Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

#xBhpAxorHelmet #2

Axor
Castrol Power 1

Squeeze that brake, don’t grat a handful.

Our Partners

User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 63
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Few things on the RX 135

  1. #21
    Rusted desideep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    PB03,DL
    Posts
    766
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arvindraju View Post
    finally a weekend to work on the bike

    my oil had no oil,looks like the previous owner had done a premix,the oil tank was empty. took it to my local mechanic,got yamalube 2t from the yamaha showroom,filled it into the tank. the mechanic said oil pump is working.

    i still dont find my bike smoking even when i raise the throttle,any way to make sure that oil pump is working ? i dont want to do a premix or want to have siezed engine .

    quick changes that mechanic recommended (still not got them done) :

    * YBX levers
    * Oils Seals
    * Gabriel Shocks
    * front fork oil
    * clutch & throttle cable
    * cam set,gear lever, shifter springs

    i will be going for the 2003 heavy cat-con silencer & a shogun handle

    please advice on the oil pump part,mine i simple see through oil window,can it be changed to something that has a needle ?

    edit: also mine is a Red 2004 135 limited edition,the previous owner seems have changed or repainted the shields,i tried asking the yamaha guys for the red shields,they said they dont stock them ,if anybody finds these please let me know :
    take off the oil pipe from the carb rev a little bit the oil should be flowing slowly like a drop ever other second it would be fine then
    |NO WHEELS|

  2. #22
    Rusted bhargava_sr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Hosur
    Posts
    354
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hey Arvind,

    Is that a 5 speed ot 4 speed machine ??

  3. #23
    Rusted arvindraju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    368
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by psycho 98 View Post
    Aravind instead of wasting 4k on a catcon invest in rebuilding your engine makes sense man, the catcon provides you only smooth revs apart from it, it makes your bike heavier like anything the silencer weighs close to 13kgs. my kind suggestion is don't waste 4k on the silencer invest the same on your engine, why don't you like the normal rx 135 pipe ? do you find any flaws in it? is your priority a silent bike ? if then go ahead with your catcon !!

    Your engine needs to be opened up there is huge rings noise and bearings sound !! think of that first and rest can come later.


    @pavan to each is his own man everyone has different taste.

    hmmm true when are you ready to work on it
    Quote Originally Posted by desideep View Post
    take off the oil pipe from the carb rev a little bit the oil should be flowing slowly like a drop ever other second it would be fine then
    ok mate will give it a shot

    Quote Originally Posted by bhargava_sr View Post
    Hey Arvind,

    Is that a 5 speed ot 4 speed machine ??
    its a 4-speed 2004 red limited edition

  4. #24
    Rusted NitinGirish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Bengaluru
    Posts
    1,206
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arvindraju View Post
    finally a weekend to work on the bike

    my oil had no oil,looks like the previous owner had done a premix,the oil tank was empty. took it to my local mechanic,got yamalube 2t from the yamaha showroom,filled it into the tank. the mechanic said oil pump is working.

    i still dont find my bike smoking even when i raise the throttle,any way to make sure that oil pump is working ? i dont want to do a premix or want to have siezed engine .
    If the oil pump was not in use, then there is a good chance of it not being calibirated properly. I suggest you take it to the mechanic for oil pump adjustment/calibration. Till such time its better to use pre-mix.
    A lone amateur built the ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic...

  5. #25
    Rusted arvindraju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    368
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NitinGirish View Post
    If the oil pump was not in use, then there is a good chance of it not being calibirated properly. I suggest you take it to the mechanic for oil pump adjustment/calibration. Till such time its better to use pre-mix.
    gave the oil pump this morning,removed the black rubber tube that goes into the carb,raised the throttle,could see the oil dropping,once raised the throttle the frquency of oil dropping increased,flow was drop by drop

    @NitinGirish: can you please explain the oil pump adjustment/calibration part ?

  6. #26
    Rusted NitinGirish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Bengaluru
    Posts
    1,206
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arvindraju View Post
    gave the oil pump this morning,removed the black rubber tube that goes into the carb,raised the throttle,could see the oil dropping,once raised the throttle the frquency of oil dropping increased,flow was drop by drop

    @NitinGirish: can you please explain the oil pump adjustment/calibration part ?
    Pump adjustment basically means regulating/adjusting the amount of 2T oil flow based on the throttle position, to ensure optimal oil supply. How exactly they do it, I have no idea Experts here may help.


    After reading the bolded part I feel your pump is just fine, but better to ask the mechanic to have a look at it when you give it for service.
    A lone amateur built the ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic...

  7. #27
    Addicted jagadeesh.b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    hyderabad, andhra pradesh, India.
    Posts
    113
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    do one thing arvindraju. CAll up Torque and ride his stock RX135 which has the RDD CDI and UNI filter. See what the difference between that bike and your bike is then make your decision. Like i told Nitro in the other topic why go with what someone else has to say try it for yourself and decide.

    Its not necessary that everyone likes the same thing. you try it and decide for yourself is the best approach with these things.

  8. #28
    Rusted arvindraju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    368
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Update on the Rebuild

    buying the new bore seems to have been a sensible move bore on the bike seems to running on 3rd over size god know what the old owner was doing on the bike

    crank seems to be in a good condition will be replacing the clutch bell & primary wheel

    i need change the battery & the spark plug any idea which ones to go for ?

    also will change to over to back 18" michelin tyres

    a Big thanks to pradeep(psycho) he is supervising the whole rebuild & kept up me who is buggy @ times

  9. #29
    Rusted Raccoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Poona
    Posts
    929
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Battery - go for Amaron or Base Terminal.

    Spark Plug - what does yam recommend for the 135? Suggest you don't use something like BPR7HS/BPR7HGP if something like W5BC is recommended.

  10. #30
    Rusted outworldly maniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    965
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arvindraju View Post

    a Big thanks to pradeep(psycho) he is supervising the whole rebuild & kept up me who is buggy @ times
    yeah pradeep is a good helping guy
    i second that

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 50 Things you aren't suppose to know
    By sarbanoxley in forum Coffee Lounge:Off Topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-12-2009, 10:06 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •