Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

WE DESIGN ON

Lenovo ThinkPad
Castrol Power 1

Be smooth with your gear shifts.

Our Partners

User Tag List

View Poll Results: which brand

Voters
69. This poll is closed
  • DSG

    16 23.19%
  • CRAMSTER

    18 26.09%
  • MOTOTECH

    2 2.90%
  • SPARTAN

    38 55.07%
  • ZUES

    2 2.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1625 of 1629 FirstFirst ... 6251125152515751615162116221623162416251626162716281629 LastLast
Results 16,241 to 16,250 of 16287
Like Tree3349Likes

Thread: Universal : Riding Gear Thread

  1. #16241
    Rookie aswin_93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Bangalore | Thrissur
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Universal : Riding Gear Thread

    Hi Guys,

    I am planning on upgrading my gloves. Currently using Aspida Ares, My budget is around 7k and mostly touring use.

    I was looking at some of Alpinestars gloves but was wondering if it is actually worth spending money on an entry level A* gloves like sp8 v2 or buy something like Viaterra GRID or Shima RS2? What do you guys think?

    Thanks,
    Aswin


    Duke 390 (2018 - Present)
    Honda CB Unicorn (2011 - 2017)

    When I'm riding with the helmet on, I'm invisible and people just deal with me as the guy on the bike :)

  2. #16242
    Rusted rachitkdogra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    DLF Phase1, Gurgaon
    Posts
    854
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Universal : Riding Gear Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by aswin_93 View Post
    Hi Guys,

    I am planning on upgrading my gloves. Currently using Aspida Ares, My budget is around 7k and mostly touring use.

    I was looking at some of Alpinestars gloves but was wondering if it is actually worth spending money on an entry level A* gloves like sp8 v2 or buy something like Viaterra GRID or Shima RS2? What do you guys think?

    Thanks,
    Aswin
    In my humble opinion, I think it very hard to suggest this to somebody else as to a premium European brand vs an indian brand riding gear. I will say this, the indian brands are getting better and better and if you have access, please try the indian brands, see how they fit and feel and if you like go for it.

    I have owned A* gloves, I have Dainese gloves as well. I am sure they feel more premium and maybe the leather is softer and more comfortable and more tactile, but because of our riding conditions, wear and tear of these items are also higher.

    There is no right and wrong here. Just try and feel before buying.

    CHEERS!!

    Rachit
    Samarth 619 likes this.
    Rachit K Dogra

  3. #16243
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Universal : Riding Gear Thread


  4. #16244
    Rusted jazzysaravana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Chennai, Tamil Nadu
    Posts
    480
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Universal : Riding Gear Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pinkesh2703 View Post
    The best thing abt SMK helmets is that accessories n parts r easily available. I'm using SMK Glide n I've upgraded the visor for pinlock 70. The view has become very wider with pinlock 70.
    Absolutely!

    Bought the chrome visor for my SMK STELLAR for ₹499 last month. Has been really helpful on my eyes as the summer heat has slowly begun in Chennai.

    Optically accurate and has made my morning commute a bit more relaxed.

    Cheers
    Maxsteel and JourneyGuy like this.

  5. #16245
    Rookie Maxsteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Navi Mumbai
    Posts
    48
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Universal : Riding Gear Thread

    How is the SMK Stellar holding up im terms of Inner liners, visor, performance in Rain. I do own MT Muggello, not satisfied with its quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzysaravana View Post
    Absolutely!

    Bought the chrome visor for my SMK STELLAR for ₹499 last month. Has been really helpful on my eyes as the summer heat has slowly begun in Chennai.

    Optically accurate and has made my morning commute a bit more relaxed.

    Cheers

  6. #16246
    Rusted jazzysaravana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Chennai, Tamil Nadu
    Posts
    480
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Universal : Riding Gear Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxsteel View Post
    How is the SMK Stellar holding up im terms of Inner liners, visor, performance in Rain. I do own MT Muggello, not satisfied with its quality.
    Hi, if you just scroll through the previous pages, I had posted a review of the same too.

    The helmet has been holding up really well and has exceeded my expectations.

    Though I've yet test in very heavy rainfall, in the couple of light rains I encountered they were totally fine. The stock visor comes fitted with Pinlock 30 and is so nice to have to in foggy winter rides.

    Cheers!
    Last edited by jazzysaravana; 04-18-2020 at 10:46 PM.
    Maxsteel and smoothrider like this.

  7. #16247
    Rookie Maxsteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Navi Mumbai
    Posts
    48
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Universal : Riding Gear Thread

    Thank you for reply, yes did checked the review, you have good choice of riding gear & machine. Also which gloves are you using. Stellar & Orazo shoes have made to my list, once lockdown is over will be purchasing them.
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzysaravana View Post
    Hi, if you just scroll through the previous pages, I had posted a review of the same too.

    The helmet has been holding up really well and has exceeded my expectations.

    Though I've yet test in very heavy rainfall, in the couple of light rains I encountered they were totally fine. The stock visor comes fitted with Pinlock 30 and is so nice to have to in foggy winter rides.

    Cheers!
    jazzysaravana likes this.

  8. #16248
    Rusted jazzysaravana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Chennai, Tamil Nadu
    Posts
    480
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Universal : Riding Gear Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxsteel View Post
    Thank you for reply, yes did checked the review, you have good choice of riding gear & machine. Also which gloves are you using. Stellar & Orazo shoes have made to my list, once lockdown is over will be purchasing them.
    Thank you. Glad to know my review has been helpful for you to make a list. I'm merely standing on the shoulder of giants like our xbhp members MidnightEvil Parth and moderator Blackthorn and others who have contributed immensely to the knowledge in this thread.

    Haha, if you scroll some pages over you'll find the review for the gloves too. It's Viaterra Holeshot. Superb bang for buck highly ventilated goat leather gloves with KNOX sliders.

    Cheers!
    MidnightEvil Parth likes this.

  9. #16249
    Rusted Insidious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    337
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Universal : Riding Gear Thread

    Guys, what are your thoughts on 1-piece leathers for touring? Alternatively, 2-piece leathers that can be doubled up for use on a track? Just getting an opinion.

    Could you also suggest some good brands and makes for the same?
    -------------------
    Swiggy Mayhem!
    We're trying to start an initiative where we're gathering enough photos or videos
    of erratic Swiggy/Zomato/UberEats riders across all cities so we can cast a spotlight
    on this issue and try and sort it out. If you video-record as you ride, or have a
    dash-cam in your car, or can take SAFELY photographs of instances where these riders
    are creating a nuisance by riding recklessly on the roads, PLEASE share the same with
    us on the thread above. Appreciate it!

  10. #16250
    Rusted rachitkdogra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    DLF Phase1, Gurgaon
    Posts
    854
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Universal : Riding Gear Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Guys, what are your thoughts on 1-piece leathers for touring? Alternatively, 2-piece leathers that can be doubled up for use on a track? Just getting an opinion.

    Could you also suggest some good brands and makes for the same?
    Personally I would not recommend leather as it is not suited for hot weather.
    Plus while touring on highways, the riding gear takes a lot of abuse in terms dust and grime. Cleaning and maintaining leather gear is much more challenging.

    I wouldn't say it is not doable, but maybe not the most suited option.

    Rachit
    Maxsteel likes this.
    Rachit K Dogra

LinkBacks (?)

  1. 10-02-2008, 09:09 PM
  2. 09-30-2008, 11:53 PM
  3. 09-30-2008, 12:18 AM
  4. 09-28-2008, 02:42 PM

Similar Threads

  1. Official Poetry Thread!
    By Sunny in forum Coffee Lounge:Off Topic
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 04-20-2016, 09:04 PM
  2. ZMA Sprocket Gear ratio
    By pramods in forum General Biking Discussion
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 02-23-2010, 10:21 PM
  3. Riding Tactics - Must read for group meets
    By Ricci in forum General Biking Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-13-2009, 10:02 PM
  4. The Joy of Motorcycle Riding
    By neerajtikku in forum Coffee Lounge:Off Topic
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 12-17-2004, 04:07 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •