Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like minded biker friends. Join the #16YearsOfxBhpCelebrations click here.

WE DESIGN ON

Lenovo ThinkPad
Magazine
Castrol Power 1

Red to green – let the cager go first.

Our Partners

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Tyre suggestion for Kawa ER6N

  1. #1
    Rookie Akash1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Mumbai, India
    Posts
    50
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Tyre suggestion for Kawa ER6N

    Hey fellow xBhpians, I own a Kawasaki ER6N, 2015 model. I am looking for some suggestions on the tyres as the old ones are worn out. 90% of the usage is city riding as I use it for daily commute and 10% is weekend rides which stretch to 100-150 odd kilometres. I had shortlisted a few based on the online reviews but was looking for some advice from experience owners here

    1. Metzeler sportec M7RR
    2. Pirelli Diablo Rosso 2
    3. Pirelli Angel GT (I know it is very difficult to find)

    I am open to suggestions. I am okay with having front tyre from a different brand and rear from different. Some Ninja 650 owners have done that as the rear brakes are shitty and the go for maximum grip on their front tyre to avoid skidding in case of hard braking (I, myself had a crash from hard braking and front Dunlop tyre just decided to skid )

    Thanks in advance
    Last edited by xBhp; 06-05-2019 at 12:05 PM.

  2. #2
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,356
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Tyre suggestion for Kawa ER6N

    Thread approved.

  3. #3
    Addicted umang10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Dehradun
    Posts
    129
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Tyre suggestion for Kawa ER6N

    Have a look at the Bridgestone Battlax s22, I have heard good reviews about them.

  4. #4
    Rookie Akash1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Mumbai, India
    Posts
    50
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Tyre suggestion for Kawa ER6N

    Quote Originally Posted by umang10 View Post
    Have a look at the Bridgestone Battlax s22, I have heard good reviews about them.
    Thanks but I might have a hard time finding it. Called few of the dealers nearby none has it

  5. #5
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Tyre suggestion for Kawa ER6N

    Where are you from, cause I know a dealer in mumbai who has some very good sourcing leads, and can help in sourcing tyres At very competitive prices.

  6. #6
    Rookie Akash1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Mumbai, India
    Posts
    50
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Tyre suggestion for Kawa ER6N

    Quote Originally Posted by manoj.purkait View Post
    Where are you from, cause I know a dealer in mumbai who has some very good sourcing leads, and can help in sourcing tyres At very competitive prices.
    I am from Mumbai. Bhandup west to be precise. Any contact number of the dealer will be helpful. Thanks in advance bud

  7. #7
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Tyre suggestion for Kawa ER6N

    Quote Originally Posted by Akash1991 View Post
    I am from Mumbai. Bhandup west to be precise. Any contact number of the dealer will be helpful. Thanks in advance bud
    Contact super tyre
    Super Tyre
    Shop No. 3 & 3A, Garden Plaza, Opposite, Mira Bhayandar Rd, Shivar Garden, Mira Road, Mira Bhayandar, Maharashtra 401107
    Hardik - +91 72086 19672
    https://goo.gl/maps/jkQRghGWwovJSNtG7
    Akash1991 likes this.

  8. #8
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Tyre suggestion for Kawa ER6N

    ER6N tyre spec, I hope is similar to Ninja 650r. I have a Ninja 650r 2014 model. Recently changed my tyres. Michelin Pilot street Radials 150/60 R17 rear and 110/70 R17 front. It is around 1000 km since I changed and wanted to share my experience.

    Background
    Previous tires were Diablo Corsa 2 160/60 R17 Rear and 120/70 R17 front (Stock Specification). .

    My experience with Diablo Corsa 2 tires.

    1. After around 8000 km there was significant wear around the contact patch area. Almost the center part was flat (Not circular)
    2. Many punctures happened.
    3. Bouncy nature with the bike and even high way riding was not giving settled feeling. Tried different rear pre-load settings too. Didn't help.
    4. During mild cornering also was giving a kind of wobbly feeling.
    5. Long rides were never enjoyable.

    At last it was time I decided to change the tires.

    Wanted to try Michelin Street Radials. But it was not available for Ninja Spec (160/60 R17 Rear and 120/70 R17 front)
    So wanted to try smaller size which is easily available in India (150/60 R17 rear and 110/70 R17). This is the same spec as of Duke 390.
    Verified the load rating of these tires and felt OK. (I love long distance touring and am not a rash rider and drive at sane speeds).
    After switching to Michelin street radials, the experience is very good. The Ride became more enjoyable. The bouncy nature of the bike is gone. Cornering is good.
    Didn't find any issues so far with Braking. No punctures so far (touch wood). Sharp handling. Easy to maneuver in city.
    Cost of both front and back tires was around 11000 Rs.
    Seems to be appropriate for Indian roads and more resistant to Puncture.
    Ground clearance got reduced a bit.

    Just wanted to share my experience so that people thinking in similar lines can be benefited.

  9. #9
    Rusted
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Bangalore/Durgapur
    Posts
    283
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Tyre suggestion for Kawa ER6N

    Quote Originally Posted by vishakrs View Post
    ER6N tyre spec, I hope is similar to Ninja 650r. I have a Ninja 650r 2014 model. Recently changed my tyres. Michelin Pilot street Radials 150/60 R17 rear and 110/70 R17 front. It is around 1000 km since I changed and wanted to share my experience.

    Background
    Previous tires were Diablo Corsa 2 160/60 R17 Rear and 120/70 R17 front (Stock Specification). .

    My experience with Diablo Corsa 2 tires.

    1. After around 8000 km there was significant wear around the contact patch area. Almost the center part was flat (Not circular)
    2. Many punctures happened.
    3. Bouncy nature with the bike and even high way riding was not giving settled feeling. Tried different rear pre-load settings too. Didn't help.
    4. During mild cornering also was giving a kind of wobbly feeling.
    5. Long rides were never enjoyable.

    At last it was time I decided to change the tires.

    Wanted to try Michelin Street Radials. But it was not available for Ninja Spec (160/60 R17 Rear and 120/70 R17 front)
    So wanted to try smaller size which is easily available in India (150/60 R17 rear and 110/70 R17). This is the same spec as of Duke 390.
    Verified the load rating of these tires and felt OK. (I love long distance touring and am not a rash rider and drive at sane speeds).
    After switching to Michelin street radials, the experience is very good. The Ride became more enjoyable. The bouncy nature of the bike is gone. Cornering is good.
    Didn't find any issues so far with Braking. No punctures so far (touch wood). Sharp handling. Easy to maneuver in city.
    Cost of both front and back tires was around 11000 Rs.
    Seems to be appropriate for Indian roads and more resistant to Puncture.
    Ground clearance got reduced a bit.

    Just wanted to share my experience so that people thinking in similar lines can be benefited.
    Please replace the 150/60 rear ASAP. The speed rating of that tyre is way lower than what the bike needs. Its a accident waiting to happen. Please do not endanger your life and life of others.
    Upsizing or downsizing should be done posting taking things like speed rating and stuff into concern. On a performance bike, never ever downgrade the tyres speed rating.
    You feeling OK on load and speed rating is not enough. The manufacturer came to those rating post lot of R&D.

    As of new set of tyres for OP and you, get the Pirelli Angel GT2 from here: https://www.pathpavers.in/collection...li-angel-gt-ii
    I got them for my N1000.
    Kawasaki Ninja 1000 -> 2019
    YZF-R3 -> 2017 -> SOLD 2019
    CBR 250R -> 2017 -> SOLD 2017
    Ninja 650 -> 2016 -> SOLD 2018
    Blue Activa 125 -> 2016
    Black YZF-R15 v2 -> 2011 -> SOLD 2016
    Black Discover 125 DTS-i -> 2005

    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUc...fiHTCWO8E6WdeA
    Please check out our ride videos.

  10. #10
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Tyre suggestion for Kawa ER6N

    These are the technical details of the tyre I had mentioned earlier and reasons why I went for the same.

    Michelin Pilot Street Radial

    Rear Tyre - 150/60 R17 66H
    H - 210 KMPH SPEED RATING
    66 - Load Rating 300 KGS

    Front Tyre - 110/70 R17 54H
    H - 210 KMPH SPEED RATING
    54 - Load Rating 212 KGS

    Ninja 650R can cruise at a maximum speed of 200kmph (May be more on a race track with a really long straight stretch of road) at least in India I don't think it would be sane to ride at these speeds. Secondly with the weak front floating calipers it is not smart to ride ninja 650 (er6f or er6n) at high speeds. Not to mention the rear brake character. Load rating of these tyres are also good enough for this bike. Also these tyres are better resistant to punctures compared to the Pirelli Diabolo Corsa and the expensive likes. Not to mention the life of the expensive tyres with respect to Indian road conditions. Previous Diablo Corsas lasted for 8000 kms before it started wearing out in the middle and not to mention poor puncture resistance.

    Note: For my kind of person who does not ride in the 200kmph speed range or track this tyre suits in my opinion

    Also Ninja 650 or ER6N, in my opinion does not deserve a ZR rating or W rating tyre (Speed rating 270kmph - 300kmph). Ninja 650 is never capable of such speeds.
    Last edited by vishakrs; 10-09-2019 at 05:26 PM. Reason: ZR rating tyre

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Suggestion for KTM Duke 200 tyre replacement
    By Tarun8785 in forum Help Me!
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-05-2019, 12:54 PM
  2. 1200 kilometers on my 16 year old Kawa Bajaj Boxer - Insanity?
    By not_a_hoonigan in forum Touring Queries: Route planning and itinerary
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-02-2018, 02:00 PM
  3. New yamaha r3 or a year old kawa er6n ?
    By themachinehead in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-21-2016, 06:44 AM
  4. Need rear Tyre suggestion for Zma
    By Karthik Srinivasan in forum Help Me!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-16-2014, 08:09 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •