Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Regularly check tyre pressures.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Registration of vehicles stopped for non integration of HSRP with Vahan

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Registration of vehicles stopped for non integration of HSRP with Vahan

    The issuance of RC (certificate of registration) for all classes of motor vehicles has been blocked from Thursday in India. This is a result of not integrating the HSRP (High Security Registration Plate) with the ‘Vahan’ database. The National Informatics Centre (NIC) blocked access to the Transport Mission Mode Project’s pan-India application ‘Vahan’ for vehicle registration on a directive of the Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways.

    As a result of this drastic step, the RC cannot be issued for new vehicles in any state. The 3 states exempt from this are Madhya Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana because these 3 use their own software instead of ‘Vahan’. According to the previous directive, all classes of motor vehicles being registered had to be fitted with tamper-proof high security registration plate having many inbuilt security features by the 1st of April.

    Automobile manufacturers had been entrusted by MoRTH with the task of issuing the “security licence plate, including the third registration mark”. At the local level, it is for the automobile dealer to place a mark of registration on such plates and affix them on all new vehicles. In Kerala, on an average, 3,000 new vehicles are registered daily at the 79 Regional Transport Offices and Sub-Regional Transport Offices. Even temporary permits cannot be issued as the NIC blocked the access to the ‘Vahan’ database.

    SOURCE

  • #2
    Re: Registration of vehicles stopped for non integration of HSRP with Vahan

    I have registered my vehicle last month.

    If the new HSRP comes, will I have to update my license plate with that ? Is that mandatory ?

    Because, we don’t want to get into unwanted trouble from Traffic police later.
    When Life Throws You A Curve..
    Lean Into It..










    Apache RTR 200 4V 2.0 ABS (2019-Forever)


    Honda Activa 3G (2015-Current)


    Apache RTR 160 Dual Disc (2013-2015)

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Registration of vehicles stopped for non integration of HSRP with Vahan

      Originally posted by Harry J View Post
      I have registered my vehicle last month.



      If the new HSRP comes, will I have to update my license plate with that ? Is that mandatory ?



      Because, we don’t want to get into unwanted trouble from Traffic police later.

      HSRP is applicable only for vehicles mfg after 1st April 2019. All mfg have tied up with HSRP mfg to provide HSRP to customer at time of delivery.

      Based on mfg date of your vehicle, if HSRP is applicable, it will come from dealership. There is no extra charge to be paid for HSRP; price is to be absorbed by mfg.

      Despite notification stating mandatory fitment based on mfg date, some delears are fitting basis sale date. This will not cause any problems though.
      Mumbai - Bangalore Solo Ride

      A Breath-Taking Ride (Literally)

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Registration of vehicles stopped for non integration of HSRP with Vahan

        Originally posted by New guy View Post
        HSRP is applicable only for vehicles mfg after 1st April 2019. All mfg have tied up with HSRP mfg to provide HSRP to customer at time of delivery.

        Based on mfg date of your vehicle, if HSRP is applicable, it will come from dealership. There is no extra charge to be paid for HSRP; price is to be absorbed by mfg.

        Despite notification stating mandatory fitment based on mfg date, some delears are fitting basis sale date. This will not cause any problems though.
        I am from Navi Mumbai, I got the registration number today for my Fazer25, also the number plate on my bike is a regular one.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Registration of vehicles stopped for non integration of HSRP with Vahan

          I got my vehicle on April 6th , went for registration on April 26th. registration completed yesterday, hsrp plate was delivered yesterday by dealer . Apparently it is the duty of dealer to see to it that plates are fixed on our bikes . Only dealership can fix the plates .

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Registration of vehicles stopped for non integration of HSRP with Vahan

            Originally posted by burnoutdee View Post
            I am from Navi Mumbai, I got the registration number today for my Fazer25, also the number plate on my bike is a regular one.
            If the date of mfg is after April 1st, then it should be hsrp. Check the date of mfg on your regn papers.
            Mumbai - Bangalore Solo Ride

            A Breath-Taking Ride (Literally)

            Comment

            Working...
            X