Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like minded biker friends. We have one common religion - Bikeism.

T-shirt
Magazine
Castrol Power 1

Scan – see – think – act.

Our Partners



User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 80
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Help me buy a superbike

  1. #1
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    goa
    Posts
    25
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Help me buy a superbike

    Hey guys absolute noob here currently rides a R15. like I ride 100kms a month max i'm looking to buy a superbike mostly second hand and my budget is 10L max. note that I'd hardly be riding max i'll end up riding may be 200km's a month extremely lazy sob here . I have no idea how to check if the bike is any good so any help or leads to superbike owner who wants to sell would be good. I really like the Japanese bikes because of ride quality and easy to maintain. I like the design of the ducati's although they don't sound good.
    I'm in talks with a ducati 899 owner (2015) and he's quoting max 10.5 types, the bike is hardly ridden (3k km)but sucks that I have to reg it in my city as it's in another state that will cost me an extra 1.5 ? i assume

    Any advice on to which bike I should go far and how to check if the bike is in good condition would be really helpful.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Moderator The Monk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Gurgaon/ Kanpur
    Posts
    10,079
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Help me buy a superbike

    Query Approved

    Why are you planning to buy a motorcycle? Since you don't plan to even ride it!

    And if you have no prior experience, going from an R15 to a litre class might be a bit much.

    Apologies for being a party pooper, but i suggest not buying a superbike. But then, your money.
    Biking is not about what you have between your legs, its all about how well you use it!!!!!!!

    Give your details here if you want to help your fellow xBhpian stranded in your city

    Touring Blog: Cycling in Mongolia!

  3. #3
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    goa
    Posts
    25
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Help me buy a superbike

    hehe, i totally agree I wanted to buy a 600 cc but couldn't find one. could u tell me about daytona 675 i'll definitely consider it but there aren't any sellers and the one who are selling are just quoting too much.

  4. #4
    Rusted HyperRetard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Amritsar
    Posts
    1,513
    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Help me buy a superbike

    For 200 km a month, get a bike which looks good parked.
    And Ducatis are good enough for that. (Well, they are good enough for more than that, but I wont go there) (Umm, jk, I will, ofcourse. Coast to Coast (and back?) with an Italian Supermodel | Adventure Rider
    'Round the World with an Italian Supermodel | Adventure Rider )

    With your usage, get a pretty bike, if you must get one.


    But then, who am I to say, I'm averaging 100 km/month with my year old motorcycle, 450 of which were done in a single day)
    Pulsar AS 200 2016 - 20??

  5. #5
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    goa
    Posts
    25
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Help me buy a superbike

    Thanks for those blog links will check it out. looks like I'm gonna buy the panigale

  6. #6
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indore
    Posts
    163
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Help me buy a superbike

    italians are fast. commited. they r not for leisurely 35kmph in 5th gear cruising kinda machines. there would be no pillion riding ever. you ll detest the idea of taking a pillion. with a panigale either you will get into 1000km a month mode or you wont ride her beyond your first 100kms. take few extra long 20 30 km test rides of at least a few sbks before finalising. if you spend a little longer time with a ducati, todays reliable easy to maintain new gen ducati, you ll never like anything else again.

  7. #7
    Rusted Deathwing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    1,283
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Help me buy a superbike

    Go for a 600-800cc bike makes the best sense, the ninja 650 or z650 or z900 makes as great mid range bike tho the latter is a bit well powered, if your willing to spend go for a Daytona 675 with your eyes closed but if u want more city riding ,go for a Street triple or Wait for a Street triple rs765 looks the best package but wil be priced between 10;-12 lakhs , benelli is OK but their after sales is bad, Yamaha have only the fz09 which is tremendously torquey tho yet to see one review of the bike, fz07 is ideal for India , CBR 650 f is a good tourer with a decent power band, mid range, ducati again lactose you have lack of service center and spares which make it a nightmare.

  8. #8
    Speedy
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Pune
    Posts
    243
    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Help me buy a superbike

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathwing View Post
    Go for a 600-800cc bike makes the best sense, the ninja 650 or z650 or z900 makes as great mid range bike tho the latter is a bit well powered, if your willing to spend go for a Daytona 675 with your eyes closed but if u want more city riding ,go for a Street triple or Wait for a Street triple rs765 looks the best package but wil be priced between 10;-12 lakhs , benelli is OK but their after sales is bad, Yamaha have only the fz09 which is tremendously torquey tho yet to see one review of the bike, fz07 is ideal for India , CBR 650 f is a good tourer with a decent power band, mid range, ducati again lactose you have lack of service center and spares which make it a nightmare.
    Brother,

    Here are my suggestions:

    1) Honda CBR650F - First option - Suggesting to buy this ASAP if you like it - because Honda is giving very good deal only till 31-March-2017. After that they may bring updated model to fit BS4 emission norms and that would go costlier. Right now it is coming to below Rs 7.3 L on road Pune.

    2) Kawasaki ER6N - Second option - This is right now as low as Rs 4.4 L or they may even go below that...Only big drawback of this is NO ABS (according to me this is a big drawback as a powerful bike must have ABS). But If you are confident of riding sensibly without pushing too hard on brakes, you can go for this

    3) Used Triumph Street Triple/Kawasaki Z800 - Both are very good choices. You are unlikely to get first hand though as new Triple and new Z900 will be coming soon and hence existing model bookings are almost closed. But since you plan to have very less usage, why not go for used one? Anyway people who originally bought them would be maintaining these with great care and hence condition would be very good. One more good thing about these bikes is that unless you push them hard, they are quite manageable for general casual riding and both have their own unique looks and sound etc.

    4) Used Benelli 600i - This could come cheap as well - but again older version of this has NO ABS - hence it is not up on my suggestion list.

    By the way guys, just want to share one experience with all of you - please check my article:

    http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/motorspo...-mar-17-a.html

    ----consecutive posts auto-merged-----

    Quote Originally Posted by jeevan.chaukar View Post
    Brother,

    Here are my suggestions:

    1) Honda CBR650F - First option - Suggesting to buy this ASAP if you like it - because Honda is giving very good deal only till 31-March-2017. After that they may bring updated model to fit BS4 emission norms and that would go costlier. Right now it is coming to below Rs 7.3 L on road Pune.

    2) Kawasaki ER6N - Second option - This is right now as low as Rs 4.4 L or they may even go below that...Only big drawback of this is NO ABS (according to me this is a big drawback as a powerful bike must have ABS). But If you are confident of riding sensibly without pushing too hard on brakes, you can go for this

    3) Used Triumph Street Triple/Kawasaki Z800 - Both are very good choices. You are unlikely to get first hand though as new Triple and new Z900 will be coming soon and hence existing model bookings are almost closed. But since you plan to have very less usage, why not go for used one? Anyway people who originally bought them would be maintaining these with great care and hence condition would be very good. One more good thing about these bikes is that unless you push them hard, they are quite manageable for general casual riding and both have their own unique looks and sound etc.

    4) Used Benelli 600i - This could come cheap as well - but again older version of this has NO ABS - hence it is not up on my suggestion list.

    By the way guys, just want to share one experience with all of you - please check my article:

    http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/motorspo...-mar-17-a.html
    By the way, one important thing - once you are into Superbike category, After Sales and Service will be a very different experience. You will be treated in nice manner by most service centres on a human level but availability of spares will be time consuming except for running parts. This is true for ALL brands (Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, Triumph, Kawasaki, Benelli, Ducati etc). E.g. My Triumph Street Triple - it took almost 3 months for replacement front rim to arrive.

  9. #9
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    goa
    Posts
    25
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Help me buy a superbike

    Quote Originally Posted by entsurgeon View Post
    italians are fast. commited. they r not for leisurely 35kmph in 5th gear cruising kinda machines. there would be no pillion riding ever. you ll detest the idea of taking a pillion. with a panigale either you will get into 1000km a month mode or you wont ride her beyond your first 100kms. take few extra long 20 30 km test rides of at least a few sbks before finalising. if you spend a little longer time with a ducati, todays reliable easy to maintain new gen ducati, you ll never like anything else again.

    Thanks man I'll take a test ride before finalizing.

    ----consecutive posts auto-merged-----

    Quote Originally Posted by jeevan.chaukar View Post
    Brother,

    Here are my suggestions:

    1) Honda CBR650F - First option - Suggesting to buy this ASAP if you like it - because Honda is giving very good deal only till 31-March-2017. After that they may bring updated model to fit BS4 emission norms and that would go costlier. Right now it is coming to below Rs 7.3 L on road Pune.

    2) Kawasaki ER6N - Second option - This is right now as low as Rs 4.4 L or they may even go below that...Only big drawback of this is NO ABS (according to me this is a big drawback as a powerful bike must have ABS). But If you are confident of riding sensibly without pushing too hard on brakes, you can go for this

    3) Used Triumph Street Triple/Kawasaki Z800 - Both are very good choices. You are unlikely to get first hand though as new Triple and new Z900 will be coming soon and hence existing model bookings are almost closed. But since you plan to have very less usage, why not go for used one? Anyway people who originally bought them would be maintaining these with great care and hence condition would be very good. One more good thing about these bikes is that unless you push them hard, they are quite manageable for general casual riding and both have their own unique looks and sound etc.

    4) Used Benelli 600i - This could come cheap as well - but again older version of this has NO ABS - hence it is not up on my suggestion list.

    By the way guys, just want to share one experience with all of you - please check my article:

    http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/motorspo...-mar-17-a.html

    ----consecutive posts auto-merged-----



    By the way, one important thing - once you are into Superbike category, After Sales and Service will be a very different experience. You will be treated in nice manner by most service centres on a human level but availability of spares will be time consuming except for running parts. This is true for ALL brands (Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, Triumph, Kawasaki, Benelli, Ducati etc). E.g. My Triumph Street Triple - it took almost 3 months for replacement front rim to arrive.
    I would love to buy a 600 cc superbike but not the tourers. I just don't like them. I wished they bring the r6 but I guess that's not happening. In talks with a 2013 cbr 1000 owner looks like I might go for it or the ducati 899 panigale.

    ----consecutive posts auto-merged-----

    Thanks everyone I'll update once i finalize and will post picture

  10. #10
    Speedy
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Pune
    Posts
    243
    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Help me buy a superbike

    Quote Originally Posted by danish7 View Post
    Thanks man I'll take a test ride before finalizing.

    ----consecutive posts auto-merged-----



    I would love to buy a 600 cc superbike but not the tourers. I just don't like them. I wished they bring the r6 but I guess that's not happening. In talks with a 2013 cbr 1000 owner looks like I might go for it or the ducati 899 panigale.

    ----consecutive posts auto-merged-----

    Thanks everyone I'll update once i finalize and will post picture
    I hope you are not mixing Naked Sport and Tourers...There are just few dedicated tourers and few other bikes are Adventure/Tourers.
    Lowest end adventure/tourer is Royal Enfield Himalayan. Then you have Kawasaki Versys 650, 1000 and Benelli 600 GT - all three are tourers that can handle bad road but not meant for any offroad. After that you have Tiger XR/XRX 800 and 1200 versions. These are also more bad road friendly but not off road (XC/XCX are off roaders).
    At upper end you have Ducati Multistrada which is mix of everything...

    What I mentioned are naked or faired sport bikes - Honda CBR650F, Kawasaki Ninja 650 are faired, Triumph Street Triple, Benelli 600i, Kawasaki Z800 are nakeds. Of all these Triumph and Kawasaki are sportiest feeling bikes. But both have upcoming replacements soon.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. My First superbike
    By Rinkesh Shah in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-23-2016, 08:07 PM
  2. Which superbike?
    By Adnan Manna in forum Superbike And Imports
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 09-03-2015, 09:17 PM
  3. MTT Superbike
    By fasterthanthefastest in forum Superbike And Imports
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 01-25-2013, 01:46 PM
  4. Planning to buy 600 cc superbike
    By hp2.shah in forum Superbike And Imports
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 02-22-2011, 03:13 AM
  5. Superbike in 4-5 lakhs
    By Bestofrivals in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-06-2009, 01:16 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •