Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

WE DESIGN ON

Lenovo ThinkPad
Magazine
Castrol Power 1

Careful with that leaking water tanker ahead.

Our Partners

User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 64

Thread: We 2 ours 6 !!, A Honey Moon Ride in US

  1. #51
    Rusted Haroon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bangalorean, but now in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
    Posts
    1,001
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Great ride so far Ashwin.
    Yes, with Harley riders you can come across many many strange things.

    As for safe riding rules- In India the vehicle with the loudest horn has the right of way and beyond that everything is a gamble. But abroad even though it may be more systematic etc, the policy I suggest is "consider you are invisible to vehicles around you" that way your reflexes would be sharper. Lastly, ride with a clear head, but never ride to clear your head.

    Probably the most dangerous thing I found driving in US/Europe is the traffic intersection when your signal is green and you need to take a left turn, you still have to give way to oncoming traffic coz it is green for them also, whereas here in the middle-east when your left turn signal is green, the oncoming traffic has red it is stopped.
    Last edited by Haroon; 07-31-2010 at 11:21 PM.



    Growing old is compulsory - growing up is optional
    So many roads, So little time
    RIDE for PASSION

    See us & our global rides at:
    www.rideforpassion.com

  2. #52
    Rusted Rockkyyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    621
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rossiter View Post
    I owned a VFR800 and a BMW S1000RR over various periods in the last 4 years. Ridden the usual R1s and other sportbikes during my short business trips there.

    Of them all, I loved the VFR the most And as for the heating/refinement, I wouldn't worry about it.

    Those concerns have a lot of justification. Many American motorists ARE NOT accustomed, and sometimes do not check for bikes around them when changing lanes, merging etc. I've had a close shave at least twice, and a few years back, gsferrari had a massive accident due to an negligent car driver merging into his path.

    As for the yellow lines, many car drivers that I've noticed in Tennessee, California, Ohio, and Texas do not always follow the yellow line. Some drift slowly onto the lines and pull it back. So watch out

    I make it a point to honk while changing lanes, and if I see a car merging ahead of me. Better to be loud and angry than dead

    Sorry for the above OT. Back to the ride and logs
    yeah better be safe

    Quote Originally Posted by Haroon View Post
    Great ride so far Ashwin.
    Yes, with Harley riders you can come across many many strange things.

    As for safe riding rules- In India the vehicle with the loudest horn has the right of way and beyond that everything is a gamble. But abroad even though it may be more systematic etc, the policy I suggest is "consider you are invisible to vehicles around you" that way your reflexes would be sharper. Lastly, ride with a clear head, but never ride to clear your head.

    Probably the most dangerous thing I found driving in US/Europe is the traffic intersection when your signal is green and you need to take a left turn, you still have to give way to oncoming traffic coz it is green for them also, whereas here in the middle-east when your left turn signal is green, the oncoming traffic has red it is stopped.
    The one got to yeild in some junctions - right of way is for the incoming traffic. But now got used to it after driving car here.


    Rest of Day 3:

    I had to return the bike by 7pm. Which was possible but aggressive. But the same time I wanted to cover pig train and higway 7 which is very scenic and lot of twisties. I could have returned back directly from Mt magazine. But didnt do that.

    Some of the curves in these route were long and never ending - those were the first time for me. Today half day we riding in Arkansas itself.

    Now thats what I am talking



    One good feeling while meeting other riders on road is they greet/wave you with one hand - not like we wave in India - it was more stylish and cool like you extend your left low towards the road with fingers like gun some thing like this pic



    Today was pretty hot and and full of riding. We rode total 501 miles to reach back home. By noon we took a break in one of the view point in hyw 7. We were soo tiered , stopped the bike walked to view point and sat on the ground. There were lot of ppl in RV's with family. One lady came towards us invited us for lunch. That was soo surprising and didnt expect that. We joined them had food. We chat for some time. They were so friendly. While we leave they gave us two bottles of chilled water too and some fruits to eat on the way. I never experienced these before - i am loving it. They were also from texas, but not from dallas.











    One of the may beautiful farm houses






    By 3 we were out of scenic roads and where on to proper highways. I had to stop to set the GPS route to back home. I stopped on higway. With in 2 mins a cop showed up beside us. He asked if we had any issues with bike. I said now we are just setting the route and he left. That was cool - no other troubles. By now I knew there is no way making back home by 7 , because I had still 300 miles to cover and 4 and half hours.



    Here if speed limit is 70 every one rides in 75-80. On highways the biggest problem is passing those big trucks. They do constant 70 and to cross them you got to touch 80. Since I avoided toll ways all the roads where two lanes in one way. Doing 80 with Deeps behind holding the tent was quite difficult. All Kudos to her - I dont know how she managed to hold the tent and sleeping bag through out the trip.



    Bike is very much capable of doing high speeds but anything beyond 70 needs good control - the crosswinds was too much more you speed more difficult it is. Bike was wobbling at times because of heavy cross winds. At times my head was moving to because of wind. FZ is considered a small bike here generally - may be a bigger bike with better dynamics will do well on higways.
    On FZ6 with pillion on higways with crosswind was not that easy to cruise on 70.



    Our longest stretch was 180 miles without break - sore butt. In between we waisted like an hour by taking a wrong exit and doing the circle two times.
    We reached back home by 10 . Through out the trip our food partner was subway's or Mac D's





    All in all a great first time experience. Now I know what to expect and hot to plan a ride here. Now I praying that my stay get extended so that I can buy a bike here rather than spending 1/10th of the cost to rent one over the weekend.

    That all on the trip - thanks for stopping by
    Rockkyyy- xBhp - U.S.A



  3. #53
    Rusted ken cool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New Delhi
    Posts
    4,718
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Great! Thanks.

    Though I was quite surprised at the wobbling due to the crosswinds factor!
    The Wheel was a great invention; Two Wheels with a Motor in between was even better!


    BMW Motorrad Days 2011

    Xbhp's Indo-French Kashmir-Ladakh Tour

  4. #54
    Rusted Rockkyyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    621
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ken cool View Post
    Great! Thanks.

    Though I was quite surprised at the wobbling due to the crosswinds factor!
    Thanks. So do I, wind speed is 30-40 mph over here as per some sites.

  5. #55
    Rusted aargee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    KATN
    Posts
    10,268
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rockkyyy
    One lady came towards us invited us for lunch. That was soo surprising and didnt expect that. We joined them had food. We chat for some time. They were so friendly. While we leave they gave us two bottles of chilled water too and some fruits to eat on the way.
    Yes, we should probably start developing this in India.

    Quote Originally Posted by rockkyyy
    may be a bigger bike with better dynamics will do well on higways
    Absolutely; a Harley will give you that experience. Thanks for sharing the travel experience.
    Skill is what keeps you on a Motorcycle
    Awareness + Skill is what keeps you out of harm's way
    ATGATT + Awareness + Skill means you might Live To Ride another day

  6. #56
    Rusted
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    262
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wow,

    That was great Rockyy. You have meet many good people through out.

    I loved the farm house click. Wish I had one such.
    CBZ Xtreme
    "Live Extreme"

  7. #57
    Addicted rawpower_87's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Thrissur
    Posts
    169
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That was really a fantastic ride Ashwin chetan....

    Hope to you see you next time in an American Ride, like a Harley maybe...

    All the best!!
    God bless you guys!
    Lonely Rider~
    ```

    Yamaha Rx100(1987)-[SOLD]
    HeroHonda CBZ(2001)
    Honda Dio(2011)
    HeroHonda Splendor(2000)

  8. #58
    Rusted sudeepnbr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bangalore | Kannur
    Posts
    934
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Read it fully now. Thanks for sharing your experience.
    Oh, and ya... Happy Married Life.
    Sudeep P Nambiar
    Facebook | Twitter | Bangalore CBR 250R Riders Facebook Group
    "If the path is beautiful, let us not ask where it leads. And if the destination is beautiful, let us not ask how is the path..."

  9. #59
    Addicted chamu_666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    64
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Congrats..!!

    Awsome ride bro and Wish you a Happy Married Life..!!

  10. #60
    Rusted Rockkyyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    621
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cbz xtreme View Post
    Wow,

    That was great Rockyy. You have meet many good people through out.

    I loved the farm house click. Wish I had one such.
    Quote Originally Posted by rawpower_87 View Post
    That was really a fantastic ride Ashwin chetan....
    Hope to you see you next time in an American Ride, like a Harley maybe...
    All the best!!
    God bless you guys!
    Cant afford one more - bike rental trip

    Quote Originally Posted by sudeepnbr View Post
    Read it fully now. Thanks for sharing your experience.
    Oh, and ya... Happy Married Life.
    Quote Originally Posted by chamu_666 View Post
    Awsome ride bro and Wish you a Happy Married Life..!!

    Thank guys

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. RIDE SAFE, Delhi - Naldehra Ride [April, 2010]
    By Aryan in forum The Tourer
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 06-07-2010, 09:10 AM
  2. [Photo Feature]: Diwali Ride: vMax, R46, Ninja 250R and Gilera Fuoco ride to Black Spur!
    By Sunny in forum The Tourer
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 11-13-2009, 02:56 PM
  3. Ride to Muttathi - 2008 ride
    By navnish in forum The Tourer
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-08-2009, 07:03 PM
  4. Riding with the moon..400kms of Night Ride to Nagar.
    By ketan_r15 in forum The Tourer
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 12-28-2008, 01:44 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •