Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Fatigue, sleepiness, & alcohol are the same.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Helmets

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Now this solves the riddle .. good observation there...
    Yamaha R15 | Merida SUB 20MD

    Comment


    • Chetan's reply has actually proved it.. well all that matters is these helmet are ECE certified..
      Those people who tell you not to take chances
      They are all missing on what life is about
      You only live once so take hold of the chance
      Don't end up like others the same song and dance

      Comment


      • This link shows marushin helmets which are similar to daijya helmets.......it starts from 0.54mins

        YouTube - Marushin Helmets Stand!
        07 HH Zma
        11 Honda Aviator DLX
        14 Ford Figo 1.4 TDCI (Now Caged:( )
        16 Scooty Zest
        11 CBR 250R

        Comment


        • wow...i was surprised what was going on with the marushin helmet hot discussion...

          hmm...my linked worked ahh...

          i also think that Daijya is no fake...it has a high quality...

          The Marushin helmets costs double the price of Daijya...

          i guess its made in Germany with German technology.

          anyways i am glad that my post started some eyeopening stuffs to all.

          Comment


          • Is there any Indian site where we can order helmets online?? Daijya is off DSG, and also off my limits. I am willing to spend around 3k, which can get me GPOne, GPR from Steelbird, Boolean from Vega and something from AGV. So any suggestions are welcome. Also, how do you guys order it online without being sure of your size? Are the sizing charts helpful in pinning the exact fit?
            The Leh Experience!!
            My '08 Suzuki GSX650F

            Escapade to the Eastern Ghats
            Orissa 1302
            My BlackBull - Bullet Electra 5S

            sigpic

            Comment


            • Diffuser, why would you want to buy online when you can try and buy at a store.
              To answer your question, i haven't come across an Indian portal for riding gear besides planetdsg till date.

              And, i have always found the whole Dajjya thing fishy, the extract i posted earlier in thsi thread only made the doubts concrete.
              German and all is mostly hoax, there is a good chance that these are manafactured in China. Just browse through some chinese classified pages, that should clear the haze.
              How i see it, Dreambikes caught hold of a helmet manafaturer in China, gave them the Marushin examples to replicate, and voila, we have Dajjya!
              CBR 954 RR
              Yoshimura TRS - Ohlins - Power Commander - EBC - Stomp Grip - Sportech - Shock Racing - Harris - Motografix

              Comment


              • manson, I would rather stay off the Daijya talk, but we don't have many options where I live. Getting a decent Steelbird or Vega is difficult here. A trip to Bangalore/Pune/Mumbai is not on cards right now. The best I can get is Vega Booelan, which is more of a show-off than safety. Getting GPR/GPOne would have been great, as people sing praises about them.
                The Leh Experience!!
                My '08 Suzuki GSX650F

                Escapade to the Eastern Ghats
                Orissa 1302
                My BlackBull - Bullet Electra 5S

                sigpic

                Comment


                • Originally posted by manson View Post
                  Diffuser, why would you want to buy online when you can try and buy at a store.
                  To answer your question, i haven't come across an Indian portal for riding gear besides planetdsg till date.

                  And, i have always found the whole Dajjya thing fishy, the extract i posted earlier in thsi thread only made the doubts concrete.
                  German and all is mostly hoax, there is a good chance that these are manafactured in China. Just browse through some chinese classified pages, that should clear the haze.
                  How i see it, Dreambikes caught hold of a helmet manafaturer in China, gave them the Marushin examples to replicate, and voila, we have Dajjya!
                  Except for the air u breathe, everything in the world is made in china.... I am sure that would include the alpinestars, icons, Joe Rockets, etc. The difference would be that their quality checks would be very stringent as compared to other manufacturers, and they would design the products themselves. I am sure this would be the case for large percentage of the products except for a very few. I dont see it being any other way but correct me if I am wrong.

                  Prajwal
                  www.youtube.com/user/prajwalkashyap

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by diffuser911 View Post
                    manson, I would rather stay off the Daijya talk, but we don't have many options where I live. Getting a decent Steelbird or Vega is difficult here. A trip to Bangalore/Pune/Mumbai is not on cards right now. The best I can get is Vega Booelan, which is more of a show-off than safety. Getting GPR/GPOne would have been great, as people sing praises about them.
                    I havent seen any ratings on the GPR/BHP/Fasttrack/AM/Cross, etc. I do see some ratings on the Vega (ISI), Imported AGV (DOT), KBC (DOT).

                    Can someone throw some light on the GPR helmet ratings?

                    Prajwal
                    www.youtube.com/user/prajwalkashyap

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by prajwalkashyap View Post
                      I havent seen any ratings on the GPR/BHP/Fasttrack/AM/Cross, etc. I do see some ratings on the Vega (ISI), Imported AGV (DOT), KBC (DOT).

                      Can someone throw some light on the GPR helmet ratings?

                      Prajwal
                      The Fasttrack and the Current Cross helmet that I use have DOT certificate and also a card that comes along with it explaining the safety levels....
                      Super CommuTOURer� - Talk less, Ride more

                      .: FB :.|.: TW :.|*IG*| Ex
                      PowerDrift:.

                      #Give thy opinion, write em, dont throw em
                      #Everyone errs, accept it, defending/cribbing about it only makes it worse
                      #Dont defend a manufacturer as if you work for them
                      #Write. Think. If relevant hit submit. If not hit yourself
                      #Be kind in your choice of words, you never know who would make you gulp em
                      � Satyen Poojary

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by satyenpoojary View Post
                        The Fasttrack and the Current Cross helmet that I use have DOT certificate and also a card that comes along with it explaining the safety levels....
                        Thanks for that info. When I checked up on these these helmets 2 days ago, the shopkeeper didnt know anything about DOT or Snell, and nothing mentioned on the hemets either, and said that only Vega and MPA helmets had ISI, among the other local helmets. Neither the GPR, nor BHP/AM/Index had anything rated on them, except STM. So I was a little sceptical about these.

                        Prajwal
                        www.youtube.com/user/prajwalkashyap

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by prajwalkashyap View Post
                          Thanks for that info. When I checked up on these these helmets 2 days ago, the shopkeeper didnt know anything about DOT or Snell, and nothing mentioned on the hemets either, and said that only Vega and MPA helmets had ISI, among the other local helmets. Neither the GPR, nor BHP/AM/Index had anything rated on them, except STM. So I was a little sceptical about these.

                          Prajwal

                          If I were you I wouldnt go for these..... there are a lot of fakes available in India! Infact some of them even with the DOT certificate! Buy your stuff from a reasonably known vendor.... the chances of being duped is lower in such case!

                          I have seen a ridiculously low priced "Imported AGV" (not the MPA one) for a price that would raise a lot of eyebrows here! Strangely it had an ISI sticker :P
                          Super CommuTOURer� - Talk less, Ride more

                          .: FB :.|.: TW :.|*IG*| Ex
                          PowerDrift:.

                          #Give thy opinion, write em, dont throw em
                          #Everyone errs, accept it, defending/cribbing about it only makes it worse
                          #Dont defend a manufacturer as if you work for them
                          #Write. Think. If relevant hit submit. If not hit yourself
                          #Be kind in your choice of words, you never know who would make you gulp em
                          � Satyen Poojary

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by prajwalkashyap View Post
                            Except for the air u breathe, everything in the world is made in china.... I am sure that would include the alpinestars, icons, Joe Rockets, etc. The difference would be that their quality checks would be very stringent as compared to other manufacturers, and they would design the products themselves. I am sure this would be the case for large percentage of the products except for a very few. I dont see it being any other way but correct me if I am wrong.

                            Prajwal
                            Lolz...... just checked my JR UFO Jacket.... and Alpine*s knee guards... hehe both made in China ... did not notice this before
                            Chetan

                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by prajwalkashyap View Post
                              Except for the air u breathe, everything in the world is made in china.... I am sure that would include the alpinestars, icons, Joe Rockets, etc. The difference would be that their quality checks would be very stringent as compared to other manufacturers, and they would design the products themselves. I am sure this would be the case for large percentage of the products except for a very few. I dont see it being any other way but correct me if I am wrong.

                              Prajwal

                              man m telling about the chinese stuffs i knw :

                              the big brands like alpinestars and all those comapnies
                              have their factories opened up in china as the labpur cost and cost of raw material is low and the finished products wich dont have any defect in them are exported to us or europe,UAE so the cost of the product is very high there and now the finished products which have defects are now exported to dumping grounds of the world namely china[itself],India,and othewr developing countries..cuz where i live is near to china and i see most of the stuffs shud cost around more than 1000 bucks but due a small defect they are sold at less than 1/8th price of the original so u can understand .......to recover the loss occured in defective finished products they increase the price of teh non defective finished products.
                              the riding gears we usually import from other countries are usually made in china so if u have any1 from china u can get them at very low cost.
                              Speak Less,Speak Wise!

                              Sarcasm is my automatic response to stupidity.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by haxor View Post
                                man m telling about the chinese stuffs i knw :

                                the big brands like alpinestars and all those comapnies
                                have their factories opened up in china as the labpur cost and cost of raw material is low and the finished products wich dont have any defect in them are exported to us or europe,UAE so the cost of the product is very high there and now the finished products which have defects are now exported to dumping grounds of the world namely china[itself],India,and othewr developing countries..cuz where i live is near to china and i see most of the stuffs shud cost around more than 1000 bucks but due a small defect they are sold at less than 1/8th price of the original so u can understand .......to recover the loss occured in defective finished products they increase the price of teh non defective finished products.
                                the riding gears we usually import from other countries are usually made in china so if u have any1 from china u can get them at very low cost.
                                That really makes sense.... but then ... how shud one know if its genuine or not in China??
                                I already started making a list.... my dad is off to China in Feb'09
                                Chetan

                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X