Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like minded biker friends. Join the #16YearsOfxBhpCelebrations click here.

WE DESIGN ON

Lenovo ThinkPad
Magazine
Castrol Power 1

The slower the vehicle, the quicker it can turn.

Our Partners

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Updates On Road Conditions in North east India(Including Bhutan)

  1. #11
    Rusted rachitkohli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Mumbai
    Posts
    2,304
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Updates On Road Conditions in North east India(Including Bhutan)

    Update from past 10 days. (10-20th Dec)
    Guwahati - Tawang - Guwahati

    Guwahati - Tezpur : Super Awesome roads for over 100kms
    Tezpur - Bomdila : 60% good roads, 40% bad or no roads
    Bomdila - Tawang : Good roads at Bomdila - Dirang. Very bad patches with no roads later. Couple of patches with Black Ice at Bomdila-Jang & some around Sela Pass top near Jaswantgarh War Memorial.
    Tawang - BumLa : Hardly any or No roads
    .... I will rather ride my Bike thinking about God, then sitting in a Temple thinking about my Bike.. ..

    Blog : Mumbai - Leh - Mumbai : 21 Days, 6500kms. Journey to Heaven..June'09
    GreatIndianRide - West India on a 110cc for over a month
    Mumbai-Leh-Mumbai - A Sequel : July'11 (Blog coming soon)

  2. #12
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Kolkata, Guwahati
    Posts
    80
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Updates On Road Conditions in North east India(Including Bhutan)

    Quote Originally Posted by rachitkohli View Post
    Update from past 10 days. (10-20th Dec)
    Guwahati - Tawang - Guwahati

    Guwahati - Tezpur : Super Awesome roads for over 100kms
    Tezpur - Bomdila : 60% good roads, 40% bad or no roads
    Bomdila - Tawang : Good roads at Bomdila - Dirang. Very bad patches with no roads later. Couple of patches with Black Ice at Bomdila-Jang & some around Sela Pass top near Jaswantgarh War Memorial.
    Tawang - BumLa : Hardly any or No roads
    When did you visit this route?
    IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO RISK IT ALL, THEN YOU DON'T WANT IT BAD ENOUGH

  3. #13
    Rusted rachitkohli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Mumbai
    Posts
    2,304
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Updates On Road Conditions in North east India(Including Bhutan)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritabroto View Post
    When did you visit this route?
    As mentioned in that post.. It was from 10 to 20 Dec 2016
    .... I will rather ride my Bike thinking about God, then sitting in a Temple thinking about my Bike.. ..

    Blog : Mumbai - Leh - Mumbai : 21 Days, 6500kms. Journey to Heaven..June'09
    GreatIndianRide - West India on a 110cc for over a month
    Mumbai-Leh-Mumbai - A Sequel : July'11 (Blog coming soon)

  4. #14
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Kolkata, Guwahati
    Posts
    80
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Talking Re: Updates On Road Conditions in North east India(Including Bhutan)

    Quote Originally Posted by rachitkohli View Post
    As mentioned in that post.. It was from 10 to 20 Dec 2016
    Right!!! Sorry...Its really a problem when you shuffle between work window & XBHP window..
    chandrajit1988 likes this.
    IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO RISK IT ALL, THEN YOU DON'T WANT IT BAD ENOUGH

  5. #15
    g.1
    g.1 is offline
    Rookie g.1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Updates On Road Conditions in North east India(Including Bhutan)

    We had thought of touring Bhutan on Bikes, but unfortunately the day prior to our arrival the rules changed saying Bikers coming via Phuentsholing border are banned from carrying their vehicles to Paro / Thimphu. So we had to leave our bikes at an acquaintance's place and then proceed towards Paro by a local taxi. No bike permit is being issued as of now. And if someone wants to ride bikes in Bhutan, they can hire it from Thimphu.
    A word of caution regarding changes make note of changes in rules and confirm beforehand because there are lots of rules being changed and the most major one may be Indian Tourists entering Bhutan will require a guide in the foreseeable future. Also the entry gate for vehicles entering Bhutan has changed.
    We were lucky as we had an acquaintance but most of the bikers who arrived that day for permit, returned to India.

  6. #16
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    RANCHI
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Updates On Road Conditions in North east India(Including Bhutan)

    I am planning for long ride from Ranchi on my pulsar 200ns I can't decide whether to go Darjeeling r puri please suggest

  7. #17
    Addicted Manash Roy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    130
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Updates On Road Conditions in North east India(Including Bhutan)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Bird View Post
    I am planning for long ride from Ranchi on my pulsar 200ns I can't decide whether to go Darjeeling r puri please suggest
    I don't think so you should go to Darjeeling right now. The gorkhaland issue is still there and there is strike in all of hills. Better go to Puri.

    Sent from my MotoG3-TE using xBhp.com mobile app

  8. #18
    Addicted yogeshkale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    81
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Updates On Road Conditions in North east India(Including Bhutan)

    Quote Originally Posted by g.1 View Post
    We had thought of touring Bhutan on Bikes, but unfortunately the day prior to our arrival the rules changed saying Bikers coming via Phuentsholing border are banned from carrying their vehicles to Paro / Thimphu. So we had to leave our bikes at an acquaintance's place and then proceed towards Paro by a local taxi. No bike permit is being issued as of now. And if someone wants to ride bikes in Bhutan, they can hire it from Thimphu.
    A word of caution regarding changes make note of changes in rules and confirm beforehand because there are lots of rules being changed and the most major one may be Indian Tourists entering Bhutan will require a guide in the foreseeable future. Also the entry gate for vehicles entering Bhutan has changed.
    We were lucky as we had an acquaintance but most of the bikers who arrived that day for permit, returned to India.
    Hello there me in my local group (bunch of idiots) approx 12 person are planning for Bhutan Ride in 2018 need all your help regarding: Best Time to visit (Month) my personal option was for March 2018 (is it a good time?), most important VISA formalities (can we apply visa from Mumbai before reaching to Bhutan border), and is it safe now to visit because of India, China conflict.

  9. #19
    Rusted rubber_stamp_champ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Orion's Arm, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, Asia, India, New Delhi
    Posts
    354
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Updates On Road Conditions in North east India(Including Bhutan)

    Quote Originally Posted by g.1 View Post
    We had thought of touring Bhutan on Bikes, but unfortunately the day prior to our arrival the rules changed saying Bikers coming via Phuentsholing border are banned from carrying their vehicles to Paro / Thimphu. So we had to leave our bikes at an acquaintance's place and then proceed towards Paro by a local taxi. No bike permit is being issued as of now. And if someone wants to ride bikes in Bhutan, they can hire it from Thimphu.
    A word of caution regarding changes make note of changes in rules and confirm beforehand because there are lots of rules being changed and the most major one may be Indian Tourists entering Bhutan will require a guide in the foreseeable future. Also the entry gate for vehicles entering Bhutan has changed.
    We were lucky as we had an acquaintance but most of the bikers who arrived that day for permit, returned to India.
    There guys are going crazy. They just want indian tourists out of their country. I don't how are they suppose to survive? I entered Bhutan on 21.06.2017 solo and did have some issues getting my permit. At one point, I just wanted to shout at the officials and head back. They're changing rules everyday without any notice. Just a day before I arrived, they made a new rule of no permits to bikers. 2 of the bikers who rode from kerela had their permit rejected.

    Quote Originally Posted by yogeshkale View Post
    Hello there me in my local group (bunch of idiots) approx 12 person are planning for Bhutan Ride in 2018 need all your help regarding: Best Time to visit (Month) my personal option was for March 2018 (is it a good time?), most important VISA formalities (can we apply visa from Mumbai before reaching to Bhutan border), and is it safe now to visit because of India, China conflict.
    Replied to your thread.
    The best things in life are realized on two wheels!

  10. #20
    Rusted rubber_stamp_champ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Orion's Arm, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, Asia, India, New Delhi
    Posts
    354
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Updates On Road Conditions in North east India(Including Bhutan)

    Quote Originally Posted by g.1 View Post
    We had thought of touring Bhutan on Bikes, but unfortunately the day prior to our arrival the rules changed saying Bikers coming via Phuentsholing border are banned from carrying their vehicles to Paro / Thimphu. So we had to leave our bikes at an acquaintance's place and then proceed towards Paro by a local taxi. No bike permit is being issued as of now. And if someone wants to ride bikes in Bhutan, they can hire it from Thimphu.
    A word of caution regarding changes make note of changes in rules and confirm beforehand because there are lots of rules being changed and the most major one may be Indian Tourists entering Bhutan will require a guide in the foreseeable future. Also the entry gate for vehicles entering Bhutan has changed.
    We were lucky as we had an acquaintance but most of the bikers who arrived that day for permit, returned to India.
    There guys are going crazy. They just want indian tourists out of their country. I don't how are they suppose to survive? I entered Bhutan on 21.06.2017 solo and did have some issues getting my permit. At one point, I just wanted to shout at the officials and head back. They're changing rules everyday without any notice. Just a day before I arrived, they made a new rule of no permits to bikers. 2 of the bikers who rode from kerela had their permit rejected.

    Quote Originally Posted by yogeshkale View Post
    Hello there me in my local group (bunch of idiots) approx 12 person are planning for Bhutan Ride in 2018 need all your help regarding: Best Time to visit (Month) my personal option was for March 2018 (is it a good time?), most important VISA formalities (can we apply visa from Mumbai before reaching to Bhutan border), and is it safe now to visit because of India, China conflict.
    Replied to your thread.
    The best things in life are realized on two wheels!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Updates On Road Conditions in South India
    By santoosh in forum Touring Queries: Route planning and itinerary
    Replies: 844
    Last Post: 1 Week Ago, 05:06 PM
  2. Updates on Road Conditions: Rajasthan and Gujarat
    By pranavgodse in forum Touring Queries: Route planning and itinerary
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-28-2017, 02:45 PM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-07-2015, 04:41 PM
  4. [Photo Feature]: North by North-East: Katoom goes to Sikkim and Bhutan
    By sudhir222 in forum The Tourer
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 01-14-2015, 09:55 PM
  5. Q: India(North-East)-Myanmar road query
    By A-mod in forum Touring Queries: Route planning and itinerary
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-29-2013, 02:16 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •