Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

#xBhpAxorHelmet #2

Axor
Castrol Power 1

The slower the vehicle, the quicker it can turn.

Our Partners

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: MV Agusta has teamed up with Kinetic for its Indian debut: xBhp News

  1. #11
    Mostly work. Rarely Ride. tanay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New Delhi
    Posts
    1,192
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: MV Agusta has teamed up with Kinetic for its Indian debut: xBhp News

    A Brutale 800 had been imported last year. Since it is 798 cc, homologation will have to be done -
    Name:  Brutale800.JPG
Views: 249
Size:  31.3 KB

    This must be the same bike that is being talked about earlier in this thread.
    200 | 300 | 1200 BOXER

  2. #12
    Rusted ALI.R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Kolkata
    Posts
    358
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: MV Agusta has teamed up with Kinetic for its Indian debut: xBhp News

    Isn't the MV Agusta F4 currently the fastest production bike (in stock condition) in the world? Or has it been over taken by the behemoth that is the Ninja H2? Not heard much on the outright top speed results for the H2 yet... Theoretically 360 yada yada yada we all know

  3. #13
    Rusted rachitkdogra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    DLF Phase1, Gurgaon
    Posts
    873
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: MV Agusta has teamed up with Kinetic for its Indian debut: xBhp News

    Quote Originally Posted by ALI.R View Post
    Isn't the MV Agusta F4 currently the fastest production bike (in stock condition) in the world? Or has it been over taken by the behemoth that is the Ninja H2? Not heard much on the outright top speed results for the H2 yet... Theoretically 360 yada yada yada we all know

    From my limited knowledge, there is no such thing anymore as the fastest production bike.

    It was held by Hayabusa for a very long time and then most Motorcycle manufacturers came to an agreement of restricting their bikes to 300km/hr.
    After hayabusa I have not seen this claim being made by any bike with my limited knowledge except by ZX14-R and I think the ZX14R has this tag now. BMW S1000RR also comes really close.

    Most modern bikes now are not only electronically restricted to 300 but geared also in a way that they wouldnt go much higer than 300 with de restricter with probably an exception of ZX14R, I think.

    Dont know about H2 making this claim till now atleast though. From what I know, I wouldnt be surprised it it also restricted/ geared to 300 only.

    Regards
    Rachit
    Rachit K Dogra

  4. #14
    Rusted ALI.R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Kolkata
    Posts
    358
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: MV Agusta has teamed up with Kinetic for its Indian debut: xBhp News

    Quote Originally Posted by rachitkdogra View Post
    From my limited knowledge, there is no such thing anymore as the fastest production bike.

    It was held by Hayabusa for a very long time and then most Motorcycle manufacturers came to an agreement of restricting their bikes to 300km/hr.
    After hayabusa I have not seen this claim being made by any bike with my limited knowledge except by ZX14-R and I think the ZX14R has this tag now. BMW S1000RR also comes really close.

    Most modern bikes now are not only electronically restricted to 300 but geared also in a way that they wouldnt go much higer than 300 with de restricter with probably an exception of ZX14R, I think.

    Dont know about H2 making this claim till now atleast though. From what I know, I wouldnt be surprised it it also restricted/ geared to 300 only.

    Regards
    Rachit

    Agree.. But I did read somewhere that MV Agusta actually refused to comply with the 'gentlemans agreement' to limit the top whack to 186mph (299kmph). The F4 I heard did 310+ bone stock.. Of course if the rev limiters were removed aftermarket then I guess the Busas and S1000RR to would clock 300+ ......

  5. #15
    Rusted rachitkdogra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    DLF Phase1, Gurgaon
    Posts
    873
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: MV Agusta has teamed up with Kinetic for its Indian debut: xBhp News

    Quote Originally Posted by ALI.R View Post
    Agree.. But I did read somewhere that MV Agusta actually refused to comply with the 'gentlemans agreement' to limit the top whack to 186mph (299kmph). The F4 I heard did 310+ bone stock.. Of course if the rev limiters were removed aftermarket then I guess the Busas and S1000RR to would clock 300+ ......
    Well in that case, I stand corrected. I was not aware of this attempt by the MV. Although I still think 310 is slower than Busa's claim. BUSA did some 316 or so back in the day.

    Regards
    Rachit
    Rachit K Dogra

  6. #16
    Rusted ALI.R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Kolkata
    Posts
    358
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: MV Agusta has teamed up with Kinetic for its Indian debut: xBhp News

    Quote Originally Posted by rachitkdogra View Post
    Well in that case, I stand corrected. I was not aware of this attempt by the MV. Although I still think 310 is slower than Busa's claim. BUSA did some 316 or so back in the day.

    Regards
    Rachit

    Even I could be wrong! Lets just say they all are scarily fast. 😁

  7. #17
    Mostly work. Rarely Ride. tanay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New Delhi
    Posts
    1,192
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: MV Agusta has teamed up with Kinetic for its Indian debut: xBhp News

    I do not know why other auto sites are not covering this. Maybe they will put up the news in some time.
    Anyway, MVA have informally launched the Brutale 1090 at 17.99 Lakhs ex-showroom Pune.
    VERY CHEAP.

    Link: MV Agusta informally launches its Brutale 1090 at Rs 17.99 lakh, unveils the F3 800 in Pune | Motoroids
    abilan likes this.
    200 | 300 | 1200 BOXER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-21-2015, 05:33 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-07-2014, 12:36 AM
  3. MV Agusta Brutale 800 RR: xBhp News
    By NewsReaper in forum News
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-30-2014, 03:46 AM
  4. MV Agusta F3 800: xBhp News
    By Ghost11 in forum News
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-02-2013, 05:27 PM
  5. MV Agusta F3 800 Launch: xBhp News
    By NewsReaper in forum News
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-27-2013, 12:36 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •