Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like minded biker friends. We have one common religion - Bikeism.

T-shirt
Magazine
Castrol Power 1

Dawn & dusk make slight hard to adjust.

Our Partners



User Tag List

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 176
Like Tree157Likes

Thread: Yogisays09's garage: VFR800, GSF1250 Bandit and the CBR 1000RR

  1. #1
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Navi Mumbai
    Posts
    145
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Yogisays09's garage: VFR800, GSF1250 Bandit and the CBR 1000RR

    Hey guys finally after saying good bye to 1993 Rx100, home comes an Inline 4 1993 CBR 600 F2. 2 months or R&D and searching , test rides, talking to dealers and middle man agents and god knows who who i had spoken to. Nights spent over Olx, Bikes4sale, quicker etc etc.
    Saw quite a few bikes: Yamaha FZR 250/FZR 400, ZX7R, few NC29's, NC23 etc etc. Some mechanically unfit, some legally unfit and the rest extremely over priced.
    Finally bought this 1993 CBR 600 F2 @ a little higher price than the market rate but a tension free bike.
    It Desperately needs a better paint job, hopefully after the rain god goes for a long vacation. Have been looking for some sources to get me a full body kit from Hong Kong but still no luck, these kits retail for appx 200 USD over the ebay but shipping to India is a bomb. Hope to have a trip to HK and personally get the kit.
    SPECIAL THANKS TO KUNAL (straight6) & AMIT GIDWANI (amitgid) FOR ENCOURAGING AND SUPPORTING ALL THE TIME DURING THE SEARCH AND FOR FUTURE HELP WHICH I WOULD NEED.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by B7ACKTHORN; 07-09-2014 at 10:35 PM.
    Binoy, kingzeeshan, SWAYAN and 4 others like this.

  2. #2
    Moderator Samarth 619's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Rajasthan
    Posts
    4,558
    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Smile

    Topic Approved.

    Its nice to see another biker's dream come true. I can understand the headache you went through.

    I believe monsoons are almost gone now, and hope the Xbhp members can help you with the body kit and repainting. All the best.
    ---
    Brotherhood, Rules, Freedom. Xbhp.
    Indian riding = Alertness, Anticipation and Adjustment.

  3. #3
    Rusted IronHide Shetty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Thane, Mumbai
    Posts
    325
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Congrats bro on the new possession of your. Yes i think it really needs a paint. Regarding Paints- check if it is available in south africa or Zimbabwe. I am coming back in November, so will be able to provide a helping hand, if needed Happy Riding bro
    Ride Safe
    Vrooom Vroooom

  4. #4
    Rusted JayD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
    Posts
    437
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thats a nice buy. Would love to know more and you have to post a nice ride report.
    Just flick the switch and twist my wrist
    The beast comes alive, bringing me back to life
    A tap to shift and flick of the wrist
    The beast takes flight bringing me back to life
    Kill the silence, tear apart the dark
    The beast rips the road, hell yeah, i feel alive.

    -JayD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  5. #5
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Navi Mumbai
    Posts
    145
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samarth 619 View Post
    Topic Approved.

    Its nice to see another biker's dream come true. I can understand the headache you went through.

    I believe monsoons are almost gone now, and hope the Xbhp members can help you with the body kit and repainting. All the best.
    Thanks a lot Bro, yes indeed a dream come true, its a pleasure riding a big boy, no comparison at all. I am leaving back to work (IRAQ) day after tomorrow and shall be back in the 2nd week of November , till then the beast will be kept covered in the parking after disconnecting the battery terminals.

    Quote Originally Posted by IronHide Shetty View Post
    Congrats bro on the new possession of your. Yes i think it really needs a paint. Regarding Paints- check if it is available in south africa or Zimbabwe. I am coming back in November, so will be able to provide a helping hand, if needed Happy Riding bro
    Thanks brother, first thing to be done is servicing and repaint once i am back after my 1 month work schedule. I appreciate your help bro, leme check if the kits are available in SA or Zimbabwe. I also travel every month to Iraq but my trip is just via Dubai or Abu Dhabhi airport transfers. Kit would weigh appx 15 kilos

    Quote Originally Posted by JayD View Post
    Thats a nice buy. Would love to know more and you have to post a nice ride report.
    Thanks JayD, Will surely post an ownership report, riding experiences and also the eve teasing and idiotic questions asked by other bikers on the road.
    Some info on the ride. Bought is from a fellow Xbhpian ArmeetSingh after eating his head for appx a month and a half bargaining to reduce every single grand from the asking price.
    Have ordered a few parts from ebay uk, which needs replacement in the near future, will be getting these fixed in November along with the painting thing.
    JayD likes this.

  6. #6
    Rusted princesirohi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Pune -- Mumbai
    Posts
    8,207
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    congrats buddy, and post some more pics, and if possible a video also.

    what is that cylinder like thing on the side of bike, just below pillion seat.

    is this the original paint scheme..??

  7. #7
    Rusted JayD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
    Posts
    437
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    @ yogisays09 - you can also consider getting a custom airbrush paint job. This bike has ample canvas for a uber cool airbrushing job. Its a beauty. Wonder what it sounds like ( thats your cue to upload a nice video, possibly a flyby and a walk around).

    Whats your status on the riding gear?
    Just flick the switch and twist my wrist
    The beast comes alive, bringing me back to life
    A tap to shift and flick of the wrist
    The beast takes flight bringing me back to life
    Kill the silence, tear apart the dark
    The beast rips the road, hell yeah, i feel alive.

    -JayD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  8. #8
    somen1984
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogisays09 View Post
    Hey guys finally after saying good bye to 1993 Rx100, home comes an Inline 4 1993 CBR 600 F2. 2 months or R&D and searching , test rides, talking to dealers and middle man agents and god knows who who i had spoken to. Nights spent over Olx, Bikes4sale, quicker etc etc.
    Saw quite a few bikes: Yamaha FZR 250/FZR 400, ZX7R, few NC29's, NC23 etc etc. Some mechanically unfit, some legally unfit and the rest extremely over priced.
    Finally bought this 1993 CBR 600 F2 @ a little higher price than the market rate but a tension free bike.
    It Desperately needs a better paint job, hopefully after the rain god goes for a long vacation. Have been looking for some sources to get me a full body kit from Hong Kong but still no luck, these kits retail for appx 200 USD over the ebay but shipping to India is a bomb. Hope to have a trip to HK and personally get the kit.
    SPECIAL THANKS TO KUNAL (straight6) & AMIT GIDWANI (amitgid) FOR ENCOURAGING AND SUPPORTING ALL THE TIME DURING THE SEARCH AND FOR FUTURE HELP WHICH I WOULD NEED.
    Congrats for a SBK!!

    But few questions in my mind :

    Just thinking why did you go for 1993 CBR model which is way oudated and hard to find parts easily?? Even SVC would be a problem, i guess??

    Any enenyship with Hyosung or Kawasaki ?? You could have got a good 650CC bike with proper SVC and parts when ever you want in india, rather than interneting here and there!!

    Really you think the price you got this bike is worth, when you will start a Hide and Seek game for parts ??

  9. #9
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Navi Mumbai
    Posts
    145
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by princesirohi View Post
    congrats buddy, and post some more pics, and if possible a video also.

    what is that cylinder like thing on the side of bike, just below pillion seat.

    is this the original paint scheme..??
    Sure , Will be posting more pics and a video soon, now i am totally tied with my shopping and packing as i have to leave back for work on the 6th night. Once i am back will do it asap. The cylinder like thing is the rear suspension gas chamber. No this is not the original paint scheme, its a custom paint job.

    Quote Originally Posted by JayD View Post
    @ yogisays09 - you can also consider getting a custom airbrush paint job. This bike has ample canvas for a uber cool airbrushing job. Its a beauty. Wonder what it sounds like ( thats your cue to upload a nice video, possibly a flyby and a walk around).

    Whats your status on the riding gear?
    Yep Airbrushing is also an option, and one of my close friend does it! Andrew Arora Inkster Tatoo. Yep it does sound kool, thats a supertrapp end can. Will post a video soon.
    Riding gear is on the card for november holidays. I have a weird work schedule, i work for 35 days in Iraq and get 35 days holidays back to Mumbai .

    Quote Originally Posted by somen1984 View Post
    Congrats for a SBK!!

    But few questions in my mind :

    Just thinking why did you go for 1993 CBR model which is way oudated and hard to find parts easily?? Even SVC would be a problem, i guess??

    Any enenyship with Hyosung or Kawasaki ?? You could have got a good 650CC bike with proper SVC and parts when ever you want in india, rather than interneting here and there!!

    Really you think the price you got this bike is worth, when you will start a Hide and Seek game for parts ??
    Well, Old is Gold , this is what i believe. Its my daily commuter bike when i am in Mumbai. No issues with service at all, Even pats not an issue. Ebay is full of OEM to After market stuff for the F2, as this was launched globally by Honda. Secondly the parts are relatively cheaper. Hyosung/India Kawa 250 650 doesnt impress me at all, even though better technology or what ever it may be, this IL4 is a diff class altogether. I am happy with the price, no issues at all. I have recently ordered the consumables and few other stuff over ebay UK which will be delivered to a friends place in Aberdeen and he will be getting it to me in Iraq within couple of weeks. Parts are available in Mumbai too, but the price diff is noticeable.
    JayD likes this.

  10. #10
    somen1984
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogisays09 View Post
    Well, Old is Gold , this is what i believe. Its my daily commuter bike when i am in Mumbai. No issues with service at all, Even pats not an issue. Ebay is full of OEM to After market stuff for the F2, as this was launched globally by Honda. Secondly the parts are relatively cheaper. Hyosung/India Kawa 250 650 doesnt impress me at all, even though better technology or what ever it may be, this IL4 is a diff class altogether. I am happy with the price, no issues at all. I have recently ordered the consumables and few other stuff over ebay UK which will be delivered to a friends place in Aberdeen and he will be getting it to me in Iraq within couple of weeks. Parts are available in Mumbai too, but the price diff is noticeable.

    Inline 4 is something very different, but just thinking ordering in UK or some where else is only for people who have contacts there. But for me as Indian Romeo. I would little step back from such thing, Just because i think i should get parts from Honda and it should have realiability and warranty.

    Does Honda here in Mumbai Service this bike ???

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Ownership Thread]: Honda CBR 1000rr '09 fireblade
    By bunnymarwaha in forum Motorcycle Ownership Experiences
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: 06-24-2014, 06:12 PM
  2. My 2010 CBR 1000RR (C-ABS)
    By TenHut in forum Superbike And Imports
    Replies: 661
    Last Post: 07-09-2013, 01:05 PM
  3. [Ownership Thread]: 2010 honda cbr 1000rr - Problems!
    By ambsace2003 in forum Motorcycle Ownership Experiences
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 07-29-2011, 05:34 PM
  4. [Help]: Finance scheme for the Honda CBR 1000RR
    By mike_usa in forum Help Me!
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-17-2010, 10:32 PM
  5. What happened to BMW S 1000RR Thread?
    By RascalAngel in forum General Biking Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-20-2010, 11:06 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •