Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like minded biker friends. Join the #16YearsOfxBhpCelebrations click here.

WE DESIGN ON

Lenovo ThinkPad
Magazine
Castrol Power 1

Red to green – let the cager go first.

Our Partners

User Tag List

View Poll Results: which brand

Voters
69. This poll is closed
  • DSG

    16 23.19%
  • CRAMSTER

    18 26.09%
  • MOTOTECH

    2 2.90%
  • SPARTAN

    38 55.07%
  • ZUES

    2 2.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Like Tree3280Likes

Thread: Universal : Riding Gear Thread

  1. #11821
    Rusted jackofsome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Ludhiana, Kolkata
    Posts
    276
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default re: Universal : Riding Gear Thread

    hey guys!
    i am really in a hurry to purchase a good quality riding jacket.
    i have two jackets in mind
    1. spartan hyperion Rs.9999
    2. rjays octane ii Rs. 8999
    now as im getting into riding after 5 years, im really scared of heat. i stay in ludhiana and the heat in summers is crazy. i dont really care about winters as a pullover inside will do the job.
    Now coming to the hyperion i see it has leather shoulders. While im sure about the protection but not too sure how much il sweat.
    on the other hand i am not too sure about ventilation in the octane ii too.
    so please give me a feedback as to which one would be better in ventilation and why.
    i need to order tommorow.
    your valuable advice is hugely needed as i cant see both th jackets in person before i buy.

    Sent from my XT1033 using xBhp Connect mobile app

  2. #11822
    o.O razr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Mysore/Bangalore
    Posts
    149
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default re: Universal : Riding Gear Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jackofsome View Post
    hey guys!
    i am really in a hurry to purchase a good quality riding jacket.
    i have two jackets in mind
    1. spartan hyperion Rs.9999
    2. rjays octane ii Rs. 8999
    now as im getting into riding after 5 years, im really scared of heat. i stay in ludhiana and the heat in summers is crazy. i dont really care about winters as a pullover inside will do the job.
    Now coming to the hyperion i see it has leather shoulders. While im sure about the protection but not too sure how much il sweat.
    on the other hand i am not too sure about ventilation in the octane ii too.
    so please give me a feedback as to which one would be better in ventilation and why.
    i need to order tommorow.
    your valuable advice is hugely needed as i cant see both th jackets in person before i buy.

    Sent from my XT1033 using xBhp Connect mobile app
    After seeing both jackets in person while i was doing my own hunt some months back, i'd recommend the Hyperion.. Even though the hyperion has leather, its for one, perforated.. along with that, its only there in the major impact areas. majorly, the shoulder and elbows. The rest of the jacket is mesh other than the cordura layer at the kidneys.. And being an owner of the helios.. I can guarantee you will be fine with the hyperion regarding heat.. and safer too.. The octane is good, but you're going to really boil in that.. i wore it for 5 sec's max when i tried it..

    for all its worth, Read this review by a fellow member of the hyperion.. @krish2778

    Spartan Hyperion (Riding Jacket) – Reviewed | Wheels'n'Shields

    PS. Note that the review is for the first model of the Hyperion, there's been a few changes in the jacket after that..
    Last edited by razr; 10-13-2014 at 08:49 PM.

  3. #11823
    Rusted jackofsome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Ludhiana, Kolkata
    Posts
    276
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default re: Universal : Riding Gear Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by razr View Post
    After seeing both jackets in person while i was doing my own hunt some months back, i'd recommend the Hyperion.. Even though the hyperion has leather, its for one, perforated.. along with that, its only there in the major impact areas. majorly, the shoulder and elbows. The rest of the jacket is mesh other than the cordura layer at the kidneys.. And being an owner of the helios.. I can guarantee you will be fine with the hyperion regarding heat.. and safer too.. The octane is good, but you're going to really boil in that.. i wore it for 5 sec's max when i tried it..

    for all its worth, Read this review by a fellow member of the hyperion.. @krish2778

    Spartan Hyperion (Riding Jacket) Reviewed | Wheels'n'Shields

    PS. Note that the review is for the first model of the Hyperion, there's been a few changes in the jacket after that..
    thanks a ton for some useful stuff there.
    you made the choice a little easy.
    so the octane 2 does not have mesh at the right areas? they say its a mesh jacket.
    though i have read that review earlier.:thumbup:

    Sent from my XT1033 using xBhp Connect mobile app

  4. #11824
    o.O razr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Mysore/Bangalore
    Posts
    149
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default re: Universal : Riding Gear Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jackofsome View Post
    thanks a ton for some useful stuff there.
    you made the choice a little easy.
    so the octane 2 does not have mesh at the right areas? they say its a mesh jacket.
    though i have read that review earlier.:thumbup:

    Sent from my XT1033 using xBhp Connect mobile app
    mm.. If i remember correctly, it didnt seem like a mesh type.. But then again, my memory is a bit foggy about it since i was mainly looking for spartan. I think others might be able to help with confrming that.. But, id go for the hyperion anyday.. Just find both, wear them and see.. Youll notice easily if it is airy or not..

  5. #11825
    Rusted Abishek94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    bangalore
    Posts
    453
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default re: Universal : Riding Gear Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Doga View Post
    I am 5'9" and 75 kgs and have been using the Spartan Icarus for sometime now.This is a short/snug fit jacket. The sleeves are narrow and fit well with lean hands. In short this for lean guys.The armours stay in place and don't move around. yes it does seem a bit short at the waist but it looks compact. Certainly not for the oversize fellow.


    I have posted a short relative impression of the Icarus with the Helios in this very thread, a few pages back. The helios is plenty big and won't appear short anywhere. In fact it has broad sleeves and hence the armours won't hug lean arms. Reason I didn't buy it. It's basically for guys with nice broad arms.
    I have done 3-4 rides and have been using the jacket for daily commute too and I can say that I am satisfied.

    Always go for a snug fit when buying a jacket. You don't want to take a fall in a loose jacket and end up getting injured because the armour was not where it was supposed to be.
    The dealer will be getting stock of the entire range of spartan jackets by tomorrow which will include the large size. I did get your point about the icarus being a snug fit jacket for lean guys but i still want to try the large size and see if it is more comfortable. If the large size is a little loose then i will keep the medium size otherwise i will go for the exchange.

  6. #11826
    Rusted TheArcher84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    2,249
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default re: Universal : Riding Gear Thread

    Hey Guys,

    Need confirmation if I can go ahead and buy these riding gears

    Spartan ProGear
    Spartan ProGear
    Spartan ProGear


    Please let me know your opinion. If they are good or not. Can I use it for touring,
    R15S - Current
    Honda Dio - Current
    TNT 600i - Sold
    Classic 500 - Sold
    Pulsar 220 dtsi - Sold
    Yamaha YBX125 - Sold

  7. #11827
    Rusted theironhorse99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    jaipur , hyderabad
    Posts
    1,996
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default re: Universal : Riding Gear Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TheArcher84 View Post
    Hey Guys,

    Need confirmation if I can go ahead and buy these riding gears

    Spartan ProGear
    Spartan ProGear
    Spartan ProGear


    Please let me know your opinion. If they are good or not. Can I use it for touring,
    there are multiple companies offering such stuff. have you checked all of them ?

    DSG
    Cramster
    Zeus Gear etc

    have you check all of them.
    check bachoomotors too. they have good stuff for same price range that you are looking into.

    as you mentioned touring. i would suggest something better than all of these... that is Scocyo Jacket. you will get it for 6k odd and ists one heck of a touring jacket scoyco JK-27
    for gloves take leather full gauntlet ones. you have them in spartan , dsg , zeus and even rynox.

    fr riding pants too check Bachoo motors. and i would suggest you to buy boots first if budget is limited and later pick up pants. as an replacement for pants for the time being you can use knee guards.
    "A good long ride can clear your mind, restore your faith, and use up a lot of fuel."

    RE Bullet 1977 - Current
    RX-100 1995 - Current
    CBZ Classic 2003 - Current
    Activa 2004 - Current
    CBR 250R 2012 - Current

    http://theironhorse.blog.com

  8. #11828
    Rusted TheArcher84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    2,249
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default re: Universal : Riding Gear Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by theironhorse99 View Post
    there are multiple companies offering such stuff. have you checked all of them ?

    DSG
    Cramster
    Zeus Gear etc

    have you check all of them.
    check bachoomotors too. they have good stuff for same price range that you are looking into.

    as you mentioned touring. i would suggest something better than all of these... that is Scocyo Jacket. you will get it for 6k odd and ists one heck of a touring jacket scoyco JK-27
    for gloves take leather full gauntlet ones. you have them in spartan , dsg , zeus and even rynox.

    fr riding pants too check Bachoo motors. and i would suggest you to buy boots first if budget is limited and later pick up pants. as an replacement for pants for the time being you can use knee guards.
    Guess Bachoo motors is in Mumbai..right...I am from Chennai buddy. I have to try once and buy...else will be waste of money. I heard from @srinivas that Moto101 is good. Probably I ll hit the showroom this weekend and see it
    R15S - Current
    Honda Dio - Current
    TNT 600i - Sold
    Classic 500 - Sold
    Pulsar 220 dtsi - Sold
    Yamaha YBX125 - Sold

  9. #11829
    Rusted theironhorse99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    jaipur , hyderabad
    Posts
    1,996
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default re: Universal : Riding Gear Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TheArcher84 View Post
    Guess Bachoo motors is in Mumbai..right...I am from Chennai buddy. I have to try once and buy...else will be waste of money. I heard from @srinivas that Moto101 is good. Probably I ll hit the showroom this weekend and see it

    take reference size and talk to them and order online.. Bachoo Motors
    "A good long ride can clear your mind, restore your faith, and use up a lot of fuel."

    RE Bullet 1977 - Current
    RX-100 1995 - Current
    CBZ Classic 2003 - Current
    Activa 2004 - Current
    CBR 250R 2012 - Current

    http://theironhorse.blog.com

  10. #11830
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Salt Lake, Kolkata
    Posts
    60
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default re: Universal : Riding Gear Thread

    Hi guys,

    I am looking to purchase touring gloves before winter.
    My budget would be 5k and can push it 1k in case in the option deserves it.
    I should be able to use it in Winter and should be comfortable for touring.
    I Was browsing through Alpinestars options available in India and found this: Alpinestars Masai Black Gloves, priced at 6K.
    I do not see any reviews for this one. So, if any of you have used it, please let me know.
    Also, if you have any other suggestion, you are most welcome.

    Thank you

LinkBacks (?)

  1. 10-02-2008, 09:09 PM
  2. 09-30-2008, 11:53 PM
  3. 09-30-2008, 12:18 AM
  4. 09-28-2008, 02:42 PM

Similar Threads

  1. Official Poetry Thread!
    By Sunny in forum Coffee Lounge:Off Topic
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 04-20-2016, 09:04 PM
  2. ZMA Sprocket Gear ratio
    By pramods in forum General Biking Discussion
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 02-23-2010, 10:21 PM
  3. Riding Tactics - Must read for group meets
    By Ricci in forum General Biking Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-13-2009, 10:02 PM
  4. The Joy of Motorcycle Riding
    By neerajtikku in forum Coffee Lounge:Off Topic
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 12-17-2004, 04:07 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •