Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like minded biker friends. We have one common religion - Bikeism.

T-shirt
Magazine
Castrol Power 1

Hot days = molten tar = slip/slide.

Our Partners



User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Z650 one of the bucket list !

  1. #1
    Rookie Ak1765's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Z650 one of the bucket list !

    This is my first time posting on xbhp. Mods please let me know if I need to edit anything in a particular way..

    So this has been in process for a long time. Been riding Royal Enfield's all my life and was yearning for a different motorcycling experience.. I wanted something that I could use both for office commutes and also short getaways !! Most importantly I wanted something that would make me grin like a little child whenever I would ride it.

    My search went on for a lot of bikes.. but somehow I wasn't convinced. I could sit here and mention all the logical points to consider when buying a bike but for me it came right down to my gut. I test rode a lot of bikes (Yamaha fz25 to Triumph Street twin) but when I rode the z650 I felt like there was a bond. And that's all it was. Yes it is not the most logical choice.. the ground clearance is low and you will struggle over huge bumps. As you approach a bump there is a brief nano second of hesitation, but after that all you feel is pure adrenaline fun !!

    I have just got the delivery today and I will never forget this amazing day !

    Thank you Anzen Kawasaki Mumbai for making this such a smooth experience for me.

    Few pics of my Hulk 😁👇👇👇




    As of now I have fit only a radiator guard on my bike. Will be ordering the protectors online. I have considered ordering from AliExpress. Please do let me know if there any places in Mumbai / India I could order from. I know 6kiom also has these accessories.. also need to get some ceramic / glass coating on my bike to prevent scratches. If you guys could recommend some good place to get it done in Mumbai I would be grateful.

    Will keep posting my experiences 😁

  2. #2
    Moderator The Monk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Gurgaon/ Kanpur
    Posts
    10,079
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Z650 one of the bucket list !

    Ownership Thread Approved

    Congratulations on your new motorcycle
    Ak1765 likes this.
    Biking is not about what you have between your legs, its all about how well you use it!!!!!!!

    Give your details here if you want to help your fellow xBhpian stranded in your city

    Touring Blog: Cycling in Mongolia!

  3. #3
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Trivandrum,
    Posts
    28
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Z650 one of the bucket list !

    Quote Originally Posted by Ak1765 View Post
    This is my first time posting on xbhp. Mods please let me know if I need to edit anything in a particular way..

    So this has been in process for a long time. Been riding Royal Enfield's all my life and was yearning for a different motorcycling experience.. I wanted something that I could use both for office commutes and also short getaways !! Most importantly I wanted something that would make me grin like a little child whenever I would ride it.
    Will keep posting my experiences ������
    Congrats! Happy Riding.

    Please read the manual once, It has got some good information on how to ride and maintain.

    All the best.

  4. #4
    Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Z650 one of the bucket list !

    Quote Originally Posted by Ak1765 View Post
    As of now I have fit only a radiator guard on my bike. Will be ordering the protectors online. I have considered ordering from AliExpress. Please do let me know if there any places in Mumbai / India I could order from. I know 6kiom also has these accessories.. also need to get some ceramic / glass coating on my bike to prevent scratches. If you guys could recommend some good place to get it done in Mumbai I would be grateful. Will keep posting my experiences ������
    Heartiest Congratulations AK! I can understand your elation as I got my 2018 Ninja 650 3 weeks ago as well. For accessories I ordered from R&G Racing but in hindsight you can just go with the package from ANZEN (Rs 26000 odd) if you want R&G products or go with AliExpress after researching the product. Also if you have been added to the Kawasaki group on whatsapp by Anzen you can check if anyone has experience with AliExpress - Im sure someone will have. I have been checking for tank pads and such and I am ordering them from AliExpress. Same for the power socket. For coating I did ceramic coating last week and I can provide the contact details of the place to you. I dont have any feedback yet since its new but I am told it will increase the life of the paint. But I can say it provides peace of mind for sure! I can provide you the details if you can leave my your number on here or contact me in the Kawasaki Group. (Ask for Omkar!).

  5. #5
    Rookie Ak1765's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Z650 one of the bucket list !

    Quote Originally Posted by ady2k View Post
    Congrats! Happy Riding.

    Please read the manual once, It has got some good information on how to ride and maintain.

    All the best.
    Yes I have a copy of it on my phone which I keep referring to !

  6. #6
    Rookie Ak1765's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Z650 one of the bucket list !

    Quote Originally Posted by ManOnFire View Post
    Heartiest Congratulations AK! I can understand your elation as I got my 2018 Ninja 650 3 weeks ago as well. For accessories I ordered from R&G Racing but in hindsight you can just go with the package from ANZEN (Rs 26000 odd) if you want R&G products or go with AliExpress after researching the product. Also if you have been added to the Kawasaki group on whatsapp by Anzen you can check if anyone has experience with AliExpress - Im sure someone will have. I have been checking for tank pads and such and I am ordering them from AliExpress. Same for the power socket. For coating I did ceramic coating last week and I can provide the contact details of the place to you. I dont have any feedback yet since its new but I am told it will increase the life of the paint. But I can say it provides peace of mind for sure! I can provide you the details if you can leave my your number on here or contact me in the Kawasaki Group. (Ask for Omkar!).
    Hey Omkar I am in the Kawasaki group as well ... I just felt that the accessories were a bit over priced so will order from AliExpress. I have a friend who orders regularly from them and he is quite satisfied.. if there is anything else I am sure I can always get in touch 😁

  7. #7
    Rookie Ak1765's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Z650 one of the bucket list !

    Initial ownership experience ..

    So I got my number just yesterday and now I am all good to go 😁 rode for the first time in peak traffic and I am so thankful that hulk is so nimble on its feet. My thunderbird felt more difficult to manuveour in traffic than this beast. My office runs aren't much thankfully. I cover about 6 kms one way so I intend to use it daily and will dash through the hills over the weekend !

    Initial impressions : The bike with just 30 Kms on the odo does tend to heat up but the radiator does its job very effectively. I am sure it will dissipate heat more efficiently as time goes on. Also the Ergos are absolutely fantastic ! All the heat is directed away from you so it's extremely comfortable to ride.

    The ground clearance was my major concern and still is two up but even with my bulky dimensions normal speed bumps are absolutely fine !

    One thing I do need to point out is the amazing suspension set up ! It is set up perfectly for our Indian road conditions and kudos to Kawasaki for getting it right. I was considering adjusting the preload on the rear suspension but it's good as it is for me now.

    The mileage indicator is saying that I am getting around 20 kmpl but I haven't actually tested it myself. I don't intend to as well. I am ok as long as it doesn't make me run to the fuel pump very often.

    I also came across this shop called Crossroads in Mira road for biking gear and accessories.. am planning head there this weekend.. my next itch is to go for a ride which I won't dare unless I have proper riding gear..

  8. #8
    Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Z650 one of the bucket list !

    Hi AK. I'm also headed to Crossroads this Saturday for some luggage. On longer runs on highways (200km odd) I have gotten 30kmpl but I stayed around 4000rpm for the most part. I have seen several times in the city traffic that the temp gauge goes Upto 5 out of 6 bars then the fan kicks in and lowers it. I was initially concerned as the temp goes up rather quick.
    Could you please check with your friend if he has experience with tank pads and tank grips (sides) on AliExpress?!
    Ak1765 likes this.

  9. #9
    Rookie Ak1765's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Z650 one of the bucket list !

    Quote Originally Posted by ManOnFire View Post
    Hi AK. I'm also headed to Crossroads this Saturday for some luggage. On longer runs on highways (200km odd) I have gotten 30kmpl but I stayed around 4000rpm for the most part. I have seen several times in the city traffic that the temp gauge goes Upto 5 out of 6 bars then the fan kicks in and lowers it. I was initially concerned as the temp goes up rather quick.
    Could you please check with your friend if he has experience with tank pads and tank grips (sides) on AliExpress?!
    Yes he has ordered tank pads from Ali express. No problems just took around 4 weeks to deliver..

  10. #10
    Rookie Ak1765's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Z650 one of the bucket list !

    Quote Originally Posted by ManOnFire View Post
    Hi AK. I'm also headed to Crossroads this Saturday for some luggage. On longer runs on highways (200km odd) I have gotten 30kmpl but I stayed around 4000rpm for the most part. I have seen several times in the city traffic that the temp gauge goes Upto 5 out of 6 bars then the fan kicks in and lowers it. I was initially concerned as the temp goes up rather quick.
    Could you please check with your friend if he has experience with tank pads and tank grips (sides) on AliExpress?!
    Also how many Kms have you covered on your bike ?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Kawasaki z650 or benelli 600i 2017 ?
    By rishal_7 in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-09-2017, 08:31 AM
  2. Benelli 600i or kawasaki z650
    By ethanbikerhuntVN in forum General Biking Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-07-2017, 04:52 AM
  3. Kawasaki Z650 or Duke 390
    By Jon Niranjan Paul in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-28-2016, 08:01 PM
  4. Kawasaki Unveils the new Z900 and Z650
    By NewsReaper in forum News
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-15-2016, 10:28 AM
  5. [Photo Feature]: List of certified iba rides from india ( uptodate list )
    By experimentalhead in forum The Tourer
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 05-27-2014, 02:06 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •