Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like minded biker friends. Join the #16YearsOfxBhpCelebrations click here.

WE DESIGN ON

Lenovo ThinkPad
Magazine
Castrol Power 1

Accelerate quick but brake easy.

Our Partners

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Rolling stoppie query

  1. #11
    POS
    POS is offline
    Rusted POS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Pune
    Posts
    263
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    well guys i tried many time but never able to do stoppies on my cbz i tried many time but never able to attend it just suspension get press but never rare wheel leave the road can anyone tell me the correct way coz i tried it many time but not able to do it...
    No road is enough... No destination I search...

    1999 - ......... CBZ Classic (Owned)
    2011 - ......... CBR 250 R AB(Owned)
    2013 - ......... KTM Duke 390 (Owned)

    Meet me on Facebook | My Blog | Mail me

  2. #12
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    mumbai
    Posts
    172
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by POS View Post
    well guys i tried many time but never able to do stoppies on my cbz i tried many time but never able to attend it just suspension get press but never rare wheel leave the road can anyone tell me the correct way coz i tried it many time but not able to do it...
    stoppie on cbz is also as much tough as on unicorn.lets tell you some of the steps-
    1.choose the road which is not too slippery and also not have small pebbles on it.(highway roads but beware)

    2.take the bike to a speed of 15km/hr in 1st gear and make sure that the speed is constant.

    3.now only jam the front brake but remember that you should have that 15km/hr speed in your hand at the same time.
    4.if still not works do some adjustments-
    a. ask to do bleeding in the disc,worned out disc pads at the service station and its better if your handle is adjusted just parellel to the forks means they make a straight vertical line .

    5.during the time of braking thinks in your mind that back is going to lift for sure .by this you yourself understands the actual position while stoppie(i.e. place your butt 5-6 cms above the seat and try to sit as close as possible to the tank)

    follow all steps and i am sure you can do stoppies and remember that stoppies are the coolest stunts and if you are succeeded please tell us.
    sunny sms likes this.

  3. #13
    Rusted JOSH5898's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    COIMBATORE
    Posts
    885
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    guys first of all to do a stoppie you need a lot of practice and skill. You can follow the below steps. You can do stoppies in almost all the bikes just depends on your skill and courage.

    u must select a track with a good and grippy surface....first attempt baby stoppies with an approach speed of about 15-20 kmph preferably in the second gear, pull in the clutch just before ur gonna attempt the stoppie and then go for the stoppie. Things to be noted stoppie is not about how much pressure u apply on the brake but how much pressure u apply on the front shocks and the front tyre.

    The timing of ur brake application and ur weight transfer is what matters most.. jam in the brake completely when u do a stoppie. Apply the brake and at the same time transfer all ur body weight and pressure to the front of the bike, this can be done by locking the tank with both ur thighs and also keeping ur elbows straight and lifting your butt off the seat and leaning towards the front, the timing of ur brake application and body weight transfer should be perfect. When you feel the seat of your bike touches your butt just let go off the front brake of tap the rear brake and let the bike land or else you might flip over.

    if you get the technique of stoppie even for once, then it is a matter of days before u roll out a smooth stoppie extending to several feet.
    If u have anymore doubts regarding this or anything just post it here always wear your helmet,gloves and all other safety gears while trying these stunts....am not giving these advices just for the sake....these are from the painful experiences in my life.
    broken87 and Ravikiran like this.

  4. #14
    Rusted varun_r15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Charni road, Mumbai
    Posts
    760
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have seen many guys rolling honda dio..
    <Posted via Mobile>

  5. #15
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Panvel, Navi-Mumbai
    Posts
    247
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JOSH5898 View Post
    guys first of all to do a stoppie you need a lot of practice and skill. You can follow the below steps. You can do stoppies in almost all the bikes just depends on your skill and courage.

    u must select a track with a good and grippy surface....first attempt baby stoppies with an approach speed of about 15-20 kmph preferably in the second gear, pull in the clutch just before ur gonna attempt the stoppie and then go for the stoppie. Things to be noted stoppie is not about how much pressure u apply on the brake but how much pressure u apply on the front shocks and the front tyre.

    The timing of ur brake application and ur weight transfer is what matters most.. jam in the brake completely when u do a stoppie. Apply the brake and at the same time transfer all ur body weight and pressure to the front of the bike, this can be done by locking the tank with both ur thighs and also keeping ur elbows straight and lifting your butt off the seat and leaning towards the front, the timing of ur brake application and body weight transfer should be perfect. When you feel the seat of your bike touches your butt just let go off the front brake of tap the rear brake and let the bike land or else you might flip over.

    if you get the technique of stoppie even for once, then it is a matter of days before u roll out a smooth stoppie extending to several feet.
    If u have anymore doubts regarding this or anything just post it here always wear your helmet,gloves and all other safety gears while trying these stunts....am not giving these advices just for the sake....these are from the painful experiences in my life.
    well... there is ur answer... nice n detailed explaination of how to do it right...

  6. #16
    Rusted smoker n doper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Bengaluru/Lucknow
    Posts
    671
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JOSH5898 View Post
    guys first of all to do a stoppie you need a lot of practice and skill. You can follow the below steps. You can do stoppies in almost all the bikes just depends on your skill and courage.

    u must select a track with a good and grippy surface....first attempt baby stoppies with an approach speed of about 15-20 kmph preferably in the second gear, pull in the clutch just before ur gonna attempt the stoppie and then go for the stoppie. Things to be noted stoppie is not about how much pressure u apply on the brake but how much pressure u apply on the front shocks and the front tyre.

    The timing of ur brake application and ur weight transfer is what matters most.. jam in the brake completely when u do a stoppie. Apply the brake and at the same time transfer all ur body weight and pressure to the front of the bike, this can be done by locking the tank with both ur thighs and also keeping ur elbows straight and lifting your butt off the seat and leaning towards the front, the timing of ur brake application and body weight transfer should be perfect. When you feel the seat of your bike touches your butt just let go off the front brake of tap the rear brake and let the bike land or else you might flip over.

    if you get the technique of stoppie even for once, then it is a matter of days before u roll out a smooth stoppie extending to several feet.
    If u have anymore doubts regarding this or anything just post it here always wear your helmet,gloves and all other safety gears while trying these stunts....am not giving these advices just for the sake....these are from the painful experiences in my life.
    followed the above mentioned steps ....
    and ohh boy ... i can do stoppies now ... tried my first stoppie during feb 10 start and keeping in mind all these basic steps ... i was able to do a baby stoppie.... and now after one and a half month i can say proudly that i can do stoppie perfectly i can lift the rear tyre of the bike for about 3.5 feets that too on my p 220.

    thanks josh 5898

    now i want to try a rolling stoppie .... as in i want my front tyre to roll a bit while performing stoppie...[not the turning one but straight one itself]
    please help.
    2003 - 2009 : Pulsar 150 Classic (Sold)
    2009 - Present : Pulsar 220 Dtsi
    2009 - Present : Honda Activa
    2016 - Present : KTM Duke 390

  7. #17
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Panvel, Navi-Mumbai
    Posts
    247
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smoker n doper View Post
    followed the above mentioned steps ....
    and ohh boy ... i can do stoppies now ... tried my first stoppie during feb 10 start and keeping in mind all these basic steps ... i was able to do a baby stoppie.... and now after one and a half month i can say proudly that i can do stoppie perfectly i can lift the rear tyre of the bike for about 3.5 feets that too on my p 220.

    thanks josh 5898

    now i want to try a rolling stoppie .... as in i want my front tyre to roll a bit while performing stoppie...[not the turning one but straight one itself]
    please help.

    To do rppling stoppies... all u need to do is increase ur speed a lil bit... and when u achieve a good height loosen the frnt brake just a lil bit(or else u'll loose the height)... u'll get it rolling... the more u get comfertable... the more u can increase the speed... n go fr longer rolling stoppies...

    cheers...
    stunt safe...

  8. #18
    Rookie jatin almighty r15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    New delhi Tilak Nagar
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    can any one tell me how to do the same stunt on my R15

  9. #19
    Rookie jaskaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    amritsar
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    All the professional stunters please spread your knowledge and tell me how to ride on the front wheel keeping the rear wheel up.I can do stopping stoppie easily but i can't do rolling stoppies.please tell me step by step how to do rolling stoppie.Also explain me that how much brake should i apply and how much minimum speed should be there.

  10. #20
    Rusted shyamsharma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    BHUBANESWAR ( ODISHA )
    Posts
    291
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Smile stoppie

    hey even i want to know how to do a stoppie ?????

    i have apache bike ..........
    AutO RacinG, Bull FightinG, and MountaiN climbing are the only real SportS ... all others are GameS.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Kane Freisen 137mph world record stoppie
    By TheRedPill in forum The Stunter
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 11:16 AM
  2. chain rolling over sprocket problem!
    By preethamj in forum Help Me!
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-23-2009, 01:08 PM
  3. Query on L.E.D's
    By RanjithMN in forum Help Me!
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-27-2009, 01:05 PM
  4. a query on cornering
    By skyblues075 in forum General Biking Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-12-2009, 10:07 PM
  5. World Record Stoppie
    By heman in forum General Biking Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-15-2004, 10:38 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •