Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like minded biker friends. We have one common religion - Bikeism.

T-shirt
Magazine
Castrol Power 1

Stop braking before you start turning.

Our Partners


9000 KMS AROUND INDIA FOR MOTORCYCLYING UNITY.
16th DEC'17 - 5TH FEB'18

SUPPORTED BY

indian suzuki nissan hp helmet Red FM

User Tag List

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 323
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Two stroke oil

  1. #11
    Rusted atul_astro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Andheri [E] Mumbai
    Posts
    384
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    The best oil to use the Motul 800 2T [single ester/double ester]

    Yamalube is nothing but Motul Motoman semi synthetic oil

    For stock bikes, synthetic oil cant do much except reduce carbon builup..but then again that depends on ur fuel type and state of tune...I personally use MAK 2t on my stock RX [done 26,000 kms in the last year] without any excess wear.

    For the drag bike I use only 800 2T..I cant trust any other oil for the kinda revs she's pulling

    I personally feel you need synthetic oil only if you're on a high revving chambered setup.. By high reviing I mean 8500 rpm..I knew a guy who'd put 800 2T on his stock 4 speed..It was really stupid
    83' RD350 HT
    96' RXG
    97' RXZ
    91'RX100>09'RX165
    2010' HH ZMR


  2. #12
    Rusted Bladerunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Bombay
    Posts
    486
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
    Jet X Difficult to find? Thats the easiest to find oil here! I don't think its a very good oil (considering its premium price)... also it dosen't seem to burn too clean - gives out fair amount of visible smoke.

    The best oil should be Motul's fully synth 2T. But its damn costly. Other good option should be Shell 2T - have heard good things about it. Also saw Gulf 2T very recently... might be good, considering their new 4 stroke oil is really good. Not tried it myself though.
    How much does Jettx cost in Pune? All the dealers here tell me that its been discontinued and whatever is avalable is '07 manufactured.

    Quote Originally Posted by HydBiker View Post
    Yamalube 2T engine oil is made by Shell. The gear box oil is by Exxon Mobil.

    Got Gulf 2T (semi synth) oil pouches for my father's Chetak... he it is better than Castrol he was using And each pouch was Rs 6 as against 8 or 9 for Castrol.

    Some RX100 users have given good feedback on Yamalube and Petronas. Again, as usual, expect the Motul's to be very good
    Yamalube 2T is made by Exxon Mobil as well. Its what I'm using right now. If look carefully at the pictures you will see it.

  3. #13
    Rusted HydBiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    3,173
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bladerunner View Post
    Yamalube 2T is made by Exxon Mobil as well. Its what I'm using right now. If look carefully at the pictures you will see it.
    Indeed... so, did I mix up things (between the gear box oil & engine oil) or does Yamaha procure from more than one vendor???

  4. #14
    Rusted Raccoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Poona
    Posts
    929
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by atul_astro View Post
    The best oil to use the Motul 800 2T [single ester/double ester]

    Yamalube is nothing but Motul Motoman semi synthetic oil

    For stock bikes, synthetic oil cant do much except reduce carbon builup..but then again that depends on ur fuel type and state of tune...I personally use MAK 2t on my stock RX [done 26,000 kms in the last year] without any excess wear.

    For the drag bike I use only 800 2T..I cant trust any other oil for the kinda revs she's pulling

    I personally feel you need synthetic oil only if you're on a high revving chambered setup.. By high reviing I mean 8500 rpm..I knew a guy who'd put 800 2T on his stock 4 speed..It was really stupid
    I wouldn't say its exactly stupid. The Easter thingy will burn very clean compared to minerals. And this will prevent carbon build up. Carbon build up means decarb by savage service centre people by opening up the cylinder and all (unless you gonna do it yourself). If you want to avoid opening it up, it makes a HUGE sense. Only problem is its just too expensive.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bladerunner View Post
    How much does Jettx cost in Pune? All the dealers here tell me that its been discontinued and whatever is avalable is '07 manufactured.
    As far as I remember it was about Rs. 115. Can confirm when I'm home. Mfd date was around mid 2008... so slightly older stock. The dealer said the latest stock is priced a bit higher. Its definitely not discontinued. But its really nothing to rave about. You'd prolly be better off using Shell/Gulf/etc... and they are cheaper!

  5. #15
    Rusted Bladerunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Bombay
    Posts
    486
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Let me list some of the better oils discussed here and their prices per liter. I'll add more as I find the prices.

    1. Motul 800 - Rs.780
    2. Petronas Sprinta 5000 - Rs.325
    3. Petronas Sprinta 4000 - Rs.260
    4. Yamalube - Rs.203
    5. Castrol Jettx - Rs.200
    6. Motul Motomix - Rs.195
    Last edited by Bladerunner; 04-18-2009 at 12:15 AM.
    kaziroks likes this.

  6. #16
    Rusted Raccoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Poona
    Posts
    929
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Please mention if thats per litre or per 500 ml.

    Price of Jet X is not correct... dunno about others.

  7. #17
    Rusted psycho 98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    KA-05,KA-14
    Posts
    1,002
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
    ^^^I would never mix oils like that! Better let one thing do its job!
    There's no harm in doing it, its a very old method i think you have not visited RDD. hence you are saying ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
    Shell makes more than one type of 2T oil?? I'v only seen the white bottle... and thats the only 1 mentioned on their website also.
    Forget the website if there's a shell bunk in your city kindly visit you will come to know.

    Quote Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
    Never seen Elf 2t anywhere... not even heard. Is it easily available in your city?
    It comes in white can with blue label on it, ya its easily available here.

  8. #18
    Rusted Bladerunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Bombay
    Posts
    486
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
    Please mention if thats per litre or per 500 ml.

    Price of Jet X is not correct... dunno about others.
    Read my post carefully, I've mentioned its per liter. The Jettx price is correct as per the '07 stock I usually buy. I just recently bought 2 bottles of 500ml for Rs.105 each as he had run out of the 1L bottles. Let me know if you find out the current price.

    I have emailed Castrol India. Lets see what they have to say about the Jettx stock.

  9. #19
    Rusted psycho 98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    KA-05,KA-14
    Posts
    1,002
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
    I wouldn't say its exactly stupid. The Easter thingy will burn very clean compared to minerals. And this will prevent carbon build up. Carbon build up means decarb by savage service centre people by opening up the cylinder and all (unless you gonna do it yourself). If you want to avoid opening it up, it makes a HUGE sense. Only problem is its just too expensive.
    Motul 800 is not recommended for city usage dude, untill and unles you have deep pockets, the 800 is quite recmmonded for big bore, ported setup's with chambers were the revving nature of the engine is say 9 to 12k rpm and where the engine is producing more heat than the stock set up. also why would one do deacarb you know what with more carbon you get more compression.

  10. #20
    Rusted Raccoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Poona
    Posts
    929
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by psycho 98 View Post
    Forget the website if there's a shell bunk in your city kindly visit you will come to know.
    Have done that. They only had the white bottle. No other 2t oil.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bladerunner View Post
    I have emailed Castrol India. Lets see what they have to say about the Jettx stock.
    Castrol dosen't seem to be bothered about emails. They have never replied to any of mine. No follow up from the call centre too. Very unresponsive company.

    Quote Originally Posted by psycho 98 View Post
    Motul 800 is not recommended for city usage dude, untill and unles you have deep pockets, the 800 is quite recmmonded for big bore, ported setup's with chambers were the revving nature of the engine is say 9 to 12k rpm and where the engine is producing more heat than the stock set up. also why would one do deacarb you know what with more carbon you get more compression.
    Still, no harm at all in using it, if you can afford it. As for the carbon part, that may be true around the head... but what about the port and the exhaust system and all? Carbon there means reduced performance, for sure. Also, I wasn't just reffering to city use... but also highway use. And if you are doing high speed with a pillion in the summer, the engine heat itself can be a big issue.
    Last edited by Raccoon; 04-07-2009 at 03:27 PM.

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Longest done on a 2-stroke.
    By aditya_rx135 in forum Thumpers,2-Stroke And Exotics
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 08-17-2017, 10:01 PM
  2. 2 stroke pipe-calculator
    By rajnish in forum Thumpers,2-Stroke And Exotics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-11-2012, 04:45 PM
  3. Supercharged 2 stroke DI
    By enginehacker in forum Thumpers,2-Stroke And Exotics
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 07-04-2009, 10:37 PM
  4. 2 stroke carb on a 4 stroke????
    By NeoRTR in forum Help Me!
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-27-2009, 04:07 PM
  5. 2 STROKE BIKING ERA TO END SOON
    By satishg in forum Thumpers,2-Stroke And Exotics
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-28-2004, 11:11 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •