Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

WE DESIGN ON

Lenovo ThinkPad
Castrol Power 1

Practice slow-speed riding.

Our Partners

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Need Suggestions to buy my Next Bike

  1. #11
    Rusted Pulsar220F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Trivandrum
    Posts
    273
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Need Suggestions to buy my Next Bike

    Quote Originally Posted by gambitrite View Post
    Thanks for the detailed description. I am not particularly looking for a power upgrade to 150cc. My main requirement will be mileage as i am in sales and need to travel a lot (min 50km - max80km) daily. So low maintenance will be my second priority.

    Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
    You may check - Bajaj Pulsar 135 LS also if you are still interested in Bajaj. 135cc, Petrol, Manual, 64 kmpl* http://www.bikewale.com/bajaj-bikes/pulsar135ls/

    Like Krishna said above this seems a good one too - Yamaha SZ-RR 153cc, Petrol, Manual, 55 kmpl* Yamaha SZ-RR Price in India, Review, Mileage & Photos - Bikewale

    I'd go for the Yamaha due to the reliability and the power figures( torque) showing is great -
    Max Power 11.9 bhp @ 7500 rpm
    Maximum Torque 12.8 Nm @ 4500 rpm
    Last edited by Pulsar220F; 08-03-2015 at 08:20 PM.

  2. #12
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Bangalore, India
    Posts
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Need Suggestions to buy my Next Bike

    Quote Originally Posted by Pulsar220F View Post
    You may check - Bajaj Pulsar 135 LS also if you are still interested in Bajaj. 135cc, Petrol, Manual, 64 kmpl* http://www.bikewale.com/bajaj-bikes/pulsar135ls/

    Like Krishna said above this seems a good one too - Yamaha SZ-RR 153cc, Petrol, Manual, 55 kmpl* Yamaha SZ-RR Price in India, Review, Mileage & Photos - Bikewale

    I'd go for the Yamaha due to the reliability and the power figures( torque) showing is great -
    Max Power 11.9 bhp @ 7500 rpm
    Maximum Torque 12.8 Nm @ 4500 rpm
    But as per Yamaha's website, torque is 12.8 Nm/ 6000 rpm... Any idea about the mileage figures of this bike on city road conditions?

    Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

  3. #13
    Rusted Pulsar220F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Trivandrum
    Posts
    273
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Need Suggestions to buy my Next Bike

    Quote Originally Posted by gambitrite View Post
    But as per Yamaha's website, torque is 12.8 Nm/ 6000 rpm... Any idea about the mileage figures of this bike on city road conditions?

    Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
    I'm not sure city mileage readings..

  4. #14
    Rusted krishna77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Dum Dum, Kolkata
    Posts
    5,492
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Need Suggestions to buy my Next Bike

    Well, if you are not looking specifically for a 150cc, then the Yamaha Saluto or the Honda Shine can satisfy your need. Frankly, a 110/125 cc is good enough for 50-60 km.s daily.
    Both are reliable, smooth and comfortable. Specially from Saluto, you can expect 60kmpl+ as the cc to bhp ratio is great for good mileage. Looks are fresh.
    Shine on the other hand has nothing more to prove. A major disadvantage is vibrations above 60kmph. But, for city rides, that shouldn't matter much.
    But, if you want that occasional long ride on the weekends or a more fun to ride bike without compromising your needs, check out the SS125. As already mentioned, SS125 is a mix of power and mileage. If you ride sedately, you can expect ~ 54-56 kmpl.
    Other than these two there is the Dream series from Honda, Hayate from Suzuki(hasn't really taken off) and Glamour.
    Weigh down your priorities and then decide. No one bike is going to give you all the positive things together.
    Best of luck!

  5. #15
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Bangalore, India
    Posts
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Need Suggestions to buy my Next Bike

    Quote Originally Posted by krishna77 View Post
    Well, if you are not looking specifically for a 150cc, then the Yamaha Saluto or the Honda Shine can satisfy your need. Frankly, a 110/125 cc is good enough for 50-60 km.s daily.
    Both are reliable, smooth and comfortable. Specially from Saluto, you can expect 60kmpl+ as the cc to bhp ratio is great for good mileage. Looks are fresh.
    Shine on the other hand has nothing more to prove. A major disadvantage is vibrations above 60kmph. But, for city rides, that shouldn't matter much.
    But, if you want that occasional long ride on the weekends or a more fun to ride bike without compromising your needs, check out the SS125. As already mentioned, SS125 is a mix of power and mileage. If you ride sedately, you can expect ~ 54-56 kmpl.
    Other than these two there is the Dream series from Honda, Hayate from Suzuki(hasn't really taken off) and Glamour.
    Weigh down your priorities and then decide. No one bike is going to give you all the positive things together.
    Best of luck!
    Thank you very much... A very detailed description, helps a lot. How is Honda Livo?? Any idea about the bike? One of my friend that it is good.

    Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Need suggestions on my first bike
    By Vishal_G in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-29-2015, 10:43 AM
  2. Suggestions for new bike
    By ravenblade in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-01-2011, 10:25 AM
  3. Suggestions for my second bike :)
    By sonu1990 in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-25-2011, 05:43 PM
  4. need suggestions regarding first bike
    By sauravalwaysurs in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-26-2010, 10:01 AM
  5. 70K Bike suggestions
    By whytryharder in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 02-15-2010, 01:01 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •