Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

WE DESIGN ON

Lenovo ThinkPad
Castrol Power 1

Avoid staying around those big vehicles.

Our Partners

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: is D200 Good for 50 km Office Travel?

  1. #11
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Nashik
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: is D200 Good for 50 km Office Travel?

    Quote Originally Posted by pravinan View Post
    i can see the d200 written all over your post and also in your heart. Never go for a used d200. Get a new Duke 200
    Indeed it is stuck in my Head since the day I attended Orange Day, Pune arranged by KTM few weeks back.
    Mindblowing Machine Duke is!
    R15 was like mewling puking infant on the Race track, humiliated like anything


    Quote Originally Posted by Deathmate.Zed View Post
    Hey Buddy, I am from Pune too and have owned the D200 for 2 years (Can see the thread in my signature). I used it for a daily commute of ~52kms from Pune camp to Hinjewadi. The Duke is an awesome machine with mad power delivery. But if you are going to use it over bad roads a lot(like in ur case), then be prepared for high maintenance. The duke will happily cover those distances without breaking a sweat, but will rattle you over bad roads. If you are willing to spend on the maintenance, then go for it.
    I read your article Deathmate.Zed. It kinda persuaded me to think D200 as a Life Companion and not just a Weekend fun.
    I have been neglecting the thought of buying a Bike, but now I feel its a necessity.
    Actually I am worried about maintenance costs as budget for new Bike + Accessories itself is crosses 1.4L again comes the maintenance.
    & people keep advising me to go for safe option of 4 Wheelers for such budget in mind.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ankey View Post
    Service centers get thousands of bikes for service every week, so they wont be able to give details about a particular bike. Alternatively, you can check the service book of the bike you want, It has service record pages. These service records contain the date of services, the kms bike had run at the time of the service, the work done on the bike, the parts replaced if any. These records have authorised service center stamp and signature. Also check for the computerised bills of the service, it will also have the above info and you can cross check the service book with the bill to make sure.

    And finally, if you do get a second hand bike that you'd buy, take a knowledgeble mechanic with you and have the bike thoroughly checked before finalizing the deal. We may overlook many small things but a mechanic will detect even a small fault. Make friends with him and pay him 200 Rs, and he'll give you accurate report about bike.

    PS: People sell these types of bikes (R15, Dukes, CBRs) because, they abused the bike really bad right from the beginning, without any proper care or maintainence, had few bad crashes and now the bike is more trouble than comfort. A friend of mine had such a bad deal, sold it off 5 moths later for half the money.

    Choose Wisely.
    Agreed. 90% Second hand bikes had suffered in that manner. Suggestion of Bike Mechanic is good. I will see if I can do such research.
    I don't know much bikers/Mechanics at Pune, if any of your friend-circle is having good maintained old D200 for sale. I will be happy to go for it.
    But now Looking at all your suggestions leaning towards new bike. Lets See, I have planned it in next month.
    I hope it wont dig hole in my tiny pocket.

    Thanks for all suggestions.

    ----consecutive posts auto-merged-----

    Quote Originally Posted by nirvaana View Post
    We are already into late 2014 ;-)

    D200 is all over your post mate. Listen to your heart. For a true biker any bike is simply a bliss.

    For peace of mind always buy a new one.
    Sorry its Early 2015 hehehe. My bad.


    If Bajaj is planning Avenger replacement as per what they conveyed. I think it will be worth a shot.
    Also one can see, Jixxer is also all over the news but personally I feels its design looks some weird.

  2. #12
    Rusted Deathmate.Zed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Pune
    Posts
    609
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: is D200 Good for 50 km Office Travel?

    Quote Originally Posted by LemonNCheese View Post

    I read your article Deathmate.Zed. It kinda persuaded me to think D200 as a Life Companion and not just a Weekend fun.
    I have been neglecting the thought of buying a Bike, but now I feel its a necessity.
    Actually I am worried about maintenance costs as budget for new Bike + Accessories itself is crosses 1.4L again comes the maintenance.
    & people keep advising me to go for safe option of 4 Wheelers for such budget in mind.

    ..

    If Bajaj is planning Avenger replacement as per what they conveyed. I think it will be worth a shot.
    Also one can see, Jixxer is also all over the news but personally I feels its design looks some weird.
    Thanks for reading the article Buddy One thing is for sure, The Duke will ensure you have a smile plastered on your face everytime you get on and off it. The only care it demands is periodic maintenence as in replacement of tyres/chain-sprocket sets etc. And some times additional problems like broken oil seals (I faced it 5 times!).. Although I have sold my Duke, I still miss it very much and every moment of happiness it gave me is still fresh in my memory.

    That's why I say, the Duke is an emotional buy. If it drives your heart crazy then just go for it. Care for it and it will reward you generously Wish you had made up ur mind when my Duke was for sale. Seeing your passion, would have given you a nice deal

    And yeah, with all due respect, Don't listen to people wanting you to buy a boring car for it's safety (and drivability in rains) features. 'Why we ride' is best answered by personal experience

    --------------

    The Avenger replacement you are talking about is more or less going to be the CS400, which is not a 'cruiser' in reality. It's better not to wait for products that are no where to be seen on the horizon presently.
    Last edited by Deathmate.Zed; 09-24-2014 at 08:52 PM.

  3. #13
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Nashik
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: is D200 Good for 50 km Office Travel?

    Off This Topic Query, guys @Deathmate.Zed @Ankey @pravinan @nirvaana what Bike Insurance do you prefer?

    What are the things I should take care buying insurance of as I live in a place (Saswad, Pune) where New D200 is more likely to get stolen.

  4. #14
    Rusted Ankey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dehradun
    Posts
    1,411
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: is D200 Good for 50 km Office Travel?

    Quote Originally Posted by LemonNCheese View Post
    Off This Topic Query, guys @Deathmate.Zed @Ankey @pravinan @nirvaana what Bike Insurance do you prefer?

    What are the things I should take care buying insurance of as I live in a place (Saswad, Pune) where New D200 is more likely to get stolen.
    Brother, I have very limited knowledge about various insurance companies, The first year insurance is done by the showroom itself, and it is a all round full insurance (first, second and third party), so you dont have to worry about it for a year. and it will give you enough time to research about various companies that provide insurance for vehicles.

    The insurance services differ from place to place, so guys from pune might be able to give you a informed suggestion. There is also a thread about insurance in general biking discussions thread. check it out. you'll get lots of good info.
    LemonNCheese likes this.
    I would like to thank my legs for supporting me, my arms for being always by my side and my fingers; I could always count on them.

  5. #15
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Nashik
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: is D200 Good for 50 km Office Travel?

    Dear All,
    I took a test drive and quite impreesed with it that it drives like any other bike.
    So Booked a new D200 in White & will get it delivery in first week of November.

    I am also eyeing on the checklist to be followed while Buying new Duke.

    So haapy now....
    Deathmate.Zed likes this.

  6. #16
    Rusted BiKeLovER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Pune
    Posts
    610
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: is D200 Good for 50 km Office Travel?

    Quote Originally Posted by LemonNCheese View Post
    Dear All,
    I took a test drive and quite impreesed with it that it drives like any other bike.
    So Booked a new D200 in White & will get it delivery in first week of November.

    I am also eyeing on the checklist to be followed while Buying new Duke.

    So haapy now....
    Good Choice Where did you book it ? In hadapsar ? I believe They have ready for delivery Duke 200's at Ruby Hall

    I was about to book it but when i saw RC200 I was totally sold and booked that ....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]



    --------------------------------------

    A ConCluSion Is SiMply ThE PlaCe.
    WheRe YoU gOT TiRed Of ThiNkinG.
    --------------------------------------


  7. #17
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Nashik
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: is D200 Good for 50 km Office Travel?

    Quote Originally Posted by BiKeLovER View Post
    Good Choice Where did you book it ? In hadapsar ? I believe They have ready for delivery Duke 200's at Ruby Hall

    I was about to book it but when i saw RC200 I was totally sold and booked that ....
    Yes its the same Showroom near Ruby Hall.

    RC series is fantastic no doubt, but practicality is different.
    Frankly I don't think we have roads for bike like RC200 (atleast the way where I am planning to ride D200 can be called as off-road for RC
    Secondly, Pillion seat is stupid enough. I would really like to see someone sitting at back constantly trying to hold onto something (or perhaps Rider ) to avoid falling off.

    By the way, have you opted for Orange Assist? Anyone found it useful?
    I will be mostly driving my D200 outside the city so probably it is good idea for me to opt for it.

  8. #18
    Rusted BiKeLovER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Pune
    Posts
    610
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: is D200 Good for 50 km Office Travel?

    Quote Originally Posted by LemonNCheese View Post
    Yes its the same Showroom near Ruby Hall.

    RC series is fantastic no doubt, but practicality is different.
    Frankly I don't think we have roads for bike like RC200 (atleast the way where I am planning to ride D200 can be called as off-road for RC
    Secondly, Pillion seat is stupid enough. I would really like to see someone sitting at back constantly trying to hold onto something (or perhaps Rider ) to avoid falling off.

    By the way, have you opted for Orange Assist? Anyone found it useful?
    I will be mostly driving my D200 outside the city so probably it is good idea for me to opt for it.
    You are right !!!! RC is not a practical bike for your commute. I booked it becuase I only ride for 35 ODD Km to and From and on good nagar road / Sangamwadi Bridge

    I just went yesterday and booked it with initial 30K Not sure of Orange Assist they may provide me more details when my Bike is in...

    I may get it by first week of December ....

    Its good you opted for new bike. happy riding .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]



    --------------------------------------

    A ConCluSion Is SiMply ThE PlaCe.
    WheRe YoU gOT TiRed Of ThiNkinG.
    --------------------------------------


  9. #19
    Rusted Ankey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dehradun
    Posts
    1,411
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: is D200 Good for 50 km Office Travel?

    Quote Originally Posted by LemonNCheese View Post
    Dear All,
    I took a test drive and quite impreesed with it that it drives like any other bike.
    So Booked a new D200 in White & will get it delivery in first week of November.

    I am also eyeing on the checklist to be followed while Buying new Duke.

    So haapy now....
    My heartiest congratulations for the new bike brother,
    May you have many many happy and safe miles on your bike.
    Post some pics when you bring the beast home.
    Congrats once again.
    I would like to thank my legs for supporting me, my arms for being always by my side and my fingers; I could always count on them.

  10. #20
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Nashik
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: is D200 Good for 50 km Office Travel?

    Quote Originally Posted by BiKeLovER View Post
    You are right !!!! RC is not a practical bike for your commute. I booked it becuase I only ride for 35 ODD Km to and From and on good nagar road / Sangamwadi Bridge
    I just went yesterday and booked it with initial 30K Not sure of Orange Assist they may provide me more details when my Bike is in...
    I may get it by first week of December ....
    Its good you opted for new bike. happy riding .
    Orange Assist help you within 100km radius around KTM Bund Garden showroom, with middle-of-the-road-break-downs. They even provide petrol if needed.
    I am opting for it as I feel it will prove worthy as there will be no good mechanic in my area.
    Your commuting route is smooth enough for RC, no doubt.
    What did your girlfriend say about the pillion ride

    Quote Originally Posted by Ankey View Post
    My heartiest congratulations for the new bike brother,
    May you have many many happy and safe miles on your bike.
    Post some pics when you bring the beast home.
    Congrats once again.
    Thanks a lot Man ! All you guys helped for the decision.
    Sure will share pics once I get it.

    They posted
    Interesting comparisons with a First impression review of RC bikes, makes me feels RC is made only for tracks.
    And with that much weight, Mileage figures will sure dig hole in pockets for daily commuters.

    http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/bike-reviews/30213-xbhp-first-impression-ktm-rc-390-rc200.html
    Deathmate.Zed likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Good bike for 60 km daily travel.
    By nhn26 in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 10-02-2014, 12:05 AM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-29-2014, 10:40 PM
  3. Office Commuter Bike - Bangalore Traffic
    By blackstallion76 in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 07-28-2012, 02:07 AM
  4. Replies: 73
    Last Post: 06-25-2011, 01:12 PM
  5. VIDEO:Yamaha team Riders Day At The Office
    By Anuragxtreme in forum Motorsports
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-17-2009, 04:03 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •