Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

#xBhpAxorHelmet #2

Axor
Castrol Power 1

Avoid staying around those big vehicles.

Our Partners

User Tag List

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 90

Thread: Kerala The God's Own Country & The Enchanting Tamil Nadu

  1. #61
    Nio
    Nio is offline
    Rusted Nio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Capital, God's Own Country
    Posts
    1,669
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Wink

    Oh Ananth that's a tourers nightmare you had with your bike Hopes it never happen to any tourer again... Between how were you able to travel by bus to Chennai after these long hours of ride, fatigue and body pain?.. You are something terrible dude

  2. #62
    Rusted Ananth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    2,044
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by surbhit View Post
    Fantastic log man, really liked it. Really tough end to the trip though.

    It's bad that even latest models from RE are unreliable for long trips. Now I know why you were talking about changing the bike that day.
    Thanks Surbhit.

    But you really don't know why i was speaking about the new ride

    Quote Originally Posted by Binoy View Post
    Nice beautiful trip ananth... Keep it up...
    Thanks Binoy!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nio View Post
    Oh Ananth that's a tourers nightmare you had with your bike Hopes it never happen to any tourer again... Between how were you able to travel by bus to Chennai after these long hours of ride, fatigue and body pain?.. You are something terrible dude
    I would still say R E is very reliable.

    Its because of my fault (Swapped the battery lines to direct, without connecting the fuse)

    And yeah, i was indeed tired after the journey and traveling in the bus made it terrific

  3. #63
    MG
    MG is offline
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Pune, Maharashtra, India
    Posts
    6,894
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Finally got time to read through the whole log.Excellent stuff there. Some places are really very beautiful.Specially liked the wood forest, the fall, the wind mill section.

    Btw what's the place in last 3 pictures of Day 4 ?

  4. #64
    Rusted Ananth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    2,044
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MG_Biker1806 View Post
    Finally got time to read through the whole log.Excellent stuff there. Some places are really very beautiful.Specially liked the wood forest, the fall, the wind mill section.

    Btw what's the place in last 3 pictures of Day 4 ?
    Thanks MG. The place., was a Theme park near Chalakudy - some 20 kilometers Between Chalakudy / Athirampalli.

  5. #65
    Rusted rossiter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    1,265
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ananth, awesome ride.. I was there in a few parts in December with Mithun, and I second your thoughts about the place. Mithun will also agree am sure

    Your experience about the TBTS was invaluable.

  6. #66
    Rusted Ananth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    2,044
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rossiter View Post
    Ananth, awesome ride.. I was there in a few parts in December with Mithun, and I second your thoughts about the place. Mithun will also agree am sure

    Your experience about the TBTS was invaluable.
    Thanks Akhil. Glad you liked it..

    As a matter of fact, i was kicking myself when i read your "Spirit of brotherhood" thread, and that i was just dreaming every since of a kerala trip., This one did it all..

    Over all a fabulous trip for me - Taught me many things and learnt a lot of things like fixing up a puncture, fixing up fuses, and mostly learnt to be a safe rider rather than a fast rider..

    Planning up a PAN kerala trip some time soon, but again leaves and funds dont exist all the time.. so awaiting for the time to come in..

  7. #67
    Rusted ravi@17bhp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    5,047
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ananth, that was a horrifying experience for you on the last day. I am surprised to see the electrical problems and the clutch wire problem.

    Thanks for the places you have shown to us. They are really nice, specially the Athirampally falls. Did not you visit Vazhachal falls?? I guess they are on the same route. It is also a very beautiful falls.

    Though Munnar is close to Tamilnadu border, while the Munnar is very cool place, as soon as you cross Tamilnadu border it becomes very hot, on either side.

    Seems the ride is of mixed experiences to you. Down the line, you will remember only the positive side of the trip and you will forget the negative side.

  8. #68
    Rusted Ananth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    2,044
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Ananth, that was a horrifying experience for you on the last day. I am surprised to see the electrical problems and the clutch wire problem.

    Thanks for the places you have shown to us. They are really nice, specially the Athirampally falls. Did not you visit Vazhachal falls?? I guess they are on the same route. It is also a very beautiful falls.

    Though Munnar is close to Tamilnadu border, while the Munnar is very cool place, as soon as you cross Tamilnadu border it becomes very hot, on either side.

    Seems the ride is of mixed experiences to you. Down the line, you will remember only the positive side of the trip and you will forget the negative side.
    Thanks Ravi.. Yes the positives is what keeps us going..

    I missed out on the Vazhachal falls, frankly i didnt even knew where it was But anyway, the sun was setting down once we started from Athirampally and the clutch cable mishap just added a lil more time and hence we had to rush back to Pollachi..

    And yes, The other side of munnar (chinnar+) was so hot that i was dehydrated and tired.. Valparai was cooler though..

  9. #69
    Addicted amar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chandigarh
    Posts
    218
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    nice pics man...
    "Learn the rules so that you know how to break them properly"

  10. #70
    Rusted Ananth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    2,044
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amar View Post
    nice pics man...
    Thanks Amar!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. xBhp Kerala
    By prakash_mvpa in forum xBhp Offline Meets(G2G's)
    Replies: 2241
    Last Post: 09-26-2020, 06:59 PM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-23-2009, 09:45 PM
  3. Half of the country, Solo
    By master-user in forum The Tourer
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-25-2009, 11:06 PM
  4. Hi from Tamil Guy!
    By RedDragon in forum Who Are You?
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-05-2009, 11:05 PM
  5. HELP, CROSS COUNTRY TRIP in India
    By chi_red in forum The Tourer
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 02-03-2005, 09:03 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •