Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like minded biker friends. We have one common religion - Bikeism.

T-shirt
Magazine
Castrol Power 1

Stop braking before you start turning.

Our Partners



User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 39 of 39
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Comfortable bike for a back pain victim

  1. #31
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Kozhikode
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Comfortable bike for a back pain victim

    Have gone through the discussions.
    Kindly advice a bike or scooter for a height of 6ft 2" and 95kg weight suffering from disc problem. Please suggest under 1L and under 2L. I want only for city/domestic use.

  2. #32
    Rusted jammbuster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Delhi
    Posts
    869
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Comfortable bike for a back pain victim

    Quote Originally Posted by anjath View Post
    Have gone through the discussions.
    Kindly advice a bike or scooter for a height of 6ft 2" and 95kg weight suffering from disc problem. Please suggest under 1L and under 2L. I want only for city/domestic use.
    I am 6.6" in height weight almost similar to you

    If you ask from me ... CBR250 ABS(lucky if you get from second hand market), Dominor ABS.

    Please purchase ABS enabled bike if life is your priority ...

    But currently i am using hero maestro due to my short run (home<->Metro Station)

    MY LIFE....................MY RULES.......

    Never take life Seriously .Nobody gets out alive anyway
    ____________________________________________
    Pulsar 150 (2000-2002) ; TVS Aapache 150 then (2002-2003) ; HH Karizma (2003-2005) ; HH Pasion Pro (2004-2006) ; pulsar 150 (2006-2009) ; SZ-r (2009-2011) ; Stunner (2012 - 2014); Hero Maestro (2015 to till) :p

  3. #33
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Kozhikode
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Comfortable bike for a back pain victim

    Quote Originally Posted by jammbuster View Post
    I am 6.6" in height weight almost similar to you

    If you ask from me ... CBR250 ABS(lucky if you get from second hand market), Dominor ABS.

    Please purchase ABS enabled bike if life is your priority ...

    But currently i am using hero maestro due to my short run (home<->Metro Station)
    My usage is max 8 kms per day. Local shopping etc. I feel scooter is best. Any particular model for our height or all scooters more or less the same? Thanks for your reply.

  4. #34
    Rusted jammbuster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Delhi
    Posts
    869
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Comfortable bike for a back pain victim

    Quote Originally Posted by anjath View Post
    My usage is max 8 kms per day. Local shopping etc. I feel scooter is best. Any particular model for our height or all scooters more or less the same? Thanks for your reply.

    As i said.. I am using maestro since 2015 no back issue at all... you may check jupiter also.. rest all look small in front of me ..

    Sr Race is Okiesh... but again its not practice scooter at all.

    One thing i want to share i had just replaced telescopic back shocker (hero) to gas charged shocker (same used in TVS jupiter)

    You make check :- the following

    1. honda grazia
    2. Hero Maestro
    3. Jupitor
    4. Suzuki Access.

    Just keep below point in mind..

    1. As usage is for small distance dont run for mileage (any scooter can give you mileage between 45-55 KMPL) .. I am getting 40KMPL

    2. Check Seat Storage area and external fuel lid opener

    3. spare part availability and its cost.

    4. metallic body is always heavier than fiber body (maestro having the same)

    5. Most of the scooter come with 12" wheel in front 10" in back .. ( i Dont know whats the use of this .. I think jupitor is the only scooter having same wheel on both 12" check yourself)

    6. Check how easy to take turn while having both legs on floor of the scooter( I hope you get my intuition here, longer ppls always having knee issue while turning)

    If you ask me ..

    I shall check new honda grazia first
    Then
    Jupiter ( as i already own maestro)
    then access

    A Big NO to activa ... i hate to be in crowded... rest this is your personal choice... try to take 125cc scooter .. its helps you alot if possible check alloy with disc brake...

    scooter always have weak brake no matter if its having combi or CBS brake system

    Good Luck ..
    Last edited by jammbuster; 12-28-2017 at 12:49 PM.

    MY LIFE....................MY RULES.......

    Never take life Seriously .Nobody gets out alive anyway
    ____________________________________________
    Pulsar 150 (2000-2002) ; TVS Aapache 150 then (2002-2003) ; HH Karizma (2003-2005) ; HH Pasion Pro (2004-2006) ; pulsar 150 (2006-2009) ; SZ-r (2009-2011) ; Stunner (2012 - 2014); Hero Maestro (2015 to till) :p

  5. #35
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Kozhikode
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Comfortable bike for a back pain victim

    Quote Originally Posted by jammbuster View Post
    As i said.. I am using maestro since 2015 no back issue at all... you may check jupiter also.. rest all look small in front of me ..

    Sr Race is Okiesh... but again its not practice scooter at all.

    One thing i want to share i had just replaced telescopic back shocker (hero) to gas charged shocker (same used in TVS jupiter)

    You make check :- the following

    1. honda grazia
    2. Hero Maestro
    3. Jupitor
    4. Suzuki Access.

    Just keep below point in mind..

    1. As usage is for small distance dont run for mileage (any scooter can give you mileage between 45-55 KMPL) .. I am getting 40KMPL

    2. Check Seat Storage area and external fuel lid opener

    3. spare part availability and its cost.

    4. metallic body is always heavier than fiber body (maestro having the same)

    5. Most of the scooter come with 12" wheel in front 10" in back .. ( i Dont know whats the use of this .. I think jupitor is the only scooter having same wheel on both 12" check yourself)

    6. Check how easy to take turn while having both legs on floor of the scooter( I hope you get my intuition here, longer ppls always having knee issue while turning)

    If you ask me ..

    I shall check new honda grazia first
    Then
    Jupiter ( as i already own maestro)
    then access

    A Big NO to activa ... i hate to be in crowded... rest this is your personal choice... try to take 125cc scooter .. its helps you alot if possible check alloy with disc brake...

    scooter always have weak brake no matter if its having combi or CBS brake system

    Good Luck ..
    Many thanks for taking time out for your exhaustive reply. You have given me good points i need to consider prior to purchase. Will definitely look into Grazia. Thanks again.

  6. #36
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    53
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Comfortable bike for a back pain victim

    Quote Originally Posted by anjath View Post
    My usage is max 8 kms per day. Local shopping etc. I feel scooter is best. Any particular model for our height or all scooters more or less the same? Thanks for your reply.
    I suggest you take a look at Activa 125 or Suzuki Access. Activa 125 would be a bit more refined but i prefer the access dues to the larger seat area, cheaper spares.
    Grazia looks sporty but the above scooters are more practical.
    I have a 2012 model suzuki swish. Mileage is around 36-40. It is a low maintenance vehicle.
    The 100/110cc scooters are low on torque and you would be better suited to a 125cc scooter.

  7. #37
    Rusted jammbuster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Delhi
    Posts
    869
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Comfortable bike for a back pain victim

    Quote Originally Posted by ZZR1 View Post
    I suggest you take a look at Activa 125 or Suzuki Access. Activa 125 would be a bit more refined but i prefer the access dues to the larger seat area, cheaper spares.
    Grazia looks sporty but the above scooters are more practical.
    I have a 2012 model suzuki swish. Mileage is around 36-40. It is a low maintenance vehicle.
    The 100/110cc scooters are low on torque and you would be better suited to a 125cc scooter.
    Bro pls compare the specs of three scooter s ... Grazia is stylish , comfortable, practical

    MY LIFE....................MY RULES.......

    Never take life Seriously .Nobody gets out alive anyway
    ____________________________________________
    Pulsar 150 (2000-2002) ; TVS Aapache 150 then (2002-2003) ; HH Karizma (2003-2005) ; HH Pasion Pro (2004-2006) ; pulsar 150 (2006-2009) ; SZ-r (2009-2011) ; Stunner (2012 - 2014); Hero Maestro (2015 to till) :p

  8. #38
    Rusted jammbuster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Delhi
    Posts
    869
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Comfortable bike for a back pain victim

    https://youtu.be/luT9fuM4Gxo

    Comparison between grazia and access

    MY LIFE....................MY RULES.......

    Never take life Seriously .Nobody gets out alive anyway
    ____________________________________________
    Pulsar 150 (2000-2002) ; TVS Aapache 150 then (2002-2003) ; HH Karizma (2003-2005) ; HH Pasion Pro (2004-2006) ; pulsar 150 (2006-2009) ; SZ-r (2009-2011) ; Stunner (2012 - 2014); Hero Maestro (2015 to till) :p

  9. #39
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    166
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Comfortable bike for a back pain victim

    you need a light bike with good suspension (no need for power), i owned unicorn previously it is not light and dificult to access/ take it out from crowded parking lots. I suggest you to test ride TVS Victor(110 cc) atleast once and decide...
    "If you care enough for a result,you will most certainly attain it."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Similar Threads

  1. Best Bike/Scooter for Back pain issues
    By sajjt in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 02-10-2018, 01:53 AM
  2. Which Bike or Scooter - for Neck & Back Pain
    By shankhar in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-11-2017, 10:47 AM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-06-2016, 04:41 PM
  4. Which shock absorber is best for back pain
    By irumbu_kudhirai in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-17-2016, 07:49 PM
  5. need help !!! comfortable bike for my back
    By paths_of_glory in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-02-2014, 07:15 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •