Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like minded biker friends. Join the #16YearsOfxBhpCelebrations click here.

WE DESIGN ON

Lenovo ThinkPad
Magazine
Castrol Power 1

Tubeless tyres are better than tubed ones.

Our Partners

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Hornet 160r tyre life

  1. #1
    Rusted gowthamh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    bangalore
    Posts
    318
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Hornet 160r tyre life

    Hi guys, please tell me what is the average of flat chubby tyres (like the one in Hornet). Also, it's durability in harsh/normal riding conditions.
    Last edited by xBhp; 08-31-2018 at 11:07 AM.

  2. #2
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,238
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Hornet 160r tyre life

    Thread approved.

  3. #3
    Rusted Chandan92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Raipur, Chhattisgarh
    Posts
    1,134
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Hornet 160r tyre life

    Quote Originally Posted by gowthamh View Post
    Hi guys, please tell me what is the average of flat chubby tyres (like the one in Hornet). Also, it's durability in harsh/normal riding conditions.
    Expect life of around 20k kms easily.

  4. #4
    Rusted Ankey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dehradun
    Posts
    1,391
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Hornet 160r tyre life

    Tire life is affected not only by the road conditions but also the riding habits of the person.
    So if you accelerate hard and brake hard all the time, the tire life will be significantly less.
    On the other hand if a person accelerates gently to 60, sees a red light 200 meters ahead and releases the throttle and coasts till the traffic signal, the speed reduces itself from 60 to 30 and then brakes from 30 to 0. His tire life and brake pad life will be much higher than others.

    I am the second type of rider and ride a R15 V2 whose tire life is 25 K on an average. I have already done 25 K and looking at their condition they will easily last 5K ore even 10k more. same story with the brake pads, mine last more than twice of that of other riders. the additional benefit is 50 Kmpl mileage from a track focused racing bike, when the other riders get 38 - 40.

    To conclude it would be very difficult for us to give you an exact number on how long your tires will last. Keep checking them regularly for cracks, punctures, maintain tire pressure and change them whenever you feel less grip than they usually provide. The closest you can get is ask the query in the ownership thread, they would give you a good estimate and rest is on your riding habits.
    Ride safe.
    Last edited by Ankey; 09-01-2018 at 10:42 AM.
    I would like to thank my legs for supporting me, my arms for being always by my side and my fingers; I could always count on them.

  5. #5
    Rookie wdrwilfred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    49
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Hornet 160r tyre life

    Quote Originally Posted by gowthamh View Post
    Hi guys, please tell me what is the average of flat chubby tyres (like the one in Hornet). Also, it's durability in harsh/normal riding conditions.
    I have crossed 46k km. Now planning to change the tyre.
    What I have heard from my friends and others are the tyre life to be 35k-45k km for Honda. But again as mentioned by other folks here, it depends on the terrain and driving habits.
    anoopkumar0 and gowthamh like this.

  6. #6
    Rusted gowthamh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    bangalore
    Posts
    318
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Hornet 160r tyre life

    Quote Originally Posted by wdrwilfred View Post
    I have crossed 46k km. Now planning to change the tyre.
    What I have heard from my friends and others are the tyre life to be 35k-45k km for Honda. But again as mentioned by other folks here, it depends on the terrain and driving habits.
    I rode some 14.5k km in my hornet, some 5,6 nails were got stucked ,then removed, then filled them with some puncture filling.. moreover these kind of tyres are not providing much off road grip..

    Are those patches worsen the tyre life...?

    So which flat chubby Tyre model we can prefer for best on/offroad grip...

  7. #7
    Rookie wdrwilfred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    49
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Hornet 160r tyre life

    Quote Originally Posted by gowthamh View Post
    I rode some 14.5k km in my hornet, some 5,6 nails were got stucked ,then removed, then filled them with some puncture filling.. moreover these kind of tyres are not providing much off road grip..

    Are those patches worsen the tyre life...?

    So which flat chubby Tyre model we can prefer for best on/offroad grip...
    Even I had my first puncture @ ~ 6k km and within 25k km I had another 3 puncture (All in rear tyre). Now after crossing 46k km, there is repeated issue in the rear tyre. May be the tyre is weakened. Got 4 punctures after 46k km out of which the air leak is through 3 old puncture area. So now made up my mind to change the tyre.

    Hope the patches will definitely have some effect on the tyre life. but in the very little proportion.

    Recently myself along with other two friends went for a long ride from Hosur to Lonavala then back to Hosur via Lavasa, Mahabaleshwar, Goa, Shimoga (total round trip ~ 2700km). Few areas were offroads. I couldn't compare the offroad experience, because the other two bikes were also no different than mine in terms of offroad.(Avenger 220 & thunderbird 350)
    gowthamh likes this.

  8. #8
    Rusted gowthamh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    bangalore
    Posts
    318
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Hornet 160r tyre life

    Quote Originally Posted by wdrwilfred View Post
    Even I had my first puncture @ ~ 6k km and within 25k km I had another 3 puncture (All in rear tyre). Now after crossing 46k km, there is repeated issue in the rear tyre. May be the tyre is weakened. Got 4 punctures after 46k km out of which the air leak is through 3 old puncture area. So now made up my mind to change the tyre.

    Hope the patches will definitely have some effect on the tyre life. but in the very little proportion.

    Recently myself along with other two friends went for a long ride from Hosur to Lonavala then back to Hosur via Lavasa, Mahabaleshwar, Goa, Shimoga (total round trip ~ 2700km). Few areas were offroads. I couldn't compare the offroad experience, because the other two bikes were also no different than mine in terms of offroad.(Avenger 220 & thunderbird 350)
    Fine, thanks for sharing experience...

  9. #9
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Kolkata
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Hornet 160r tyre life

    I changed my tyre on 9ooo km only.
    Mfr tyre is not good for better road grip currently I using Michelin pilot street

  10. #10
    Rusted gowthamh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    bangalore
    Posts
    318
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Hornet 160r tyre life

    Quote Originally Posted by prosenjit View Post
    I changed my tyre on 9ooo km only.
    Mfr tyre is not good for better road grip currently I using Michelin pilot street
    Mine is 24000km odo, still I stick with stock tyres..
    Am sure, it's stability is something fantastic..but the grip on wet roads/off roads are bit scary.

    Does tyres with more grip pattern affect the speed of bike?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [SELLER] Selling my CB Hornet 160R
    By jatinpatel8 in forum xBhp Classifieds: Buy, sell, rent, or give away!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-08-2018, 11:00 PM
  2. [Photo Feature]: Downshifting issue in hornet 160r
    By #bpk in forum Help Me!
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-04-2018, 01:30 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-11-2017, 12:51 AM
  4. Hornet 160R-
    By hari28 in forum Help Me!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-30-2017, 12:14 PM
  5. Honda CB Hornet 160R First Impressions
    By sunilg in forum Bike Reviews
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 08-17-2016, 02:27 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •