Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like minded biker friends. Join the #16YearsOfxBhpCelebrations click here.

WE DESIGN ON

Lenovo ThinkPad
Magazine
Castrol Power 1

Be smooth with your gear shifts.

Our Partners

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Rear tyre for Duke 390

  1. #11
    Rookie 007_Sid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Rear tyre for Duke 390

    Quote Originally Posted by jabirahmed View Post
    whats the feedback on these tyres
    Superb tyres with absolute grip in all condition been using it for 8 months
    No issues till nowName:  IMG_20190804_165215.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  20.5 KB

  2. #12
    Rookie siddatwork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Dehradun
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Rear tyre for Duke 390

    Quote Originally Posted by manoj.purkait View Post
    I’m running metzeller sportec street 150/60-R17 on my R3, it’s a direct competitor to the Michelin pilot street, around same mileage of 23-25k kms, priced way lower, in my city dealers had quoted ₹12k for Michelin and I got the Metz for ₹8.5k per set, front and rear.
    What was the manufacturing year for the Metzelers?

    ----consecutive posts auto-merged-----

    Quote Originally Posted by kiran2508 View Post
    The only tyre fits all 3 cost, grip, life is Michelin Pilot Street
    What was the year of manufacture? And what sort of leans can you achieve?
    The OE Metzeler Sportec M5 inspired a lot of confidence in doing whatever on a dry tarmac, I wonder if the Michelin Pilot is just as good if not better?

  3. #13
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Rear tyre for Duke 390

    Quote Originally Posted by siddatwork View Post
    What was the manufacturing year for the Metzelers?

    ----consecutive posts auto-merged-----



    What was the year of manufacture? And what sort of leans can you achieve?
    The OE Metzeler Sportec M5 inspired a lot of confidence in doing whatever on a dry tarmac, I wonder if the Michelin Pilot is just as good if not better?
    My metzeller were June 2018 manufactured, installed them in November 2018
    siddatwork likes this.

  4. #14
    Rusted kiran2508's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Bengaluru
    Posts
    393
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Rear tyre for Duke 390

    Quote Originally Posted by siddatwork View Post
    What was the year of manufacture? And what sort of leans can you achieve?
    The OE Metzeler Sportec M5 inspired a lot of confidence in doing whatever on a dry tarmac, I wonder if the Michelin Pilot is just as good if not better?
    Pilot Street is below Sportec M5, you can get upto 70% of leans compared to M5's. If you go to Michelin it'll be a downgrade. Only recommended if you have less money for tyre and want it to last till 20000kms
    siddatwork likes this.
    Bajaj SuperFE 150 - Forever in my heart
    Bajaj Discover 135 DTSi Sports - 2009 to Current
    KTM RC390 - 2015 to Curr​ent
    TVS Jupiter - 2016 to Current

  5. #15
    Rookie siddatwork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Dehradun
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Rear tyre for Duke 390

    Quote Originally Posted by kiran2508 View Post
    Pilot Street is below Sportec M5, you can get upto 70% of leans compared to M5's. If you go to Michelin it'll be a downgrade. Only recommended if you have less money for tyre and want it to last till 20000kms
    Thank you!
    Very helpful.
    I am also looking at the H1 from Apollo.

    ----consecutive posts auto-merged-----

    Quote Originally Posted by manoj.purkait View Post
    My metzeller were June 2018 manufactured, installed them in November 2018
    Thanks!
    Could you please pass me the details of the dealer?

  6. #16
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Rear tyre for Duke 390

    Quote Originally Posted by siddatwork View Post
    Thank you!
    Very helpful.
    I am also looking at the H1 from Apollo.

    ----consecutive posts auto-merged-----



    Thanks!
    Could you please pass me the details of the dealer?
    Super tyres
    Hardik - +91 72086 19672
    siddatwork likes this.

  7. #17
    Rookie siddatwork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Dehradun
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Rear tyre for Duke 390

    Quote Originally Posted by manoj.purkait View Post
    Super tyres
    Hardik - +91 72086 19672
    Thanks Manoj. I am thinking about the M7s as well. Let’s speak with Mr Hardik!

  8. #18
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Gurgaon
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Rear tyre for Duke 390

    My recommendation is the Apollo Alpha H1 rear tyre for KTM Duke 390. I have been using it on my 2017 model KTM and the performance is just perfect. Moreover, this tyre is unbeatable for the value it offers to a price conscious customer. I have done over 30,000 kilometres with the Apollo Alpha H1 and am considering another replacement soon (bit of a rough terrain rider I am). Even after rough and tough use, there is no tyre damage apart from the regular tread wear. If you are looking for a good rear tyre for your KD390, you can take my word for the Alpha H1.

  9. #19
    Rookie dreamgrowls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    bangalore
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Rear tyre for Duke 390

    Only problem is you dont get a 2019 tyre... you can however get pilot street..

    I like my rubber like less than 6 months..
    Quote Originally Posted by riturawat55 View Post
    My recommendation is the Apollo Alpha H1 rear tyre for KTM Duke 390. I have been using it on my 2017 model KTM and the performance is just perfect. Moreover, this tyre is unbeatable for the value it offers to a price conscious customer. I have done over 30,000 kilometres with the Apollo Alpha H1 and am considering another replacement soon (bit of a rough terrain rider I am). Even after rough and tough use, there is no tyre damage apart from the regular tread wear. If you are looking for a good rear tyre for your KD390, you can take my word for the Alpha H1.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. R15-S Rear Tyre
    By Bharat Gangaiah in forum Tyres
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-05-2019, 11:49 AM
  2. Puncture? Why always the rear Tyre?
    By jain.joymax in forum Help Me!
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-04-2012, 02:29 PM
  3. Want to upgrade the rear tyre...
    By itsmevini123 in forum Help Me!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-06-2011, 10:35 AM
  4. Best Rear Tyre for CBZ-X
    By TheRoyale in forum Help Me!
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-30-2010, 01:55 PM
  5. FZ 16 Rear tyre!!!
    By speedyk in forum Help Me!
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-24-2009, 01:54 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •