help us find the riding roads, tracks and routes around the world that best complement our ethos of Responsiveness.

    We feel the winning route from Coorg to Munnar is the ultimate route that can test the responsiveness of any type of bike you ride incorporating what we feel as the most important features of a riding road and believe our winner will feel ultimate joy on this once in a lifetime experience.

    Nitin Prasad, Country Head, Shell Lubricants India- We are so proud that a route in India was crowned the Ultimate Riding Wonder. The route from Coorg to Munnar via Ooty offers some of the countrys most stunning landscapes. Flat pastures quickly makes way of narrow and twisting tree-lined road, rising up into the hills. Its a marvel of senses, as you enjoy the sight and smell of coffee, pepper, cardamom, cinnamon, and tea plantations along the way. We are excited to welcome our guest from Italy, and hope that this will increase the interest in riding in India.

    p.s.: xBhp is here in Cochin right now to cover the event and also to ride Ducati's on the Ultimate Riding Wonder
    SHALA, PAGLA KORE DEBE!!!
    This is really a wonderful news!!! XBHP sharing the limelight with Ducati. So, we will be drooling over some EXOTIC, EROTIC shots of Coorg & other places, eh? HD photos!! Man, really can't wait to see them. All the best of wishes.

  10. #10
    Rookie epic.fail.engineer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Secunderabad
    Posts
    45
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rx100.7050 View Post
    SHALA, PAGLA KORE DEBE!!!
    This is really a wonderful news!!! XBHP sharing the limelight with Ducati. So, we will be drooling over some EXOTIC, EROTIC shots of Coorg & other places, eh? HD photos!! Man, really can't wait to see them. All the best of wishes.
    I don't know if I can digest drooling over the 'erotic shots of Coorg'.

    Good Luck.
    Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught. - Oscar Wilde

    A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy? - Albert Einstein

    A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-28-2013, 04:55 PM
  2. Q: URGENT: Route Query : Kochi - Munnar - Ooty - Kochi
    By Sunny in forum Touring Queries: Route planning and itinerary
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-16-2012, 05:34 PM
  3. [Photo Feature]: B'lore-Ooty-Munnar-Kodai-B'lore 4days ... anyone interested ??
    By nagoo in forum The Tourer
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-28-2011, 06:09 PM
  4. Replies: 131
    Last Post: 09-19-2011, 06:05 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-17-2011, 06:05 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •