Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

WE DESIGN ON

Lenovo ThinkPad
Castrol Power 1

Stop braking before you start turning.

Our Partners

User Tag List

Page 41 of 46 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 452
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: K&N Air Filter Queries and Doubts

  1. #401
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Tinsukia
    Posts
    20
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: K&N Air Filter Queries and Doubts

    Yesterday opened the pilot jet it was jammed a bit so cleaned it with a thin wire, now the missing part has gone & the low end responce has improved but not upto the mark, so finally I am thinking to try and change the pilot jet with a bigger one. Also guys will there be any effect on the milage or anything else that should be kept in mind, also can we get the jets online or from any other source since availability is a big problem out here... So guys throw some light on it......
    Last edited by viper008; 03-16-2014 at 12:49 AM.

  2. #402
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    46
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: K&N Air Filter Queries and Doubts

    I am planning to replace my stock air filter of my pulsar 150(2005 Model) with K&N BA1801. Did any body know a good mechanic in Bangalore who can do jetting.. Local mechanic near to my place and event he bajaj service centre people are not aware of what need to be done after fitting K&N.

  3. #403
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    mumbai, maharashtra, India.
    Posts
    70
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: K&N Air Filter Queries and Doubts

    Quote Originally Posted by mbsam2003 View Post
    I am planning to replace my stock air filter of my pulsar 150(2005 Model) with K&N BA1801. Did any body know a good mechanic in Bangalore who can do jetting.. Local mechanic near to my place and event he bajaj service centre people are not aware of what need to be done after fitting K&N.
    If to use the BA1801 with a stock air box ( no extra holes), then jetting is not required.

    Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
    Shreyas Shetty
    Sniper Automotive
    Ph:+91 9820768083
    www.sniper-auto.com

  4. #404
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    46
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: K&N Air Filter Queries and Doubts

    Quote Originally Posted by sniper View Post
    If to use the BA1801 with a stock air box ( no extra holes), then jetting is not required.

    Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the quick reply.. One query. If we use the stock air box also, air supply to engine will more through K&N rite. so according to that we need to increase the fuel supply too rite,.. correct me if am wrong..

    And could you please PM the price for the BA1801

    Thanks,
    Sam
    9902060143

  5. #405
    Addicted anishkrissh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Thrissur (Trichur), India, India
    Posts
    114
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: K&N Air Filter Queries and Doubts

    planning to fit universal air filter which air filter should i choose from
    1)cosworth
    2)k&n
    3)uni
    am living in Kerala even though climate condition is moderate there are dust everywhere in cities
    my bike is honda cb trigger...
    wanted increase sound, a little more power without causing damage to the engine.........

  6. #406
    Addicted suprasuperb80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bangalore,India.
    Posts
    94
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: K&N Air Filter Queries and Doubts

    Quote Originally Posted by anishkrissh View Post
    planning to fit universal air filter which air filter should i choose from
    1)cosworth
    2)k&n
    3)uni
    am living in Kerala even though climate condition is moderate there are dust everywhere in cities
    my bike is honda cb trigger...
    wanted increase sound, a little more power without causing damage to the engine.........
    IMO Aftermarket Air Filters are NOT advisable. Even I had a K&N air filter RC1060 on my Honda Dio 2012 but I removed it as it affects the engine negatively in a long run. It cut shorts the life of an engine. After all what's a bike without a proper engine?
    Think about it.
    Stay Stock.
    Happy Biking !! :thumbup:

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9000 using Tapatalk Pro

  7. #407
    Rusted Saurabh213's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Noida, India
    Posts
    296
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: K&N Air Filter Queries and Doubts

    I Want To Install K&N Air Filter In My Scoot

    Can We Install K&N RC-1060 Directly To The Carb ?

    What Is Up-jetting/Re-jetting ?

    Pls Someone List Out The Whole Procedure

    [TVS SCOOTY STREAK 2012]
    Last edited by Saurabh213; 03-31-2014 at 05:32 PM.

  8. #408
    Rusted Saurabh213's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Noida, India
    Posts
    296
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: K&N Air Filter Queries and Doubts

    A View From My Scoot:

    I Think The New Air Filter Will Go Neatly There..

    Name:  P1030503.jpg
Views: 1520
Size:  100.7 KB
    The Carb

    Name:  P1030505.jpg
Views: 1352
Size:  103.8 KB
    And The Stock Air Filter..!
    Last edited by Saurabh213; 03-31-2014 at 06:32 PM.

  9. #409
    Rusted Saurabh213's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Noida, India
    Posts
    296
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: K&N Air Filter Queries and Doubts

    Quote Originally Posted by suprasuperb80 View Post
    IMO Aftermarket Air Filters are NOT advisable. Even I had a K&N air filter RC1060 on my Honda Dio 2012 but I removed it as it affects the engine negatively in a long run. It cut shorts the life of an engine. After all what's a bike without a proper engine?
    Think about it.
    Stay Stock.
    Happy Biking !! :thumbup:

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9000 using Tapatalk Pro
    Pls Help Me With The Above Posts

  10. #410
    Rusted abhi7013's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    bangalore
    Posts
    1,443
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: K&N Air Filter Queries and Doubts

    If filters do more bad than good, I guess there's no point of this thread. Just my opinion after looking at the experiences of others and myself.

    Sent from my MT27i using xBhp Connect mobile app
    'nYsus' likes this.
    ZMR- PGMFI re-defined

Similar Threads

  1. [Help]: Air filter queries for Yamaha Fz!
    By Zamaan in forum Help Me!
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-13-2013, 03:09 PM
  2. Doubts about Karizma R and ZMR
    By deovrat in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 03-21-2012, 10:51 PM
  3. [Help]: RX 135 Modifications done & some doubts now...
    By karthikdattag in forum Help Me!
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-12-2010, 10:41 PM
  4. [Help]: RX135 rebuilt & now some doubts..
    By karthikdattag in forum Help Me!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-06-2010, 12:37 PM
  5. Honda Dio Doubts
    By shaukshemi in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-13-2009, 03:15 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •