Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

WE DESIGN ON

Lenovo ThinkPad
Castrol Power 1

Clean visor equals clear vision.

Our Partners

User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Need bike with 70+kmpl; Reliable; Decent looks; easy/low maintenance; 100+cc is great

  1. #21
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    130
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Go with cb twister


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #22
    Addicted rsk11584's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    129
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blue_maniac View Post
    Do you suggest any specific HH bike to check for very good milage (other than dawn/splendor/passion series)? Pl. let me know with its actual onroad milage & i can add to the list.
    .

    well sadly no, i can only suggest the old horses from Honda i.e splendor / dawn, I myself have HH Super Spl, clocked on 45K kms, and daily using to travel 40 kms in traffic in chennai. rarely had to change any spares in these 6-7 years, only thing i changed are indicator, rear light bulbs and speedo cables . Now seems gotta do a bore job as ASC telling bore needs to be changed. Also commuter bike needs to be ergonomical, and most people have told that splendor & the like are more ergonomic than high speed bikes like pulsar etc, for long rides, less strain on back.

    Also since most members have recommended honda twister for mileage, i want to ask a question that whether half chain will require more maintenance / frequent cleaning or not, since the chain is totally exposed is there risk of dust, mud, etc going to the gearbox (gear assembly / whatever) and requiring frequent cleaning, specially in rainy season, etc... if that is so then you need to think, it will not be a fill it and shut it bike, which you can get in HH or Bajaj bikes, so even if it gives 70 kmpl you may need to clean chain every month since you are going to do 1000kms per month, this you clarify from some expert regarding open chain covers and damage to chain

    Please inform which bike have you shortlisted.
    Last edited by rsk11584; 03-22-2013 at 07:29 AM.
    K.Ravi

    Do check out my custom painted tail light in my DIY thread ;) ...

  3. #23
    Moderator Divya Sharan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Bangalore/Bokaro
    Posts
    8,541
    Mentioned
    824 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rsk11584 View Post
    Also since most members have recommended honda twister for mileage, i want to ask a question that whether half chain will require more maintenance / frequent cleaning or not, since the chain is totally exposed is there risk of dust, mud, etc going to the gearbox (gear assembly / whatever) and requiring frequent cleaning, specially in rainy season, etc... if that is so then you need to think, it will not be a fill it and shut it bike, which you can get in HH or Bajaj bikes, so even if it gives 70 kmpl you may need to clean chain every month since you are going to do 1000kms per month, this you clarify from some expert regarding open chain covers and damage to chain
    IMO, open chains going bad sooner than closed chains is almost a myth, with little relevance.
    It boils down to maintenance on the rider's part.

    Lets consider Splendor (closed chain) vs Twister (open chain).
    Under zero maintenance, one can expect about 22-25k kms of life on Splendor's chain sprocket kit and Twister's would last in the same region, maybe 2-3k km less.

    Whatever the chain cover type, one should lube the chain every 500 kms for maximum longevity of parts. You'd be surprised to find the amount of muck and grime inside a closed chain casing when you open it for cleaning.

  4. #24
    Rusted Touseef Ahmed Mohammed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Warangal.
    Posts
    384
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Divya Sharan View Post
    IMO, open chains going bad sooner than closed chains is almost a myth, with little relevance.
    It boils down to maintenance on the rider's part.

    Lets consider Splendor (closed chain) vs Twister (open chain).
    Under zero maintenance, one can expect about 22-25k kms of life on Splendor's chain sprocket kit and Twister's would last in the same region, maybe 2-3k km less.

    Whatever the chain cover type, one should lube the chain every 500 kms for maximum longevity of parts. You'd be surprised to find the amount of muck and grime inside a closed chain casing when you open it for cleaning.
    +1.
    There wont be much difference for these two (open chain vs closed chain)
    All depends on maintenance.

  5. #25
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    53
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Its finally down to Bajaj Discover 100cc (old model bike) Vs. Honda Dream Yuga considering the FE, pricing, reliability factors. Honda is expensive by a couple of thousands, but I guess that is the premium you pay for a smoother engine & "so called" reliable tag over the bajaj.

    Wish 100cc bikes came with a tachometer like my good ole KB100 RTZ.

    Now it is time to head out to the Honda shop and try out the Dream Yuga for seating comfort and riding ergonomics


    Is it true that they charge another 900rs extra (as quoted at the Bajaj shop) for getting the RC SMART Card? Can anyone from Bangalore confirm?

    Another point: I am told that everything else (termed as accessories) is charged in Honda. Is it worth buying it in the showroom (just crash guard I guess?) or outside?

  6. #26
    Rusted MoonLight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Delhi
    Posts
    255
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blue_maniac View Post
    Its finally down to Bajaj Discover 100cc (old model bike) Vs. Honda Dream Yuga considering the FE, pricing, reliability factors. Honda is expensive by a couple of thousands, but I guess that is the premium you pay for a smoother engine & "so called" reliable tag over the bajaj.

    Wish 100cc bikes came with a tachometer like my good ole KB100 RTZ.

    Now it is time to head out to the Honda shop and try out the Dream Yuga for seating comfort and riding ergonomics


    Is it true that they charge another 900rs extra (as quoted at the Bajaj shop) for getting the RC SMART Card? Can anyone from Bangalore confirm?

    Another point: I am told that everything else (termed as accessories) is charged in Honda. Is it worth buying it in the showroom (just crash guard I guess?) or outside?

    Negotiate....you can get all accessories for free. Though, this is dealer specific when one dealer is not ready to leave a single penny other dealer can give quite good deal.

  7. #27
    Rusted
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    MH 10
    Posts
    373
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Need bike with 70+kmpl; Reliable; Decent looks; easy/low maintenance; 100+cc is g

    Quote Originally Posted by MoonLight View Post
    Negotiate....you can get all accessories for free. Though, this is dealer specific when one dealer is not ready to leave a single penny other dealer can give quite good deal.
    Yes thats right,go for quotation from different locations or even nearby cities ,it saves a lot of money

    If you do the RTO registration yourself ,you can save more than 1k (depending on which bike u choose)

  8. #28
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    138
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Need bike with 70+kmpl; Reliable; Decent looks; easy/low maintenance; 100+cc is g

    Quote Originally Posted by blue_maniac View Post
    Its finally down to Bajaj Discover 100cc (old model bike) Vs. Honda Dream Yuga considering the FE, pricing, reliability factors. Honda is expensive by a couple of thousands, but I guess that is the premium you pay for a smoother engine & "so called" reliable tag over the bajaj.

    Wish 100cc bikes came with a tachometer like my good ole KB100 RTZ.

    Now it is time to head out to the Honda shop and try out the Dream Yuga for seating comfort and riding ergonomics


    Is it true that they charge another 900rs extra (as quoted at the Bajaj shop) for getting the RC SMART Card? Can anyone from Bangalore confirm?

    Another point: I am told that everything else (termed as accessories) is charged in Honda. Is it worth buying it in the showroom (just crash guard I guess?) or outside?
    If you need Tacho and digital speedo in 100 cc, go and have a look at Mahindra Centuro. I have test rode it and completely satisfied and booked one.
    Around 8K lesser than dream yuga with loads of features. Seating comfort is excellent.
    I was almost decided Passion Xpro, after mahindra's launch I immediately booked .

  9. #29
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    53
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Need bike with 70+kmpl; Reliable; Decent looks; easy/low maintenance; 100+cc is g

    Thanks Babu for the input. Even I was thinking of checking out Centuro. Is it possible to remove those gold colored pipes by any chance? Would you know?
    Last edited by blue_maniac; 07-13-2013 at 09:47 AM. Reason: read the review & editing the query

  10. #30
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    138
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Need bike with 70+kmpl; Reliable; Decent looks; easy/low maintenance; 100+cc is g

    You check in person first. In flesh the golden pipes not that much offensive.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 65
    Last Post: 07-19-2012, 09:28 PM
  2. Please suggest 40+ kmpl city bike <1 lac for 18 yr old
    By kannan.ravindran in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 06-12-2012, 03:41 PM
  3. A cost effective, great mileage with decent power
    By kartikdhar in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-08-2012, 05:24 PM
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-03-2011, 02:32 PM
  5. [xBhp Universal Thread]: Easy Fixes For Bike Electricals
    By Pulsatronnix in forum Universal Threads
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-09-2011, 01:33 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •