Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like minded biker friends. We have one common religion - Bikeism.

T-shirt
Magazine
Castrol Power 1

Always keep the chain well lubricated.

Our Partners



User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 58
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Renovation 1972 Jawa 250 (353/04)

  1. #41
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bangalore/Chennai
    Posts
    73
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Renovation 1972 Jawa 250 (353/04)

    Quote Originally Posted by rk1685 View Post
    Project completed. Minor troubles remain. Steering nut loosening, oil leakage near exhaust pipe nuts and LHS clutch cover. Rest all good.
    Very neat restoration. The indicators look a little out of place(just my thought). May be you can try the Yezdi type indicators.
    My bond with the oil hearts :

    2008 Apache RTR 160 EFI
    2011 Royal Enfield Classic - 500 EFI
    2014 Royal Enfield Thunderbird - 350
    1988 Yezdi Roadking
    1983 Rajdoot 350

    All in possession !!!

  2. #42
    Resurgam
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    160
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Renovation 1972 Jawa 250 (353/04)

    Thank you. Running in going on smoothly.

  3. #43
    Resurgam
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    160
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Renovation 1972 Jawa 250 (353/04)



    Okay. Some minor changes done.
    Mirror installation check. Fuel tank lid check. Fuel efficiency long distance ride 38KmpL. New speedometer check (kept the older one as a spare).
    No oil leakage. Added a pair of focus LED lights. Rest all is well after 18months. Reliable enough for a 400kms long distance journey during the rainy season.
    Last edited by rk1685; 10-02-2017 at 08:06 PM.

  4. #44
    Rusted krishna77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Dum Dum, Kolkata
    Posts
    5,107
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Renovation 1972 Jawa 250 (353/04)

    Nicely done!

  5. #45
    Resurgam
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    160
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Renovation 1972 Jawa 250 (353/04)

    The 3rd gear was slipping into neutral very too frequently for me to be okay with it. The seal of the Right front fork started to leak. There was some play in the steering column. There was some sputtering while driving due to the Pacco P43 carburettor.
    Changed the layshaft, 16t, 17t gears, crank and top gear oil seals, bushes, oil seal holder for the fork & the carburettor back to the Jikov. Just had to use the carburettor slide from the PACCO P43 as there was too much play in the previous Jikov slide.
    Used this opportunity to change the Clutch bell, Plates & springs for the clutch & cam, main stand (due to excessive play in the older stand). Unfortunately, it is Delhi make, however got it welded with bolts as a supporting structure where the chassis rests on it.
    Also changed the kick-quadrant and its spring (broken tooth).
    Oh! It is so pleasant to ride now.
    By the way instead of using EP 90 gear oil used the 20W50 engine oil in the gear box. The gear shifting is as good as a new bike, i.e. smoother and noiseless.
    Waiting for the weekend...
    sstherockz likes this.

  6. #46
    Rusted sstherockz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    274
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Renovation 1972 Jawa 250 (353/04)

    I just read you whole restoration thread sir. My hearty congrats on restoring Jawa. Hope you munch more miles
    rk1685 likes this.
    Apache RTR 180 (The Valentine) 2012 - 2016
    RC 200 (The GRUNTER) 2016 - 2016
    CBR 250R (F.R.I.D.A.Y) 2017 - Present

    CBR Ride to Pichavaram

  7. #47
    Resurgam
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    160
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Renovation 1972 Jawa 250 (353/04)



    Well! The bike is very very smooth, touch-wood!
    The tail-lamp glass had cracked, replaced it.


  8. #48
    Rookie ringoism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Manali
    Posts
    20
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Renovation 1972 Jawa 250 (353/04)

    Quote Originally Posted by rk1685 View Post
    Well! The bike is very very smooth, touch-wood!
    The tail-lamp glass had cracked, replaced it.
    Beautiful bike you've got there. It must get a lot of attention. I test-rode one of these in Bangalore back in around 2001/2002 maybe, it was a 1968 model if I recall. A second-hand dealer had it, quoted something like Rs8,000 I think, which seemed an exhorbitant price at the time. Later wished that I'd bought it. Always loved the sound of these Jawa / Yezdi's, they look good and handle superbly, have ample power, and of course they are becoming more valuable now.

    Glad to hear of someone who'd consider taking such a classic on a 400km road trip. The bikes, old as their tech may be, have aged well and are certainly up to the task.

    -Eric
    rk1685 likes this.

  9. #49
    Resurgam
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    160
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Renovation 1972 Jawa 250 (353/04)

    Quote Originally Posted by ringoism View Post
    Beautiful bike you've got there. It must get a lot of attention. I test-rode one of these in Bangalore back in around 2001/2002 maybe, it was a 1968 model if I recall. A second-hand dealer had it, quoted something like Rs8,000 I think, which seemed an exhorbitant price at the time. Later wished that I'd bought it. Always loved the sound of these Jawa / Yezdi's, they look good and handle superbly, have ample power, and of course they are becoming more valuable now.

    Glad to hear of someone who'd consider taking such a classic on a 400km road trip. The bikes, old as their tech may be, have aged well and are certainly up to the task.

    -Eric
    Thank you.

    It does get a lot of attention - appreciative gestures from uncles & envious glances from youngsters.

    In 2001/2002, 8K was expensive. They do have a great feel & handle fairly well.

    Trust my bike & God, not to let me down (pun intended).

    After the restoration, I didn't trust the Railways to bring back my bike unscathed, hence drove it back. It felt as if I was driving a brand new bike directly from the factory.
    I am having my fun with city driving now.

    I appreciate all the positivity and motivation provided by all here in this forum.
    WindPacer likes this.

  10. #50
    Rusted WindPacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Kochi
    Posts
    274
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Renovation 1972 Jawa 250 (353/04)

    Quote Originally Posted by rk1685 View Post
    Thank you.

    It does get a lot of attention - appreciative gestures from uncles & envious glances from youngsters.

    In 2001/2002, 8K was expensive. They do have a great feel & handle fairly well.

    Trust my bike & God, not to let me down (pun intended).

    After the restoration, I didn't trust the Railways to bring back my bike unscathed, hence drove it back. It felt as if I was driving a brand new bike directly from the factory.
    I am having my fun with city driving now.

    I appreciate all the positivity and motivation provided by all here in this forum.
    @rk1685 Always been a huge fan of the Yezdi - Roadking and its forefathers the entire Jawa line. This love started when my uncle picked up his Classic around 25 years ago when i was literally a very small child. I can still hear the Exhaust roar in my ears and it feels so fresh and they used to give me goosebumps every time he pumped and started the bike...

    It's always so pleasing to see and hear people say and talk about restoring bikes...moreover the feeling becomes ecstatic when someone actually gets it down; like what we have here in your case Sir...Great Work


    ATGATT !!!

    Cheers,
    WindPacer
    rk1685 likes this.
    "Take a deep breath It's Just a BAD DAY, Not a BAD LIFE" - courtesy "The Unknown"

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Jawa - 1973 model
    By prajnyan in forum Thumpers,2-Stroke And Exotics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-07-2012, 08:46 AM
  2. Jawa 350 Twin!
    By V12 in forum Thumpers,2-Stroke And Exotics
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 10-17-2011, 06:21 PM
  3. Suggestion regarding the renovation in my suzuki shogun
    By vivek08 in forum Thumpers,2-Stroke And Exotics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-29-2011, 05:37 PM
  4. Jawa 1970
    By sushantw in forum Help Me!
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-15-2011, 01:57 PM
  5. yezdi or jawa?
    By Richard in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-20-2009, 04:55 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •