Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Stop braking before you start turning.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ninja 250 is here... Finally!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Practically speaking !!!

    Well having followed this thread , all the speculation , theories etc .... I have come to a simple conclusion with one day to go b4 we actually know the REAL price of the Ninja 250 ,

    If priced under or near 2 lacs go for the Ninja

    Above 2.5 ~ 3 lac , go for the R15 and install racing kit , get the same performance on road and save your hard earned 1.5 lac.
    GO FAST OR GO HOME !

    Comment


    • Originally posted by MG_Biker1806 View Post
      @Bluevolt-Take a chill pill and wait for one more day.You are going wild with your imagination.And don't expect too much,the 2010 version still has the analog instrumentation.
      Sorry man, I am simply just too excited with the Ninja 250R...I have been waiting for the last couple of years for the bike! Anyway, I'll zip my mouth on this thread till after the launch...

      Comment


      • Originally posted by rider_no46 View Post
        Well having followed this thread , all the speculation , theories etc .... I have come to a simple conclusion with one day to go b4 we actually know the REAL price of the Ninja 250 ,

        If priced under or near 2 lacs go for the Ninja

        Above 2.5 ~ 3 lac , go for the R15 and install racing kit , get the same performance on road and save your hard earned 1.5 lac.
        Hmm.. Sesnsible opinion, but the sportsbike 'feel' is different

        And 1 D 3 H 49 M Left! How many of you are applying for leave tomorrow
        From variable Bhps to a constant 17.6 Bhp.

        Comment


        • I think if Bajaj is releasing its Fuel injected version, then we must'nt be surprised if the price tag is 3 lakhs. Fi version, as we all know is more expensive and Bajaj might have gone for it because of the norms in India getting stricter on not only pollution but emphasis by the govt on launching more fuel efficient vehicles.

          Comment


          • which color do you think suits ninja the best ???...
            Riding, loving and enjoying my lord of the streets.. FZ-S...

            And dreaming of an R6/R1/FZ1/CBR 1000RR


            sigpic

            Comment


            • Originally posted by krates View Post
              which color do you think suits ninja the best ???...
              Green anyday unless you are worried about the attention that you will be getting on road and since I have seen both the colours of Ninja in person so I can say that with some conviction.
              Join xBhp On



              My photography page: Gourab Das Photography

              Comment


              • there is a special edition of green one with black stripes on kawasaki site.. I hope it gets released too it will look cool but for some extra bucks
                Riding, loving and enjoying my lord of the streets.. FZ-S...

                And dreaming of an R6/R1/FZ1/CBR 1000RR


                sigpic

                Comment


                • Originally posted by MG_Biker1806 View Post
                  Green anyday unless you are worried about the attention that you will be getting on road and since I have seen both the colours of Ninja in person so I can say that with some conviction.
                  Attention or no attention - Ninja Green is THE color to get if anyone is thinking about getting the 250R! I love that color, personally, not to mention it looks absolutely menacing!
                  :)

                  Comment


                  • Go Green !

                    But this is not going to save Earth

                    as the saying goes "Go Green, Save Earth !"
                    Dream the impossible because dreams do come true !

                    Comment


                    • @Mr.Freak: Can you direct me to the post of mine where i cribbed about Ninja being overpriced. It seems that you were so busy with all those calulation of yours that you didnt read the thread properly.

                      So i request you to edit that post of yours, please.
                      sigpic

                      Yes, i blog too..

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by neo88 View Post
                        Go Green !

                        But this is not going to save Earth

                        as the saying goes "Go Green, Save Earth !"
                        It wont save our bank accounts either

                        Comment


                        • Some more (genuine) news (in addition to my old post):

                          1. The silencer is the same as the steel color one, just that it has been power-coated and made to look black.

                          2. The rear seat is green color (only on the green bike), but can be replaced to fit non-cushion hard luggage carrying part (like the SBKs).

                          3. The bike has 2 catalytic converters to meet the emission norms of 2010.

                          4. The bike took so much time to uncover because ARAI (The Automotive Research Association of India) was not issuing the necessary permissions for the launch and Bajaj had to make lot of changes for it to be approved for India. Bajaj has wasted around 4.5 months on getting the approvals from ARAI.

                          5. The Bajaj guy was unsure if the model is 2009 or 2010.(I hope Bajaj knows which model it is )

                          6. He also mentioned that the bike has some self-correcting feature in the Fi-Engine part (didn't understand what he meant ) and the mechanics don't need to open up anything if anything goes wrong.7. The whole fairing fits via 3 clips and 4 nuts and is very easily removable.

                          7. He got to ride the bike only a bit on the company test track at Chakan and said the bike has zero vibrations and the power curve is very uniform.

                          8. The Fi would not require CO setting as frequently as the P220 Fi.

                          9. The bike does around 125kmph @ 7k rpm on the 6th gear, and is ideal for touring.

                          10. And no, there won't be any striped designs on this model that Bajaj is releasing. The tank will have a "Kawasaki" decal and the faring will have a Ninja 250R sticker, apart from that no other stickers on the bike.(good that there are no Bajaj stickers )

                          11. Bajaj is just assembling this bike and selling it here, and there are no future plans to localize the parts to get the costs down. In other words he meant, the cost won't come down later .

                          OT: One non-Ninja news from the Bajaj guy:
                          The next 1000 P220 DTSi bikes will come with high quality IRC tyres fitted on them.

                          Again I hope the above news turns out to be true.
                          Last edited by chetanpulsar; 10-06-2009, 10:56 AM.
                          Chetan

                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by ashutosh_x View Post
                            It wont save our bank accounts either
                            Atleast, It would bring some GLUED EYES AND ATTENTION FROM CHICKS!!!
                            Mind you, that makes the bike risky, dont belive me?
                            Visit the funny incidents thread!!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by chetanpulsar View Post

                              2. The rear seat is green color (only on the green bike), but can be replaced to fit non-cushion hard luggage carrying part (like the SBKs).
                              so the rear is fixed like the R15 gave it's customers option of converting it in a strict one seater....

                              Originally posted by chetanpulsar View Post
                              3. The bike has 2 catalytic converters to meet the emission norms of 2010.
                              BAD.......
                              it wont be sounding good then....

                              Originally posted by chetanpulsar View Post
                              5. The Bajaj guy was unsure if the model is 2009 or 2010.(I hope Bajaj knows which model it is )
                              great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                              Originally posted by chetanpulsar View Post
                              6. He also mentioned that the bike has some self-correcting feature in the Fi-Engine part (didn't understand what he meant ) and the mechanics don't need to open up anything if anything goes wrong.
                              now somebody please explain me this that how it's injector will clean itself when it'll be shaking hands with our oh so pure fuel....
                              The Magician"

                              Comment


                              • @ChetanPulsar: There are absolutely NO stickers whatsoever on the Ninja which says "250R". There is Ninja and Kawasaki written on it, obviously, but NO 250R!

                                If, just before the model goes on sale, Bajaj themselves decide to put such a sticker, then, that's a different story, but the Ninja 250 does not come with any "250R" sticker, worldwide.
                                :)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X